Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    oh yeah also fuck the misfits they are so bad

mother is hilarious though

what

you shut your mouth the misfits are great

they are kind of fun in small doses but seriously i dislike glen danzig and his weird punk elvis thing. it totally does nothing for me.
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Ugh, just had to go get a tick dug out of my leg. Fucker was in there tighter than a fish hook, they actually had to numb it and cut me, goddamnit.

whaaaaat

Like the head and the little mouth bits were half a centimeter deep, how the fuck does an insect 3 mm long manage that?!

well uh

first off it isn't an insect

second off like this
    W0609b-2.jpg

I was waiting for this post.

Never change.

But you know maybe work on your timing, I literally had a nice young lady digging a hole in my ankle for ten minutes. :p

:winky:

Also! She didn't do the anaesthetic until minute seven.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I dont think MTV was ever really "Good". They've always churned out shit for 12-18 year olds

They're still really good at it! Although I suspect it's partially because it's really easy influencing the social norms of teenagers...

Kurt Loder is STILL doing MTV News...
    Jesus Christ.

Holy shit! That dude is still rocking the news?

You know who is not rocking the news, but is still ridiculously hot?

Tabitha Soren

1294856587-tabitha_soren_by_todd_hido.jpg

That is the face of a 43-year-old woman.

She's also a talented photographer, but of course whatever artistic talents she has are secondary to her status as a beautiful woman.

1294855809-30560-5.jpg
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Did Will ever say whether he likes NIN
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Why do we always say that 'omg girls who have sex too much are gross and stretched out'

why can't we go

'omg guys who have too much sex have worn their penis down to a nub'

Because a penis is a muscle, and the more sex you have the bigger it grows? This is also why Aaron's is shaped like your cooter. ;)
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Oh this is bullshit. My wife is doing a conference in Austin, but it's from Sunday to Tuesday...
    There isn't a good night drinking day in that trip at all.
    boooooo

when is it again

maybe I will take a day off

Arriving June 23AM - Departing June 25PM
    I'll probably go anyway because YOLO
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • tapeslingertapeslinger utter Yog-Sothothery mmm, soulsRegistered User regular
    I dont think MTV was ever really "Good". They've always churned out shit for 12-18 year olds

They're still really good at it! Although I suspect it's partially because it's really easy influencing the social norms of teenagers...

Jesus Christ.

well, figure he's still got about 10 years to catch up to the Cryptkeeper
    Hey! You! Go bid on awesome things! http://solidsaints.com
    jayxwolf.com || twit || fb || writing || ravelry || dA || g++
    Feral wrote: »
    There hasn't been a single bad decade for music since the advent of radio*.

Anybody who says "X0s music sucked!" is just being silly.

* except for the 1990s

totally agree!
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Noooo, why did someone revive one of my threads? That is like the worst thing that can happen.
    vspgsp.jpg
    spool32 wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Honestly, music is yet another venue for people to define themselves through the practice of consumption.
    to fight consumerism I will now only consume awful things like Jeff Foxworthy stand up, smooth jazz music, and Kraft mac and cheese

i will pirate the git er dun guy's shows and run them on loop as a webcast

Larry the Cable guy has about 95% of his audience fooled into thinking that's what he's really like.

Dude is brilliant and an excellent showman.

i read that he is from nebraska

the southern pride thing is kind of weird considering
    kaleedity wrote: »
    The Ramones' political views really surprised me, but then I thought about it and I guess it wasn't really surprising that a bunch of angry urban-rednecks were huge reaganites and bush supporters

wasn't one really aligned one away and the other really aligned the other way

And they weren't actually brothers named Ramone! :oops: :v: O_o
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Oh this is bullshit. My wife is doing a conference in Austin, but it's from Sunday to Tuesday...
    boooooo

Screw it, I'll take the Monday off, if I don't have a new job.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

Jesus Christ.

You know who is not rocking the news, but is still ridiculously hot?

Tabitha Soren

1294856587-tabitha_soren_by_todd_hido.jpg

That is the face of a 43-year-old woman.

I just got the weirdest flashback boner.
    "Hello, Old Friend"
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    The penis is not a muscle, it is a blood sack.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Ugh...get to try and talk to someone at the Post Office about why they only gave me $37.50 for my insurance claim on a $1200 radio they ruined in shipping.

This is going to be fun.

Please hold for the next available agent...your estimated wait time is 9 minutes.
    steam_sig.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Why do we always say that 'omg girls who have sex too much are gross and stretched out'

why can't we go

Because a penis is a muscle, and the more sex you have the bigger it grows? This is also why Aaron's is shaped like your cooter. ;)

This sounds scientifically accurate. Let's go with this.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »

why can't we go

No it's not! It's a large vascular organ!

