Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Woo! The dogs playing D&D kickstarter reached it's goal with 28 days to go.

Is.... is this what I think it is?

dogs playing D&D, eh

lemme use this roll:
    STR:
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]
    DEX:
    1d20 18 [1d20=18]
    CON:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    INT:
    1d20 20 [1d20=20]
    WIS:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]
    CHA:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]

Strength is not a dump stat!

I can do four pullups IRL

reroll plz?
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I do love the dragon control he gives, seriously, though. And I'm biased by some of my epic baron steals/200 games with him.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    when I was in PR I had to log all my time by client and task

that was horrible

Why is "Taking horrific dump 30 minutes" on here 5 times in one day skippy?
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    That's a weird thing about wanting to bang the same sex you are attracted to people who simultaneously make you feel weird about your own appearance

This happens so often that sometimes I can't tell the difference between wanting to bang someone and wanting to be them.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    hey has anyone played mark of the ninja

it's on sale on amazon and I think I remember hearing people say good things about it
    edited May 2013
    20120518_044239_nguyens.jpg
    ronya on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Dogs playing D&D whaaaaaaaa
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    wait nintendo is seizing people's lets plays and taking the ad revenue?

Hey, guys, our fans our providing us free advertising, we can't have that!

Eh, this is entirely reasonable, it's not like their making them take it down, their basically saying, sure you can put up the entire content of our game without licensing it from us, but we get ad revenue.

I would argue it's pretty much the ideal situation. The only real improvement would be being able to work out a split.

It's not an ideal solution, it's really stupid, and it's terrible for the game's industry

They got their money when the game was purchased, and these videos help sell the games!
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    Vi seems pretty nasty in the jangle

I should learn some jangleds that can gank at level 2
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    ugh my head is full of wool

*turns into a slug and slides down chair*
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    hey has anyone played mark of the ninja

it's on sale on amazon and I think I remember hearing people say good things about it

It's fantastic.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    D&D stats are 3d6, you fucking heathen.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

Eh, this is entirely reasonable, it's not like their making them take it down, their basically saying, sure you can put up the entire content of our game without licensing it from us, but we get ad revenue.

I would argue it's pretty much the ideal situation. The only real improvement would be being able to work out a split.

It's not an ideal solution, it's really stupid, and it's terrible for the game's industry

They got their money when the game was purchased, and these videos help sell the games!

Plus, it's not just that they're getting ad revenue, it's that they're getting the entirety of the ad revenue while the LPers get nothing for their input. On top of that, the revenue that they'll get by doing this is mere peanuts and doesn't amount to anything meaningful as far as a revenue stream for them. It's just all around dumb/ignorant decision making.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    Vi seems pretty nasty in the jangle

I should learn some jangleds that can gank at level 2

The overpowered low level gankers are fun.. Riven and Ali aren't very good anymore outta the jungle, so I use pretty much only Nunu/Diana. I haven't played enough recently, I had quit playing tns right after Vis last nerf so I'm not sure where she stands.. I'd say just use Lee if you don't hate him/want a tournament viable multi-lane champ.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    I have a friend who works in IT

I suspect he makes six figures, and he's hourly because of how his job is classified or something

it is the best thing and I am mad jelly

If you're IT, hourly> salaried as long as the benefits are the same,imho.

No way. I greatly prefer salary.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I didn't realize that Non-Euclidean geometry was like... a real thing.

I am now reading about it and holy fuck I am out of my depth here.

Going to read about this later: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riemannian_geometry

RiemannLives I assume this is the basis for your screen name?

@Inquisitor

the Mathematician Riemann did tons of stuff. I didn't pick this name because of that particular part of his work as I didn't get to Differential Geometry until my senior year just before I ran out of money.

