Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• MimMim Registered User regular
    Apparently they revealed the mother on HIMYM.

Now I'm trying to catch up.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    TNG movie Wrath of Khan would have had Picard yelling one liners while having an even fist fight with a genetically engineered superman and ugh.

in the (shitty) movies maybe

but picard wasn't really a fisticuffs kind of dude in the show

It would have been all dueling monologues between him and Khan and it would have been great.

they just hire the set designer from the Charlie Rose show
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Update on the Chloe sagal situation:

Twitter is gone mad with frenzy over the tweets of a destrutoid writer who outed Chloe.
    http://storify.com/pixiemania/this-is-the-problem-with-allistair-pinsof?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&awesm=sfy.co_iJdu&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_source=t.co

Mostly because he keeps comparing being transgender as lying and scamming and withholding that secret for her as the same as the idiots who tried to destroy evidence for the Boston bombers.

In the end I think it's more a question of how you say things though actually outing her is p bad
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I wanna play divekiiiick

FIGHT
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

Dang, I assumed they never would. Kinda tempted to do the same.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    At a tiny shins concert in park city by myself

The plan is to sit here and drink allof the drinks

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

You judging?

Always
    At a tiny shins concert in park city by myself

The plan is to sit here and drink allof the drinks

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

Nooo it's a club, i josh couldn't get people to come with me

Oh, Park City is a club?

Read that as City park.

Carry on then.

Well park city is a city..it's where they had the winter Olympics like twelve years ago, bit this is a club in park city

And the fucking shins
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That was a really good series though, and it was great to see the Leafs back in the playoffs.

Now I just want to find a Bruins fan, tell them no hard feelings, wish them luck in the next series, and give 'em a big ol' hug.

... And start squeezing tighter and tighter, whispering "Shh, don't fight. It'll be over soon."

Wait, no. NO!

Not that part.

Bad Brad.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Twitter is gone mad with frenzy over the tweets of a destrutoid writer who outed Chloe.
    http://storify.com/pixiemania/this-is-the-problem-with-allistair-pinsof?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&awesm=sfy.co_iJdu&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_source=t.co

Mostly because he keeps comparing being transgender as lying and scamming and withholding that secret for her as the same as the idiots who tried to destroy evidence for the Boston bombers.

In the end I think it's more a question of how you say things though actually outing her is p bad

wow...just wow
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular

Oooh, neat. Maybe? This is the weirdest part of the show. Shoulda just called it Friends 2.0 and then they'd never have to deal with this whole mother thing.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

p bad?

That could legit get her killed depending on where she is.
    That was a really good series though, and it was great to see the Leafs back in the playoffs.

Now I just want to find a Bruins fan, tell them no hard feelings, wish them luck in the next series, and give 'em a big ol' hug.

... And start squeezing tighter and tighter, whispering "Shh, don't fight. It'll be over soon."

Wait, no. NO!

Not that part.

Bad Brad.

It was good, I unfortunately got sucked into kitchen nightmares and missed whatever the hell happened in the third period. I thought you guys were in.
    I wish football was the same # of weeks, but split in half in fall and spring

because I miss it now but I get tired of it by the end of the season
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    fish und chips!
    Lh96QHG.png
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    So I really like the trailer for NBC's new Michael J Fox show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXl-krlLoxg&feature=youtu.be
    gorillaSig.jpg
    TehSloth wrote: »

I only have one episode before the season finale.

I almost clicked a spoiler to see what she looked like, but I want to see it within the context of the show so I can get ~them feels~
    TehSloth wrote: »

I only have one episode before the season finale.

I almost clicked a spoiler to see what she looked like, but I want to see it within the context of the show so I can get ~them feels~

Ahhh, I think I watched through like.... season 5 maybe? Maybe season six? Definitely not whatever the current season is.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    michael j fox + bunk? best show ever
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Why didn’t you say an inkstand
    Why didn’t you say all of this was for the blue sky
    Why didn’t you say a sheet of writing paper was for a cloud
    Vanguard on
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I want to watch Adventure Time but Mim is watching HIMYM but I'm bored so she says I should pass the time by being snarky in here.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

Wait, no. NO!

