Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [STEAM] thread

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror Riot Nrrd Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    And I think I'm done with Poker Night 2 in any serious capacity. At this point, I'm only playing out of a combination of boredom and unlocks, and there's no way I'm going to be able to hit this bounty: get two players to go all in and win against them. Yeah. Right.

Go all-in after the flop on the first hand. You'll probably get at least two takers, and you stand a pretty decent chance of winning. If you don't, you can always start a new tourney and try again.
    camo_sig2.png
  • StragintStragint Registered User regular
    Do I need Far Cry 3 to play Blood Dragon?
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Do I need Far Cry 3 to play Blood Dragon?
    Nope. Blood dragon is a standalone game.

• NocrenNocren Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    Just a reminder: a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown is burning a hole in my Steam pocket, and I'm giving it away in exchange for a quality forum avatar involving a wooden spoon. 14 hours remain. Do your worst.

So the main question is, has Hit-Bit made an entry yet?

Because you know, nice to know the odds :P

I will cave and say no. So there's still a chance for everyone else. :P

Yeah, Hitty Bitty already got a copy from me last thread.

And I got a lovely new forum AND Steam avatar.
    newSig.jpg
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    You should own and play it anyways. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT Fresh, straight from Pac-Man's Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    And I got a lovely new forum AND Steam avatar.
    I think that was either Sir Carcass or Slayer of Dreams (I just made the sig).
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    The daily is the new Xcom for $13.59. It's supposed to be pretty fun if you like that sorta thing. I could never get into the series when I was younger, someday I'll try again.
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    The daily is the new Xcom for $13.59. It's supposed to be pretty fun if you like that sorta thing. I could never get into the series when I was younger, someday I'll try again.

Which means the DLC is on sale. MWHAHAhahaaha. The day is mine!!.... and my mother's....
    camo_sig2.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »

Which means the DLC is on sale. MWHAHAhahaaha. The day is mine!!.... and my mother's....

Is it just this customizable costume pack and this DLC mission?
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Yeah. That's all the DLC the game has right now. I'd probably buy slingshot, but that would mean I'd have to play XCOM again, which I don't really want to do until they fix the fucking teleporting alien bug.

heenato on
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    This thread is bad for me. I'm already ashamed of my backlog. Now I'm ashamed for how big it is and how small it is. It's the most pleasant no-win situation.

This thread is pretty bad for backlogs, I remember when I first broke 100 games on my steam list.. that seems like such a long time ago
    steam_sig.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular

Yes, but I was kinda waiting for them to go on sale because I've heard the missions are kinda blah.
    camo_sig2.png
  • DrakeDrake Blow it all up ForeverRegistered User regular
    Almost bought the Xcom DLC last night at full price! Man, I dodged that bullet.
    Drake wrote: »
    Almost bought the Xcom DLC last night at full price! Man, I dodged that bullet.

You are....the Bizarro everyone else .
    I greatly underestimated the classiness and talent in this thread. I'm drowning in amazinf avatars. I love you all.

I'm going to need more prizes.

8 hours and 51 minutes remain! XCOM may be on sale today, but it's FREE to one lucky winner. Keep those incredible wooden spoon avatars coming!
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Seven new invites for DotA 2? Are you fucking kidding me Newell?
    steam_sig.png
    I've been putting off the XCOM DLC for months.

This is how is starts, isn't it?
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    I'm actually just starting my game of X-Com, but I don't make it a habit of buying DLC.
  • SteevLSteevL Registered User regular
    I got XCOM back when I preordered Bioshock Infinite, but I still haven't touched it. No idea when I will!
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I think the hardest part of this birthday giveaway will be seeing things in my inventory for the next three weeks.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • StollsStolls Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »
    Man, just when I thought this 'build a new PC around an existing hard drive' thing would be easy... hardware all works fine, but it looks like existing Windows installations and new motherboards don't work well together. Had this exact same problem last time, so I can't say I'm too surprised. Sorry, Windows 7 mascot girl, looks like we gotta do this the hard way.

I'd been planning on cleaning house at some point; this is just a little earlier than I had intended, like with the hardware. Anyway, backing up the drive on the old computer now. If I don't make it back from 'format c:\', avenge my death. And gift the avenger something nice. Maybe System Shock 2.

If it's having a strop about activation, you can always call Microsoft's irritating automated activation line, that tends to sort us out.

