Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• P10P10 Registered User regular
    i need a Netflix movie recommendation

action or thriller

i'm making some crazy infusion and i needs mah stories to accompany my work
    The Chaser. Warning
    Prepare to sad
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

action or thriller

The Chaser. Warning
    Prepare to sad

no i don't want this

i don't want sad

i want not that
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

action or thriller

Sherlock
    tea-1.jpg
    Ip Man 1/2 then. Warning
    Kung fu.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

That's pretty impressive!
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

action or thriller

The Chaser. Warning
    Prepare to sad

no i don't want this

i don't want sad

i want not that

dear zachary
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Ip Man 1/2 then. Warning
    Kung fu.

Ain't shit in the cage.

You hear me Bruce Lee? You'd still be alive if you gave a fuck about your ground game.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Alright guys

I am off to go eat a nine tier hamburger

0LcwJLv.jpg

pray for me

weep for my sacrifice
    turtlesig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

So far there is no Skill System in Star Citizen at all that I'm aware of

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do

God I hate the skill system in EVE.

if we can give good ships to cute newbees that will be the best.

You can do that in EvE.

It's just that most newbies don't realise how good they are.

Fuck frigates. I want to fly in a battleship damnit.

See, no idea what they're talking about.

Can I make 300 million dollars a month in a frigate.

No, you can do it fucking easily in a tech 1 gunned battlecruiser at the moment though.

Like a low skilled talos or naga ratting guristas at the moment will get about 50ish an hour. My gunnery supports are maxed at the moment but I'm still using tech1 blasters, getting just shy of 100mil an hour.

The only battleship that's actually worth ratting in at the moment is the Vindicator and only then if it's near max skilled (2 racial battleship skills to 5 fuck that lol) and fit to be 2-3 billion isk loot pinata.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Man, salvaging and mining suck ass. And it took me too long to get into a battlecruiser. And when I did I couldn't afford to lose it so I was afraid of undocking it. Battleships were the main ship of any op. I didn't want to have to be at the periphery if I didn't want to and I wanted something powerful. I also wanted to fly an interceptor and that would take a shitload of time to skill up to as well.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's like, on one hand, I should really quit this Scrabble game

On the other hand, I'm trying to prove a point

But, it really is a lost cause

On the other hand, I'm kinda intrigued to see how high Raven's score can go
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    So instead of writing on my thesis, working on a bunch of papers and studying for my exam, I've begun crafting four simultaneous novellas.

Fun times, but boy oh boy how the fuck did that happen.
    You guys want to remove guile from the game but guile is what the greatest stories of EVE Online run on. I don't take ganking or piracy personal. It just happens and it adds excitement and tension.

I don't want to remove it

On the other hand? I don't always want to be subjected to it either. Sometimes (ok fine most of the time) I'm looking to hop into a game to relax :P

Well there's always co-op for Squadron or a private server that's more peaceful. You can choose where to play on any given day according to your mood.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    OK enough pvp talk

Time for the Winnie the Pooh Shogunate to wipe the galaxy clean of duplicitous sentient plantlife
    sigtk.jpg
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Alright guys

0LcwJLv.jpg

pray for me

weep for my sacrifice

That's not a fork FYI.

That's what they use to open your throat and remove the obstructing gob of meat from your airway.
    I really want a cheese burger now. :p
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Alright guys

0LcwJLv.jpg

pray for me

weep for my sacrifice

That's not a fork FYI.

That's what they use to open your throat and remove the obstructing gob of meat from your airway.

I can only hope
    turtlesig.jpg
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do

You can do that in EvE.

No, you can do it fucking easily in a tech 1 gunned battlecruiser at the moment though.

Like a low skilled talos or naga ratting guristas at the moment will get about 50ish an hour. My gunnery supports are maxed at the moment but I'm still using tech1 blasters, getting just shy of 100mil an hour.

The only battleship that's actually worth ratting in at the moment is the Vindicator and only then if it's near max skilled (2 racial battleship skills to 5 fuck that lol) and fit to be 2-3 billion isk loot pinata.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Man, salvaging and mining suck ass. And it took me too long to get into a battlecruiser. And when I did I couldn't afford to lose it so I was afraid of undocking it. Battleships were the main ship of any op. I didn't want to have to be at the periphery if I didn't want to and I wanted something powerful. I also wanted to fly an interceptor and that would take a shitload of time to skill up to as well.

