Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The pork is rancid

And it's a good 4 days before the date shown

I'm bagging up what I cut up, the whole other loin, and I just washed the bag it came in and bagged it up too just so they can see the date

Taking this back, holy hell it smelled awful
    Rear Admiral Choco on
    CDIOl.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I am decently certain that I have in the neighbourhood of 600 tabs open across three Firefox profiles running concurrently.

I actually use perhaps a hundred of them. The rest are just... debris.

I have one tab open. Because I am sane.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm recalling now that my mother called me a childhood nickname in front of my cooks / servers at work tonight.

Gonna enjoy dealing with that in the morning. :P

Randomly fire one of the lower men.

Immediately and ruthlessly.

Secretly I can't because I have exactly enough bodies to cover shifts. >_>

Well, not right now, but come summer we are gonna be stretched unless I can find a solid part-timer or two.

... But yes, first one who says it is out the door. :D

Sponsor my visa, I'll bus tables with the best of them.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So excited about party / blind-party-date tomorrow evening. :D
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    People who don't like PvP in player driven space games are weird!

I'm not really a fan of forced PVP period. Primarily because people are fucking assholes.

That said I think some people are overreacting to Star Citizens PVP

especially since Star Citizens PVP is not a thing that actually exists yet

But I like it when people are assholes. It creates conflicts that must be overcome.

I seem to recall them mentioning something about a bounty system in passing and I'm kind of hoping it allows me to exclusively collect on bounties placed on the heads of griefers/gankers.

The idea of running down and obliterating a small group of assholes with an unfairly large group of people who don't like assholes is appealing.

I hope that rumor isn't true because, if it was, it would show a shocking naiveté and poor judgment on the part of the game designer. Griefers are not motivated by in-game rewards nor are they deterred by in game penalties.

Having a bounty placed on them would be a bonus validating whatever shitty behavior caused someone to place the bounty.

Their currency is causing unhappiness in other players by any means the game mechanics can be exploited to allow. Coming after their in-game assets not only does not impact their payoff (people are still made miserable by their bullshit) but in fact enhances it since they have confirmation their asshatery is working.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Also pay my relo costs
    Lh96QHG.png
    "It's not the right thing to do, but it's the economic thing to do."

Gotta love my local school board.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    The best thing to do in EvE is bombing. It's almost entirely prep work so you can just chill out cloaked chatting on comms most of the time. Then you either get to laugh as you watch main fleet get slaughtered, or swoop in and get 30 odd kills in an instant then fly off into the sunset smug as fuck.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    I don't know the details of the case, really
    NO.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    hey choco I added you and cass on FB

in case you are creeped out by the crazed stranger from london
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    doggs have y'all been hearing about this lady who allegedly murdered her boyfriend, shot him in the head and stabbed him a bunch of times or whatever

i hadn't heard about it all then like 3 local friends mentioned it

does anyone know what i'm talking about

maybe it's a local case and that's why errone's talkin

No, it's a big deal on par with Casey Anthony. Anyone who watches cable news or reads tabloids would know about it.

Jodi Arias

So case that gained ridiculous amounts of national coverage because hey we've got 24 hours to fill and Nancy Grace needs something to be an idiot about so what the fuck why not?

(god I fucking hate the news channels and especially Nancy Grace)
    sigtk.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

Shareholder Value!

...but we don't have any shareholders?

SHAREHOLDER VALUE!
    tea-1.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

So far there is no Skill System in Star Citizen at all that I'm aware of

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do

God I hate the skill system in EVE.

if we can give good ships to cute newbees that will be the best.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Alexander was stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times, shot in the forehead and had slit his throat from ear to ear, leaving the motivational speaker and businessman nearly decapitated. His decomposing body was found in his shower about five days later by friends.

o lawd
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    #firstworldproblems: if I got a third monitor, I would have no space on my table for it.

paraflex_m.jpg

It might look rather odd with differently-sized monitors...
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    doggs have y'all been hearing about this lady who allegedly murdered her boyfriend, shot him in the head and stabbed him a bunch of times or whatever

i hadn't heard about it all then like 3 local friends mentioned it

does anyone know what i'm talking about

maybe it's a local case and that's why errone's talkin

No, it's a big deal on par with Casey Anthony. Anyone who watches cable news or reads tabloids would know about it.

Jodi Arias

So case that gained ridiculous amounts of national coverage because hey we've got 24 hours to fill and Nancy Grace needs something to be an idiot about so what the fuck why not?

(god I fucking hate the news channels and especially Nancy Grace)

Yeah, right now it's vying for time against the Cleveland thing while real news goes unreported.

Shareholder Value!

...but we don't have any shareholders?

SHAREHOLDER VALUE!

Florida has a class size amendment. My school board has a multi dozen million dollar hole in its budget. In addition to firing a bunch of people who are basically integral to the success of students in the 21st century they're going to just ignore the class size amendment and pay a fine.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I find it weird that the show is so readily renewed now that Dan Harmon is not there. When he was there, it was always a nail biting event!

Now that Community's humor feels kind of forced, NBC is all "YEAH, RENEW!" What the FUCK, NBC?!

I'm pretty sure it's mostly getting renewed because they have nothing else in the pipe to take it's place. I think the only somewhat new scripted show they have doing ok is revolution, which seems weird because I don't know anyone who watches or cares about it.
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

So far there is no Skill System in Star Citizen at all that I'm aware of

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do

God I hate the skill system in EVE.

if we can give good ships to cute newbees that will be the best.

