Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I also wanted an interceptor just so I could go super duper fast.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

So far there is no Skill System in Star Citizen at all that I'm aware of

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do

God I hate the skill system in EVE.

if we can give good ships to cute newbees that will be the best.

You can do that in EvE.

It's just that most newbies don't realise how good they are.

Fuck frigates. I want to fly in a battleship damnit.

See, no idea what they're talking about.

Can I make 300 million dollars a month in a frigate.

No, you can do it fucking easily in a tech 1 gunned battlecruiser at the moment though.

Like a low skilled talos or naga ratting guristas at the moment will get about 50ish an hour. My gunnery supports are maxed at the moment but I'm still using tech1 blasters, getting just shy of 100mil an hour.

The only battleship that's actually worth ratting in at the moment is the Vindicator and only then if it's near max skilled (2 racial battleship skills to 5 fuck that lol) and fit to be 2-3 billion isk loot pinata.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Man, salvaging and mining suck ass. And it took me too long to get into a battlecruiser. And when I did I couldn't afford to lose it so I was afraid of undocking it. Battleships were the main ship of any op. I didn't want to have to be at the periphery if I didn't want to and I wanted something powerful. I also wanted to fly an interceptor and that would take a shitload of time to skill up to as well.

This is why it always sounded better to just be a fleshreaper pilot or whatever, swarming assholes with giant ships

The problem I had with smaller ships is that I would get picked off very fast if someone targeted me and the lag was terrible so I couldn't really respond to it.

I heard that the lag is a lot better these days

It is, the servers have been upgraded and if the server starts struggling they slow things down to the point where it can keep up. This stops your commands getting lost in a queue somewhere and you getting murdered while loading grid.
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Felt like shit today because I drank too much. GG me.

Then I saw this video and it made my mood all good again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcaRKNcxyRk
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I feel I should mention this

This party is in someone's backyard

EM is probably closest

Now, under the dress shirt: Undershirt, or let the fur fly? :o

I can't decide whether or not to take this matchmaking thing seriously, as you can probably tell
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    Hmm, what should I put as my neverwinter public display name? I've almost always used [firstnamelastname] but I feel like I should move away from that
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »
    So instead of writing on my thesis, working on a bunch of papers and studying for my exam, I've begun crafting four simultaneous novellas.

Fun times, but boy oh boy how the fuck did that happen.

This is what I do every finals period

IMO it's worth it

I'll just put that shit into my portfolio...
    emnmnme wrote: »
    My dog threw up on the carpet. This is disgusting.

Friend of mine had a cat that would come in during the winter so it could shit in a corner of the house somewhere.

Then it'd go back out again.

Like he knew what he'd done.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Hmm, what should I put as my neverwinter public display name? I've almost always used [firstnamelastname] but I feel like I should move away from that

Handsome B. Wonderful
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular

Use MY firstname lastname
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    So instead of writing on my thesis, working on a bunch of papers and studying for my exam, I've begun crafting four simultaneous novellas.

Fun times, but boy oh boy how the fuck did that happen.

This is what I do every finals period

IMO it's worth it

I'll just put that shit into my portfolio...
    emnmnme wrote: »
    My dog threw up on the carpet. This is disgusting.

Friend of mine had a cat that would come in during the winter so it could shit in a corner of the house somewhere.

Then it'd go back out again.

Like he knew what he'd done.

Is cat.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Also most of my stuff if back home.

It's nice to be back sort of.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I feel I should mention this

This party is in someone's backyard

EM is probably closest

Now, under the dress shirt: Undershirt, or let the fur fly? :o

I can't decide whether or not to take this matchmaking thing seriously, as you can probably tell

Let the fur fly

Give them a preview

It's only honest
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Okay

Someone dress me for this party tomorrow

Wear a tuxedo.

Someone else dress me for this party tomorrow.

Janelle Monae is not amused.

janelle-monae-singelsclubslide1.jpg
    tea-1.jpg

34 days go super fast (95% of max speed), 54d for max speed.

I'm just chucking skills on a brand new character in evemon with default attributes.
    Hmm actually I am gonna go with gengarlover69
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do

You can do that in EvE.

No, you can do it fucking easily in a tech 1 gunned battlecruiser at the moment though.

Like a low skilled talos or naga ratting guristas at the moment will get about 50ish an hour. My gunnery supports are maxed at the moment but I'm still using tech1 blasters, getting just shy of 100mil an hour.

