Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Also good news, my CGA accountant mom says 401Ks are illegal in Canada and that we have RSPs for retirement, and they are much fairer in terms of fees.

I love this country.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    skippy will you explain why you are a fak

it is my nature

can you catch a rainbow in a jar?

no

such is mango
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Oh thank god at least the Cubs didn't shut out the Rockies.

Still getting stomped by the Cubbies.

ARG!

And with that to the pub.
    falasig.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Academic Dress is fun. If I ever become a Uni librarian/archivist and wind up having to wear it multiple times a year I'll just go out and buy the whole thing.

Then randomly wear it at bars with some professor friends while we talk to each other in shitty latin.
    tea-1.jpg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    That was a really good series though, and it was great to see the Leafs back in the playoffs.

Now I just want to find a Bruins fan, tell them no hard feelings, wish them luck in the next series, and give 'em a big ol' hug.

... And start squeezing tighter and tighter, whispering "Shh, don't fight. It'll be over soon."

Wait, no. NO!

Not that part.

Bad Brad.

I may have started watching game of thrones at 4-1

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! It was said that you would destroy the Bruins, not join them! Bring balance to [chat], not leave it in darkness!

You were my brother, Jake! I loved you. :(

I told you the Bruins would blow it when it was 3-1! And my prophecy almost came true. I guess it became a huge reverse jinx instead

It's not even the sadness that's so bad.

It's having to talk to everyone about it tomorrow.

It's like a breakup I never wanted! It's too fresh, I can't talk about it now!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    That Amy's Baking Company Kitchen Nightmare is amazing... and nuts...

It is amazing that a business would have a private twitter account.

Part of me hopes it's really some kind of elaborate trolling.

Wait, what?

What's that mean? is it a twitter account no one can follow?

Also apparently that was the first restaurant Gordon completely gave up on... It's such a shame because holy shit, that kitchen wasn't disgusting... The deserts looked good... And yet...

Wow... There's one more example of why i need to take criticism if i want to succeed.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    But yes we basically have Skype going a shitload

HENCE ALL OF THE BITCHING I DO ABOUT SKYPE FUCK SKYPE

Yes, any time he is bitching about Skype, it's because of something we're doing.

Skype fucks up a lot of e-things.

:winky: ?
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular

it is my nature

no

such is mango

do u have ms word

also are you drinking miller lite

if not why are you not drinking miller lite
    sig.gif
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, I just saw the mother and all I can say is
    Her?!
    Mim on
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Her?!

who is it, throw it in spoilers, I'll almost certainly never get around to watching.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    We get home from work, let the dogs out, they do their thing. Nickie lets them back in, takes them downstairs to feed them, and starts yelling. The dachshund has a mouse, a dead one. Nickie gets it away from the dog, who immediately runs over to where two very alive, very baby mice are and grabs another one. Cue more yelling, me running downstairs. Pick up the two very weak baby mice, stick them in a box.

Our cats have been sitting at the back door for almost two weeks now, just watching a little gap at the base of it. We figured they heard noise or something. Apparently mice had gotten in and made some babies. By the condition of the babies, we think the cats have either already killed the mother, or scared it away and it stopped feeding the babies, which is why they left the nest looking for food in their weakened state.

So I'm upstairs with Nickie, and two baby grey mice in a box that are barely moving. She says there's no way we're keeping them, I say ok, we either put them in the freezer or hold them up to the car exhaust then.

Which, you know, is a very bad thing to say to a woman who is 16 weeks pregnant the day after mother's day about two tiny helpless babies, despite the fact they're mice.

So I'm sitting at my desk with them both in in my shirt pocket to keep them warm after feeding them formula. I am a gigantic sucker.
    h1DI1.jpg

it is my nature

no

such is mango

51300_A2_Double_Rainbow_Maker.jpg

MoMA Double Rainbow Maker
    tea-1.jpg
    moniker wrote: »
    Academic Dress is fun. If I ever become a Uni librarian/archivist and wind up having to wear it multiple times a year I'll just go out and buy the whole thing.

