Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    You know, the funny thing is that if I were to actually write that paper I could probably get it published.

In fact, it's almost a sure thing that it would get published somewhere (not a good journal, necessarily) if the methodology was tight enough.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Hrrrrrmmmmmmmmm do I cut up the tenderloin and marinate it for souvlaki tomorrow or do I put it off and play Bioshock

Life is full of difficult decisions
    CDIOl.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i have never had a problem saying goodbye to a lady when i don't feel like good things are gonna happen. i mean, after my first or second entangling with a lady. what's wrong, abd? has something happened of which i'm unaware? as things stand your behavior confuses me.

Well it's far beyond.my first or second or seventh entangling with the lady

oh no, i guess i wasn't clear. i meant after the first time or two i had a thing with a girl- so like, by my third hookup/relationship i recognized pretty early on with the next girl whether i didn't feel strongly about someone in the appropriate ways.

if it's been that many times that y'all have been together why is this still an ambiguous or confusing thing for you? what's the deal? give me details including birthdays and eye colors.

Brown eyes and born one year and a week and three days after me.

Also I knew pretty early on that I did not feel strongly about her in the appropriate ways.

so what's the deal here, are you just trying to be nice slash kind of a scaredy cat?

i don't wanna get all cliche (i got a rep to maintain as an irreverent trickster, after all) but that obviously won't work out great

To be all cynical and pessimistic about it, it is easier to keep doing it than not.

to be more positive, I was hoping that feelings would follow. It kinda came out of nowhere, after all.

feelings didn't follow on my end.

Take it from a dude who knows:

Don't stick with a thing just 'cause it's the easy thing to do.

telling her it's done will feel worse than killing a puppy

Yup

Yup it sure does!

But living a lie feels worse.

I guess. We'll see.
    xlh6c3.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    G'damn.

@Mim, you're not doing that well in Demon's Souls...

Basically, i'm too scared to go anywhere.

3-1 is a scary freaking level, all dark and filled with mindflayers.
    4-1 is way hard, filled with skeletons that are way too fast for me
    and don't get me started on 5-1... holy shit, 5-1 is even worse.

Demon's souls is a scary game. :(

Wait, what.

What am I doing in Demon's Souls?

Why am I in there?

You don't remember? i needed a name for a kickass sorceress and you volunteered...

so now you're my character.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Hrrrrrmmmmmmmmm do I cut up the tenderloin and marinate it for souvlaki tomorrow or do I put it off and play Bioshock

Life is full of difficult decisions

Always go food first
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    DWade flopping like a punk

God I hate him
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    in the case that no one is following I think I figured out who the neighborhood dog poisoner is.

Did you try to induce vomiting or would that have been a bad idea
    Yes and nothing came up so I was relieved but poison control had me do a mothball test to see if they were the bad kind(they were) and the vet was like'yeah, only 40-70% of the stomach contents come up so I still recommend that you go to a vet.' anyway Gus is fine and probably didn't eat one but I don't want my dog to die so yeah....

I'm telling you, just say the word...I even just finished drinking my curry slurry, so I can probably throw in a case of being exquisitely sick at her for free.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    that one piece song was cool and made me a little more interested in actually seeing or reading that thing.
    xlh6c3.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    NAAAAATE
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    haha did nate just block LeBron like a bitch
    NO.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Kryptonaaaaaate
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I wish I liked The Great Gatsby (novel) more. I feel like I'm missing out on part of the American experience!

I liked it because it got soap opera-y. After awhile I was like "Oh no this bitch didn't!"

I just wasn't invested in the characters. I know that Gatsby's tenacity and ambition are supposed to make him a quintessentially American character, but I felt no connection to him at all.

Seriously, it's not possible to make Gatsby into a movie. This makes the 5th attempt, all failures.

Directors been trying to do this since the silent movie days and they're all bad.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Why's everyone talking about the morality of rape jokes on Facebook and Twitter? I can't tell at a glance what sparked the discussion.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    You know, the funny thing is that if I were to actually write that paper I could probably get it published.

In fact, it's almost a sure thing that it would get published somewhere (not a good journal, necessarily) if the methodology was tight enough.

Especially if you tested forums other than PA as well.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    i have never had a problem saying goodbye to a lady when i don't feel like good things are gonna happen. i mean, after my first or second entangling with a lady. what's wrong, abd? has something happened of which i'm unaware? as things stand your behavior confuses me.

Well it's far beyond.my first or second or seventh entangling with the lady

oh no, i guess i wasn't clear. i meant after the first time or two i had a thing with a girl- so like, by my third hookup/relationship i recognized pretty early on with the next girl whether i didn't feel strongly about someone in the appropriate ways.

if it's been that many times that y'all have been together why is this still an ambiguous or confusing thing for you? what's the deal? give me details including birthdays and eye colors.

Brown eyes and born one year and a week and three days after me.

