Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think my balls are pretty normal but i distinctly remember being about 11 years old and having a female doctor perform my turn-and-cough testicular check. she couldn't find them at first, which was about the most humiliating point of my initial-puberty life. took her like 10 seconds of poking around to find a nut. :(

seppuku, and so on

Man, I wasn't naked in front of my doctor until I was like 17. I can't imagine how traumatized I would have been having to whip out the vag at 11.

Getting naked in front of doctors is always scary. I can only imagine what the next time's gonna be like.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I recently had some fun bodily times getting a massage in Bali.

All I was wearing was this rather tight mesh underwear, it pretty much hid nothing.

And look, there is no helping certain things happening when a woman is massaging your inner thighs.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also, getting rid of your balls would complicate your life in terms of hormones and stuff.

Scooping at your breasts does not (to my knowledge?) carry that same complications. Get some implants and really things are not too much different. Except for, you know, now you are not almost guaranteed to get cancer.

Fertility would also die, yeah.

I am pretty sure you could get alone with testosterone injections/gel though. You might actually need slight estrogen supplements too? Not sure though.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Upon further inspection, I declare Matt Smith fit to rock the shaved-head look. He just has that much swag.

tumblr_mmre50dYmZ1r1tf3yo3_500.png

tumblr_mmre50dYmZ1r1tf3yo1_500.png

And his head scar is still badass.

i won't lie

he is kind of an ugly dude

He does tend to divide the masses this way. He's a hell of a young actor though. If you have the patience, this clip from earlier this season blew me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuDGzIz2uMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lXu9b8mQqt8#!

It always disappoints me that Arthur Darvill was the only one that knew 'natl' is short for 'national' and not... 'natal.'
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    i think my balls are pretty normal but i distinctly remember being about 11 years old and having a female doctor perform my turn-and-cough testicular check. she couldn't find them at first, which was about the most humiliating point of my initial-puberty life. took her like 10 seconds of poking around to find a nut. :(

seppuku, and so on

The cupping and cough thing is an actual thing a doctor has done to you?

I dont think that outside of low brow comedy that happens as part of a check up. And this is before we get to the question of what is going on to make your balls missable

yeah it absolutely has happened with all my physical exams.
    Er, my mangled point being that that is true, but HRT isn't that bad.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Steam just game me 2 coupons for 75% off Total War: Shogun 2. Anyone want em?
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Upon further inspection, I declare Matt Smith fit to rock the shaved-head look. He just has that much swag.

i won't lie

He does tend to divide the masses this way. He's a hell of a young actor though. If you have the patience, this clip from earlier this season blew me away.

It always disappoints me that Arthur Darvill was the only one that knew 'natl' is short for 'national' and not... 'natal.'

i like that you say 'it always disappoints me...' like this is your favorite christmas movie you've watched 20 times

raven i'm not saying you have a problem, but
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Alright [chat]

It's getting late enough that I have two choices

Sleep, like a mature responsible adult

Or tell you guys about the wicked strange dream I had that either featured a cast of [chat]ters, or my brain successfully retconned them in when seeking identities for the people in the dream
    Shivahn wrote: »

Fair point. I wouldn't know, personally. But, still, it represents a bigger life change than the mastectomies. Not saying either sounds fun though.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

seppuku, and so on

I dont think that outside of low brow comedy that happens as part of a check up. And this is before we get to the question of what is going on to make your balls missable

I think we need more people to weigh in on this
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Man. I normally don't watch or pay attention to sports at all, but... oh, and just in case anyone wanted to watch the Leafs but didn't get to tonight...
    We had a 4-1 lead with minutes left on the clock. How the fuck did that get turned around. Seriously, what the dick.
    CDIOl.png
    Shivahn wrote: »

Fair point. I wouldn't know, personally. But, still, it represents a bigger life change than the mastectomies. Not saying either sounds fun though.

Actually I wouldn't for T either. Everyone I know that uses it has it injected, which actually is a pain the ass.