Then randomly wear it at bars with some professor friends while we talk to each other in shitty latin.

two of the most baller things while teaching college

1) smoke pipe, read essay

2) drink pint at bar, grade papers
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Her?!

How I Met Your Egg?

ann+veal.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Bruins lost? Sad face.

I never really cared about the Leafs, even though I live an hour outside Toronto, but damn if my ex's roommates and their rabid love of the Bruins didn't rub off on me some; I was in a New England pub where their band was playing music and during the interim the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. I lost my hearing for a good half hour from all the cheering after that. It was a memorable experience.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).

it is my nature

no

such is mango

do u have ms word

also are you drinking miller lite

if not why are you not drinking miller lite

no my shit is broken
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Her?!

who is it, throw it in spoilers, I'll almost certainly never get around to watching.
    this chick from that 30 Rock Episode where TGS hates women

30_rock_tgs_hates_women.png
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    no wait I have my work computer I can fire it up

what do you need
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i discovered today after reformatting my aunt's computer that msn messenger has been folded into skype? my aunt was like I USE MSN CAN YOU DOWNLOAD THAT

and google was like

actually msn messenger is now windows live messenger

then the next link said

actually windows live messenger is now skype + facebook im

da fukk

msn has been windows live messenger for a while now.

No idea about the Skype thing.

Wait, what?

Also apparently that was the first restaurant Gordon completely gave up on... It's such a shame because holy shit, that kitchen wasn't disgusting... The deserts looked good... And yet...

Wow... There's one more example of why i need to take criticism if i want to succeed.

You have to request to become a follower and only those followers can see any of your tweets. It's a shockingly dumb system, pretty much just like an e-mail list only with a 140 character limit and exclusivity.
    Sarksus wrote: »
    But yes we basically have Skype going a shitload

HENCE ALL OF THE BITCHING I DO ABOUT SKYPE FUCK SKYPE

Yes, any time he is bitching about Skype, it's because of something we're doing.

Skype fucks up a lot of e-things.

:winky: ?

Yes, people do use Skype for that, and yes, it sucks ass a lot because Skype constantly gets updates that more often then not fuck up more then they fix, and break previously functional stuff like sound stability.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    mim what are you doing this week

Cleaning the house and trying to figure out what the hell to do for dinner this week because we didn't do proper grocery shopping.

OH, and on the 18th..or the 16th, I'm doing a survey thing for 4 hours and I'm getting paid for it!

why

edit: and then this saturday hanging out with you and elendil.

i was just curious i wasn't schemin
    We get home from work, let the dogs out, they do their thing. Nickie lets them back in, takes them downstairs to feed them, and starts yelling. The dachshund has a mouse, a dead one. Nickie gets it away from the dog, who immediately runs over to where two very alive, very baby mice are and grabs another one. Cue more yelling, me running downstairs. Pick up the two very weak baby mice, stick them in a box.

Our cats have been sitting at the back door for almost two weeks now, just watching a little gap at the base of it. We figured they heard noise or something. Apparently mice had gotten in and made some babies. By the condition of the babies, we think the cats have either already killed the mother, or scared it away and it stopped feeding the babies, which is why they left the nest looking for food in their weakened state.

So I'm upstairs with Nickie, and two baby grey mice in a box that are barely moving. She says there's no way we're keeping them, I say ok, we either put them in the freezer or hold them up to the car exhaust then.

Which, you know, is a very bad thing to say to a woman who is 16 weeks pregnant the day after mother's day about two tiny helpless babies, despite the fact they're mice.

So I'm sitting at my desk with them both in in my shirt pocket to keep them warm after feeding them formula. I am a gigantic sucker.

haha

feed to cats, plead ignorance
    i need to email u a thing

then u try to open it in word

then u tell me if u succeed

if u do not, u tell me whether it's due to a computer problem with the document or whether it's due to

well

you know
    sig.gif
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Also good news, my CGA accountant mom says 401Ks are illegal in Canada and that we have RSPs for retirement, and they are much fairer in terms of fees.

