Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[League of Legends] : Awakening | Latin America servers on their way

• JebusUDJebusUD Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »

I'm either not getting a reference here, or and missing the joke entirely because that doesn't seem at all funny to me.

leona is like, a sun knight!

FFFFFUCK THE MOON!

No I get that it's just.....

I don't think this particular brand of 'humor' is for me :(

i'd explain the joke but you know what they say about explaining jokes.

I'd like to think there is some context that could turn it from 'Diana likes the moon, Leona likes the sun, watch Leona yell at Diana, UH OH Leona said fuck! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'

But really at this point I already think it's garbage so even in the appropriate context I probably wouldn't find it funny.
    The only time I have trouble was a bug with the recent patch that a karthus ult on 3 or more people near me will tank my framrate to like 5 and normally it runs at 98 FPS. That is a known issue :(.

Yeah karth ults are bad. Anything with lots of effects at once tanks the frame rate. Sounds mess out up too. Minions have spawned tanks it bad. What is with that?

For me its only karthus ults. I dont run high shadow's either. However everything else is maxed out. I could have a 5 person fight with spell particles everywhere and be fine, but Karthus ults and I see three of the beams and my frame goes down to 1-5 until its over and I have a triple kill because I MF ulted.

Their support page suggests the soundthing could be a registry issue.

And people wonder why console gaming is so big. This is the reason I haven't gamed on PC for many years.

See now THAT is funny ;)

I don't see why. People will ask "why don't you play X on PC?" (Battlefield, or whatever.)

Because there is a lot to be said for put in game, play game. Not put in game, mess with settings and hardware, maybe play game.

Psssht. You guys haven't PC gamed until you've coded and compiled your own game from scratch by typing in 20 pages of BASIC code out of the pages of the latest copy of TRS-80 magazine.

This still likely would have been quicker then installing Everquest back in the day.

I remember the days of " please insert floppy 8 of 20" and let me tell you. Do not want
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    My custom "item builds" are probably just going to end up being components that turn into everything I would ever want to build.

9e0txHT.gif
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    My Shaco builds have been named things like "melee rage quit" " jungle rage quit." and similar.

I believe I'm going into this with the right mindset.
  • KhavallKhavall Registered User regular
    Oh man.

Bluereal.

BLUEREAL YOU GUYS

Also I think I get a buff for playing Bluereal with the frosted tips
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »
    Yeah best possible solution for how the system works currently. I still kind of wish you could que for a specific roll. I know they don't want to lock in any specific meta, but damn that would make the whole process easier. I also like how one the question and answers was about what if I can't play a role? I tell people all the time if you can't at least play all roles on a basic level you probably shouldn't be playing draft.

It wouldn't really help anything unless you always had the same proportion of people wanting to play each role. Only players who queued for support would tend to get their preferred roles and teams with everyone in agreement (because they're the least dense). Players in less dense queues would have just as much toxicity because if 50% of the population queues top well then queue times are either very long, or a lot of games are going to be filled with teams that everyone wants to top in.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Registered User regular
    Being able to counterpick a first pick Karthus with a Soraka mid is magical.
    You weren't planning on ulting ever, were you?
    befriend (v.): To use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    // Steam & LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 //
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    I just want there to be a hidden passive between the two in normals.

If Soraka ults while an enemy Karthus is ulting, it just cancels both ulties and plays an animation of Soraka bitch slapping Karthus.

Because that's pretty much what you're doing.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    EDIT; wrong thread
    The Ender on
    Yes, I am still angry
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    EDIT; wrong thread

Was about to say... O.o
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

If Soraka ults while an enemy Karthus is ulting, it just cancels both ulties and plays an animation of Soraka bitch slapping Karthus.

Perhaps the first time or two. Then karthus has levels and ap, and does about twice or thrice the damage.
    SC2EU/US: Frozenzen.437 Steam: Frozenzen
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Played in an ARAM the other day where the other team had Karthus, but our team had not only Soraka, but also a Sivir and a Nocturne. It was kind of hilarious.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Doesn't matter. It's all about demoralising him and throwing his expectations off. Most Karthus's haven't got that great an idea of where Soraka's Ulti heals for and as a result you can prevent kills.
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    dasnoob wrote: »
    People are always going to bitch when you pick melee AD carries, because lord knows if you're not picking the safest most reliable champions to win with, then you're the bane of your teammates existence. Fiora, Yi, and Tryndamere are fun. People can deal with it. Fiora's safer than those other two anyway because her abilities allow her to win early too and not just farm up for late game before getting strong.

Every time I play Fiora mid, people bitch until I'm fed as hell, then suddenly they shut up and let me carry them. Funny how that works.

I hate that attitude. Anytime I see something different I try my best to just have the attitude of "Sure, why the hell not?"

