Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Ohhh regrets!

I regret caring so little in High School. Not caring so little about work, I stand by that decision. But caring so little about socializing. I had plenty of friends but was so 'meh' about everything that I missed out on a lot of opportunities of just living it up that I will never have again.
    archer2.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I'm socially awkward and generally dislike spending time with people in person if I don't know them, but that's good because it gives me more time for reading, [chat]ting, and XBox achievements.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    I regret getting really high and chatting to this awesome girl on the train home, and when I was going to get off she offered her number I said "I don't have a pen on me" and hopped off the train.

Or most of my life from 14-22. If I could re-do that part I totally would.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I agree with TB. I think more people that I hate should die from it.

Die from what? Badly produced LPs made with phone cameras?
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

It was a Tuberculosis joke.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I wish I wasn't so hard up for a boyfriend when I was younger. I would've stayed single a lot longer but if I hadn't done all of that then I probably wouldn't have met Sarksus, so hey!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I don't see how the Nintendo Thing can be so bad... So, what, Nintendo will make money off LPs on Youtube? That makes sense to me...
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    let me say that there is a level of argument at which "have you tried.... evolutionary game theory?" doesn't fly. this is the dividing line that separate popsci from actualsci, if you will.

Hey nah, just hold on a minute nah.
    black-man-angry.jpg
    network_sig2.png
    Mim wrote: »
    I wish I wasn't so hard up for a boyfriend when I was younger. I would've stayed single a lot longer but if I hadn't done all of that then I probably wouldn't have met Sarksus, so hey!

Yeah, you're right. That is a pretty big regret. Guys, pack it in, we can't compete with meeting Sarksus.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I really enjoy TB, he at least is honest about his opinions on games. And tends to go in depth in stuff and it is purely from a pc gamer perspective.
    falasig.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

Oh.

Oh.

I associate TB with Totalbiscuit more then tuberculosis so... I dunno if that's bad or not.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    It is Nintendo's content so they can do what they wish with it.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I regret all conversations about regrets.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Ham you have developed a bad habit of digging up ancient quotes.

Seems like you should get that looked at.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular

Wait...did I miss something? Did two [chat]ers hook up?
    t7zsk1.jpg
    Nintendo fanboys are about as reasonable as firefly fans, 21st
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

Yeah, you're right. That is a pretty big regret. Guys, pack it in, we can't compete with meeting Sarksus.

game

over

man

game over
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I could say I should have tried harder in high school. And I should've cause I barely cracked 3.0.

But I'm not sure how it would have improved my education, since I still got to go to Edinburgh and will be able to walk into whatever PhD program I want whenever I get around to it.

Embrace entropy. Give your regrets over to Lord Darkseid and let his warmth free you.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Oh shit I also regret not majoring in Business for my undergrad. That would have saved me so much trouble and so much wasted time. God I hate wasted time.
    archer2.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @elldren

In his new book, co-written with Hugh Delehanty and entitled "Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success," Jackson breaks down what separated Jordan from Bryant, the biggest stars and personalities that he coached during his Hall of Fame career.

The Los Angeles Times, which received an advance copy of the 339-page book, provided some details of Jackson's Jordan and Bryant comparison.

In terms of advantages, the biggest that Jordan has over Bryant comes in the leadership department, according to Jackson.

"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson writes. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had in his bones."

"No question, Michael was a tougher, more intimidating defender," Jackson writes. "He could break through virtually any screen and shut down almost any player with his intense, laser-focused style of defense."

Saying Bryant learned some of Jordan's defensive tricks, Jackson added: "In general, Kobe tends to rely more heavily on his flexibility and craftiness, but he takes a lot of gambles on defense and sometimes pays the price."

On offense, Jackson said: "Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game."

Jackson also touched on the difference in personalities.

"Michael was more charismatic and gregarious than Kobe," Jackson writes. "He loved hanging out with his teammates and security guards, playing cards, smoking cigars, and joking around.

"Kobe is different. He was reserved as a teenager, in part because he was younger than the other players and hadn't developed strong social skills in college. When Kobe first joined the Lakers, he avoided fraternizing with his teammates. But his inclination to keep to himself shifted as he grew older. Increasingly, Kobe put more energy into getting to know the other players, especially when the team was on the road."

Jackson also revealed that the sexual assault charges levied against Bryant in 2003 temporarily clouded his outlook of the Lakers star. The situation "cracked open an old wound" because Jackson's daughter Brooke had been sexually assaulted by an athlete in college.

I was just reading this.. PJ is so humble.. Fuck him and Jeanie. RIP Jerry. He was a good man.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy

Life's funny like that; sometimes you don't find what your looking for until you stop looking, sometimes you find it in a moment of despair or resignation, sometimes you look and there it is, right in front of you.

And I might rip on Sarksus here and there but I am happy for both of you and hope your relationship is a long and prosperous one for both of you. It gives hope to the rest of us for sure.
    I don't see how the Nintendo Thing can be so bad... So, what, Nintendo will make money off LPs on Youtube? That makes sense to me...

Watch the video and be educated then.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Abdhyius what the hell norwegian holiday is today and monday?

Today is the constitution day

tomorrow and monday is some christian stuff or other.

also hello!

I have been pleasantly far from sobriety all day since breakfast.