Nah, the whole thing would just crash when Windows started up, like there was a bad boot sector or something. It's not actually damaged - it works with the old computer just fine - just some combination of old device drivers or possibly the install itself just doesn't play well when moved to another machine. Oh well.
    Stolls wrote: »
    Man, just when I thought this 'build a new PC around an existing hard drive' thing would be easy... hardware all works fine, but it looks like existing Windows installations and new motherboards don't work well together. Had this exact same problem last time, so I can't say I'm too surprised. Sorry, Windows 7 mascot girl, looks like we gotta do this the hard way.

I'd been planning on cleaning house at some point; this is just a little earlier than I had intended, like with the hardware. Anyway, backing up the drive on the old computer now. If I don't make it back from 'format c:\', avenge my death. And gift the avenger something nice. Maybe System Shock 2.

Good luck broski. A fresh OS is a good feeling. Check out ninite if you want to reinstall a bunch of programs at once without downloading a ton of different installers.

You also might want to check out Gamesave Manager if you haven't already formatted yet, this way you won't have to hunt through your backup to find where all of your different gamesaves are to move them to your fresh install.

Also, if you don't make it back, I promise you that I will
    have dibs on your stuff.
    I bet you thought I was going to say I was going to avenge your death, huh? Yeah well I'm an asshole

Ah, excellent suggestions sir. Haven't yet hit the point of no return, so these will be most useful and are suitable recompense for the spoiler, for which I am otherwise disheartened and dismayed :P
    Stolls on
    steam_sig.png
    I write for these people. Just reviewed: Drox Operative
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC YorkRegistered User regular
    Annoyance: Having to buy multiple copies of things via Gamersgate, which requires multiple transactions.
    Consequence: Card locked, can't buy food (or System Shock 2). At least until the bank opens.

And I just realised that getting System Shock 2 and the X-Com DLC would still be just over £5, and probably get my card locked again.

I hate banks, that is all.
    steam_sig.png
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Was never going to get the Slingshot pack.

But for $2.37? Now that's a bargain. Amazing what a small difference between $7 and $2.37 can make.
    c2XL506.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    It wont let me buy a four pack because I already own Monaco.

I was so looking forward to handing out copies to my gaming coworkers for a...*ahem*...team building exercise. With cursing.
    The sound of eight hooves reaches his ears, comes from the heavenly light, two wolves howls fills his heart with fear, and he sees two ravens fly. Down from the sky a warlord rides, like fire his one eye glows, and just before the preacher dies he knows his god is false.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    Aw man the slingshot DLC is tempting at that price

Too bad I blew a bunch of money on buying my mother shoes
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    Nevermind @DoctorArch is a classhole
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Its worth the money just for the extra doll clothes in my opinion. :P
    steam_sig.png
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who owns XCOM but can't be arsed to cough up a couple bucks for the DLC, please step to left and prepare to be fishslapped.

Contest Challenge!
    Send me a silly dance video that's not Monty Python. - EXPIRED!
    (Edit: In case people don't realize, and I'm thinking some don't, you want to enter as many challenges as you can. More entries = more chances to win.)
    Luchaire on
    steam_sig.png
    So, just for purely hypothetical reasons, is there a way to gift from the Steam mobile app? Just, you know, for general information...and stuff.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    So, just for purely hypothetical reasons, is there a way to gift from the Steam mobile app? Just, you know, for general information...and stuff.

Nope. Doesn't appear to be one, anyway. Gifting is a purely domestic thing.
    Well that's disappointing. Hypothetically.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    You can absolutely gift from the mobile app. Same way as through Steam proper.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer SanFranciscoRegistered User regular
    /stares at massive student loan debt
    /stares at shitty low-paying internship
    /stares longingly at steam
    /stares at love of ALL THINGS BAD 80s SCI FI
    /stares at the fact that i can't have my nice (now 2 y o but whatever) desktop until at least july, maybe

mine is a sad life. so many awesome games. so little ability to actually play them.
    camo_sig2.png
    I'll have to keep messing with it. Worst case, I'm sure I can use the mobile browser.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Ketar for Torchlight II! Best of luck surviving the terrible two's. It's also my dad's b-day today, so I guess your logic sort of makes sense? :P

Oh the hell with it. Less thinking more gaming!
    steam_sig.png
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Are either of the XCom DLCs worth it? I don't usually buy DLC; anything special about these missions?
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.