Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    art nouveau posters are just tits

huff puff someone said tits
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    sup Shivahn
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Also from what I remember she was almost as vacuous as the novel itself boom roasted

Carey Mulligan described her character as "a Kim Kardashian of the '20s." I'm sure that comment resulted in a scolding from the movie's publicity director.

Why?

It's not really inaccurate
  • TheNomadicCircleTheNomadicCircle Registered User regular
    Anyone here play Atelier games? Why in the world is everyone based on 3 years. Is super annoying. You feel that you have to continually rush everything.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Why would Gatsby even be attracted to Daisy she was a flapper

God that was a most unfortunate style

: o

But but

Flappers
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    THBC0

to hit bass class 0

You'd probably like my WIP RPG system, Gooey.

you could be a Bassassin... (Real class in my game.)

8]

8: |

8 : o

say what

The setting is a world of music. Every character is a musician of some sort, because music has power in this world.

The combat system is going to be based on modular actions that stack with other previous actions by the characters and simultaneous actions by teammates.

And one class is the Bassassin, whose responsibility is to keep a bass line going to buff and heal the rest of the band.

But of course, dropping the bass would deal devastating damage.

(I don't know music, but i like to pretend I do. Does it work so far?)

soooooo

you're remaking Brutal Legend?

Basically, except my idea came before Brutal Legend was announced... i just never actually worked on it...

But it wouldn't be like Brutal Legend, Brutal Legend was just basic Heavy Metal Covers: The Game.

This would be Music: The RPG.

colour me interested

I might start working on the framework of it this summer... maybe...

I don't remember all the classes I had for it, just Bassassin and Solomancer...

Solomancers are like the mages, they have powerful attacks, but they can't be interupted by effects during their big attacks.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Also from what I remember she was almost as vacuous as the novel itself boom roasted

Carey Mulligan described her character as "a Kim Kardashian of the '20s." I'm sure that comment resulted in a scolding from the movie's publicity director.

Why?

Makes the character inherently unlikeable (before audiences even see the movie and discover for themselves that she's unlikeable) just with the association.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    edited May 2013
    yo the great gatsby is a shit book deal with it

have you noticed how every book forced on you in high school and touted as literary crack cocaine usually is

it's almost like they don't want kids to read "here are the best books in the world kids, but they're still pretty shit"
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Man
    Upgrading a Ruby on Rails app from 0.9.3 to 2.3.1 is a fucking project.

Like, a really annoying project.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    sup Shivahn

I am technically awake now! Also my body has decided that 8AM is wakeup time no matter what apparently. Which is ok I guess.

How 'bout you?
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

the heart wants what it wants

flapper girls were the equivalent of twerking back then bro u dig?

Finally someone explains it in terms I can understand

#sleepalldayflapallnight

#freecrunkbear
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    waffffleeeee taaaccccossss
    unf unf unf unf unf
    That made my day.
    I'm a man of simple pleasures.
    TTODewback on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

have you noticed how every book forced on you in high school and touted as literary crack cocaine usually is

it's almost like they don't want kids to read "here are the best books in the world kids, but they're still pretty shit"

The people in the other 11th grade english class got to read the hobbit. We got The Great gatsby. :|
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

the heart wants what it wants

flapper girls were the equivalent of twerking back then bro u dig?

Someone please re-make the Express Yourself video shot for shot with girls in flapper garb.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    OUT

FOR

DELIVERY
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

But but

Flappers

Betty boop looked like a bulldog and talked like a baby

And she was supposed to be titillating
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • P10P10 Registered User regular

Why?

Makes the character inherently unlikeable (before audiences even see the movie and discover for themselves that she's unlikeable) just with the association.
    daisy is inherently unlikeable though. if you ended the novel liking her you got problems
    My favorite thing we read in high school was "the Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus."

Because demons that aren't pure malevolence, probably.

I have a thing for demons.
    Shivahn wrote: »
    sup Shivahn

I am technically awake now! Also my body has decided that 8AM is wakeup time no matter what apparently. Which is ok I guess.