I mean, it isn't like I ever have any chance of being a pro or anything. I'm an almost 34 year old man with a wife, two kids, and a stable career.

I always have to explain myself from the other side. Like, we're on champ select and my teammate locks in Poppy, and I'll say "Oh snap, Poppy!" and they immediately get defensive. I always have to explain that I just get excited when I see picks that rarely get played. I don't give a shit if theoretically Poppy loses 100% of lanes. League isn't played in theory land with equally skilled opponents using their computing power to make perfect moves.

Next time try something obviously positive. Like "poppy, high five!"

DrDreidel wrote: »
    When I say I have trouble reacting, what I mean is that when I feel like I need to be doing something in fights I tend to fat finger all the buttons while pointing the cursor towards the person I think is the biggest threat and hope for the best. I do have a few champs that I can just combo with from muscle memory (Lux and Vi mostly.)

Josh, I'd love to play with you, but my schedule is pretty rigid and I'm limited to playing mostly weeknights between 9 and midnight.

I used to do that too and still do on champions that I am not familiar with. Learning to not do it is more about having played the champion than something inherent about you.

Some ways to prevent that faster is to play champions with long cooldowns that do wildly different things (gragas) because simply knowing that you can't press all the buttons will get your mind to get into combo mode. ADC's are also good for this.

Alternately play ryze and press all the butans

Honestly, I think even if I said it in a super obviously positive way, people would expect sarcasm, just because it's the internet and they can't see my face and hear my voice. But I can understand that, because I am pretty sarcastic in general.
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Perhaps the first time or two. Then karthus has levels and ap, and does about twice or thrice the damage.

Not so much if it's Soraka mid as was suggested in the example. Support Soraka, sure.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Sure but if it's Soraka mid she gets ganked and then dies.
    aX9Hboj.jpg

So can Karthus? O.o
    t7pXRdE.png

She does?

Last time I took her mid I bullied Vladimir so hard that I 2v1'd their jungle.

Vlad really can't do shit to Soraka.
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Soraka is in much more danger in mid lane than she is as a support, especially versus a Karthus. An appropriately played Soraka bot is very difficult to kill unless you make a big mistake like picking her first or picking her into a hard counter lane.
    JAEF on
    <3Steam: Jaef -- PSN: Jaef -- League of Legends: Jaef -- League VoDs -- League Live Stream
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    The article on creating custom item sheets is funny. It says that some item called "Ohmwrecker" exists.
  • KhavallKhavall Registered User regular
    Fuck windows update. Forever. Super close game ap kog. Kicking ass but still close. Then my game closes.
    I'm going back to stick an hoop. Stick and hoop never has technical issues.
    I really don't understand normal games sometimes. Playing with my buddy. First game I play Cassiopeia versus Lissandra. First blood her easily. Figure she hasn't seen Cass in a while. Then I just go on a murder spree, including just 1v2ing her and her jungler when they come. Meh, it's whatever.

Next game, I first pick Fiora for mid, and it was pretty obvious where i'm going based on my team's picks. Other team picks Katarina mid. Okay, bad pick, but we'll see how she is. I first blood her at 2, then just perma zone her. Just tower dive and kill with my ult even if she's full health because she's zoned so hard I'm 2 levels up. Get 6/0 before they surrender because she has like 50 CS to my 150 and 6 kills. Also, she built a negatron cloak. Like, you can't seriously be level 30 without knowing that Fiora is an AD champion, right?
    I really don't understand normal games sometimes. Playing with my buddy. First game I play Cassiopeia versus Lissandra. First blood her easily. Figure she hasn't seen Cass in a while. Then I just go on a murder spree, including just 1v2ing her and her jungler when they come. Meh, it's whatever.

Next game, I first pick Fiora for mid, and it was pretty obvious where i'm going based on my team's picks. Other team picks Katarina mid. Okay, bad pick, but we'll see how she is. I first blood her at 2, then just perma zone her. Just tower dive and kill with my ult even if she's full health because she's zoned so hard I'm 2 levels up. Get 6/0 before they surrender because she has like 50 CS to my 150 and 6 kills. Also, she built a negatron cloak. Like, you can't seriously be level 30 without knowing that Fiora is an AD champion, right?

Standard build mentality.

"I always build a negatron cloak on Kat"

My guess is that's what was going on, they were just used to always building a negatron cloak against mids.

Alternate theory: Fiora is pretty obscure at the moment. I would be willing to bet a fair amount of people don't know much of anything about her.
    t7pXRdE.png
    The death recap would say that riposte is magic damage so if you don't lunge her at all it would actually show up on the death recap. That sixty magic damage is ridic af dude.
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    ARAM is the best game.

I basically only ever play ARAM any more.

That's what this whole game is about, right?

I did this for around 2 weeks.

