Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [STEAM] thread

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User regular
    In honor of my graduation as magna cum laude in a shitty community college I come bearing gifts!

signature.png

In all seriousness, I'm celebrating. I'm the first one in my family to graduate college. I got mah AA and in the Fall I'll be working towards my Bachelor's degree.

roLSGxQ.jpg
    SHODAN wrote:
    Look at you, @Gigazombie Cybermage: a classy creature of meat and bone, studying and learning as you run through your syllabus. How does it feel to have a perfect, immortal degree?

Oh shi-
    steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Does anybody still not own Bioshock? I have an extra Steam copy lying around. PM me.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    Anybody want a copy of Hydrophobia?
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

How could you do that to someone
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
    edited May 2013
    Maddoc wrote: »

How could you do that to someone

It's not the bad game that initially got released. They did a lot of work to fix most of the problems people had with the game and it's pretty decent/good now.
    Stabbity Style on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    I played Hydrophobia when it came out on the X-box and really enjoyed it.

Never really got the hate for it.
    @Mr. Buttons' class knows no bounds. He gifted me a copy of Anomaly 2. If a reverse-tower defense game sounds at all interesting to anybody, you should check it out. I believe you get a giftable copy if you preorder, as well.
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Albino Bunny for 4:55 of laugh-inducing fun. Clear and immediate winner, and now a proud owner of Don't Starve!

And thanks to everyone else participating! You are all wonderful, special flakes of snow!

More to come. Big stuff ahead.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    A @Luchaire contest is a great way to start a Sunday morning.

Also, for those Euro Truck Simulator 2 fans out there looking for a bit more action while listening to European newsradio, I bring you...

http://youtu.be/bVeiTyW_-8c

Formula Truck

It's currently an eye-watering $24.95, but hopefully we'll see it on Steam one day. Looove me some sim racing
    TeeMan on
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
    So, Torchlight 2. Get it now or wait till it drops to $5? I'm still wary about getting back into the genre after getting burnt by Diablo 3.
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, Torchlight 2. Get it now or wait till it drops to $5? I'm still wary about getting back into the genre after getting burnt by Diablo 3.

What part didn't you like about D3? Torchlight 2 is really enjoyable, with much better drops than D3--that was my only real issue with D3, personally, that I could play for a couple hours and get nothing that even equaled my own level.
    steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    Awe man I just got gift bombed by @rikdaly with a Steam key via PM that turned out to for TES:V Skyrim. You rock! Thanks so much. It's been sitting out on my wishlist for a year since having build a gaming PC but I've been putting off getting it since I'd played the XBox 360 version. Well not really played. I spent 60-70 hours between two chars without having even having gotten any of the Dragonshouts. I even have an unopened hardbound Collector's Edition Official Game Guide sitting next to my chair.

So I'll have to crack the game guide open and start Skyrim up fresh the way it's meant to be played (on a gaming PC) sometime here soon thanks to you and actually try and give it a go trying to actually progress through the main storyline this time

Skyrim?

Main storyline progress?

I think you're doing it wrong.

:P

Yeah I know but I figure I'll at least try and attempt it this go around. I mean I've played Daggerfall, Morrowind, (maybe Oblivion? if I did it was brief) and Skyrim all without getting further than one or two minor quests into the main storyline. I progressed a bit through the Thieves Guild quests in a couple of those and remember doing some Mages Guild stuff in Daggerfall. But yeah Elder Scrolls games don't seem to lend themselves to main storyline progress.

I finally just put on blinders, ignored all optional quests and map markets, and finished the main quest in Skyrim.

It was the only time I didn't really love the game. My Nord swordsman? He was meant to be free.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I really feel like the main quest in Skyrim should be completed ASAP, you get too many fun toys to wait.

Plenty of time to fuck around in the world afterward.
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I should finish the game too. Our hell play anything for that matter. Just so tired. Tomorrow night! I shall play tomorrow.
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
    I really feel like the main quest in Skyrim should be completed ASAP, you get too many fun toys to wait.

Yeah, but there's a cave over there. And a big campfire the other way. And that's definitely a bunch of mudcrabs minding their own business by the river. And I'm pretty sure I see a deer over there by...oh, god, are those FIREFLIES???

It was my GOTY 2011 for providing the single best ADD simulation available.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    InkSplat wrote: »

What part didn't you like about D3? Torchlight 2 is really enjoyable, with much better drops than D3--that was my only real issue with D3, personally, that I could play for a couple hours and get nothing that even equaled my own level.

Hm, I don't know if I can actually describe what I didn't like about D3. I guess I'll ask this: how is the gameplay and does the loot system help make the gameplay more fun?
  • harvestharvest Registered User regular

Yeah, but there's a cave over there. And a big campfire the other way. And that's definitely a bunch of mudcrabs minding their own business by the river. And I'm pretty sure I see a deer over there by...oh, god, are those FIREFLIES???

It was my GOTY 2011 for providing the single best ADD simulation available.

As someone with ADD, Skyrim provides excellent engagement. Nearly 500 hours in that game.
    steam_sig.png
    Black: 0389 8074 1114 - 3DS: 4940-5435-1167 - PSN: Haarvest
    Oh god, I was minding my own business reading fashion reviews of The Cosby Show when @InkSplat gifted my Torchlight 2 out of the blue! What a hoopy frood.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    Speaking of trying to challenge a perfect, immortal machine, here's my attempt at the chocobolicious rad dolphin contest. Those ten minutes shall not be in vain.

