Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I mean I am trying to understand, it's just really different from what I'm used to thinking. Do these folks really just want to mine uninterrupted? That seems so boring!

As far as being destroyed, that kind of sucks, but I have learned to unattach myself from my character, where as long as the encounter from an outside perspective is cool and would be a good story to tell I don't mind dying and having to get a new ship.
    the problem with high vs low ganking is the lowbie literally cannot win
    NO.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    GUYS COMMUNITY GOT RENEWED.

tumblr_ml5rxv4rV61qhaazgo2_500.jpg

It's disappointing that what I thought was TVs best show 2 years ago's renewal I now meet with a resounding meh

I consider every graceless renewal an opportunity for getting the magic back.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    This is why I was glad ray Allen left. He was cooked the last two playoffs

2010-11 season (BOS) 3P%: .444
    2011-12 season (BOS) 3P%: .453
    2012-13 season (MIA) 3P%: .419

Career AVG 3P%: .401

Last years playoffs- .304 on threes, .395 total. Not to mention his horrific defense he has now. Good riddance
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I neglect to mention his .571 2011 and ~.410 this season

Cuz just like me playing pickup, I cherry pick
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I'm glad Community got renewed. Cause last night's episode would have been an utterly shit series finale.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I mean I am trying to understand, it's just really different from what I'm used to thinking. Do these folks really just want to mine uninterrupted? That seems so boring!

As far as being destroyed, that kind of sucks, but I have learned to unattach myself from my character, where as long as the encounter from an outside perspective is cool and would be a good story to tell I don't mind dying and having to get a new ship.

Depends on the game.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    People who don't like PvP in player driven space games are weird!

I'm not really a fan of forced PVP period. Primarily because people are fucking assholes.

That said I think some people are overreacting to Star Citizens PVP

especially since Star Citizens PVP is not a thing that actually exists yet

But I like it when people are assholes. It creates conflicts that must be overcome.

I seem to recall them mentioning something about a bounty system in passing and I'm kind of hoping it allows me to exclusively collect on bounties placed on the heads of griefers/gankers.

The idea of running down and obliterating a small group of assholes with an unfairly large group of people who don't like assholes is appealing.
    sigtk.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I need a bigger monitor.

(says someone already with a dual monitor setup)
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

I guess I have been spoiled by being in a good corporation where it was more even. I don't know what happens in high security space in EVE for example but people thrive there. PvP is still possible but it comes at a cost to the aggressor. If there wasn't any cost I think the "carebears" in high security space wouldn't be able to exist, when they clearly did while I played.
    God I hate when the heat flop. Why do you need to
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Bulllllshit
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

I'm not really a fan of forced PVP period. Primarily because people are fucking assholes.

But I like it when people are assholes. It creates conflicts that must be overcome.

I seem to recall them mentioning something about a bounty system in passing and I'm kind of hoping it allows me to exclusively collect on bounties placed on the heads of griefers/gankers.

The idea of running down and obliterating a small group of assholes with an unfairly large group of people who don't like assholes is appealing.

Yeah! I like that kind of response to issues like that.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Depends on the game.

You can fly assault ships fairly early in Eve.

And you can destroy a surprising number of things in them. :twisted:
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I find it weird that the show is so readily renewed now that Dan Harmon is not there. When he was there, it was always a nail biting event!

Now that Community's humor feels kind of forced, NBC is all "YEAH, RENEW!" What the FUCK, NBC?!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I find it weird that the show is so readily renewed now that Dan Harmon is not there. When he was there, it was always a nail biting event!

Now that Community's humor feels kind of forced, NBC is all "YEAH, RENEW!" What the FUCK, NBC?!

It was pretty down to the wire though.

I'm honestly very surprised.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    This game's slipping away for the Bulls

I think that's game right there
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    i'm off to bed.

tomorrow, i will build at least 3 more decks for my game, buy my mom a gift for mother's day and see a movie, either Gatsby or Do You Even Lift, with my dad. Then, i'll start testing my game during the evening.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm recalling now that my mother called me a childhood nickname in front of my cooks / servers at work tonight.

Gonna enjoy dealing with that in the morning. :P
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    GUYS COMMUNITY GOT RENEWED.

tumblr_ml5rxv4rV61qhaazgo2_500.jpg

It's disappointing that what I thought was TVs best show 2 years ago's renewal I now meet with a resounding meh

I consider every graceless renewal an opportunity for getting the magic back.

Most TV show ideas have a shelf life of around ~5 seasons. Community is going to hit 5 seasons with this. It isn't really surprising that it has become a bit more meh, since they're at the point where, well, this shit is hard. So while it'd be great to see the magic come back, they'll probably just continue to be pretty good TV. Hardly a fate worse than death, but still. Honestly, it's why I wish we had more mini-series with drop dead certain end dates so writers could, you know, make a story that ends. Then go make another great story. Which also ends.
    tea-1.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

Depends on the game.

You can fly assault ships fairly early in Eve.

