Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• P10P10 Registered User regular
    if he's a bassassin why is he buffing and healing others. that's a bass cleric! :o
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    like, over the whole period output causes M3?

but not in either subset?

what's up with that, was the causality over the Asian financial crisis in two glorious lags really all that stunning

shhhhhhhhh

Ronya

take your pills and settle down

but i have such nice results for the 1975-1998 period :(
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    > testForCausalityForIOne(window(lngdpsa,c(1997,02),c(2012,04)),window(lnm3sa,c(1997,02),c(2012,04)),8)
    Number of lags, selected by AIC: 2

Granger causality H0: output do not Granger-cause money

data:  VAR object model 
    F-Test = 0.3445, df1 = 2, df2 = 108, p-value = 0.7093

Granger causality H0: money do not Granger-cause output

F-Test = 0.7536, df1 = 2, df2 = 108, p-value = 0.4731

==================================================
    > testForCausalityForIOne(window(lngdpsa,c(1986,01),c(2012,04)),window(lnm3sa,c(1986,01),c(2012,04)),8)
    Number of lags, selected by AIC: 2

F-Test = 4.0459, df1 = 2, df2 = 198, p-value = 0.01896

F-Test = 0.1904, df1 = 2, df2 = 198, p-value = 0.8268

> testForCausalityForIOne(window(lngdpsa,c(1986,01),c(1997,02)),window(lnm3sa,c(1986,01),c(1997,02)),8)
    Number of lags, selected by AIC: 1

F-Test = 0, df1 = 1, df2 = 80, p-value = 1

F-Test = 1.0562, df1 = 1, df2 = 80, p-value = 0.3072

IDGI

NO ONE ELSE DOES EITHER!
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I ran a 4E game where we had a shitload of people and 2 DMs and we had a split party situation that we designed and ran separately to playtest, culminating in a massive encounter combining both DMs and parties. The dragon BBEG was almost taken out, and he was set to flee when his health was low. He got away, and that was the end of our one shot. Ho boy the party didn't like that shit.

I love how almost every module has a listing in the monster tactics that says they will try to flee at a certain hit point level. I've had very few GMs actually do it very often though because of how it often leads to table flipping. I mean if its a plot thing, cool. But according to most monster manuals, your players would be spending 15 minutes on a combat only to be robbed of lewts and xp.

If you follow the guides exactly (and no one does), the ones I've seen suggest that you don't just give exp for killing monsters. Party completes a quest? Fuckton of exp. Character manages a series of difficult skill rolls to break out of a dungeon? Exp. Get out of a situation in a clever way? Exp.

If a monster successfully escapes, then the players should still be getting exp. You can adjust the amount how you feel, relative to a kill. And I personally don't like the idea of loot tied to monsters. Despite what Final Fantasy may say, that bear you're fighting probably does NOT carry a wallet for you to steal.

I always viewed that if a dire bear had a bag of holding or something, its because it ate an adventurer and the magic item is inside the bear.

The party, when searching the bear, may notice some twisted chainmail links and flesh in the teeth, stab wounds around the mouth and flanks, and some clues that maybe someone was eaten.

If they choose to tear the bear apart, there could be a prize inside. Or a horrible shitty job that covers them in goop with no payoff.

I am an asshole like that.
    meat.jpg
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    like, over the whole period output causes M3?

but not in either subset?

what's up with that, was the causality over the Asian financial crisis in two glorious lags really all that stunning

shhhhhhhhh

Ronya

take your pills and settle down

but i have such nice results for the 1975-1998 period :(

i know...

i know you do...
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    All I remember about Great Gatsby was this rich dude wanted this chick to touch his wiener but he was too shy to ask so he threw big parties, always hoping she'd come over one day and touch his wiener.

S'weird because you'd think a bigshot rich dude like that would just be lyk "I'm a rich dude, this is my weiner. Have at it." Been a while since I read the book... and I might have just sparknote'd it because I was super lazy in high school...
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    THBC0

to hit bass class 0

You'd probably like my WIP RPG system, Gooey.

you could be a Bassassin... (Real class in my game.)

8]

8: |

8 : o

say what

The setting is a world of music. Every character is a musician of some sort, because music has power in this world.

The combat system is going to be based on modular actions that stack with other previous actions by the characters and simultaneous actions by teammates.

And one class is the Bassassin, whose responsibility is to keep a bass line going to buff and heal the rest of the band.

But of course, dropping the bass would deal devastating damage.

(I don't know music, but i like to pretend I do. Does it work so far?)

soooooo

you're remaking Brutal Legend?

Basically, except my idea came before Brutal Legend was announced... i just never actually worked on it...

But it wouldn't be like Brutal Legend, Brutal Legend was just basic Heavy Metal Covers: The Game.

