Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Hm... it'd be great if this headache would go away now, please. -.-

Why do I even have a headache? I rarely get them! :(
    工事中
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Me and this red wine are going to bed.

Judge me at your shoes peril.

I may puke on em.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    My god

I'm sitting here, waiting for Sarksus to tell me to hit play so we can watch an Adventure Time episode together. He starts randomly laughing every couple of minutes and I'm like "What are you laughing at?" and then I realized he hit play without telling me to hit play so we'd sync up.

I'm just saying, if they ask any of you why I would kill him, this JUST MIGHT be my reasoning.

sarksus do you want me to facetime with you while we're in the museum

show you some wicked ahrt

that might be cool actually

kind of weird

but also cool

i was just mocking your long distance relationship (i too have done the synchronized movie thing)

i don't have mobile data

MY MUSEUM PLAN IS RUINED

GOD DAMNIT

besides i have a 3gs

this was doomed from the start
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Parts of Finland look like Appalachia.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    SiG find another way to get those glasses. You earned them. By having impeccable taste.

I know right

how are you?
    NO.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    what's a good percentage of your net income to be spending on monthly bills - like rent/electric/gas/water/parking spot. I'm trying to figure out if this apartment is too much
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    My god

I'm sitting here, waiting for Sarksus to tell me to hit play so we can watch an Adventure Time episode together. He starts randomly laughing every couple of minutes and I'm like "What are you laughing at?" and then I realized he hit play without telling me to hit play so we'd sync up.

I'm just saying, if they ask any of you why I would kill him, this JUST MIGHT be my reasoning.

BAHAHAHAHA

sarks

what did I say about being a stupid slut
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    I like this geo guess game.

look at the landscape. look at the cars. look at the signs and language on the signs. make a guess!
    NO.
    you can pretty much tell if it's america by the cars alone
    NO.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I beat you jake!

10102 points.
    xlh6c3.png
    (my furthest miss was mexico when it was argentina)
    xlh6c3.png
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Parts of Finland look like Appalachia.

I was within one or two countries in Europe of every single one. The only ones I was way off were I put in Appalachia and they were both Finalnd.
    2eg8oiu.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

this scene was masterful

i was losing my shit and it was just so well choreographed
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So It Goes wrote: »
    SiG find another way to get those glasses. You earned them. By having impeccable taste.

I know right

how are you?

Really bad week.

Grandma died.

Might lose my job soon.

Girl dramarama

...the usual.

How are you?
    stevemarks44 on
    2eg8oiu.jpg
    I may puke on em.

but i just washed this shirt!
    I thought north kansas and it was south nebraska

which I'm proud of considering that I've never even been to that continent
    xlh6c3.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    My god

BAHAHAHAHA

sarks

what did I say about being a stupid slut

IT'S THE BEST WAY TO LIVE
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    My god

sarksus do you want me to facetime with you while we're in the museum

show you some wicked ahrt

that might be cool actually

kind of weird

but also cool

i was just mocking your long distance relationship (i too have done the synchronized movie thing)

i don't have mobile data

MY MUSEUM PLAN IS RUINED

And when I murder Chu, y'all will know THIS is the reason.
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I beat you jake!

10102 points.

10k was a rough estimate I think it was like 10500 or 10580 or so :winky:

it was definitely an easy round though - I've done a couple more where 4 of them are just empty roads surrounded by green trees. I keep guessing like Seattle and they end up being Finland
    G2Dcf.jpg
    So It Goes wrote: »

I know right

how are you?

Really bad week.

Grandma died.

Might lose my job soon.

Girl dramarama

...the usual.

How are you?

nooo! sorry steve :(

I'm unemployed
    NO.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    what's a good percentage of your net income to be spending on monthly bills - like rent/electric/gas/water/parking spot. I'm trying to figure out if this apartment is too much

are you looking for a long term arrangement that allows you to save aggressively and all? or is this an impoverished paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle you're gonna have to do? strongly depends on the amount you're working with. percentages only get really meaningful when you're enough above sustenance.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    The Oculus Rift completely supplants your sense of sight in a believable manner. It is Snow Crash shit. Real virtual reality.

i don't see how that will actually change anything about games.

21st you are killing me

I can't believe me yelling VIRTUAL REALITY isn't enough. It's virtual reality! Doesn't every nerd grow up having wet dreams about interacting with immersive game worlds that blur the lines between game and real life.

Do you like Skyrim? I love Skyrim. I loved exploring Skyrim. It was an incredibly immersive game. If I could experience Skyrim as though I were actually there that would be great for me. I wouldn't feel cold, or smell the food or people, but as far as my sense of sight was concerned I wouldn't be looking at a screen, I'd be looking at an actual world.

Yeah, virtual reality is a fun little dream, but it's not gonna be real until you have full-body force feedback.

It doesn't have to be 100% real to be engaging and convincing. Unless you can't drop your guard or suspend your disbelief at all.

Look, i don't need to have a virtual reality helmet on to be immersed. it's a nice idea and i guess you want one, but i don't really think it'll improve games that much.

So do you already think you're in another world while playing a game like Skyrim? You think you're as immersed as it's possible to be?

i didn't say that.

Alright, fuck it, you're right. The occulus rift is the greatest invention ever and without it, playing video games is like punching yourself in the face repeatedly. All hail the occulus rift.

@21st Century don't be a twat.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular

8-)
    CDIOl.png
    You missed with 5.38 km which gave 6049 points.

Bless you random sign.
    y2jake215 wrote: »

are you looking for a long term arrangement that allows you to save aggressively and all? or is this an impoverished paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle you're gonna have to do? strongly depends on the amount you're working with. percentages only get really meaningful when you're enough above sustenance.

it's probably only going to be a year if we take this apartment - they're aggressively trying to fill a new complex and are offering ~$300 off the usual rent. We don't want it at the higher price which is what we'd have to re-up at.

But yeah - we're not really paycheck to paycheck at all at this point, we've got a pretty big safety net. I think we're trying to save as much as possible, but not live in shitty conditions unnecessarily
    G2Dcf.jpg

I mistook Germany for England (countryside)
    NO.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Grandma died.

:c
    Pony wrote: »
    holy fucking shit drop what you are doing and watch this right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

YES

YES THIS
    63 km off¨

(for Dawson City. Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is paying off.)
    xlh6c3.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Like that is literally an astronaut in space doing a cover of Space Oddity

I don't even.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    hrmm

my attempts to DIY a grid search are failing

:(
    it's so cool how just the style of a traffic sign tells me I'm not in the USA
    NO.
    oh god damn it its 11:30 already. I even went upstairs early

bedtime chatters I hope GeoGuessr doesn't show you a picture of my house
    G2Dcf.jpg
    STOP GIVING ME DESERTS
    8 kilometres off

(lucky guess - it was somewhere in baja california, I chose La Paz. It was)
    xlh6c3.png
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Man this game really likes Australia Japan and Brazil
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    time wasted: one hour
    .cz on sign.

Good times.
This discussion has been closed.