But you can still break it and it can hurt if you don't use it enough then do a lot at once.

Much to my chagrin.

Anyway, work time!
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    There hasn't been a single bad decade for music since the advent of radio*.

Anybody who says "X0s music sucked!" is just being silly.

* except for the 1990s

Hi, I'm Derpy Will, and I'm a derpy derp who derps about music! Derp!

I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Ugh, just had to go get a tick dug out of my leg. Fucker was in there tighter than a fish hook, they actually had to numb it and cut me, goddamnit.

whaaaaat

Like the head and the little mouth bits were half a centimeter deep, how the fuck does an insect 3 mm long manage that?!

well uh

first off it isn't an insect

second off like this
    W0609b-2.jpg

I was waiting for this post.

Never change.

But you know maybe work on your timing, I literally had a nice young lady digging a hole in my ankle for ten minutes. :p

:winky:

Also! She didn't do the anaesthetic until minute seven.

:shock:
    Lh96QHG.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    fuck yeah free music
    techno electronic supersonic hooked on phonics daft punk
    Winky wrote: »
    The penis is not a muscle, it is a blood sack.

Speak for yourself
    I grew up in the country at the height of the Lyme Disease panic. ticks were a big scare thing

I grew up in northwest CT and actually got lyme disease. (#oneupsmanship) These days it's no big deal. You spot the bite or the symptoms, you take doxycycline for a while, you're all set. It was only a big problem when doctors had no idea what the fuck was going on and let it run unchecked for years, at which point there was permanent neurological damage.

there are a number of people for whom lyme disease is part of the chronic pain/ fibromyalgia spectrum of "i feel like something's chronically wrong with me but can't find a doctor to agree to an actual diagnosis"
    I don't mind the Ramones, and used to like them a lot until my taste broadened and I found stuff I liked a bit better... Their stuff was just perfect for the period and to pioneer e mosh pit, as well, but I never listen to them anymore unless it's, like, randomly I'm a TV Show or Movie. I'd say they're one of the most overrated punk bands.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    boooooo

when is it again

maybe I will take a day off

Arriving June 23AM - Departing June 25PM
    I'll probably go anyway because YOLO

hmm that sucks I have the 21st off already

maybe I can take the monday off too
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    the suicide machines first album, destruction by definition, was amazing and had a sort of post-ska reggae feel

like if operation ivy had grown up and learned how to play their instruments and write good songs

then everything they released after that was utter shit from a butt
    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    I grew up in the country at the height of the Lyme Disease panic. ticks were a big scare thing

I grew up in northwest CT and actually got lyme disease. (#oneupsmanship) These days it's no big deal. You spot the bite or the symptoms, you take doxycycline for a while, you're all set. It was only a big problem when doctors had no idea what the fuck was going on and let it run unchecked for years, at which point there was permanent neurological damage.

there are a number of people for whom lyme disease is part of the chronic pain/ fibromyalgia spectrum of "i feel like something's chronically wrong with me but can't find a doctor to agree to an actual diagnosis"

Now wait, lyme disease can be detected through blood samples.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Did Will ever say whether he likes NIN

i liked NIN. kind of stopped listening to them after downward spiral. i'm not sure if they got any better or worse but i just kind of got tired of trent reznor's thing, i guess.

pretty hate machine was a great album
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Now wait, lyme disease can be detected through blood samples.

Lyme disease and "chronic lyme disease" are different things
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Augh, i hate my dumb cell phone. It sucks... i should've gotten a better one. :(
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    Holy Christ in a Handbasket. Tabitha Soren. I'ts a blast from the past all up in here. Used to see them both in between vidoes when I'd be sitting at home chilling on summer break. Still remember Kurt Loder's interview with this skin head on some special they did. He was so cool and calm through the whole thing.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    there is no such thing as a bad NIN album. There merely exists people who are not ready for that album in question.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    chronic lyme disease is just fatigue due to smoking too much chronic
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Ludious wrote: »
    there is no such thing as a bad NIN album. There merely exists people who are not ready for that album in question.

Wither, Blister, Burn, and Peel wasn't that great.
    Somatic disorders are very interesting.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

Yes, I have met quite a few of these people. In grad school, one of my lab partners had a girlfriend like this who swore she had lyme and was in and out of mental health facilities for the longest time. I don't know what it is about the disease that seems to make it stick hard for people with medical paranoias.

Semi-related, there are also a number of people who pick at their skin until they have a bunch of perpetually open raw sores. Then they sit on a couch or go to bed and a bunch of cloth fibers get stuck in their weepy scabs and they all swear they have an undiagnosed medical condition in which fibers are growing from their skin.
    dkmouthsig.png
This discussion has been closed.