Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [STEAM] thread

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    You know, maybe it's just me, but they should really allow games to download as you are playing other games.

Yep. But a simple solution in the meantime is: Alt-tab out, resume download, then return to game.

Unless you're playing a Source game...
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: ObsoletePaper
    PA Steam Coupon List
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    You know, maybe it's just me, but they should really allow games to download as you are playing other games.

Yep. But a simple solution in the meantime is: Alt-tab out, resume download, then return to game.

Oh, I thought it was one of those things where it just won't download even if you mash resume.
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    System Shock 2 looks like it's going to be great fun from the hour I played of it last night

I've been out all day with my daughter and as usual there's so much class in this thread, you guys are all amazing!
    steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Company of Heroes 1 is obstructing my work on my backlog.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Does System Shock 2 have mouse-look? As an "old game" how hard is it to go back and revisit this game?

Some old games are easy to go back to, such as Half-Life. Other games not so much.
    BN_Sig3.jpg
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    SS2 does have mouselook when you're in look mode. You can also go into use mode, where your inventory is up and you can use your cursor to interact with items on the screen.

It's not as complicated as I'm making it sound.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    Hear, hear! Tip o' the hat. Drink more tea, etc.
    vmtdB.gifeRSuYjY.gif

It... it is so beautiful. They're even in sync.

steam_sig.png
  • -silent--silent- Registered User regular
    Blood Dragon is complete. Awesome barely describes the last 15 minutes.

Now onto the next endeavor. Maybe time to finish XCOM.
    Steam ID: -silent1-
    XBL: praemitto
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    ice how is your wife doing

last I talked to you you both were doing through some things

I'm guessing if you can tell her to wait things are good

Hey man, thanks for the concern. First, no pity party or concern, please! I just love you all and know there has been concern in the past.

Wife is aces. Just finished her first year of grad school for speech language pathology. Totally 100% fine, just with MS for life, but no lasting symptoms for now!

Otherwise I've just been away for other reasons. My mother has been battling cancer, so it sorta feels like we went from one disaster to the next.

That's all I'll say though because this is about games, and I don't want anyone worried! I'm great, wife is great, life is life! If anyone wants to talk or share experiences, lets go to PM so I don't bog everyone down with moodiness.

<3 you all.

love you too former tf2 bro
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey, is that Hex TCG gonna be on steam? Do we have a thread for that game? Hot damn that game looks good.
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hey, is that Hex TCG gonna be on steam? Do we have a thread for that game? Hot damn that game looks good.

I speculated that the Steam Database entry stub for Steam TCG Beta was for it last thread but that sounds to good to be true..
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So, those of you that have snagged System Shock 2, does the steam version make multiplayering easier, or do you still have to ponce around with IP addresses to connect?
    @Neo|Phyte

No you still have to faf about with IP addresses.

Another question for the thread. Is Eador worth it?
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    To the guys who recommended trying Warframe, thanks. This is actually pretty fun, and co-op is much more my speed than deathmatch!
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Does System Shock 2 have mouse-look? As an "old game" how hard is it to go back and revisit this game?

Some old games are easy to go back to, such as Half-Life. Other games not so much.

SS2 controls just fine. It's SS1 that's awkward as hell.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I speculated that the Steam Database entry stub for Steam TCG Beta was for it last thread but that sounds to good to be true..

Imagine a TCG that uses your steam library to populate its decks... Actually don't because that would cost me a lot of money.

Somehow Bad Rats is the best card in the game.

You can ante up games from your inventory and the winner takes all.
    steam_sig.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Walking Dead Episode 2

spoilerish i guess... no big reveals but there it is for you
    "LLLEEEEEE! Come back and finish this!"

"No Larry, You fucking live with it..."

I am a horrible horrible person...
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I'd wager on "trading cards" being something like tradeable gift cards. They've long said they've been planning on finding someway to trade or gift Steam Wallet directly. If it were simply trading cards for a game, I don't see why they wouldn't be just another tab in your steam inventory and treated like items like from Portal 2, Tf2, Spiral Knights, etc.

The only other thing I can thing of is perhaps it's part of a Summer Sale meta event.
    steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone play Tomb Raider multiplayer? I love the game, but I heard it's like Uncharted multi, which I hated. Seems like games like TR and Uncharted don't really need multiplayer.
    anoffday on
    steam_sig.png
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    So I come down to check my messages before doing my exercises and making dinner after a pretty rough day working in attic (painful), sealing some ducts and mowing the lawn and what do I find. @Zenitram has gift bombed me with Torchlight 2 out of the blue! I'll thank you but my backlog might be trying to hijack the vikhrs.;) I shall do my best to keep the class alive:D
    steam_sig.png
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    In honor of my graduation as magna cum laude in a shitty community college I come bearing gifts!

signature.png

In all seriousness, I'm celebrating. I'm the first one in my family to graduate college. I got mah AA and in the Fall I'll be working towards my Bachelor's degree.

That's an absolutely unbeatable feeling, isn't it?

