Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I am apparently not high enough in level to solo the cloak tower. Shoot.

lol what level are you?
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    skippy i kinda need to know that its a well-formed document

how do you read a word doc on ipad
    sig.gif
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Oddly enough, the only trouble with Skype I have is that it takes way too damn long for it to recognize that my webcam does, in fact, have a working microphone. Picture works great, microphone will not correctly register at the same time. o.O

Otherwise, using it for voice calling works perfectly well. Plus, having three free, local Syndey numbers that forward to my parent's cell phones/house phone in the US is incredibly convenient.
    工事中
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Corehealer

For the crimes of

a) Not know about RSPs and RRSPs while being Canadian

and

b) Being a Bruins fan while being Canadian

I sentence you to be hanged from the neck until

it pleases me, at which point you will be free to go.

a) I know about them now, because my mom is a smart accountant and told me all about it a few minutes ago.

b) I'm allowed to like non Canadian teams if I want and still like the REAL Canadian team, TEAM CANADA AT THE OLYMPICS. Liking hockey is the real important thing here, and I do. It's in the blood now after 22 years of living here.

There's a reason I'm letting you off with a warning-hanging!

... Perhaps I should be more sensitive about making hanging-related jokes.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Also good news, my CGA accountant mom says 401Ks are illegal in Canada and that we have RSPs for retirement, and they are much fairer in terms of fees.

I love this country.

the fees on 401Ks are just

ludicrous

like it is a lot more than you'd think

2-5% in fees and investment "options" alone can cost you tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars off your retirement fund, and totally fuck over your ability to retire before your seventy, if ever. That is absolute total bullshit.

i was talking more like actively managed funds that get like, .78 for the expense ratio. and then they don't beat the index 2 outta 3 times. but that stuff about the 2-5% in fees is just holy shit. like, none of our managed accounts are even close to 5%

You guys really need to neuter that Wall Street bull, I tell ya.

the canadian government, or rather the canadian revenue agency told me I had to file a non-resident canadian trust return and pay Part I tax when I called them up, when it is, in fact, exempt from Part I tax! so you don't get to gloat about how nice it is because your revenue agents don't know what the hell is goin on
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    shut up carson daly i don't care about the air conditioning being off you mook
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy do i have to watch blake shelton coaching scenes i do not like him

no nothing great happens there

usher/shakira coaching or bust
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    OH MY FUCKING GOD

VbiLQXs.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    babby mouse

when you let them go free in a field two weeks from now, 9/10 they will be eaten by a hungry something within the hour

I dont know how but you can, nbd
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I want that in me.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    from sea to shining sea
    turtlesig.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Hello all. How are you this glorious night.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy do i have to watch blake shelton coaching scenes i do not like him

no nothing great happens there

usher/shakira coaching or bust

Wait... you guys are watching The Voice?
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

I dont know how but you can, nbd

There's an app for that.
    redx on
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    fuck

it looks like shit on ipad

ITS GOING TO TAKE ME LIKE 3 MIN TO FIRE UP MY COMPUTER
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Also good news, my CGA accountant mom says 401Ks are illegal in Canada and that we have RSPs for retirement, and they are much fairer in terms of fees.

I love this country.

ludicrous

2-5% in fees and investment "options" alone can cost you tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars off your retirement fund, and totally fuck over your ability to retire before your seventy, if ever. That is absolute total bullshit.

i was talking more like actively managed funds that get like, .78 for the expense ratio. and then they don't beat the index 2 outta 3 times. but that stuff about the 2-5% in fees is just holy shit. like, none of our managed accounts are even close to 5%

You guys really need to neuter that Wall Street bull, I tell ya.

the canadian government, or rather the canadian revenue agency told me I had to file a non-resident canadian trust return and pay Part I tax when I called them up, when it is, in fact, exempt from Part I tax! so you don't get to gloat about how nice it is because your revenue agents don't know what the hell is goin on

O_o

Well, that's a thing to ask mom about tomorrow seeing as she works in the Ministry of Finance...
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I have no bacon, and it's apparently bacon week. So... not happy :(

You?
    工事中
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

lol what level are you?

I'm too high in level for the queue, and I never see any of you folk on.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    babby mouse

when you let them go free in a field two weeks from now, 9/10 they will be eaten by a hungry something within the hour

Yeah, I won't be letting them go, Nickie was borderline in tears when I suggested the freezer or the car exhaust.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I want that in me.