I love this country.

the fees on 401Ks are just

ludicrous

like it is a lot more than you'd think
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

Wait, what?

You have to request to become a follower and only those followers can see any of your tweets. It's a shockingly dumb system, pretty much just like an e-mail list only with a 140 character limit and exclusivity.

That doesn't surprise me of them.

They wouldn't want haters to read their exclusive tweets.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

Cum laude jokes don't work as well as pick up lines as you might think.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    Bruins lost? Sad face.

I never really cared about the Leafs, even though I live an hour outside Toronto, but damn if my ex's roommates and their rabid love of the Bruins didn't rub off on me some; I was in a New England pub where their band was playing music and during the interim the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. I lost my hearing for a good half hour from all the cheering after that. It was a memorable experience.

No no no, The Bruins won.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    It looks like they've added more controls to Google Hangouts. You can also mess with the bandwidth you give it. But there's so much white space! If I go full screen I want to only see the video, not white borders too!

But it uses less CPU/RAM than Skype.

Fuck it I'll use it.
    I used Logitech Vid, the program bundled with the webcams me and my ex used for everyday chatting and sometimes other things that works quite well, but is choppy at times.

It's better then Skype, but only marginally.

two of the most baller things while teaching college

1) smoke pipe, read essay

2) drink pint at bar, grade papers

Oh I would definitely be a tweedy professor. Like, I already have a couple bowties that I wear randomly and I rather like the character of rough woven suits. No leather elbow patches, though. That's just wrong. Get it mended properly or replace the jacket.
    tea-1.jpg

Cleaning the house and trying to figure out what the hell to do for dinner this week because we didn't do proper grocery shopping.

OH, and on the 18th..or the 16th, I'm doing a survey thing for 4 hours and I'm getting paid for it!

why

Yeah, I'm trying to not do too much until I see my doc about my legs. Tomorrow I gotta rake my lawn though :|

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEK, CHU
    skippy i am starting the episode now
    Bruins lost? Sad face.

Bruins won. They came back for an OT win from being down 4-1 in the 3rd.
    Her?!

Here she is in HIMYM:

mwQy8De.jpg

why

Yeah, I'm trying to not do too much until I see my doc about my legs. Tomorrow I gotta rake my lawn though :|

hmm i dunno

i will probably try do some maffs

i also have to go to welfare this week n.m

why

schemin
    sig.gif
    i need to email u a thing

then u try to open it in word

then u tell me if u succeed

if u do not, u tell me whether it's due to a computer problem with the document or whether it's due to

well

you know

god

my computer is all in my car

you owe me big time

are you sending my yahoo or my gmail
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    Fuuuuckk.... like 900 students at my commencement. About one name every 6 seconds. An hour and a fucking half of just sitting there listening to names being read off. After a bunch of stupid ass speeches and an 1.5 hours getting shit ready.

Sooo lame and long and boring, to go get an empty diploma holder dealie.

Fuck this particular noise. When I get my master's, eventually, I don't give a crap what my family wants. I'm just not sitting through this sort of shit again.

I sat through undergrad because my parents paid for it and they wanted it.

I am doing my MA walk because I paid for it and damn it I am going to walk.

I didn't get to walk for my MSc because I was three thousand miles away.

I will always regret that.

Instead I sat in my bedroom and ate a medium pizza.

It's just, like, people came from hundreds and thousands of miles, and instead of doing stuff with them, I got to sit around a bunch of people I don't know being bored and uncomfortable. There's about a billion more fun things that could have occurred.

Sure, they're not for everyone.

But I love a good ceremony and tradition.

Also my MSc walk happened here:

tKI50GJ.jpg

And I would've worn this:

LTeeifY.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
    tyrannus wrote: »

I love this country.

the fees on 401Ks are just

ludicrous

like it is a lot more than you'd think

2-5% in fees and investment "options" alone can cost you tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars off your retirement fund, and totally fuck over your ability to retire before your seventy, if ever. That is absolute total bullshit.
This discussion has been closed.