However after mulling it over I realized I had a lot to improve on mechanically. So I fired up a game of ranked I figure this is the best place to work on my skill because everyone is trying their best to win (in most cases). I make a plan for each game; This game I am going to get 75 CS by 10 min and harass the opposite lane. This game I am going to ward deep and apply lots of pressure top and time and call for dragons. I ended up meeting a person who is a really really good support and we've been duo queing for the past 3 days and we have about a 75% win rate. The only games we tend to lose are when one lane just feeds uncontrollably. Or in the case of my promotion series where some one doesn't connect. I have actually completely lost my ranked anxiety I am no longer stressed when the game loads in. I am not caring about the winning or ragey team mates I am just caring about improving and moving up and its working. I'll be back in my promotion series in 1 game.

I think I'm getting to the point where I want to start playing normals again. However, I'm super horrible now =\. My positioning is sheeeeeet. Don't think I'll get back into the ranked queue for a while. At least not until I've got a little of my mojo back.
    I'm so damn tired of getting shit from people because I play Fiora.

At less than high gold rating, I think people should just pick what they want for the most part. I remember crushing a Malphite top lane as Fiora in the mid 1400's while working my way up to gold. It was no big deal, he thought he should win, BUT HE DID NOT CAUSE FIORA.
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    If you deserve to be in gold you will smash people with fiora in silver. If you don't you probably won't, seeing as how she is pretty bad right now.
    SC2EU/US: Frozenzen.437 Steam: Frozenzen
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular

She does?

Last time I took her mid I bullied Vladimir so hard that I 2v1'd their jungle.

Vlad really can't do shit to Soraka.

Vlad doesn't do anything to anyone before level 6.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
    I wouldn't go so far as to say she is bad.

It's just that there isn't really a role in the meta for her atm. There is a difference between the two.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Tell Sky that Fiora isn't bad and he'll probably laugh at you.
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    out of all the adcs to steal blue by accident at the start of the match

i think ashe is the best

300 volleys later we won the lane/game
    Box Live: TIFunkalicious
    LoL: Nerf Love
    Steam: TIFunk
    Jookie wrote: »

No idea who that is.
    t7pXRdE.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure blue Buff Ezreal, Urgot, or even Sivir would be a bitch and a half to deal with compared to Ashe.
    9e0txHT.gif
    edited May 2013
    Fiora fits mid against APs exactly the same way Zed, Talon, and Kha'zix do. Exactly. She's a phenomenal AD assassin mid. Same thing with top, but with many worse matchups obviously, much like most glass cannons top.
    Joshmvii on
    Fiora fits mid against APs exactly the same way Zed, Talon, and Kha'zix do. Exactly. She's a phenomenal AD assassin mid. Same thing with top, but with many worse matchups obviously, much like most glass cannons top.

Yeah I'm not a fan of her Jungle but I think she has some good matchups in Mid and Top as a counter pick. Her only problem is it's too easy to counterpick HER, but that does not make her inherently bad.
    t7pXRdE.png
    edited May 2013

No idea who that is.

Sky is that black gay guy who made the "this is why your jungle hates you video." He hates Fiora because he said she has no CC and doesn't do anything, but really it's just a bias against melee AD carries without CC because he clearly likes to play champs who have CC. It's fine, but the opinion of some random player of league has no bearing on who is or isn't fine to play in this game.

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2013

Yeah I'm not a fan of her Jungle but I think she has some good matchups in Mid and Top as a counter pick. Her only problem is it's too easy to counterpick HER, but that does not make her inherently bad.

She's honestly easier to kill traditional mid APs with than a lot of assassins just because her double dash means it's impossible to keep her off you without giving up CS totally.
    Joshmvii on

No idea who that is.

Sky is that black gay guy who made the "this is why your jungle hates you video." He hates Fiora because he said she has no CC and doesn't do anything, but really it's just a bias against melee AD carries without CC because he clearly likes to play champs who have CC. It's fine, but the opponent of some random player of league has no bearing on who is or isn't fine to play in this game.

Oh yeah I saw that video. Good video but that guy had some serious Fiora issues :D
    t7pXRdE.png
    I personally think that he feels Fiora is a bad jungler (which she kind of is-she won't really hit critical mass with the lower income and she needs red buff and lane CC to get kills in a gank) and since he used her as an example he kind of just has to keep going back to it. He probably has plenty of champions that he hates a lot too, I can't imagine he'd be a huge fan of Shyvana or Yi jungle either, for example. If I were to play Fiora mid would probably be the only place for me to go with her since I wouldn't be comfortable with her up top. Which means I might know what I'm doing for my next game or two to see how I like it.

Even though I came off a game as raid boss mid Jarvan. Ulting Ashe for 765 damage post "mitigation" is no joke.
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Box Live: TIFunkalicious
    LoL: Nerf Love
    Steam: TIFunk