Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular
    *chappelle voice* Take this encyclopaedia, and smoketh it!
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    An open letter to doxxers:

Do the world a favor and kill yourself

With the utmost sincerity,

Elldren

Is it cool if we add "immature, passive-agressive co-workers" to that list? I think the world would be so much better with out these two groups.

no

those aren't even on remotely the same scale
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I find myself almost hoping that cop-pepper-spraying-a-family story is made up, because it's a story I don't want to be real. :(
    how many lives to immature passive-agressive co-workers ruin?

please note that this is the express intent of doxxing
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Having met Ronya, I can confirm that when he breathes on glass, equations and social theories are left like a dirty residue.

He also eats rocks made of silicon, in order to absorb the computing power that might be inside
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Oh heh. It finished like 20 seconds after I made that post. Phonepoasting now while it installs heh.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    I am not really awake yet this morning.

This is not good given the state of my todo list.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Drinking over the age of 30 is messed up kiddies.

I drank 1/4 of a bottle of merlot, didn't even feel drunk, went to bed and worked all day long not at all hung over

Then I try a new flavour of protein shake around 3:30pm, and spent every minute since trying not to puke.

Tldr: don't drink more than two glasses of booze when you are 30+ and avoid cho plate peanut butter flavoured protein powder.

Oh, and if you feel like puking, don't fight it for nine hours, just let it go.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Oh heh. It finished like 20 seconds after I made that post. Phonepoasting now while it installs heh.
    schlock20051114.png?1297712544

Apparently my smartphone, when being posted from, uses more power than it can restore when being plugged in. This angers me

I drank 1/4 of a bottle of merlot, didn't even feel drunk, went to bed and worked all day long not at all hung over

Then I try a new flavour of protein shake around 3:30pm, and spent every minute since trying not to puke.

Tldr: don't drink more than two glasses of booze when you are 30+ and avoid cho plate peanut butter flavoured protein powder.

Hmm. That sounds pretty awful.

Kalkino wrote: »

Apparently my smartphone, when being posted from, uses more power than it can restore when being plugged in. This angers me

typical for a 1A charger

get a 2A one
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Hmm. That sounds pretty awful.

On the bright side: I broke my new places vomit cherry.

And it took longer than six months which I think means I am a mature grown up and stuff.
    ronya wrote: »

typical for a 1A charger

get a 2A one

It had never warned me before - but yes, after I posted that I did think actually it made sense
    Apparently the Angry Video Game Nerd has become a daddy.

Good for him.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    If the Star Trek films were candy, Star Trek VI would be dark chocolate, II would be milk chocolate, and IV would be white chocolate.

I dunno about the others, I guess '09 is cotton candy, and Insurrection is those hippie fruit juice sweetened cookies my parents bought when I was a kid. Cookies aren't really candy but whatever. And the Motion Picture is licorice?

Motion Picture is eating a gigantic block of nice chocolate in one sitting. There's nothing wrong with the chocolate but you probably would have enjoyed it more if you'd had less of it.
    evilbob wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    If the Star Trek films were candy, Star Trek VI would be dark chocolate, II would be milk chocolate, and IV would be white chocolate.

I dunno about the others, I guess '09 is cotton candy, and Insurrection is those hippie fruit juice sweetened cookies my parents bought when I was a kid. Cookies aren't really candy but whatever. And the Motion Picture is licorice?

Motion Picture is eating a gigantic block of nice chocolate in one sitting. There's nothing wrong with the chocolate but you probably would have enjoyed it more if you'd had less of it.

Nah, it's more like chocolate filled with cheap inoffensive nougat: Acceptable to eat, but you wish there was more of the chocolate.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular

Damn, Elldren, just tryin' to get a two-for here, yo. :bz

I get your drift. Doxxing is, by far more, acute and triggers a primal response because it's in-your-face horrible.

I've just seen people, and am currently dealing with a dude, that basically have the same attitude with subtler tactics but serious side effects. It's less about the lulz and more about their ego was infringed, so they're going to try to tank projects through various means, that multiple people depend on for their livelihood, to make themselves feel better about being slighted. (It's also why I'm up this late still working, so the department doesn't get shut-down due to the ripple effect).
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Apparently the Angry Video Game Nerd has become a daddy.

Good for him.