You can do that in EvE.

It's just that most newbies don't realise how good they are.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm recalling now that my mother called me a childhood nickname in front of my cooks / servers at work tonight.

Well, not right now, but come summer we are gonna be stretched unless I can find a solid part-timer or two.

Pfft, bus tables?

I don't concern myself with front of house stuff :P

How do you feel about standing in front of a grill + deep fryer while I yell things at you to put on them / in them as appropriate?

Also, peeling 40lbs of potatoes: Best day of your life, or inspires homicidal thoughts?

Saving these questions for future interviews.
    I swear to god, moving to Florida has all but killed my interest in politics and government.

Burn it all, I'll be king of the ashes.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Working with two monitors is civilization
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    I need a bigger monitor.

(says someone already with a dual monitor setup)
    The Onion wrote:
    FORT WORTH, TX—Credible sources within your office reported Monday that the guy on the third floor with two computer screens on his desk is not fucking around. "Amazing—he comes in here, sits down next to me and my one sorry-ass screen, turns on his two screens, and starts tearing it up," marketing assistant Todd Piotrowski said as the guy dragged a window from one screen to the other, which sources confirmed was like watching fucking Minority Report or something. "He's got three, maybe four programs open on each screen, plus some sort of group video chat running nonstop—he's going balls to the wall over there. How is he doing all this with only one keyboard?" Piotrowski also speculated that if there’s a limit to how many tabs you can have open in your web browser at once, this guy's gonna hit it.

my friend had this in his cube before he left the company

facilities told him to take it down cuz it had the F WORD! but he ignored them and now we keep it in my buddy's cube for remembering.
    sig.gif
    #firstworldproblems: if I got a third monitor, I would have no space on my table for it.

paraflex_m.jpg

Bitch, please. Welcome to the future, and your hendeca monitor setup.
    tea-1.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Trying to find the right music for my Korra trailer.

CAN'T FIND THE RIGHT SOUND.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Pfft, bus tables?

I don't concern myself with front of house stuff :P

How do you feel about standing in front of a grill + deep fryer while I yell things at you to put on them / in them as appropriate?

Also, peeling 40lbs of potatoes: Best day of your life, or inspires homicidal thoughts?

Saving these questions for future interviews.

The classic irishman's dilemma.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular

What about a geodesic dome of monitors surrounding you
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

paraflex_m.jpg

yeah, I just use wall mounts, way cheaper than rigs like that and they look okay with mismatched monitors. Sadly I haven't re-set them up since moving so I'm just using two monitors at the moment.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Currrrrrrrry
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Can I just say that I am incensed that Go On didn't get renewed?

Because that is a goddamn travesty.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

What about a geodesic dome of monitors surrounding you

Only if i can control them solely with hand gestures and voice commands
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    oh, right, Steph Curry can pull-up 3 in transition and everyone gets excited

instead of the JR Smith pull-up 3 in transition and everyone just looks horrified, some weeping openly
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    And wow bogut looks like he lost 100 pounds
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    People who don't like PvP in player driven space games are weird!

I'm not really a fan of forced PVP period. Primarily because people are fucking assholes.

That said I think some people are overreacting to Star Citizens PVP

especially since Star Citizens PVP is not a thing that actually exists yet

But I like it when people are assholes. It creates conflicts that must be overcome.

I seem to recall them mentioning something about a bounty system in passing and I'm kind of hoping it allows me to exclusively collect on bounties placed on the heads of griefers/gankers.

The idea of running down and obliterating a small group of assholes with an unfairly large group of people who don't like assholes is appealing.

I hope that rumor isn't true because, if it was, it would show a shocking naiveté and poor judgment on the part of the game designer. Griefers are not motivated by in-game rewards nor are they deterred by in game penalties.

Having a bounty placed on them would be a bonus validating whatever shitty behavior caused someone to place the bounty.

Their currency is causing unhappiness in other players by any means the game mechanics can be exploited to allow. Coming after their in-game assets not only does not impact their payoff (people are still made miserable by their bullshit) but in fact enhances it since they have confirmation their asshatery is working.

It's not supposed to deter them entirely. It's just incorporating that behavior into the actual systems of the game and then letting players respond to it.
    At the moment about the only thing you can't do effectively within the trial period is dps in fleets because they usually require more range than can get that quickly.
    I swear to god, moving to Florida has all but killed my interest in politics and government.

Burn it all, I'll be king of the ashes.

How can you set fire to swamp? Well, I guess, Ohio did manage to set a river on fire...
    tea-1.jpg
    Actually, if I could find someone who could literally only do those things: Place stuff in a deep fryer, on a grill, or peel a potato

My life would be a lot easier

Except he / she would probably be in the way a lot.

Because everyone who isn't me is in the way a lot.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    i watched the 1974 version of great gatsby because fuck the system
    turns out a movie adaption of the great gatsby is a dumb idea and i'm sure this new one is just as dumb
    I was watching Bogut come down after he rubbed his balls all over Timmy's back

he knew what he was doing
    Trying to find the right music for my Korra trailer.

CAN'T FIND THE RIGHT SOUND.

Might I suggest:

(Not even gonna link it this time :o )
This discussion has been closed.