Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Allistair Pinsof is a horrible fucking person.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Fuuuuckk.... like 900 students at my commencement. About one name every 6 seconds. An hour and a fucking half of just sitting there listening to names being read off. After a bunch of stupid ass speeches and an 1.5 hours getting shit ready.

Sooo lame and long and boring, to go get an empty diploma holder dealie.

Fuck this particular noise. When I get my master's, eventually, I don't give a crap what my family wants. I'm just not sitting through this sort of shit again.

I think ma students get their own little thing

I cant remember

you get a hood at least
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Feeling a bit depressed after watching a Frontline documentary on the retirement fund industry in America. It especially sucks because when I first started dating my ex it was around the time she had gotten divorced and laid off from Verizon after 13 years as a sales manager and she was dipping into her 401K to pay the bills and live, basically. We still talk about her financial situation from time to time and she's basically got no retirement now. Watching that, it makes me worry about my future even at my relatively young age and want to get an index fund.

On the plus side, I did a pretty good self portrait in pencil earlier for class tomorrow. I intend to do as good or better on the followup portrait which will have a skeletal underlay, and might share said drawing with chat.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Fuuuuckk.... like 900 students at my commencement. About one name every 6 seconds. An hour and a fucking half of just sitting there listening to names being read off. After a bunch of stupid ass speeches and an 1.5 hours getting shit ready.

Fuck this particular noise. When I get my master's, eventually, I don't give a crap what my family wants. I'm just not sitting through this sort of shit again.

I think ma students get their own little thing

I cant remember

you get a hood at least

Yeah there are different parts based on the level of the degree. So you get more and more things as you move towards Phd. By your phd you look like a god damn monk.
    falasig.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    On the plus side, I did a pretty good self portrait in pencil earlier for class tomorrow. I intend to do as good or better on the followup portrait which will have a skeletal underlay, and might share said drawing with chat.

:^:
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I want to watch Adventure Time but Mim is watching HIMYM but I'm bored so she says I should pass the time by being snarky in here.

how often do yall hang out
    I think it is just robe (ba), hood (ma), sleeves/floppy hat (phd) if I remember right
    I want to watch Adventure Time but Mim is watching HIMYM but I'm bored so she says I should pass the time by being snarky in here.

With no pants.
    falasig.png
    i ask because i thought yall lived sort of far away from each other

longsword (ba) breastplate (ma) lance/pennant (phd)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i ask because i thought yall lived sort of far away from each other

this is e-hanging out
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I sat through undergrad because my parents paid for it and they wanted it.

I am doing my MA walk because I paid for it and damn it I am going to walk.

Like, my parents helped support me in various ways, but pretty much the state and a bunch of debt paid for my degree. Like, I just don't get anything at all out of it. It isn't rewarding to me in any way. It's not something I'm wired to see as anything other than an annoyance.

Most of my classes being online, and really not meeting much on anyone there certainly didn't help, but... bah. Just not anything like fun.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

Like once a month, ranging from 4-14 days, depending on our schedules/available money.
    my dad's doctor degree robes look like some gay vampire couture

it's amazing

skippy i am gonna hire the guy who plays gregor to beat you up
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    That was a really good series though, and it was great to see the Leafs back in the playoffs.

Now I just want to find a Bruins fan, tell them no hard feelings, wish them luck in the next series, and give 'em a big ol' hug.

... And start squeezing tighter and tighter, whispering "Shh, don't fight. It'll be over soon."

Wait, no. NO!

Not that part.

Bad Brad.

I may have started watching game of thrones at 4-1

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! It was said that you would destroy the Bruins, not join them! Bring balance to [chat], not leave it in darkness!

You were my brother, Jake! I loved you. :(

I told you the Bruins would blow it when it was 3-1! And my prophecy almost came true. I guess it became a huge reverse jinx instead
    G2Dcf.jpg
    But yes we basically have Skype going a shitload

HENCE ALL OF THE BITCHING I DO ABOUT SKYPE FUCK SKYPE
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I didn't get to walk for my MSc because I was three thousand miles away.

I will always regret that.

Instead I sat in my bedroom and ate a medium pizza.
    AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
    I want a PhD so I can get all of the monk clothes
  • MimMim Registered User regular

Yes, any time he is bitching about Skype, it's because of something we're doing.

Skype fucks up a lot of e-things.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

I have no idea who that is but that name exudes it
    Cinders wrote: »

I have no idea who that is but that name exudes it
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

google hangouts bitch
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    i discovered today after reformatting my aunt's computer that msn messenger has been folded into skype? my aunt was like I USE MSN CAN YOU DOWNLOAD THAT

and google was like

actually msn messenger is now windows live messenger

then the next link said

actually windows live messenger is now skype + facebook im

da fukk

I am actually so stressed by being done with my MA it is causing me to shut down at times. Because fuck real world again. I liked academia.

But my profs are right, unless I have a real passion and a good proposal ready for phd work it is best to go get some experience researching in the field first.
    falasig.png
    mim what are you doing this week
    Zampanov wrote: »

google hangouts bitch

The quality isn't that much better and since they switched to Hangouts there are fewer configurable settings. Like the last time I used it I don't think it even let you full-screen.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    That Amy's Baking Company Kitchen Nightmare is amazing... and nuts...
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    hey can someone who has ms word do me a solid

@desc has failed me, as is his habit
    sig.gif
    can't be bothered to get a glass

drink bulleit out of bottle

@Evil Multifarious
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

google hangouts bitch

The quality isn't that much better and since they switched to Hangouts there are fewer configurable settings. Like the last time I used it I don't think it even let you full-screen.

the screen size is fine and it breaks a lot less than skype (like almost never for me) and what the hell configurable settings do you even need for vid chat damn
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    Organichu wrote: »

skippy i am gonna hire the guy who plays gregor to beat you up

god shut up and watch this stupid show with me you
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    That Amy's Baking Company Kitchen Nightmare is amazing... and nuts...

It is amazing that a business would have a private twitter account.

Part of me hopes it's really some kind of elaborate trolling.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    mim what are you doing this week

Cleaning the house and trying to figure out what the hell to do for dinner this week because we didn't do proper grocery shopping.

OH, and on the 18th..or the 16th, I'm doing a survey thing for 4 hours and I'm getting paid for it!

why

edit: and then this saturday hanging out with you and elendil.
    Mim on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    can't be bothered to get a glass

drink bulleit out of bottle

@ "Evil Multifarious"

Boooo.

Drink Talisker.
    tea-1.jpg

google hangouts bitch

the screen size is fine and it breaks a lot less than skype (like almost never for me) and what the hell configurable settings do you even need for vid chat damn

TONS

Hold on, I'll make us use it and I'll figure out what I hate and then I'll tell you.
    Skype is terrible. The msn protocol still works

Go third party
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

I didn't get to walk for my MSc because I was three thousand miles away.

I will always regret that.

Instead I sat in my bedroom and ate a medium pizza.

It's just, like, people came from hundreds and thousands of miles, and instead of doing stuff with them, I got to sit around a bunch of people I don't know being bored and uncomfortable. There's about a billion more fun things that could have occurred.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    skippy will you explain why you are a fak
    sig.gif
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    i feel really really bad about that episode because that's how my mom gets like, a lot of the time

and it's exhausting and really disheartening to think of all the people she's pushed away because that's just how she is

This discussion has been closed.