He comes off as a good guy in his other videos. Seems appreciative of his success.
    hmmm

seems as though I've got windows 8 working alright
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    sometimes i go to a concert by myself, grab a drink and start trying to meet girls

and then bros are just intent on starting conversations with me and trying to talk business

and i'm like bro, girls

and by sometimes i mean tonight
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious brutalism is most effective in a place like nyc or less so boston where it's next to shiny international style buildings (which I also love) which basically reflect everything back on you. "no, we're just a pretty bank building. don't worry about us. we're not completely profiting on the institutional debt we have categorically imposed upon you. no way! also that haircut looks great!"

and then you have either a government building for like tracking social security numbers or some building that needs to be indestructible like the old bell cable tower building and you get to put it next to one of those lying, brainwashing buildings and say "I AM A TERRIBLE PART OF YOUR LIFE AND YOU NEED ME AND CANNOT LEAVE ME GO FUCK YOURSELF ALSO HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN ANGLE LIKE THIS COOL HUH?"
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png

Damn, Elldren, just tryin' to get a two-for here, yo. :bz

I get your drift. Doxxing is, by far more, acute and triggers a primal response because it's in-your-face horrible.

I've just seen people, and am currently dealing with a dude, that basically have the same attitude with subtler tactics but serious side effects. It's less about the lulz and more about their ego was infringed, so they're going to try to tank projects through various means, that multiple people depend on for their livelihood, to make themselves feel better about being slighted. (It's also why I'm up this late still working, so the department doesn't get shut-down due to the ripple effect).

that's less passive-aggressive than cutting off the nose to spite the face in a particularly big and dramatic manner that affects everyone around you
    at the end of the day, people tend to not understand the dialog that is inherent with architecture and never think about it in its geographic representation. that's why photos of buildings make better photography in themselves than actual representations of the building.
    biden%20sig.png
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular

I'm only 29 and I already I see a significant difference compared to when I was 25-26. When I party too hard it takes me way too long to recover for it to be worth it.
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    brutalism seems to suffer particularly badly from bad maintenance so it is perhaps best reserved for institutions wealthy enough to continue the upkeep
    hmmm

@riemannlives

toying around with win8 for a few minutes (on a laptop, no touch screen)

I like the setup process- quick, handsome (especially when it gets to the parts about personalization, wifi netwroks etc). very good looking.

I like the charms menu- i guess that's what it's called? with the tiles? i feel like it's mostly useless unless i'm a msoft junkie (i.e. mail, calendar, etc). that's totally fair enough, one of my favorite things about apple is the unified environment and if i weren't invested there i might even consider this. it's extremely slick looking.

that's all i guess

i haven't done any performance stuff or anything but everything's running fine, no worse than win7 in any respect that i can see and definitely cuter in little ways
    brutalism seems to suffer particularly badly from bad maintenance so it is perhaps best reserved for institutions wealthy enough to continue the upkeep

more buildings should be designed with the aesthetic effect when they are run down and ruined in mind

I want a school of architecture like this
    took this photo recently. it's probably the most terrifying building in nyc. i know lots of people commented on my photo of it saying as much. but in the context of all the reflective, sleek, buildings on close by wall street, it's becoming one of my favorite buildings in nyc because it forces you to confront how an economy forces itself upon you

535369_10100334627550610_49956244_n.jpg
    biden%20sig.png
    that building is the at&t building, btw, and is at least 20 stories tall and almost a block in its foundation
    biden%20sig.png

more buildings should be designed with the aesthetic effect when they are run down and ruined in mind

well, not ruined; merely where the building is more than a couple of years old.

we dilapidist demand to be acknowledged!
    biden%20sig.png
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Walked into the living room, saw the cat sleeping under a blanket.

Pretty adorbs

mmb0tLJ.jpg?1
    jBEKRTH.png
    this is the ground entrance:

33_Thomas_entrance.jpg

which illustrates that you can't actually leave a brutalist building alone. all those bits have to be maintained. cracked tiles replaced, lights, etc. even a little litter would stand out visibly, so it has to be cleaned very often.
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    My 'favorite' example of doxing was seeing some people from livejournal try it on a member of a police focused forum I was peripherally involved in.

It ended almost exactly as you would imagine :bz
    ...as does ...

oh i don't know

everthing

trash in a beaux artes style building looks like an affront against god because it's such a measured medium that is supposed to be the pinnacle of beauty

that's a silly argument
    biden%20sig.png
    I disagree; I think noise and detail obscures other detail, whereas clean lines and flat surfaces make any weathering and damage stand out. This strikes me as a common-sense notion.
    ah yes

common sense

that most easy to discern argument
    biden%20sig.png
    my soul does not react to architecture. it is dead, like my VD-ridden penis.
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Mornin [chat]. My todo list is full of stuff and my motivation is full of mehhhhh.

Should at least write an application letter.
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
This discussion has been closed.