I didn't enter because I can't run either game, but I did get bored that night and made one anyway.
    Oh god, I was minding my own business reading fashion reviews of The Cosby Show...

Wait, what?
    ... when @InkSplat gifted my Torchlight 2 out of the blue!

Haha, awesome. You guys, I swear.
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, I was minding my own business reading fashion reviews of The Cosby Show...

Wait, what?

http://www.huxtablehotness.com/

Edit: I'm about halfway through Season 2 right now.
    Stabbity Style on

Wait, what?
    ... when @InkSplat gifted my Torchlight 2 out of the blue!

That was my thought as well, but then @Stabbity Style distracted me by gifting me Poker Night, which I was somehow missing.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    So I just got another seven copies of DOTA 2, for a total of twenty three.

If anyone in this thread has somehow managed to not acquire DOTA 2 and would like to, send me a PM. I'm drowning in the things over here.

If you list them all on the marketplace for three cents each, after Valve's cut you'll get around $0.46 in free money.

I should just start mass advertising for people to send me their unwanted DOTA 2 invites so they can get rid of them. If I did it on some huge websites I bet I could get tons of copies, then sell them for a few cents each on the marketplace and make a bunch of money.

Holy shit, why didn't I think of this months ago?

I wasn't aware you could still sell DOTA 2 keys. Like, I thought there was no market for them anymore.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Can any classy Nords assist me? I was thinking of booting up Skyrim again just to gawk at trees, and it no longer recognizes my mouse and keyboard. At the title screen, I have to use the keyboard to Continue my save, and after it loads, I lose both the mouse and keyboard.
    The sound of eight hooves reaches his ears, comes from the heavenly light, two wolves howls fills his heart with fear, and he sees two ravens fly. Down from the sky a warlord rides, like fire his one eye glows, and just before the preacher dies he knows his god is false.
    Speaking of trying to challenge a perfect, immortal machine, here's my attempt at the chocobolicious rad dolphin contest. Those ten minutes shall not be in vain.

rebelwithoutaporpoise.png

This justifies my exsistence.

Oh, are we doing this now?

BzWW8BG.jpg

In related news, I sorta remember how to use Photoshop again.
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    So I just got another seven copies of DOTA 2, for a total of twenty three.

If anyone in this thread has somehow managed to not acquire DOTA 2 and would like to, send me a PM. I'm drowning in the things over here.

If you list them all on the marketplace for three cents each, after Valve's cut you'll get around $0.46 in free money.

I should just start mass advertising for people to send me their unwanted DOTA 2 invites so they can get rid of them. If I did it on some huge websites I bet I could get tons of copies, then sell them for a few cents each on the marketplace and make a bunch of money.

Holy shit, why didn't I think of this months ago?

I wasn't aware you could still sell DOTA 2 keys. Like, I thought there was no market for them anymore.

They still sell at a rate of a few hundred copies every day on the market, but you need to be extremely lucky to get your copies picked among the over 700k available at the moment.
    camo_sig2.png
    Man, Torchlight 2 is pretty awesome so far. First of all, getting a Stag or a Ferret for a pet is awesome. And the gameplay itself is a lot of fun :> Also, I absolutely love the art style of the Torchlight games.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Can any classy Nords assist me? I was thinking of booting up Skyrim again just to gawk at trees, and it no longer recognizes my mouse and keyboard. At the title screen, I have to use the keyboard to Continue my save, and after it loads, I lose both the mouse and keyboard.

I remember this happening to me after a patch or some such silliness. I believe it's defaulted to Controller if you have one plugged in? From the main menu, or is there a setup for Skyrim? It's been a long time since I've fired it up. Anywho, find the menu, and change it to kbam!
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: ObsoletePaper
    PA Steam Coupon List
    Houn wrote: »
    An entirely library of steam games, and nothing jumping out at me to play. Don't want to install anything new because I have things installed that I haven't finished. Don't want to play what's installed because I feel obligated to play and finish them and that sucks the fun out of it.

Spend the evening reading the forums and scrolling up and down the list.

These late hours suck cause the forums are dead.
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    An entirely library of steam games, and nothing jumping out at me to play. Don't want to install anything new because I have things installed that I haven't finished. Don't want to play what's installed because I feel obligated to play and finish them and that sucks the fun out of it.

These late hours suck cause the forums are dead.

Pretty much. I might hop into PA Steam Chat and see what other people are playing and not talking about for a bit, then go to bed.

I'm starting to suspect that I may have a game hoarding problem.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have been sent candles and cake by @Chocobolicious... in the form of Ms. Splosion Man. Which looks silly and fun and splodey, and also has a main character who appears to be made up entirely of my favorite color. In short, this seems like a recipe for win. Thanks! :)

Contest Challenge!
    Triss or Shani... and why? - EXPIRED!
    Luchaire on
    steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Googling tells me those are Witcher characters. Which I haven't played yet. So I can't actually answer. But considering my current existential ramblings about game hoarding addiction, maybe I shouldn't be trying to win more games... >.>
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn

You can do what I'm doing and spend your evening reading about the bold fashion choices featured on The Cosby Show.

You can do what I'm doing and spend your evening reading about the bold fashion choices featured on The Cosby Show.

Shouldn't you be lighting torches? :p
    steam_sig.png
    InkSplat wrote: »

Shouldn't you be lighting torches? :p

Good point! Took a break to eat dinner and read about the the reality warping effects of a Cosby Sweater and got completely distracted.
This discussion has been closed.