The only battleship that's actually worth ratting in at the moment is the Vindicator and only then if it's near max skilled (2 racial battleship skills to 5 fuck that lol) and fit to be 2-3 billion isk loot pinata.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Man, salvaging and mining suck ass. And it took me too long to get into a battlecruiser. And when I did I couldn't afford to lose it so I was afraid of undocking it. Battleships were the main ship of any op. I didn't want to have to be at the periphery if I didn't want to and I wanted something powerful. I also wanted to fly an interceptor and that would take a shitload of time to skill up to as well.

This is why it always sounded better to just be a fleshreaper pilot or whatever, swarming assholes with giant ships

The problem I had with smaller ships is that I would get picked off very fast if someone targeted me and the lag was terrible so I couldn't really respond to it.

It is, the servers have been upgraded and if the server starts struggling they slow things down to the point where it can keep up. This stops your commands getting lost in a queue somewhere and you getting murdered while loading grid.

Yeah I keep almost resubbing but then I remember I didn't really play much.

Although, I am trained up for covert ops and I heard probing is more like game and less like excel
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    whenyouwishuponagengar
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Sometimes my phone vibrates and I get excited

And it's just my phone telling me it's charged
    Sometimes my phone vibrates and I get excited

And it's just my phone telling me it's charged

I explicitly turn off all vibrations except text messages, I can't stand that disappointment
  • GoslingGosling Team Monica Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    So.... woo, my trip to LA is on Wednesday!
    I'm trying, through my blog, to break into the journalism industry. Any eyes and ears that pick up on any leads towards that end are greatly appreciated. PM me if you happen to hear anything.

You can do that in EvE.

Or there's salvaging.

Or mining.

Yeah I keep almost resubbing but then I remember I didn't really play much.

Although, I am trained up for covert ops and I heard probing is more like game and less like excel

If that's what you wanna do, I'd hold off until the next expansion (like a month away). They're working on probing and exploration sites and what I've seen looks really good but I won't really know until it's in game. At the very least you can just click a button to put your probes in formation instead of dragging them around individually which will be nice.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i'm not saying that tumbles' gum situation is fragile, but

she just gave me a kiss and now i look like patrick bateman in that scene
    edited May 2013

I'm just chucking skills on a brand new character in evemon with default attributes.

They didn't for me. It was fucking boring. I didn't want to fly a frigate all the time. I didn't want to salvage or mine. I am going to enjoy Star Citizen where if I can afford something I can just fly it and play how I want.
    Sarksus on
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I think it's time to retire my avatar

what to do what to do

i can't go back to the baby, can i

You have to let new avatars come to you
    I only ever have my phone vibrate because having it make noise for anything other than an alarm is annoying. I honestly don't know what my ringtone even is.
    tea-1.jpg

what to do what to do

Do what now?
    tea-1.jpg

They didn't for me. It was fucking boring. I didn't want to fly a frigate all the time. I didn't want to salvage or mine. I am going to enjoy Star Citizen where if I can afford something I can just fly it and play how I want.

Cruisers take like 3 days. You can do pretty much anything in a cruiser (dps outside of sniper fleets, ewar, reps). You didn't have to stay in a frigate.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

You'd dance too if you didn't have to go back to playing cracked out strippers (her Marc Maron talk was pretty cool)
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Almost an hour later, still have not found the right song. Perchance I must wait for it to find me.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

what to do what to do

Never change.
    Leave the dance with the av that brought ya
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

Cruisers take like 3 days. You can do pretty much anything in a cruiser (dps outside of sniper fleets, ewar, reps). You didn't have to stay in a frigate.

Cruisers couldn't rat in our home systems when I played.
    Almost an hour later, still have not found the right song. Perchance I must wait for it to find me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA ?
    I post that song far too often.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just thought of my potatoes as Evangelions.

Creaky I am
    Drunks
    steam_sig.png
    I ratted in 0.0 space with an Enyo :o

#CanNeverPlayEVEAgain

#Seriously,IfIEverMentionI'mPlayingIt,ComeToWhereIAmAndPhysicallyStopMe
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Explicit and real, NSFWing for the man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Cruisers couldn't rat in our home systems when I played.

Where were Merchi living then? At the moment I'd say Drake battlecruiser. Rough estimate 30ish days til you can rat without warping off.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    So.... woo, my trip to LA is on Wednesday!

4 days till I spend a month and a half on the best coast, at least, and never again live in Florida.

My life fits in two suite cases and like 3 boxes.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
This discussion has been closed.