Congratulations! :)

steam_sig.png
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    In honor of my graduation as magna cum laude in a shitty community college I come bearing gifts!

signature.png

In all seriousness, I'm celebrating. I'm the first one in my family to graduate college. I got mah AA and in the Fall I'll be working towards my Bachelor's degree.

That's an absolutely unbeatable feeling, isn't it?

Congratulations! :)

Thanks! It's just community college, but I did take it seriously.
    steam_sig.png
  • IoloIolo Registered User regular
    @Lindsey Lohan just sent me Poker Night at the Inventory out of the clear blue sky! Thanks, LiLo -- much appreciated!
    steam_sig.png

• SorceSorce Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, I have never played any of the System Shock games.
    You must fix this immediately, now that SS2 is on Steam.

It's like BioShock, but actually good.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, I have never played any of the System Shock games.
    You must fix this immediately, now that SS2 is on Steam.

It's like BioShock, but actually good.

Bioshock was good, but for different reasons.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
    Also i suggest playing alone, at night, with the lights off.
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Time to clear out some more spare Steam keys for anyone who wants 'em:
    Nuclear Dawn: GHDAA-VT7T5-K9Q2H

Planets Under Attack: YYX5G-I4QWH-V28JC

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars: FR8DL-M9QGQ-8V2AQ

STORM: Frontline Nation: HV866-F98ML-K53N8

Mata Hari: X5DFX-ET0AT-FL2AD

Alter Ego: WW909-MGI6V-ZJQLZ
    Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Time to clear out some more spare Steam keys for anyone who wants 'em:
    Nuclear Dawn: GHDAA-VT7T5-K9Q2H

Planets Under Attack: YYX5G-I4QWH-V28JC

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars: FR8DL-M9QGQ-8V2AQ

STORM: Frontline Nation: HV866-F98ML-K53N8

Mata Hari: X5DFX-ET0AT-FL2AD

Alter Ego: WW909-MGI6V-ZJQLZ

Thank you very much for the Air Conflicts key. I like airplanes go boom.
    I took Planets Under Attack
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Took Alter Ego, gracias!
    steam_sig.png
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    I slurped up Nuclear Dawn. Thanks!
    steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    It turns out Surgeon Simulator 2013 is a great source of entertainment for sociopaths.

NSFW and the squeemish
    Cantido on
    The sound of eight hooves reaches his ears, comes from the heavenly light, two wolves howls fills his heart with fear, and he sees two ravens fly. Down from the sky a warlord rides, like fire his one eye glows, and just before the preacher dies he knows his god is false.
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

signature.png

Congrats! I'm working towards getting an AA a year from now, myself. One year in, it's looking like graduating with a 4.0 might actually happen.
    Extra congrats on moving on to a Bachelor's. I've been thinking about it, but university is SOOOOO much more expensive, I don't know how I could possibly afford it. On the other hand, I don't want to have wasted all this time and money on just an AA, because who knows what sort of job I could get with just that.
    Vegan on
    camo_sig.png
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

signature.png

Congrats! I'm working towards getting an AA a year from now, myself. One year in, it's looking like graduating with a 4.0 might actually happen.
    Extra congrats on moving on to a Bachelor's. I've been thinking about it, but university is SOOOOO much more expensive, I don't know how I could possibly afford it.

My college actually have a "2 + 2" program they've implemented. Professors from a university come and teach classes for certain majors, one being my major, and it lets students earn a 4 year degree at a normally 2 year college. So you get the best of both worlds, the smaller, more intimate setting of a community college like smaller class sizes and can get to know your professors, and advanced curriculum. They've had a lot of success the program so far, from what I hear.
    steam_sig.png
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

signature.png

Extra congrats on moving on to a Bachelor's. I've been thinking about it, but university is SOOOOO much more expensive, I don't know how I could possibly afford it.

My college actually have a "2 + 2" program they've implemented. Professors from a university come and teach classes for certain majors, one being my major, and it lets students earn a 4 year degree at a normally 2 year college. So you get the best of both worlds, the smaller, more intimate setting of a community college like smaller class sizes and can get to know your professors, and advanced curriculum. They've had a lot of success the program so far, from what I hear.

That sounds awesome. Mine (Santa Monica College) has something like that called "UCLA Extension", but it's just as expensive and it's really just for knocking out a few courses before actually attending UCLA.
    camo_sig.png
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    So I just got another seven copies of DOTA 2, for a total of twenty three.

If anyone in this thread has somehow managed to not acquire DOTA 2 and would like to, send me a PM. I'm drowning in the things over here.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    So I just got another seven copies of DOTA 2, for a total of twenty three.

If anyone in this thread has somehow managed to not acquire DOTA 2 and would like to, send me a PM. I'm drowning in the things over here.

If you list them all on the marketplace for three cents each, after Valve's cut you'll get around $0.46 in free money.

I should just start mass advertising for people to send me their unwanted DOTA 2 invites so they can get rid of them. If I did it on some huge websites I bet I could get tons of copies, then sell them for a few cents each on the marketplace and make a bunch of money.

Holy shit, why didn't I think of this months ago?
This discussion has been closed.