Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    can't be bothered to get a glass

drink bulleit out of bottle

@ "Evil Multifarious"

i do this with alarming/gratifying frequency

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Academic Dress is fun. If I ever become a Uni librarian/archivist and wind up having to wear it multiple times a year I'll just go out and buy the whole thing.

Then randomly wear it at bars with some professor friends while we talk to each other in shitty latin.

Dolor supervivo caro. Dolor sublimus caro. Dolor ignio animus.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Bruins lost? Sad face.

I never really cared about the Leafs, even though I live an hour outside Toronto, but damn if my ex's roommates and their rabid love of the Bruins didn't rub off on me some; I was in a New England pub where their band was playing music and during the interim the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. I lost my hearing for a good half hour from all the cheering after that. It was a memorable experience.

No no no, The Bruins won.

Oh good! Very good. They deserve it.

A bit of good news for Boston post bombing stupidity.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    i need to email u a thing

then u try to open it in word

then u tell me if u succeed

if u do not, u tell me whether it's due to a computer problem with the document or whether it's due to

well

you know

god

my computer is all in my car

you owe me big time

are you sending my yahoo or my gmail

i dont have either one broheim
    sig.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    i'm off to bed.

Gooooood night. silly fellers.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    mim what are you doing this week

Cleaning the house and trying to figure out what the hell to do for dinner this week because we didn't do proper grocery shopping.

OH, and on the 18th..or the 16th, I'm doing a survey thing for 4 hours and I'm getting paid for it!

why

edit: and then this saturday hanging out with you and elendil.

i was just curious i wasn't schemin

Yeah, I'm trying to not do too much until I see my doc about my legs. Tomorrow I gotta rake my lawn though :|

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEK, CHU

hmm i dunno

i will probably try do some maffs

i also have to go to welfare this week n.m

I gotta work out and do some arts.

and find a job o.o
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    skippy i am starting the episode now

alright

go sync my posts with the start of my viewing

and then read them in real time as you watch
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I can't wait until I finish this Bulleit so I can go back to Eagle Rare

EAGLE RARE IS AMAZING
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

alright

should i clean your car while i'm at it you fucking power maniac
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Also good news, my CGA accountant mom says 401Ks are illegal in Canada and that we have RSPs for retirement, and they are much fairer in terms of fees.

I love this country.

the fees on 401Ks are just

ludicrous

like it is a lot more than you'd think

Have you ever met a guy who manages stocks for a living? Never invest in a managed fund. And index funds are typically pretty cheap fee wise. I think my S&P-500 is 0.02% and 0.07% for a broad bond index.
    tea-1.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Bruins lost? Sad face.

I never really cared about the Leafs, even though I live an hour outside Toronto, but damn if my ex's roommates and their rabid love of the Bruins didn't rub off on me some; I was in a New England pub where their band was playing music and during the interim the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. I lost my hearing for a good half hour from all the cheering after that. It was a memorable experience.

Bruins won. They came back for an OT win from being down 4-1 in the 3rd.

God I bet the Leafs fans who were all stoked to win for sure this time on the radio earlier are feeling pretty bummed out right about now.

I am getting a slight feeling of joy from this mental image.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Corehealer

For the crimes of

a) Not know about RSPs and RRSPs while being Canadian

and

b) Being a Bruins fan while being Canadian

I sentence you to be hanged from the neck until

it pleases me, at which point you will be free to go.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I return. What's up? Did someone finally discover Ry'leh on Geoguessr?
    sark sauce

how u

what would you do if you had to choose between AMAZING EAGLE RARE or TEN FUCKING DOLLARS
    sig.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    So how are the rangers doing?
    i need to email u a thing

then u try to open it in word

then u tell me if u succeed

if u do not, u tell me whether it's due to a computer problem with the document or whether it's due to

well

you know

god

my computer is all in my car

you owe me big time

are you sending my yahoo or my gmail

i dont have either one broheim

wat

I know for sure we have gtalked
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Also good news, my CGA accountant mom says 401Ks are illegal in Canada and that we have RSPs for retirement, and they are much fairer in terms of fees.

I love this country.

ludicrous

2-5% in fees and investment "options" alone can cost you tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars off your retirement fund, and totally fuck over your ability to retire before your seventy, if ever. That is absolute total bullshit.

i was talking more like actively managed funds that get like, .78 for the expense ratio. and then they don't beat the index 2 outta 3 times. but that stuff about the 2-5% in fees is just holy shit. like, none of our managed accounts are even close to 5%
    sark sauce

how u

what would you do if you had to choose between AMAZING EAGLE RARE or TEN FUCKING DOLLARS

Eagle Rare every time
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    Fuuuuckk.... like 900 students at my commencement. About one name every 6 seconds. An hour and a fucking half of just sitting there listening to names being read off. After a bunch of stupid ass speeches and an 1.5 hours getting shit ready.

Sooo lame and long and boring, to go get an empty diploma holder dealie.

Fuck this particular noise. When I get my master's, eventually, I don't give a crap what my family wants. I'm just not sitting through this sort of shit again.

I sat through undergrad because my parents paid for it and they wanted it.

I am doing my MA walk because I paid for it and damn it I am going to walk.

I didn't get to walk for my MSc because I was three thousand miles away.

I will always regret that.

Instead I sat in my bedroom and ate a medium pizza.