This would be Music: The RPG.
    i'm venting

lemme vent :|
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    All I remember about Great Gatsby was this rich dude wanted this chick to touch his wiener but he was too shy to ask so he threw big parties, always hoping she'd come over one day and touch his wiener.

S'weird because you'd think a bigshot rich dude like that would just be lyk "I'm a rich dude, this is my weiner. Have at it." Been a while since I read the book... and I might have just sparknote'd it because I was super lazy in high school...

Yeah, too bad about what happens to that boo radley fellow.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I think the thac0 confusion comes from my 2nd ed (read: old as fuck) DM that thinks he knows it and he doesn't

because he was definitely saying that low attack rolls are better than high ones

Maybe he's confusing it with Saving Throws? Weren't 2nd Ed saving throws better if lower?

/don't quite remember, it's been a while

No, saving throws were also aim high.

non-weapon proficiencies were aim low, not high.

Ah, right. Non-weapon proficiencies. Damn, need to turn in my D&D olde man card. I'd totally forgotten. Man there were some good adventures written for 2nd Ed though. The Planescape setting alone was worth playing it.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Shivahn rumors point to Tales of Symphonia 1-2 getting a HD rerelease on PS3

@bloodyroarxx I just went to sleep when this was posted. This is awesome and I hope it happens. I love ToS, despite its extreme cheesiness sometimes.
    TehSloth wrote: »

That one I actually read all the way! :D I liked that one.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Abolish the wage system Ronya.

It will make you feel better.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

bloodyroarxx I just went to sleep when this was posted. This is awesome and I hope it happens. I love ToS, despite its extreme cheesiness sometimes.

oh sweet that is awesome
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    i'm venting

yell at the sky.
    THBC0

to hit bass class 0

8]

say what

The setting is a world of music. Every character is a musician of some sort, because music has power in this world.

The combat system is going to be based on modular actions that stack with other previous actions by the characters and simultaneous actions by teammates.

And one class is the Bassassin, whose responsibility is to keep a bass line going to buff and heal the rest of the band.

soooooo

you're remaking Brutal Legend?

Basically, except my idea came before Brutal Legend was announced... i just never actually worked on it...

But it wouldn't be like Brutal Legend, Brutal Legend was just basic Heavy Metal Covers: The Game.

This would be Music: The RPG.

colour me interested
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

bloodyroarxx I just went to sleep when this was posted. This is awesome and I hope it happens. I love ToS, despite its extreme cheesiness sometimes.

No 360 version?

Table flip
    I wish I had a little more disposable income to get some ATH-M50 headphones.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    the great gatsby movie has the gorgeous woman from drive as daisy
    but great gatsy sux (MORE LIKE POOP GATSBY)
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Yes this is real

uTC2EdZ.jpg
    i'm venting

o-o-ok there buddy

would you like to go into the comfy room where you can vent in peace and comfort?

O_O
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    THBC0

to hit bass class 0

8]

say what

Yes.

stop 21st

you don't want to get desc like this

it's like giving a puppy sugar

21st demote elldren to a tambourine girl pls
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    yo the great gatsby is a shit book deal with it
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Why would Gatsby even be attracted to Daisy she was a flapper

God that was a most unfortunate style
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Oh, and one of the side character chicks was hit by a car and killed. She was hit so hard, in fact, one of her boobs fell off.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Also from what I remember she was almost as vacuous as the novel itself boom roasted
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

It says she is an "Entertainer", which suggests that it's probably tongue in cheek.
    oh this is bad. in my funkier regressions, all my terms are getting coefficients that are effectively zero except for the extra lag. humm..
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

That one I actually read all the way! :D I liked that one.

I thought it was kinda difficult to follow the parts narrated by Benjy.
    Yes this is real

uTC2EdZ.jpg

i started out reading the top of that and was all

"ok, ok, seems legit what's the problem her-"

*scrolls to the bottom*

"ah"
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Gatby pls

Stahp throwin partiez

We r ur naibors it's 2 loud
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Debuff! You must use the recorder/triangle hit table for 3 turns.
    eokNV.jpg
    JT39gus.jpg

I like this poster.
    Anna Pierre - "Bigger than Jesus"
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    art nouveau posters are just tits
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Also from what I remember she was almost as vacuous as the novel itself boom roasted

Carey Mulligan described her character as "a Kim Kardashian of the '20s." I'm sure that comment resulted in a scolding from the movie's publicity director.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

bloodyroarx7x I just went to sleep when this was posted. This is awesome and I hope it happens. I love ToS, despite its extreme cheesiness sometimes.

oh sweet that is awesome

Yes. Yes it is.

I love the Tales series <3
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    gatsby is one of the few books that I both read in highschool and also completely don't remember anything about it, discounting for the era it took place in
    Something something needs more cowbell
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Why would Gatsby even be attracted to Daisy she was a flapper

God that was a most unfortunate style

the heart wants what it wants

flapper girls were the equivalent of twerking back then bro u dig?
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.