I picked this name back when I joined the PA forums in early 99 cause I was reading about the space known as the "Riemann Sphere" in particular. It is a thought experiment to construct a space which is as similar to a familiar space of numbers as possible (in this case, it is similar to the complex numbers) while also allowing division by zero as a sensible concept.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Timecards are ridiculous

I have to log
    -when I start work and where
    -when I leave work
    -when I'm in a meeting and where
    -when I'm en route to another building and to which
    -when I'm in the caf or outside (which no one does)
    -when I run out of the office for a while (lunch or errands or something)
    -when I'm working some place other than my desk and can be paged
    -when I'm working some place other than my desk and can be phoned

Some of it is convenient since I can figure out who I can contact if necessary. But it also means you're flagged if you leave before 530 (but not if you get in late or early) or if you work less than 7 hours in a day.

awwwwwwwwful

i had a job like this once
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

Plus, it's not just that they're getting ad revenue, it's that they're getting the entirety of the ad revenue while the LPers get nothing for their input. On top of that, the revenue that they'll get by doing this is mere peanuts and doesn't amount to anything meaningful as far as a revenue stream for them. It's just all around dumb/ignorant decision making.

Yes, I'm gonna be really impressed if this will be enforceable in the US.. As long as the Streamers are following fair use guidelines.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Why did they take eight pictures of one girl?
    oh very well then

Geth roll 3d6 for STR
    Geth roll 3d6 for DEX
    Geth roll 3d6 for CON
    Geth roll 3d6 for INT
    Geth roll 3d6 for WIS
    Geth roll 3d6 for CHA

Nintendo is clearly in it's death throes.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    I wish I wasn't so hard up for a boyfriend when I was younger. I would've stayed single a lot longer but if I hadn't done all of that then I probably wouldn't have met Sarksus, so hey!

Yeah, you're right. That is a pretty big regret. Guys, pack it in, we can't compete with meeting Sarksus.

:P
    edited May 2013

Yes, I'm gonna be really impressed if this will be enforceable in the US.. As long as the Streamers are following fair use guidelines.

Youtube pretty much always errs on the side of the corporation making a claim

Nintendo has like $8,000,000,000 cash on hand
    override367 on
    So hey can someone do me a real quick solid? I need a comprehensive list of all Comcast compatible modems, and I can't find one googling on my phone. They're telling me that the modem I purchased six months ago isn't compatible even though it totally was when I bought it, and I can't use their stupid motherfucking troubleshooting app without an internet connection.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Why did they take eight pictures of one girl?

'cism
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Nah. It can continue for another 20 years like this.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

That's the thing, streamers and LPs DON'T fall under fair use, at all. That a solution in between do nothing and take everything down is even being employed is a huge step in the right direction for IP issues.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Well, that's part of it. The law isn't caught up with the technology. A measure of "enforcement" doesn't matter here. The situation is grey enough to where it's already having an effect as outlined in the TotalBiscuit video a couple pages back. Reviewers and LPers are already experiencing the negative outcomes of this.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    NVErJ75.jpg

wat

I'm sure it's ironic

I regrettably used a random, unattributed Hedberg line that looks just as stupid and weird out of context
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I would much rather have one job, where I'm salaried and overtime exempt, and I don't have to fill out a goddamn timecard

i'm salaried and overtime exempt AND i have to fill out a timecard
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I wish I wasn't so hard up for a boyfriend when I was younger. I would've stayed single a lot longer but if I hadn't done all of that then I probably wouldn't have met Sarksus, so hey!

Yeah, you're right. That is a pretty big regret. Guys, pack it in, we can't compete with meeting Sarksus.

I expect blood to come out of my eyes when I meet him or I want my money back.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Also, we met/got pictures taken with Mr. Boreanaz. He was half an hour late to the event, but was really nice and actually made time for everyone. Hope his commencement speech is good!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

I suspect he makes six figures, and he's hourly because of how his job is classified or something

That's because you have integrity, and a compassionate boss. It's kinda like attorneys that do hourlies instead of fee for service. If you're happy with your job, it doesn't matter; if you're unhappy, billing hourly really helps with incentive/perspective.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

I expect blood to come out of my eyes when I meet him or I want my money back.

why would blood come out of your eyes

That's because you have integrity, and a compassionate boss. It's kinda like attorneys that do hourlies instead of fee for service. If you're happy with your job, it doesn't matter; if you're unhappy, billing hourly really helps with incentive/perspective.