Which was had at friends and we all brought food and champagne

and then we went downtown and watched the procession

then to another pair of friends for some hotdogs, coffee, beer and scotch for those who wanted

then me and my mate went to his place just to chill out without crowds or noise

and now I'm at home changing shirts and getting drink for the soiree at another friend's place

xlh6c3.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

I love deadly disease jokes.
    I wish I got religious holidays off.

and the entire month of July.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Gah, why can't this stuff dry faster? I want to get some work done.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also: I really need new shirts. These are all just a little too tight in the neck. Which makes wearing a tie all day, like I have been, somewhat uncomfortable.
    xlh6c3.png
    well that hour went by quickly.

not much to go.
    Guys, it's so sad when you get old and all the people you like, and think are good and deserve their success quietly disappear and die, and then people like Rupert Murdoch and the Koch's are gonna live as heads in jars having outsized say in politics until the singularity.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

LYowOMF.png

Deadly viruses are classy.
    I could say I should have tried harder in high school. And I should've cause I barely cracked 3.0.

But I'm not sure how it would have improved my education, since I still got to go to Edinburgh and will be able to walk into whatever PhD program I want whenever I get around to it.

Embrace entropy. Give your regrets over to Lord Darkseid and let his warmth free you.

/nod

I hated high school and feel as though the main thing I took from it was a curiousity in learning about stuff like global politics and history, which was started there but woefully under appreciated in most of my classes, like the religion class that only taught Christianity with a boner for Catholicism, and some Judaism and Islam, very basic. It still had enough barebones detail though to make me interested in learning about all those things as well as stuff like Shinto, Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism, etc. I went big on Buddhist psychology in grade 12.

School is important, but never let a number or a teacher tell you it's their way or the minimum wage for you; even if the alternatives may be more nebulous and harder to see, it's not impossible to find elements of institutionalized education that are valuable and elements of life experience and entrepreneurship that are just as valuable. It's important to give it a lot of thought and look for where your passion lies.
  • LucidLucid Registered User regular
    I mean, so far.

I haven't really done much of anything as of yet, but then again I'm only 24.

Damn, I'm 27. It feels weird being one of the older ones in the room([chat]).

EDIT: What the crap is 'one' possessing here? Stupid me and grammar.

27 is not old.

25 is totally mode age and possibly median, there are scatterings of younger people and a significant amount of older people.

Like you're probably like 60th percentile or so.

25 IS OOLLLLLDDDDDDDD

(well, based upon how my body is falling apart)

I remember feeling old upon turning 30, and lamenting as such to a professor friend of mine (60). He just laughed at me, and I felt young and childish again.
    "...these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into"

24ln5g0.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also: I really need new shirts. These are all just a little too tight in the neck. Which makes wearing a tie all day, like I have been, somewhat uncomfortable.

cut off the collar button and resew it on slightly looser than it was before.

/nod

I hated high school and feel as though the main thing I took from it was a curiousity in learning about stuff like global politics and history, which was started there but woefully under appreciated in most of my classes, like the religion class that only taught Christianity with a boner for Catholicism, and some Judaism and Islam, very basic. It still had enough barebones detail though to make me interested in learning about all those things as well as stuff like Shinto, Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism, etc. I went big on Buddhist psychology in grade 12.

School is important, but never let a number or a teacher tell you it's their way or the minimum wage for you; even if the alternatives may be more nebulous and harder to see, it's not impossible to find elements of institutionalized education that are valuable and elements of life experience and entrepreneurship that are just as valuable. It's important to give it a lot of thought and look for where your passion lies.

Absolutely.

I was told I would never get into college or succeed.

Now I have a master's degree.

And he's still teaching at one of the worst high schools in Florida.

The best revenge is tomahawk missiles.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I'll consider myself young as long as I can pull off a hadoken in street fighter

oh really, what other jokes do you like? I hope you don't think I'm prion.
    Lucid wrote: »
    I mean, so far.

I haven't really done much of anything as of yet, but then again I'm only 24.

Damn, I'm 27. It feels weird being one of the older ones in the room([chat]).

EDIT: What the crap is 'one' possessing here? Stupid me and grammar.

27 is not old.

25 is totally mode age and possibly median, there are scatterings of younger people and a significant amount of older people.

Like you're probably like 60th percentile or so.

25 IS OOLLLLLDDDDDDDD

(well, based upon how my body is falling apart)

I remember feeling old upon turning 30, and lamenting as such to a professor friend of mine (60). He just laughed at me, and I felt young and childish again.

anytime you feel old, make yourself do something stupid.

when you finally can't make yourself feel stupid or do something that is stupid, you are old.
    ronya wrote: »

I think what he meant was:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Evolutionary game theory has proven itself to be invaluable in helping to explain many complex and challenging aspects of biology. It has been particularly helpful in establishing the basis of altruistic behaviours within the context of Darwinian process. Despite its origin and original purpose, evolutionary game theory has become of increasing interest to economists, sociologists, anthropologists, and philosophers.

It might be overstated in it's importance because games are cool, but game theory is still useful to actual science.
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I think I regret not asking to hang out with a chick I sat next to on a flight home one new year's eve

we talked the whole flight and she was pretty awesome

can't recall regretting much else

ed: I regret not asking I mean

I've had this regret so many times back when I was a jet setter. I was so socially awkward, and always either in a relationship with Becky or heartbroken flying home after being broken up with, I never thought that people in airplanes could ever be anything, but the last people I see before I die,