Also I knew pretty early on that I did not feel strongly about her in the appropriate ways.

so what's the deal here, are you just trying to be nice slash kind of a scaredy cat?

i don't wanna get all cliche (i got a rep to maintain as an irreverent trickster, after all) but that obviously won't work out great

To be all cynical and pessimistic about it, it is easier to keep doing it than not.

to be more positive, I was hoping that feelings would follow. It kinda came out of nowhere, after all.

feelings didn't follow on my end.

Take it from a dude who knows:

Don't stick with a thing just 'cause it's the easy thing to do.

telling her it's done will feel worse than killing a puppy

Yup

Yup it sure does!

But living a lie feels worse.

I guess. We'll see.

Gotta live life, definitely.

Either way, remember: Regret is for suckers!
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Why's everyone talking about the morality of rape jokes on Facebook and Twitter? I can't tell at a glance what sparked the discussion.

who what now
    NO.
    offensive fouls in the nba are pretty much 90% a joke
    NO.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    in the case that no one is following I think I figured out who the neighborhood dog poisoner is.

Did you try to induce vomiting or would that have been a bad idea
    Yes and nothing came up so I was relieved but poison control had me do a mothball test to see if they were the bad kind(they were) and the vet was like'yeah, only 40-70% of the stomach contents come up so I still recommend that you go to a vet.' anyway Gus is fine and probably didn't eat one but I don't want my dog to die so yeah....

Oh I didn't know that about the 40 percent. We've just induced vomiting in our dogs that ate a bunch of chocolate so not as readily toxic probably

And yeah I get that my bichon is my baby girl
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    G'damn.

Wait, what.

Why am I in there?

You don't remember? i needed a name for a kickass sorceress and you volunteered...

Oh yeah! Shit. Don't get me killed!
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Times I've watched and listened to Darius Rucker's "Wagon Wheel" in the past week: 113

Times it hasn't been da bes: 0.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

who what now

Patton Oswalt is talking about it with reference to multiple articles, and a couple of Facebook friends linked a different article too.

Probably the kidnapping/rape/10yr imprisonment story in the news.

who what now

Patton Oswalt is talking about it with reference to multiple articles, and a couple of Facebook friends linked a different article too.

oh I guess I'll have to wait for binders full of women to pick up on it.
    NO.
    Joakim Noah is a secretly great ft shooter. His shot looks broke but its money
    G2Dcf.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about. The prime subjects on my facebook are sleepovers and the most easily sexualised headline ever.
    xlh6c3.png

I don't know what you're talking about. The prime subjects on my facebook are sleepovers and the most easily sexualised headline ever.
    xlh6c3.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    G'damn.

Mim, you're not doing that well in Demon's Souls...

Wait, what.

Why am I in there?

you're... not familiar with Demon's Souls, are you?

First off, at the end of the tutorial, you die.
    Second, if you're alive, people can invade you and dying makes everything harder.

So yeah, you're perma-dead forever and whenever you're back alive, i kill you by jumping from a very high place.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    This is what a truckload of freedom looks like:
    EagleParty.jpg
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    906 and weary
    I am p glad the person who made the binders full of women account is actually keeping it up and interested in women's issues
    NO.
    It's almost as ugly as he is. I use to hate Joakim but he rules. Bosh screaming at Chalmers, he just walked up and started clapping and yelling in their faces
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    G'damn.

Wait, what.

Why am I in there?

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa
    Mou shindeiru
    turtlesig.jpg
    I'm against the death penalty

Until someone kidnaps and rapes someone(s). Then I'm suddenly keen on torturer and slow and unusual punishment.

I'm not proud of it.
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    It's almost as ugly as he is. I use to hate Joakim but he rules. Bosh screaming at Chalmers, he just walked up and started clapping and yelling in their faces

umm bro. I thought you were saying you were almost as ugly as Noah and I was gonna be mad.
    NO.

There's a GIF of it already: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2606843/noahtroll_medium.gif

Let it be known I always loved Joakim Noah, except for that one time his team eliminated George Mason from March Madness
    Also this game is so intense I ate an entire family-size bag of salt-n-vinegar chips during that third quarter

send gatorade

umm bro. I thought you were saying you were almost as ugly as Noah and I was gonna be mad.

Oh well that's taken for granted

[/fishingforcompliments]

Nah, I don't even think he's that weird looking anyway! He gets a bum rap there
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Magazine Runs Article About Louis C.K.
    NEW YORK—An American entertainment magazine has run, in its most recent issue, an article about comedian and actor Louis C.K., sources reported this week. “We decided to publish an article describing how Louis C.K. is dominating the world of comedy across a variety of media,” said an editor of the magazine in question, who confirmed the three-page profile opens with a present-tense declarative sentence stating that C.K. is about to go on stage. “This article also discusses Louis’ independent online sales model, how he incorporates his experiences as a father into his stand-up, and the creative freedom he enjoys on his TV show Louie. It also contains a sentence comparing his current lucrative successes to his everyman personality.” The publisher confirmed that the profile featured a photo of C.K. looking sad in a black T-shirt and jeans.

fuck I love the onion
This discussion has been closed.