Yeah that's not why attorneys bill by the hour, its so that you aren't the most obviously expendable associate when the managing partner has to decide who will be fired to make way for a new first year.
    edited May 2013

Well, that's part of it. The law isn't caught up with the technology. A measure of "enforcement" doesn't matter here. The situation is grey enough to where it's already having an effect as outlined in the TotalBiscuit video a couple pages back. Reviewers and LPers are already experiencing the negative outcomes of this.

I also direct you guys to this thread in G&T where this topic is being discussed, if your so inclined to learn more and put in your two cents.
    Corehealer on
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Also, we met/got pictures taken with Mr. Boreanaz. He was half an hour late to the event, but was really nice and actually made time for everyone. Hope his commencement speech is good!

My wife had a good commencement speaker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLem1Zijmo

I didn't have a graduation ceremony, but I'm pretty OK with that.
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+

That's the thing, streamers and LPs DON'T fall under fair use, at all. That a solution in between do nothing and take everything down is even being employed is a huge step in the right direction for IP issues.

The legality is completely unknown, not one person on earth can say definitively until it either ends up before the supreme court or a new law is written
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    So hey can someone do me a real quick solid? I need a comprehensive list of all Comcast compatible modems, and I can't find one googling on my phone. They're telling me that the modem I purchased six months ago isn't compatible even though it totally was when I bought it, and I can't use their stupid motherfucking troubleshooting app without an internet connection.
    Vendor ▲ Model Product Name D3 IPv6 Pic. Cert.
    1 Arris CM550A Touchstone Cable Modem CM550A
    2 Arris CM820A Touchstone Cable Modem CM820A ✔ ✔
    3 Arris ! TG852G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem TG852G (IM... ✔
    4 Arris ! TG852G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem TG852G (NC... ✔
    5 Arris ! TG862G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem TG862G (IM... ✔
    6 Arris ! TG862G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem TG862G (NC... ✔
    7 Arris TM402G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402G (IMS)
    8 Arris TM402G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402G
    9 Arris TM402P (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402P (IMS)
    10 Arris TM402P (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402P
    11 Arris TM502G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM502G (IMS)
    12 Arris TM502G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM502G
    13 Arris TM504G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM504G
    14 Arris TM504G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM504G
    15 Arris TM504G (SIP) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM504G
    16 Arris TM508A (NCS) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM508A
    17 Arris TM508A (SIP) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM508A
    18 Arris TM602G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM602G (IMS)
    19 Arris TM602G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM602G
    20 Arris TM602G (SIP) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM602G SIP
    21 Arris TM604G (IMS) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM604G (IMS)
    22 Arris TM604G (NCS) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM604G (NCS)
    23 Arris TM604G (SIP) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM604G-SIP
    24 Arris TM608G (NCS) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM608G
    25 Arris TM608G (SIP) Touchstone Multi-Line Telephony Modem TM608G
