Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I don't know what I weigh.

I generally judge how well I've been eating lately by waistband tightness and the visible vascularity of my forearms.

Though I did get the BMI talk from a medical student that was doing my history when I was admitted to hospital because the calculation says "overweight".
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i am 6'1 and i think the lowest i have ever been is 145lbs, and that was scary for me

i am 175 right now and i still think i am too thin

i'm your height. i'm at around 190 right now and would like to get down to around 170-175. i looked and felt better at that weight

not sure i'd want to be all the way back down to like 150. that was pretty thin

190ish is my ideal weight

can we trade bodies

sure!

hope you like guts!
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I have a naturally small frame, I hate it. I have trouble exercising my shoulders due to injuries, and they're naturally not broad which just amplifies it
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I need to lose about 60 more lbs

fuck it when you've lost 200, what's another 60

30% more...
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    i need to lose like one hundred pounds at least maybe one fifty
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Just got out-bid on yet another house, making us a solid 0 for 4.

Fuck this housing market. Fuck it hard.

On the bright side, yaaaaaay economy!

But yeah hope you get something soon.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    so the mathematical condition "x >= 1" expresses "x is more than or equal to one". in common english, assuming the value 1 was a proper value for x, we might associate this with the words "x is sufficient" or "x is enough"

is there a similar word for the condition "x <= 1" or "x is up to but not more than this amount"?

obviously it's "X SUX"
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    grilled cheese and a beer. The world is a bit closer to something I can handle.
    xlh6c3.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    so the mathematical condition "x >= 1" expresses "x is more than or equal to one". in common english, assuming the value 1 was a proper value for x, we might associate this with the words "x is sufficient" or "x is enough"

is there a similar word for the condition "x <= 1" or "x is up to but not more than this amount"?

"cannot exceed"?
    "less than or equal to" would be my preference
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i need to lose about 3000 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyIXy8bI7Yw
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    i am 6'1 and i think the lowest i have ever been is 145lbs, and that was scary for me

i am 175 right now and i still think i am too thin

i'm your height. i'm at around 190 right now and would like to get down to around 170-175. i looked and felt better at that weight

not sure i'd want to be all the way back down to like 150. that was pretty thin

190ish is my ideal weight

can we trade bodies

sure!

hope you like guts!

no no this is like the pound of flesh thing where i get to choose where it comes from
    919UOwT.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Hrm. Couples spa day maybe?
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

30% more...

It's really more like 40lbs.

Cass level real talk?

20lbs of that is loose skin that isn't naturally losable.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Oh also whatever this digestive ailment is it seems to be keeping me from putting on muscle which blows
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    omg i should book a couples spa day for me and aaron for our seven or eight year i can't remember which it is

*frantically googles*
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    i get these manic-ish states every so often

they're like tiny revolutions

THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE AROUND HERE
    I'M GOING TO FIX EVERYTHING
    I'M GOING TO

and by the next morning the regime has retaken control, rounded up and shot the ringleaders, and put the propagandist to work double-time

"CLEAN ALL THE THINGS."

It's a pretty common experience that I think a lot of us suffer from.
    not really in that sense

more like I'M GOING TO MAKE MY LIFE NOT SHIT

basically every so often i get positive for a few hours and it's a disaster
    Per3th.jpg
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I still need to lose about 100lbs

:(

Do you even lift?

Because if not, you should. And run. The actual mechanisms of getting into shape are not complicated; it's the discipline and time commitment that holds people back, imo (myself included).

yes

though on a hiatus due to exams and going on holiday next week

i'll be back into lifting and eating right at the start of june

up to and including? That's common enough isn't it?
    xlh6c3.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    The insidious thing about my brand of mania is that you think you're just having a really good day and you've finally gotten healthy. In fact, why am I even taking these meds? I feel great. I could wrestle a bear.

for me, my mania causes laser-focus. Like most people who struggle with bipolar when I'm manic I'll start projects or have ideas and smash into them with crazy amounts of effort. But even when I don't do that, I'll like... lose myself in playing video games for six hours.