I can't speculate on the biggerness of the life change, since obviously this is an arena where I have biases like whoa.

Breasts vs testicles? Hmm :P
    It has happened in all my physicals as well.

Maybe it is an America thing?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    It has happened in all my physicals as well.

Maybe it is an America thing?

Possibly. It's definitely happened to me.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular

seppuku, and so on

I think we need more people to weigh in on this

My doctor would examine the general area but not do the turn head and cough thing
    CDIOl.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    It's happened to me too. But one of the guys I worked with in Florida had never had it happen to him. So I don't really know if it's a regional thing or what.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Which kinda surprised me, since in Texas I had that happen to me before I got a job too.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I would like to see Captain Jack Harkness in a new episode.

I much preferred him in Dr Who than Torchwood.

But on the other-hand, his last scene in Dr Who was a nice send-off.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Man. I normally don't watch or pay attention to sports at all, but... oh, and just in case anyone wanted to watch the Leafs but didn't get to tonight...
    We had a 4-1 lead with minutes left on the clock. How the fuck did that get turned around. Seriously, what the dick.

It's American hockey policy to absolutely fuck with you guys. Let you guys think you have a chance to make a run for the cup. And then crush it brutally.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Good night [chat]!

Thanks for letting me vent / air my thoughts earlier - it appears to have helped. :)

Be excellent to yourselves and to each other!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Good night [chat]!

Thanks for letting me vent / air my thoughts earlier - it appears to have helped. :)

Be excellent to yourselves and to each other!

Goodnight, Narwhal!

i won't lie

i like that you say 'it always disappoints me...' like this is your favorite christmas movie you've watched 20 times

raven i'm not saying you have a problem, but

I'm the hero the DW fandom deserves.
    wandering wrote: »

Yes, this I have definitely watched 20 times. It is perfect.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

I'm a bit miffed that he won't be coming back for the 50th! He also should have been there for Eleven when he was rallying everyone who owed him a debt at Demon's Run. I think Barrowman and Smith would work so well together.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Thomamelas wrote: »

My roommate and best friend all learned this dance and do it whenever a Smiths song comes on.

Also this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DBEqK3a4lY
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    601880_516826211715577_152967281_n.jpg
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    4 beers and some chips is all the food I have left.

Can't go 36 hours on only chips... anyone goot a good restaurant recomendation in downtown Edmonton, something I should try out before leaving?
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    Beeteedubs Blackpool is the best/worst crime-drama-musical that has ever occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHZp4uR1Rq8
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

I'm a bit miffed that he won't be coming back for the 50th! He also should have been there for Eleven when he was rallying everyone who owed him a debt at Demon's Run. I think Barrowman and Smith would work so well together.

The 50th would have been an excellent time to bring him back, without ruining his earlier send off.
    Mortious on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    601880_516826211715577_152967281_n.jpg

don't speak too soon

I'm sure your hellscape will spawn a spider or snake that causes volcanoes
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    A Study in Emerald is a fun little short story.

I wonder if there is enough meat on the bones to make a setting for a proper novel.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

The 50th would have been an excellent time to bring him back, without ruining his earlier send off.

yeah but he doesn't really owe the doc a debt
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

i won't lie

Oh come on giving them a Sarah Palin tweet was just unfair

She's way less coherent than Snooki
    Zampanov wrote: »

yeah but he doesn't really owe the doc a debt

That was just for A Good Man Goes to War. You're right, he really doesn't, but if the Doctor had called on him to help, he would have.

Say what you will about that midseason finale episode, but A Good Man Goes To War is still one of my favorite episodes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7k-l9wRvM
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    why can't all romantic comedies be forgetting sarah marshall and run fat boy run
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

Those non-existent eyebrows.

That jawline.
    network_sig2.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    A Study in Emerald is a fun little short story.

I wonder if there is enough meat on the bones to make a setting for a proper novel.

I think that would detract from its appeal

when it ended WW1 was already starting, and the edwardian britain that Holmes inhabits is dying. the social change would drown out the gimmick.
This discussion has been closed.