    26 Arris TM702G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM702G (IMS) ✔ ✔
    27 Arris TM702G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM702G ✔ ✔
    28 Arris TM722G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM722G (IMS) ✔ ✔
    29 Arris TM722G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM722G ✔ ✔
    30 Arris TM822G (IMS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM822G (IMS) ✔ ✔
    31 Arris TM822G (NCS) Touchstone Telephony Modem TM822G (NCS) ✔ ✔
    32 Arris WBM760A Touchstone Cable Modem WBM760A ✔ ✔
    33 Cisco DPC3000 Cisco DOCSIS 3.00 Cable Modem DPC3000 ✔
    34 Cisco DPC3008 Cisco DPC3008 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    35 D-Link DCM-301 D-Link DCM-301 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    36 D-Link DCM202 D-Link Cable Modem DCM202
    37 Motorola SB5100 Motorola SURFboard SB5100 Cable Modem
    38 Motorola SB5101 Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem ✔
    39 Motorola SB5101U-Retail Motorola SURFboard Cable Modem SB5101U-Retail ✔
    40 Motorola SB5120 Motorola SURFboard SB5120 Cable Modem
    41 Motorola SB6120-Retail Motorola SURFboard SB6120 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    42 Motorola SB6121 Motorola SURFboard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    43 Motorola SB6141-Retail Motorola Surfboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    44 Motorola SBG6580-Retail SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway ✔
    45 Motorola SBG901-Retail Motorola SURFboard Wireless Gateway Modem SBG901 ✔
    46 Netgear CG3000DCR Netgear CG3000DCR DOCSIS 3.0 Commercial Cable Modem an... ✔
    47 Netgear CG814CCR-V2 Netgear Commercial Cable Modem Gateway CG814CCR-V2
    48 Netgear CMD31T Netgear DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem CMD31T ✔ ✔
    49 Scientific-Atlanta DPC2100R2 Model DPC2100 Cable Modem ✔
    50 Scientific-Atlanta DPC2203/DPC2203C/DPC... Model DPC2203 Cable Modem with Embedded MTA
    51 Scientific-Atlanta DPC2203/DPC2203C/DPC... Model DPC2203 Cable Modem with Embedded MTA
    52 SMCNetworks SMC8014WG-CCR SMC EZ Connect Cable Modem Gateway
    53 SMCNetworks SMCD3G-CCR SMC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Router SMCD3G-CCR ✔
    54 SMCNetworks SMCD3GNV (IMS) SMC DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Gateway Cable Modem and Router... ✔
    55 SMCNetworks SMCD3GNV (NCS) SMC DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Gateway Cable Modem and Router... ✔
    56 Technicolor TC8305C (IMS) Technicolor Wireless Cable Gateway TC8305C ✔
    57 Thomson DHG535 (IMS) DHG535 VoIP Cable Modem
    58 Thomson DCM425 DCM425 Digital Cable Modem ✔
    59 Thomson DHG535 (NCS) DHG535 VoIP Cable Modem
    60 Thomson DHG536 (IMS) DHG536 VoIP Cable Modem with Battery Backup
    61 Thomson DHG536 (NCS) DHG536 VoIP Cable Modem with Battery Backup
    62 Ubee DDM3503 Ubee (formerly Ambit) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔
    63 Ubee DDM3513 Ubee (formerly Ambit) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    64 Ubee DVM3203B (IMS) Ubee(formerly Ambit) DOCSIS 3.0 Telephony Modem ✔ ✔
    65 Ubee DVM3203B (NCS) Ubee (formerly Ambit) DOCSIS 3.0 Telephony Modem ✔ ✔
    66 Ubee U10C018 Ubee (formerly Ambit) DOCSIS 2.0 Cable Modem and Route... ✔
    67 Ubee U10C035 Ubee (formerly Ambit) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ✔ ✔
    68 ZoomTelephonics 5241 Model 5241 DOCSIS 2.0/1.1/1.0 Cable Modem with USB and...
    69 ZoomTelephonics 5341 Retail DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem 5341 ✔
    70 ZoomTelephonics 5341J Retail DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem 5341J ✔ ✔
    71 ZoomTelephonics 5350 Model 5350 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless-N Cable Modem Router ✔
    72 ZoomTelephonics 5352 Model 5352 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless-N Cable Modem Router ✔ ✔
    73 ZyXEL BRG-35503 ZyXEL (powered by Hitron) BRG-35503 Cable Modem
    eokNV.jpg