Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Atlanta radio has gone straight to shit. Almost all of the stations that used to offer variety have gone to Top 40. We must have like 20 Top 40 stations now.

Bet they are all owned by clear channel.

There was a really good article in the newspaper here about how clear channel has been clearing out local djs and such for the last few years in order to use their national stuff to save money.

They have been doing this with their talk stations as well. One of the better guys we had here who did local politics and a lot of latino issues was thrown off with no notice for one of their national shows.
    falasig.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I should make a thread about the latest EU Hates Our Freedoms insanity.

Please do. Sometimes in America we get very sad because no one else in the world seems to have crazies louder than ours, so it seems like we are the only ones who have them. But I just know that can't be true! Because every once in a while, I hear about, like, the French hating on muslims and I just want more of that in the news TV so I don't feel alone anymore!

You can do some practice-outrage by reading this.

Perfect! A++ would read again.

Also, the ads were as good as the article.

Woman-Eating-Rocks-Multivitamin-220.jpg
    dkmouthsig.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Rand Paul pretty much accused Obama of treason and terrorism in one of those insane pro-gun mass emails, but I guess that's old hat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering
    network_sig2.png
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    Atlanta radio has gone straight to shit. Almost all of the stations that used to offer variety have gone to Top 40. We must have like 20 Top 40 stations now.

Yeah. I've just started archive binging on podcasts.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    spool32 wrote: »
    hah, wow Will.

You really don't like RHCP? I mean, looking at Mother's Milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and then jumping to Stadium Arcadium you don't like any of it?

They have evolved a lot!

yeah they have always rubbed me the wrong way in, like, every iteration.

i blame it on the fact that they're every inch an LA band with an LA sound/ attitude. but who knows why i really dislike them?

i will concede that they're better than most of the other quintessential 90s bands
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    I've seen some post-hipster dudes rock bunned up long hair. It's a better look than the grunge thing anyway, but I mean
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I wish I weren't such a wuss about scary video games. I wanna play Demon's Souls, but the game is too scary for me. :(

I don't play horror games, but I play Demon's Souls.

I don't think I'd call it horror really.
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Bet they are all owned by clear channel.

There was a really good article in the newspaper here about how clear channel has been clearing out local djs and such for the last few years in order to use their national stuff to save money.

They have been doing this with their talk stations as well. One of the better guys we had here who did local politics and a lot of latino issues was thrown off with no notice for one of their national shows.

It's actually about half Clear Channel and half Cumulus Media. So we have duplicates of everything.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Oh Dark Souls is the second one

right I've only played Dark Souls, the new one.

Please do. Sometimes in America we get very sad because no one else in the world seems to have crazies louder than ours, so it seems like we are the only ones who have them. But I just know that can't be true! Because every once in a while, I hear about, like, the French hating on muslims and I just want more of that in the news TV so I don't feel alone anymore!

Lovin' those broad shoulders.

No really. Plus solid traps on girls are a very underappreciated phenomenon.
    network_sig2.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I wish I weren't such a wuss about scary video games. I wanna play Demon's Souls, but the game is too scary for me. :(

I don't play horror games, but I play Demon's Souls.

I don't think I'd call it horror really.

It's pretty scary, damnit!
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Lovin' those broad shoulders.

No really. Plus solid traps on girls are a very underappreciated phenomenon.

That shirt sits really weird on her body. Odd picture all around.
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular

jesus christ marie
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
    i'm eating bits and bobs of baked rice dough glazed with something...
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So, chat, all answer one word so I can build consensus (reasons if you want, it just y/n is greatly appreciated.)

Weezer yay or nay?
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    So, chat, all answer one word so I can build consensus (reasons if you want, it just y/n is greatly appreciated.)

Weezer yay or nay?

Yay. i don't know them, but i'm okay with anyone liking whatever they like.
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Thanks to Will I listen to Stellastarr*, much <3 for that recommendation!

their first album was so good! and their second one was not bad!

i bought their third one but don't know if i listened to it more than once or twice
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I really like corded muscle on women. I think it looks great on anyone really.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I pretty frequently see guys with long hair that they have in a small bun, but a lot lower than in that picture.

They almost always have beards.
    Stellastarr*?

As in the character from Starcrash?

Weezer yay or nay?

Their popular songs are catchy as hell, but there isn't really anything to them. Going to say "nay" because they're pretty much the definition of empty rock-pop.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Apparently the 'man bun' is very fashionable right now?

0126noticed-articleLarge.jpg

I feel like this only works because he is already an attractive dude.

Meanwhile I feel like that doesn't work, and also it's not a man bun it's just a regular bun.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    I pretty frequently see guys with long hair that they have in a small bun, but a lot lower than in that picture.

They're usually accompanied by that carefully maintained 10-15 day stubble for me
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Mr. Bungle is everything RHCP wished they couldve been

Musically, at least. They probably don't wish to trade money piles
    G2Dcf.jpg

Weezer yay or nay?

Yea, but like, only if we're going by free subtraction rules. That's where you get to throw away entire albums and evaluate their worth without counting them. I think it's a fair way to do things.
    dkmouthsig.png

sikh lite
    Eddy wrote: »
    They're usually accompanied by that carefully maintained 10-15 day stubble for me

How many days are the guy in that picture at? I have no idea, because I have Tycho's genetics.

215497326_sk9Ln-L-2.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

Weezer yay or nay?

Their popular songs are catchy as hell, but there isn't really anything to them. Going to say "nay" because they're pretty much the definition of empty rock-pop.

I think it depends on the album. They have changed a lot over the years. What they play now doesn't even sound like what I think of weezer from years ago.
    falasig.png
    weezer was kind of a fun band

though i feel like they put out the same song like ten times
    Irond Will wrote: »

sikh lite

I think these guys are required to watch hockey by their religion.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Weezer is like fastfood. Sometimes you just need some Weezer.

Weezer yay or nay?

I think it depends on the album. They have changed a lot over the years. What they play now doesn't even sound like what I think of weezer from years ago.

As a person who can't really name any of their albums and only listens when it comes up on Rock Band or Pandora, I can't distinguish early/late Weezer.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Meanwhile I feel like that doesn't work, and also it's not a man bun it's just a regular bun.

Attaching "man" to shit totally makes it manly. Just look at all those totally manly grooming products and perfumes that are totally different from the female stuff!
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Yay.
    I like Weezer and River is very entertaining in concert.
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Weezer is like fastfood. Sometimes you just need some Weezer.

This is kinda what I was getting at. Like fast food, you know in your brain that it isn't very good, but sometimes you just have to have a fuckin' Whopper.
    You guys talkin' bout the Hip Hop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urmoo61BJyw
    network_sig2.png

Weezer yay or nay?

As a person who can't really name any of their albums and only listens when it comes up on Rock Band or Pandora, I can't distinguish early/late Weezer.

That's sort of the problem. But also, there are songs like Beverly Hills that are just atrocious and unlike their usual stuff.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

Attaching "man" to shit totally makes it manly. Just look at all those totally manly grooming products and perfumes that are totally different from the female stuff!

Man penis.

It really works!
This discussion has been closed.