Not that part.

Bad Brad.

I may have started watching game of thrones at 4-1
    G2Dcf.jpg
    This is annoying, Riot has been doing a really lousy job of posting VODs from their big tournament lately. So, the promotion matches to determine what new teams go into the tournament and what old teams get kicked out were this last weekend. Instead of having a video for each game in a playlist or even a video for each series it's just one long recording from the entire day, including all the hour+ long breaks. The beginning of the video is just a 1 HOUR COUNTDOWN to the start of the matches.

And not a countdown like with Dick Clark waiting for the new year, it's a logo with a timer that counts down and some generic music. FOR AN HOUR. I'd like to be able to just put it on and lay down to watch, but there's huge gaps between series that I don't want to just sit through.
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I want to watch Adventure Time but Mim is watching HIMYM but I'm bored so she says I should pass the time by being snarky in here.

This is your ass right now: PWhltcL.gif

ya troll heifer

Want to get drunk?

I have whiskey.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular

What the fuck is this?

Executive summary please.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular

Surely you do all three
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
    Actually I don't have whiskey, I had to leave it behind when I moved out.

I do have aquavit though.
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Wait, no. NO!

Not that part.

Bad Brad.

I may have started watching game of thrones at 4-1

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! It was said that you would destroy the Bruins, not join them! Bring balance to [chat], not leave it in darkness!

You were my brother, Jake! I loved you. :(
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Ugh 20 minutes till i head out for beers.

So bored.
    falasig.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

So bored.

How does it feel to lose before the majesty that is Chicago.
    Cinders wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

So bored.

How does it feel to lose before the majesty that is Chicago.

Makes me want to swap from beer to vodka.

Fucking Rockies. Thought you broke out of this shit last night. But no you pull this shit against the Cubs. THE CUBS!
    falasig.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »

What the fuck is this?

@Elldren from what I gathered reading it here last night, a twitchtv streamer OD'd on pills on camera (she's alive) because someone revealed that the surgery fund she had started and asked viewers to donate to was for sexual reassignment and not, as she had claimed, to remove a piece of shrapnel lodged dangerously near her heart.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Also fuck you Joey crawford
    Seriously losing to the Cubs like this is a double wammy since I grew up on Cardinals baseball.
    falasig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

What the fuck is this?

@Elldren from what I gathered reading it here last night, a twitchtv streamer OD'd on pills on camera (she's alive) because someone revealed that the surgery fund she had started and asked viewers to donate to was for sexual reassignment and not, as she had claimed, to remove a piece of shrapnel lodged dangerously near her heart.

What did she stream?
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Fuuuuckk.... like 900 students at my commencement. About one name every 6 seconds. An hour and a fucking half of just sitting there listening to names being read off. After a bunch of stupid ass speeches and an 1.5 hours getting shit ready.

Sooo lame and long and boring, to go get an empty diploma holder dealie.

Fuck this particular noise. When I get my master's, eventually, I don't give a crap what my family wants. I'm just not sitting through this sort of shit again.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    oh my god

this dude who did i'll be there just killed it
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Delmain wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

What the fuck is this?

What did she stream?

no idea, the "gaming community" isn't really something I pay much attention to outside of here
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Initially drinking whiskey didn't appeal to me at this time

but fuck it, LET'S ROLL
    redx wrote: »
    Fuuuuckk.... like 900 students at my commencement. About one name every 6 seconds. An hour and a fucking half of just sitting there listening to names being read off. After a bunch of stupid ass speeches and an 1.5 hours getting shit ready.

Sooo lame and long and boring, to go get an empty diploma holder dealie.

Fuck this particular noise. When I get my master's, eventually, I don't give a crap what my family wants. I'm just not sitting through this sort of shit again.

I sat through undergrad because my parents paid for it and they wanted it.

I am doing my MA walk because I paid for it and damn it I am going to walk.
    falasig.png
This discussion has been closed.