Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [STEAM] thread

• testsubject23testsubject23 Registered User regular
    It's always good to have a spare copy of games like Terraria or Torchlight 2, just in case you find someone who doesn't own 'em yet.
    You'd be surprised how often I've wanted to gift those out and been stopped by a lack of current sales or inventory stockpile.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: TestSubject23 | Minecraft: chaos_introvert | Backloggery: TestSubject23 | PSN: testsubject23
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, Dark Souls pretty much requires a controller.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC YorkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Many thanks to @Dyvim Tvar for resolving my Blood Bowl dilemma, and passing a copy of Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition my way - very classy of you, mate.

We're off to the NFL London game later in the year, so I shall be getting the wife to explain to me why the ball doesn't have spikes, and why that one linebacker isn't just throwing his blocker into the crowd.
    CroakerBC on
    steam_sig.png
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    So, Steam thread: currently my wife and daughter are on a 5 week trip visiting relatives over seas. While the novelty of having much more time to spend on my Steam backlog was great at first, the emptiness of the house is pretty noticeable. Add to this the fact that I decided to start working Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead off my backlog, and it equals the fact that I need some seriously happy fun bubblegum-y game to play to counter darkness :P Any recommendations for cheap games on Steam that might fit the bill?
    3ds: 1934-0753-2550
    XBox Live: UreshiiAkumu
    steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    What you have to do is keep an eye out for people who post stuff like "recently got back into PC gaming" or "Just came around to steam" and then gift bomb the shit out of them. Thats how Khildith finally got rid of his THQ pack. You know. Since @Wooden Spoon was talking about how hes new to Steam and PC gaming and really would hate it if he were to be gift bombed by people who extra stuff they can't get rid of.

Ps. Giftbomb @Wooden Spoon with shit you couldn't find homes for before.

@UreshiiAkuma have you tried out Costume Quest? I found that game adorable.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    And @Dyvim Tvar continues us on this fast track to insanity...
    2xWlPD3.jpg

Thank you! The first one was great. This looks even better. :)
    steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    So, Steam thread: currently my wife and daughter are on a 5 week trip visiting relatives over seas. While the novelty of having much more time to spend on my Steam backlog was great at first, the emptiness of the house is pretty noticeable. Add to this the fact that I decided to start working Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead off my backlog, and it equals the fact that I need some seriously happy fun bubblegum-y game to play to counter darkness :P Any recommendations for cheap games on Steam that might fit the bill?

Fairy Bloom Freesia
    Faerie Solitaire
    Critter Crunch
    Recettear
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    What you have to do is keep an eye out for people who post stuff like "recently got back into PC gaming" or "Just came around to steam" and then gift bomb the shit out of them. Thats how Khildith finally got rid of his THQ pack. You know. Since @Wooden Spoon was talking about how hes new to Steam and PC gaming and really would hate it if he were to be gift bombed by people who extra stuff they can't get rid of.

Ps. Giftbomb @Wooden Spoon with shit you couldn't find homes for before.

@UreshiiAkuma have you tried out Costume Quest? I found that game adorable.

I agree with Corrigan. Costume Quest is awesome. Is that double fine bundle still going on? Any game in there would count.

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Excision wrote: »
    I have a Logitech F510, works great on PC.

I have an F310, which I think is basically the same controller, only without rumble motors. It's pretty cool, but the L2/R2 triggers are a little stiff, which makes marathon sessions of driving games a little finger stiffening.

It also has a switch to go from XInput to DirectInput, which is awesome for playing older games, but I don't know how useful that will be for someone on a Mac.

Gear Girl wrote: »
    Patrician IV key 305Q0-8HYWA-DYQTK

I wasn't going to snag the one that was posted earlier because backlog backlog, but then I saw another key posted and figured I'd see if it was still unused because I loved Patrician III, so I snagged this one. Thanks a million.

Also, does anyone here like shitty motorcycle racing games?
    SmokeStacks on
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular

Fairy Bloom Freesia
    Faerie Solitaire
    Critter Crunch
    Recettear

I know it's already bolded but I love Critter Crunch and had to second the recommendation.
    steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Everyone should own a Wired 360 Controller.

There are a great many truly fantastic games that really thrive with a pad. Here are a few I personally love.

Dark Souls
    Super Meat Boy
    Bastion
    They Bleed Pixels
    Batman AA and AC
    Mark of the Ninja

There are certainly many more
    The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    anoffday wrote: »

I agree with Corrigan. Costume Quest is awesome. Is that double fine bundle still going on? Any game in there would count.

Oooh, I had forgotten I picked up the Double Fine bundle, I will have to give Costume quest a try, thanks @CorriganX and @anoffday. And, looking at @Stabbity Style suggestions, Recettear would fit the bill and is already in my game bank as well. The best thing of Steam, when you have such an out of control bank that it tends to have something that fits your mood at any time ...