Sarksus eats enough of those waffle tacos and you will.

You are what you eat.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Really, I just want to clear my quest log.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I have no bacon, and it's apparently bacon week. So... not happy :(

You?

Pretty good.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    I want that in me.

The mouse?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    all i need to know is whether its a wellformed doc or not

i dont need u to review it :(
    sig.gif
    Corehealer

For the crimes of

a) Not know about RSPs and RRSPs while being Canadian

and

b) Being a Bruins fan while being Canadian

I sentence you to be hanged from the neck until

it pleases me, at which point you will be free to go.

a) I know about them now, because my mom is a smart accountant and told me all about it a few minutes ago.

b) I'm allowed to like non Canadian teams if I want and still like the REAL Canadian team, TEAM CANADA AT THE OLYMPICS. Liking hockey is the real important thing here, and I do. It's in the blood now after 22 years of living here.

There's a reason I'm letting you off with a warning-hanging!

... Perhaps I should be more sensitive about making hanging-related jokes.

Would be a good idea, I think. Seeing as some lady apparently did just that on Twitch last night.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    PowderPupae

I apparently have MS Word 2010, if Skippy is too weak to help you.

Skippy

Are you too weak?
    @skippydumptruck is weak like babby

all hair narhwal
    sig.gif
    usher criticizing his dancing

amazing
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

I love this country.

ludicrous

Have you ever met a guy who manages stocks for a living? Never invest in a managed fund. And index funds are typically pretty cheap fee wise. I think my S&P-500 is 0.02% and 0.07% for a broad bond index.

that's not necessarily good advice either.say you held a slew of muni bonds, most of which are a year or two years before first call. after first call hits, the FMV of the bond'll drop. someone managing that account'll (hopefully) pick up on that and rotate it out. otherwise you lose out

Should, yes, but on the whole and over a long enough time period I doubt they'll manage to beat the market that often. Certainly not enough to justify the loss of funds due to elevated fee rates eating into my gross yield in comparison.

I mean, if this was fun money that I was just playing with then yeah I'd be comfortable risking it on various things. It's my retirement, though, and I don't want to have to actively pay attention to this shit for 40 years in order to not become a hobo/robbed by bankers.
    tea-1.jpg

well uh what do you want to hear

like I would make formatting suggestions

lol what level are you?

I'm too high in level for the queue, and I never see any of you folk on.

I stopped at 27 because of school starting up and me getting a bit bored of it already and feeling a bit disenfranchised because of the BS way they have the different currencies and F2P financial structure worked out.

There's going to be a lot of gold devaluation soon.
    Having another moment here

Need an adult

Googled my name again, as one does from time to time

This time 'cause I was being lazy and wanted to anticipate the repercussions of just posting my email address in [chat]

Anyway apparently one of the top results for my name now is my old wedding website!

Apparently I've been a newlywed for 310 days now!

*select the gun, then select Narwhal's positive mood*
    I also, like many people, am not an economist and don't care about my retirement or the funds I should be caring about in regards to it until I am actually old enough to want to use it. That's part of the problem, and given the complexity of such things, I can't blame a lot of people for getting fucked by 401Ks and the more complex stuff in general in this regard.

well uh what do you want to hear

like I would make formatting suggestions

i mean as long as it opened up in english characters that form words i am p comfortable with it i think

u think the formatting sux?
    sig.gif
    Gold is already pretty much worthless.

It's only good to buy your first mount and some occasional item off vendors.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I want that in me.

The mouse?

The taco.
    I want that in me.

Sarksus eats enough of those waffle tacos and you will.

You are what you eat.

So you're saying I'm going to end up banging a giant taco.

Wow, I really am becoming a lesbian.
    look i'm not trying to slut shame but it's quite obvious that our friend shakira is getting some help in this episode from her friends at victoria's secret
    Having another moment here

Need an adult

Googled my name again, as one does from time to time

This time 'cause I was being lazy and wanted to anticipate the repercussions of just posting my email address in [chat]

Anyway apparently one of the top results for my name now is my old wedding website!

Apparently I've been a newlywed for 310 days now!

*select the gun, then select Narwhal's positive mood*

I'll pull the trigger, if you can't do it. I'll make it quick, I promise.

I love you Narwhal. You'll get through this bro.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    How does Ted Mosby have any friends.
This discussion has been closed.