And you can destroy a surprising number of things in them. :twisted:

You can fly t1 frigs and cruisers even earlier and they're actually decent now.
    Aaaagh Lebron being Lebron then Norris cole being someone much better than Norris Cole. Can't believe these games are even close with no Deng. Now to settle in and watch curry wet 14 threes
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    doggs have y'all been hearing about this lady who allegedly murdered her boyfriend, shot him in the head and stabbed him a bunch of times or whatever

i hadn't heard about it all then like 3 local friends mentioned it

does anyone know what i'm talking about

maybe it's a local case and that's why errone's talkin

Do Space Police ask to see your Space Papers before they let you pvp?

Right now the plan is for a danger level rating system which I think could work out just fine.

On the other hand I'd be ok with people who attempt to gank in low danger rating areas being beaten to death with their computer

I bet you would love EVE Online

*snicker*

No no no

But there are definitely things I'd love to do to a certain portion of the EVE population
    sigtk.jpg
    ronya wrote: »
    I need a bigger monitor.

(says someone already with a dual monitor setup)
    The Onion wrote:
    FORT WORTH, TX—Credible sources within your office reported Monday that the guy on the third floor with two computer screens on his desk is not fucking around. "Amazing—he comes in here, sits down next to me and my one sorry-ass screen, turns on his two screens, and starts tearing it up," marketing assistant Todd Piotrowski said as the guy dragged a window from one screen to the other, which sources confirmed was like watching fucking Minority Report or something. "He's got three, maybe four programs open on each screen, plus some sort of group video chat running nonstop—he's going balls to the wall over there. How is he doing all this with only one keyboard?" Piotrowski also speculated that if there’s a limit to how many tabs you can have open in your web browser at once, this guy's gonna hit it.
    tea-1.jpg
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.
    I'm recalling now that my mother called me a childhood nickname in front of my cooks / servers at work tonight.

Randomly fire one of the lower men.

Immediately and ruthlessly.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Organichu wrote: »
    doggs have y'all been hearing about this lady who allegedly murdered her boyfriend, shot him in the head and stabbed him a bunch of times or whatever

Hadn't heard about it til like 2 days ago, but I've heard about it a ton since
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular

she just got found guilty despite her self defense claim right?
    NO.
    #firstworldproblems: if I got a third monitor, I would have no space on my table for it.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

No, it's a big deal on par with Casey Anthony. Anyone who watches cable news or reads tabloids would know about it.

Jodi Arias
    Robos A Go Go on
    Eddy wrote: »
    This game's slipping away for the Bulls

I think that's game right there

I'd say that Miami can go to hell, except that it's already in Miami so that'd improve their predicament.
    tea-1.jpg
    Jimmy butler has played every second of this series AND defended Lebron the whole time. How the hell
    G2Dcf.jpg
    I am decently certain that I have in the neighbourhood of 600 tabs open across three Firefox profiles running concurrently.

I actually use perhaps a hundred of them. The rest are just... debris.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    #firstworldproblems: if I got a third monitor, I would have no space on my table for it.

Remember, ronya. The enemy's gate

is down

Randomly fire one of the lower men.

Immediately and ruthlessly.

Secretly I can't because I have exactly enough bodies to cover shifts. >_>

Well, not right now, but come summer we are gonna be stretched unless I can find a solid part-timer or two.

... But yes, first one who says it is out the door. :D

she just got found guilty despite her self defense claim right?

i dunno i don't think i saw the outcome, just heard about the case

what i heard is that her story changed a whole bunch- went from apparently she witnessed masked dudes kill him to self-defense and one other, i think

but apparently the crimescene suggests something more involved? like he was already dead from shootiung in the head and she stabbed him a whole bunch or maybe the other way around, he was all stabbed up and dead and she shot him in the head

i don't remember her name i will google le keywords
    aha, i guess it is p high profile, 'woman stabs and shoots boyfriend' says jodi arias
    I actually don't know if skills figure into Star Citizen. I haven't heard anything. If money is the only thing keeping someone from flying a well fitted ship then I am gonna be so happy. Good corporations in EVE were basically able to supply ships to its members at little to no cost. But not everyone could fly them because of skills. In Star Citizen maybe this will help to even things up.

So far there is no Skill System in Star Citizen at all that I'm aware of

I wanna say I remember Chris Roberts saying that one of the nice things about it was that there was going to be no Skill System and I want to say he specifically cited EVEs system as an example of what he does not want to do
    sigtk.jpg

paraflex_m.jpg
    tea-1.jpg
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Also I think a lot of weirdness in Chinese (in particular, the tonality) comes from the fact that their words pretty much max-out at two syllables (as far as I know).

Huge difference from Japanese that has bullshit like hajimemashite and itadakimasu.

I have a pet theory that the Axis forces in WWII were founded on a mutual complete disregard for an economy of syllables in their words.

omae wa mou shindeiru

Impressed a girl with that line once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSgpU70MZno

You look real buff, no wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLadZotBuE
This discussion has been closed.