EDIT: I'll have to investigate Critter Crunch as well. I've heard the name, but know nothing about it. Don't think it is on my backlog yet.
    UreshiiAkuma on
    3ds: 1934-0753-2550
    XBox Live: UreshiiAkumu
    steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Racing games always felt better to me on controller than keyboard as well. I would love to be able to afford a racing wheel though, to get the most out of it.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @testsubject23 just hit me over the head with blood dragon, which looks awesome. Thank you. I'm speechless. Damn you guys. There's too much class in here.
    steam_sig.png
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Since I bought a WiiU, I find the 360 controller's button assignments horribly confusing. I press A when I want B and X when I want Y. Who were the jerks that did that?
    steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    Someone recommend me a good game for leaning back and relaxing with a controller. Most of the games I've played or thought about playing lately are the kind that'll consume you.

I was kinda thinking of getting Fez, but on the other hand, I can wait for a sale.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Someone recommend me a good game for leaning back and relaxing with a controller. Most of the games I've played or thought about playing lately are the kind that'll consume you.

I was kinda thinking of getting Fez, but on the other hand, I can wait for a sale.

Look at your gamebank:
    Trine
    Overlord
    Receatter

Trine is super relaxing puzzles & physics and some combat.
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    Someone recommend me a good game for leaning back and relaxing with a controller.

Lego Star Wars.

Lego anything, really.
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    Giving Trine another go sounds good. I never played that far beyond the first level.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

To the ones already mentioned (with special mention for Recettear), I'd also like to suggest two more games:

Magical Diary
    Fortune Summoners (warning: even though the game is super adorable, it is also pretty goddamn hard)
    Lego Batman
    Drascin on
    Drascin wrote: »

To the ones already mentioned (with special mention for Recettear), I'd also like to suggest two more games:

1. Magical Diary
    2. Fortune Summoners (warning: even though the game is super adorable, it is also pretty goddamn hard)
    3. Lego Batman

(*)

I concur on Magical Diary. It's made of win.

steam_sig.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

Pinball FX2! but you may want to wait for the Summer Dale in case the table packs are on sale
    steam_sig.png
    Giving Trine another go sounds good. I never played that far beyond the first level.

It truly is a relaxing, non-stress game until the last level. They should apologize for that.
    steam_sig.png
    Iolo wrote: »
    You birthday self-revealers had to know you were playing with fire. Steam thread is serious business when it comes to gifting opportunities.

MemorabiliaDevilMadeMeDoItSmallPinback.jpg
    steam_sig.png
    @Luchaire just gifted me Evoland on her birthday! Thank you. You guys are awesome.

But no more damnit! I have too much awesome stuff to play on my gaming day now!
    steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

1. Magical Diary
    2. Fortune Summoners (warning: even though the game is super adorable, it is also pretty goddamn hard)
    3. Lego Batman

(*)

I concur on Magical Diary. It's made of win.

Yes, yes, I was only going to suggest two, then a third ocurred and I didn't remember to change it. Shut up :P.
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    You birthday self-revealers had to know you were playing with fire. Steam thread is serious business when it comes to gifting opportunities.

I have to say this was the main reason behind omitting mine. Worked like a charm! :D
    camo_sig2.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Last call for my sleepy dog contest! I'll pick a winner tomorrow sometime.
    Contest Time!
    baileysleep2.jpgbaileysleep1.jpg

In celebration of the adoption of a new dog(Bailey), I'm giving away a copy of Sleeping Dogs(Steam Key from Amazon).

To enter send me an interesting dog picture, story or video via PM. The entry I like the best will be the winner. The contest will end in a couple of days after I've gotten enough entries.

More non sleeping dog pictures of Bailey:
    bailey.jpg
    bailey2.jpg
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

I have to say this was the main reason behind omitting mine. Worked like a charm! :D

I didn't even get birthday gifts from my own family last month. Apparently I am extra skilled. :P
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013

I thought I was just following birthday steam protocol with doing a giveaway. I've learned my lesson.

And @Incindium just gifted me Prime World Defenders, which I've heard is really good. Thank you! You guys have already made my birthday awesome. Please save your super classiness for others now!

Don't forget my giveaway if you haven't entered.
    anoffday wrote: »
    It's my birthday week so I know what I must do. (No gifts please. Just hugs.)

signature.png

anoffday on
    steam_sig.png
  • LanrutconLanrutcon Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Richard for gifting me a voucher for Total War: Shogun 2! downloading as we speak.
    Capture.jpg
    Currently playing: DI:Riptide, Eador:MotBW, FE:A, MH3U
  • HandgimpHandgimp Registered User, SolidSaints Handgimp regular
    So what's the new hotness, anyway?
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

A bunch of folks have been gifting this hot new game System Shock 2...
    steam_sig.png
    I don't know what's hot but Sanctum 2 comes out tonight or tomorrow.
    steam_sig.png

A bunch of folks have been gifting this hot new game System Shock 2...

Those folks have impeccable taste.
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

IT'S A TRAP!
    camo_sig2.png

IT'S A TRAP!

I'm at the bar, any gifting is at least a few hours away.
This discussion has been closed.