Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    jesus it finally happened

someone I know is trying to convert me to bronyism.

Select the pistol, then select your horse
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    but seriously desc Shivahn

I do want to get into the faith side of the game a bit more

gotta figure out who's gonna burn, after all

My complication was almost religious in nature actually.

But yeah that'll come up. I don't know how it's gonna end but I know what the faith means to Garnier, roughly.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Alright [chat], I can't quit you.

Mostly because there's no pressing need to, and also because I have so many things to say and so few people to say them to (help I'm so alone)!

So

How's it going, [chat]folk?

HOCKEY!

I KNOW RIGHT?!

SO THE LAST 3 GAMES (INCLUDING THIS ONE!!!!) I'VE GONE FOR A RUN AFTER THE FIRST PERIOD

SO APPARENTLY THAT'S A THING I ALWAYS HAVE TO DO NOW

you just found your playoff beard
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Alright [chat], I can't quit you.

Mostly because there's no pressing need to, and also because I have so many things to say and so few people to say them to (help I'm so alone)!

So

How's it going, [chat]folk?

HOCKEY!

I KNOW RIGHT?!

SO THE LAST 3 GAMES (INCLUDING THIS ONE!!!!) I'VE GONE FOR A RUN AFTER THE FIRST PERIOD

SO APPARENTLY THAT'S A THING I ALWAYS HAVE TO DO NOW

you just found your playoff beard

Make sure to feed her and tell her she is pretty but have 0 sexual attraction so she just feels nice.
    falasig.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Although apparently Nero would have sucked a lot less if they hadn't cut a shitload of scenes from the movie. Still, sucked as presented.

The cut scenes also had Klingons and made a lot more sense why nothing happened for all those years. Them being cut was pretty dumb.

I still like 2009 Trek. It is fun and light hearted and really got the interaction between the different members of the crew really well. And I think they hit one of the requirements for good Trek, good crew interaction.

Yeah, it was still a fun movie, there's bits of it I wish had either not existed or been better though.

Non spoilery of new movie example, brewery engineering.

You see a load more interior shots of different parts of the enterprise in the new movie and they all look a bajillion times better than brewery engineering.

Looks like they got an extra 35 million for this budget so this might be why. I am just excited to see it on Friday.

You should really enjoy it if your opinions aren't terrible. Much better than 2009 Trek imo.

Not having to devote so much time to origin stories and explaining the convoluted reboot scenario really helped them just fill the movie with characters actually doing stuff.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    At a tiny shins concert in park city by myself

The plan is to sit here and drink allof the drinks
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh

I vote you get the symbol of the Romulan Star Empire

Romulan_Star_Empire_logo.png

As a side-note, canon states since pretty much TOS that the two circles in the eagle's claws are the two central earth-like governing planets of the Romulan empire, Romulus and Remus. All the way up to Nemesis, where Remus was suddenly remade into a barren mining planet populated by a slave race. Just another reason the TNG movies suck.

Although the main reason they suck, and the reboot too, is because they kept insisting on trying to recapture the success of Wrath of Kahn by having a main villain. Too bad all those villains sucked.

I think it's funny that of the three most successful Star Trek films - 2, 4, and 6, in whichever order you want to put them - only one of them had a "main villain". In 6 they were really fighting the Cold War us-vs-them ideology, and 4 was a freakin' comedy. So the idea that they need a main villain for a Trek movie to be good is not even supported by the facts.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Since the dawn of time, kicking and sploding, as well as kicksploding, have been very relevant subjects when discussing the novel The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, published in 1925 by Scribner's in New York. In the following essay I will explain why.

In closing, it's clear that 'kick' and 'splode' are decadent, but ultimately hollow, pursuits that mirror the great and beautiful emptiness of Gatsby's protagonist.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

You judging?
    @Jacobkosh

As a side-note, canon states since pretty much TOS that the two circles in the eagle's claws are the two central earth-like governing planets of the Romulan empire, Romulus and Remus. All the way up to Nemesis, where Remus was suddenly remade into a barren mining planet populated by a slave race. Just another reason the TNG movies suck.

Although the main reason they suck, and the reboot too, is because they kept insisting on trying to recapture the success of Wrath of Kahn by having a main villain. Too bad all those villains sucked.

I think it's funny that of the three most successful Star Trek films - 2, 4, and 6, in whichever order you want to put them - only one of them had a "main villain". In 6 they were really fighting the Cold War us-vs-them ideology, and 4 was a freakin' comedy. So the idea that they need a main villain for a Trek movie to be good is not even supported by the facts.

And the one that did have a villain, there was no showdown with villain where I'm expected to believe that an old man is dangerous in a fist fight. They're never on screen together once.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

Nooo it's a club, i josh couldn't get people to come with me

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

sounds perf
    Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to be in a Hollywood remake of The Toxic Avenger (not as Toxie)
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Guldernit

My choice of food and drink while watching the Leafs game has been incredibly unfortunate, I have mad gas that isn't coming out :C
    CDIOl.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh

Without knowing a ton about the franchise, I feel like creating main villains has more to do with following the standard action/sci-fi formula than trying to recapture the success of specific Trek films.
    jake that is the best post of this chat by far
    I think they finally settled on Young Fake Wendy

good choice Wendy's

keep fat old real Wendy in cold storage
    Ludious wrote: »

good choice Wendy's

I was just thinking about this

:0
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh

And the one that did have a villain, there was no showdown with villain where I'm expected to believe that an old man is dangerous in a fist fight. They're never on screen together once.

That fact actually blew my mind the first time someone pointed it out to me.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I love Young Fake Wendy

Eagerly awaiting swimwear-related Wendy's ad
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    jake that is the best post of this chat by far

thankee thankee

i do what i can
    Ludious wrote: »

good choice Wendy's

Better to not tell the truth of what you will look like if you eat lots of Wendy's.
    falasig.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

You judging?

Always

Sitting in a park.

By yourself.

Drinking.

Nooo it's a club, i josh couldn't get people to come with me

Oh, Park City is a club?

Read that as City park.

Carry on then.
    I have never heard this song but I like it and I like the performance

I'm not movinnnnn
    does ipad have a dictionary
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.
    @Jacobkosh

That fact actually blew my mind the first time someone pointed it out to me.

It's rad because it lets people do mashups with Downfall of the main scenes so that it's Khan v Hitler.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I wish Will would handle all the recyclings.
    cause I am super fucking tired of retyping loke to like
    God damn it Rockies, losing 5-0 to the Cubs. THE CUBS!
    falasig.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Also Achel is a tasty beer.

Tastes like fermented fruit beer.
    TNG movie Wrath of Khan would have had Picard yelling one liners while having an even fist fight with a genetically engineered superman and ugh.
    my friend just bought a frenchie and named her basil

FFFFFFF SO CUTE
    Fine, that's fine.

I don't care about hockey anyway!

Back to baseball. I wonder how the Jays have been do- OH SWEET LORD.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    It's good to see that one of our friendly neighborhood mods knows how to boss a robot around.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    I wanna play divekiiiick

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    TNG movie Wrath of Khan would have had Picard yelling one liners while having an even fist fight with a genetically engineered superman and ugh.

Nah, they made him a mind rapey clone.

Really if they wanted a good TNG Wrath of Khan they would of used Picard doing verbal sparing with Q. Or one of the many excellent Romulans or Cardassians from the series.

Nemesis if it was really about a Romulan coup and the counter coup with diplomancy and Romulan subterfuge would of been great. Maybe include the reunificationist.

But we got mind rapey clone.
    falasig.png
This discussion has been closed.