It's just, like, people came from hundreds and thousands of miles, and instead of doing stuff with them, I got to sit around a bunch of people I don't know being bored and uncomfortable. There's about a billion more fun things that could have occurred.

Sure, they're not for everyone.

But I love a good ceremony and tradition.

Also my MSc walk happened here:

tKI50GJ.jpg

And I would've worn this:

LTeeifY.jpg

That's the most formal looking penalty kick I've ever seen.

also the hall and dress are are indeed awesome.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Update on the Chloe sagal situation:

Twitter is gone mad with frenzy over the tweets of a destrutoid writer who outed Chloe.
    http://storify.com/pixiemania/this-is-the-problem-with-allistair-pinsof?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&awesm=sfy.co_iJdu&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_source=t.co

Mostly because he keeps comparing being transgender as lying and scamming and withholding that secret for her as the same as the idiots who tried to destroy evidence for the Boston bombers.

In the end I think it's more a question of how you say things though actually outing her is p bad

Is she dead?
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Markman is in Divekick! YES!!!

alright

should i clean your car while i'm at it you fucking power maniac

YOU DID THIS TO US
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    So how are the rangers doing?

They will be playing the Bruins in the next round. :o
    I do code jobe 4 u

10 eagle rares an hour
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Bruins lost? Sad face.

Bruins won. They came back for an OT win from being down 4-1 in the 3rd.

God I bet the Leafs fans who were all stoked to win for sure this time on the radio earlier are feeling pretty bummed out right about now.

I am getting a slight feeling of joy from this mental image.

I'm just annoyed because I picked toronto in 7 and the caps over the rangers, oh well, 5/8 isn't the worst :(
    edited May 2013

I love this country.

ludicrous

Have you ever met a guy who manages stocks for a living? Never invest in a managed fund. And index funds are typically pretty cheap fee wise. I think my S&P-500 is 0.02% and 0.07% for a broad bond index.

@moniker what is your index fund can you pm me

i am considering taking more control of my 401k
    Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Academic Dress is fun. If I ever become a Uni librarian/archivist and wind up having to wear it multiple times a year I'll just go out and buy the whole thing.

Then randomly wear it at bars with some professor friends while we talk to each other in shitty latin.

Dolor supervivo caro. Dolor sublimus caro. Dolor ignio animus.

...you don't get to come drinking.
    tea-1.jpg
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    @Corehealer

For the crimes of

a) Not know about RSPs and RRSPs while being Canadian

and

b) Being a Bruins fan while being Canadian

I sentence you to be hanged from the neck until

it pleases me, at which point you will be free to go.

a) I know about them now, because my mom is a smart accountant and told me all about it a few minutes ago.

b) I'm allowed to like non Canadian teams if I want and still like the REAL Canadian team, TEAM CANADA AT THE OLYMPICS. Liking hockey is the real important thing here, and I do. It's in the blood now after 22 years of living here.
    FUCK THESE DRAFTS

I NEED MY CHROME EXTENSIONS

@eddy YOU HAVE SPOILED ME FOR ALL FUTURE WOMEN
    sig.gif
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular

I love this country.

ludicrous

that's not necessarily good advice either.say you held a slew of muni bonds, most of which are a year or two years before first call. after first call hits, the FMV of the bond'll drop. someone managing that account'll (hopefully) pick up on that and rotate it out. otherwise you lose out

I love this country.

ludicrous

2-5% in fees and investment "options" alone can cost you tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars off your retirement fund, and totally fuck over your ability to retire before your seventy, if ever. That is absolute total bullshit.

i was talking more like actively managed funds that get like, .78 for the expense ratio. and then they don't beat the index 2 outta 3 times. but that stuff about the 2-5% in fees is just holy shit. like, none of our managed accounts are even close to 5%

You guys really need to neuter that Wall Street bull, I tell ya.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    I'm trying to watch Dark Knight Rises again on DVD, hoping that by watching it a second time, I'll like it better. Maybe I just couldn't grasp Bane's master plan for Gotham the first time around.

It isn't working. The story is too damn complicated and filled with plot holes.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    puppies can I just look at it on my ipad

mmmmbrains @t gm4il.cum
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/6fbdb75707d7ce5eb68a6ec4f88ff3bc/tumblr_mmjw59LdJU1s0t81go1_400.gif

Instead of watching Bruins/Leafs I started watching Game of Thrones, yet Game of Thrones was watching Bruins/Leafs
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I am apparently not high enough in level to solo the cloak tower. Shoot.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Update on the Chloe sagal situation:

Twitter is gone mad with frenzy over the tweets of a destrutoid writer who outed Chloe.
    http://storify.com/pixiemania/this-is-the-problem-with-allistair-pinsof?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&awesm=sfy.co_iJdu&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_source=t.co

Mostly because he keeps comparing being transgender as lying and scamming and withholding that secret for her as the same as the idiots who tried to destroy evidence for the Boston bombers.

In the end I think it's more a question of how you say things though actually outing her is p bad

Is she dead?

No she's in the hospital recovering
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    haha

feed to cats, plead ignorance

nev55y2.jpg
    h1DI1.jpg
    Cinders wrote: »
    I am apparently not high enough in level to solo the cloak tower. Shoot.

Mid 30s and you should be good.
    haha

feed to cats, plead ignorance

nev55y2.jpg

or wait do you have a snake
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    skippy do i have to watch blake shelton coaching scenes i do not like him
This discussion has been closed.