Not in a depressed "I'm playing video games to just pass the time" kind of way, but in this really engrossed "HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS GAME" kind of way and then I'm like "oh fuck it's 5 am"

hah, yeah. Which can be a useful mindset to be in on occasion.

i am playing neverwinter right now and some of the dudes, like a week in, have already hit level cap

and i am like

how do you find the time to hit level cap on an mmo in a week

and still watch as much anime as you do?
    gooey just hang out with me

you'll hit that target weight in no time
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    The insidious thing about my brand of mania is that you think you're just having a really good day and you've finally gotten healthy. In fact, why am I even taking these meds? I feel great. I could wrestle a bear.

for me, my mania causes laser-focus. Like most people who struggle with bipolar when I'm manic I'll start projects or have ideas and smash into them with crazy amounts of effort. But even when I don't do that, I'll like... lose myself in playing video games for six hours.

Not in a depressed "I'm playing video games to just pass the time" kind of way, but in this really engrossed "HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS GAME" kind of way and then I'm like "oh fuck it's 5 am"

i am playing neverwinter right now and some of the dudes, like a week in, have already hit level cap

and i am like

my top level character is still 16.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

and i am like

multitasking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CirgVj8Baw
    tyrannus wrote: »
    gooey just hang out with me

you'll hit that target weight in no time

i am coming to nyc in june

lets eat a million wings or something
    919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Thanks @syndalis ! Couldn't be somewhat without your help. :)

Glad to help.

Its funny - Google's apps for iOS are in many ways superior to their own offerings for Android.

I have no idea why they do it that way, but I am totally not complaining.
    meat.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    omg i should book a couples spa day for me and aaron for our seven or eight year i can't remember which it is

*frantically googles*

Cass, your lady card is about to be revoked.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

30% more...

Cass level real talk?

Yeah, that's a huge problem. And surgery for that kind of thing is expensive and leaves huge scars. C'mon human body, fricken adapt already.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

30% more...

Cass level real talk?

You'll lose it with time. It's not "skin" -- it's subcutaneous fat that is, iirc, the last type of fat you generally lose.
    network_sig2.png
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    i get these manic-ish states every so often

they're like tiny revolutions

THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE AROUND HERE
    I'M GOING TO FIX EVERYTHING
    I'M GOING TO

and by the next morning the regime has retaken control, rounded up and shot the ringleaders, and put the propagandist to work double-time

"CLEAN ALL THE THINGS."

It's a pretty common experience that I think a lot of us suffer from.
    not really in that sense

more like I'M GOING TO MAKE MY LIFE NOT SHIT

basically every so often i get positive for a few hours and it's a disaster

Oh, yeah, I know.

"CLEAN ALL THE THINGS" is just a component of the larger stratagem for fixing everything suddenly and becoming a real adult, seizing your potential, etc.
    vspgsp.jpg
    accountants of dune

the spice must be capitalized

obviously it's "X SUX"

how do they even let you accounts out of school?
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I think my favorite part is that Dune Messiah is on there twice
    JKKaAGp.png

obviously it's "X SUX"

how do they even let you accounts out of school?
    we need as many accountants as possible to keep track of how ugly you are

"cannot exceed"?
    "less than or equal to" would be my preference

yeah i'm working on this project for a social scientist. he'd rather have common-use than precision
    isnt skin sort of elastic and you lose the excess eventually?
    919UOwT.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Just got out-bid on yet another house, making us a solid 0 for 4.

Fuck this housing market. Fuck it hard.

Let's you and me share our funds and buy a time machine to the 1990s when we can afford to buy nice houses somewhere
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Guys don't drink the water out of your still suits

it tastes really bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

God every time I link this or see this linked I want them to do the whole movie so bad
    override367 on

skin loses elasticity. I suppose in time it could retract, but umm.. I don't know a severely obese person who became thin who ever like....just lost their skin flap on their own.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

The older you get and the more skin you have the less likely it will spring back to taut.

In other words, lose weight while you are young.
    meat.jpg

and i am like

dual monitors
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.