This is why it always sounded better to just be a fleshreaper pilot or whatever, swarming assholes with giant ships
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    You guys want to remove guile from the game but guile is what the greatest stories of EVE Online run on. I don't take ganking or piracy personal. It just happens and it adds excitement and tension.

I don't want to remove it

On the other hand? I don't always want to be subjected to it either. Sometimes (ok fine most of the time) I'm looking to hop into a game to relax :P

Well there's always co-op for Squadron or a private server that's more peaceful. You can choose where to play on any given day according to your mood.

Totally, which I'm a-ok with. Also why the complaining the Star Citizen thread grates on my nerves a bit.
    sigtk.jpg
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    It's like, on one hand, I should really quit this Scrabble game

On the other hand, I'm trying to prove a point

But, it really is a lost cause

On the other hand, I'm kinda intrigued to see how high Raven's score can go

Cool-Scrabble-tiles.jpg
    tea-1.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    So instead of writing on my thesis, working on a bunch of papers and studying for my exam, I've begun crafting four simultaneous novellas.

I was like this last summer.

Instead of writing my thesis I elected to eat a medium pizza and stay in bed all day watching Rescue Me.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

That's pretty impressive!

It's not what's inside that counts most after all.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    I have watched Ip Man and Sherlock

I'm watching Ronin again because I forgot a lot of it

@thomamelas
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay

Someone dress me for this party tomorrow
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

Instead of writing my thesis I elected to eat a medium pizza and stay in bed all day watching Rescue Me.

Well shit, I figure I'll just do all of it for good measure.

Uh, caffeine, ho?
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular

This is what I do every finals period

IMO it's worth it
    Okay

Wear a tuxedo.
    tea-1.jpg
    moniker wrote: »
    Okay

Wear a tuxedo.

Someone else dress me for this party tomorrow.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

You can do that in EvE.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Interceptor takes less than a month and you can already do everything you can in one in a tech 1 frig. Tech 1 gunned Maelstrom takes two weeks if you have the supports trained, month and a half maybe if you don't. All those "periphery" roles are actually vital to battleships not being fucking useless and honestly more fun.
    Zampanov wrote: »

You can do that in EvE.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

This is why it always sounded better to just be a fleshreaper pilot or whatever, swarming assholes with giant ships

The problem I had with smaller ships is that I would get picked off very fast if someone targeted me and the lag was terrible so I couldn't really respond to it.

"Like the sands through an hourglass, so go the Days of Our Lives."
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    @Gooey

We had a tornados watching today. I was like how can tornado come here and they were like where u from boy that you aint got ternadas.
    3FMmC.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

You can do that in EvE.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

The problem I had with smaller ships is that I would get picked off very fast if someone targeted me and the lag was terrible so I couldn't really respond to it.

Dude, transversal.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    Okay

Wear a tuxedo.

Wear two tuxedos.
    My dog threw up on the carpet. This is disgusting.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    I need to buy

Tequila (for the birthday girl)

A 24

Cologne
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

You can do that in EvE.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

I heard that the lag is a lot better these days
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited May 2013

You can do that in EvE.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Interceptor takes less than a month and you can already do everything you can in one in a tech 1 frig. Tech 1 gunned Maelstrom takes two weeks if you have the supports trained, month and a half maybe if you don't. All those "periphery" roles are actually vital to battleships not being fucking useless and honestly more fun.

I didn't find them fun enough to play only those roles. I wanted a choice and choices are severely restricted by the skill system. I was starting my character from scratch and a month or two before my character has sufficient choices is ridiculous.

I didn't feel like I was contributing much as a tackler. There were so many tacklers on the few ops I went on. At least with DPS I would be blowing stuff up.
    Sarksus on
    the problem with eve is that it costs cash money
    Okay

Wear a tuxedo.

Wear a suit.

OR.

Wear a pair of chinos with a dress shirt, sleeves rolled up, top three buttons undone.

OR

wear a suit.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I think it's time to retire my avatar

what to do what to do

i can't go back to the baby, can i
    G2Dcf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.