How 'bout you?

my body has decided it is always sleep time

apart from the hours of 9pm-3am

that's feel wide awake time
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    high pitch instruments should be very good at focusing/single target effects

like I'm imagining a debuff where you can't use any instruments, so you either have to risk it and sing untrained (Should be a super risky thing!) or try to make fart noises with your hands (unarmed!)

breath instruments focused on having extremely good effects with the drawbacks of possibly harming your own system (ie. your own breathing is used to power this stuff that has power over things!) but you can use reduced effects or wait to lower the chance of a poorly tuned reprisal

Why?

butbutbut

the character is unlikeable

that's the point
    sup Shivahn

How 'bout you?

my body has decided it is always sleep time

apart from the hours of 9pm-3am

that's feel wide awake time

That is unfortunate.

Let's kick our bodies' asses.

I've found that this has more to do with the "forcing on you" bit than any quality of the material itself

Canadians
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

The people in the other 11th grade english class got to read the hobbit. We got The Great gatsby. :|

the only books i remember reading for school were Animal Farm, The Lord of the Flies, The Machine Gunners (sounds good but it wasn't) and a metric fuckton of Romeo and Juliet
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Beep Booper Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    So it was brought to my attention that someone rolled an entire page full of 1s.
    I wonder if @evilbob should be punished in some way?

bob... you get a saving throw. 1d20. Make it count...
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

I got stuck reading about different mythologies and Shakespeare. I feel as though I lucked out if that's what lots of other people got stuck reading. (Not The Hobbit mind you)
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City

You're lucky

They probably fucking hate the Hobbit
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I really liked most of the forced-literature in highschool. I hated Dickens, but Dickens isn't something that should be read in a week as a novel. It was released a single chapter at a time! That's like having someone watch a whole television series all at once that they're not interested in without any breaks.

I really fucking liked Lord of the Flies as well.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Man
    Upgrading a Ruby on Rails app from 0.9.3 to 2.3.1 is a fucking project.

Like, a really annoying project.

Considering the time frame it's not even that bad. That's from like, a decade ago.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    spool32 wrote: »
    0.9.3 to 2.3.1

Not enough 8-> in the world
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Ruby on Rails always sounds like a drag queen tearing up a karaoke bar because she just did like 4 lines of coke in the restroom
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Is there any easy way to tell if an ailment is allergies or a sickness?

Like... if I take Zyrtec and start feeling better will that tell me that I do not have a sickness but instead have allergies?
    archer2.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    My favorite thing we read in high school was "the Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus."

I saw that play in London, really liked it. Great little story.
    Also former beloved Doctor Who actor Arthur Darvill played Mephistopheles, which greatly enhanced the viewing for me. :D

Doctor-Faustus-Mephistopheles.jpg
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Despite having read the book, I know more about the book from Hark, A Vagrant than the goddamn book itself.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular

I really enjoyed two books from required reading. Frankenstein and The Old Man and The Sea. Frankenstein was a really surprising read to me as I was expecting something completely different. And The Old Man and The Sea really pushed certain buttons for me cause I love the ocean so much and I loved the writing style. I still re-read both of the these from time to time.

But that's it though. Other books I had to read? Ivanhoe? Oh hell no.
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ruby on Rails always sounds like a drag queen tearing up a karaoke bar because she just did like 4 lines of coke in the restroom

Well it feels like wrestling a herd of cats. Not sexy cats either. Scratchy angry cats.
    edited May 2013
    Animal farm is just a hamfisted analogy to show how full of shit communisim is

lord of the flies was a tedious and depressing grind that i took nothing from other than "humans are shit"

the machine gunners was unspeakably dull, in WW2 England some kids come across a crashed german bomber with one of the tail mounted machine guns still in tact, they take the gun and mount it in a little play fort they made in the woods and play soldier with it until they find one of the german bomber crew alive and take him prisoner for a while

the german guy thinks British society has fallen and he's being held captive by child soldiers

i forget the rest
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    Two projects with virtually the same deadline and probably around the same amount of time needed on each one which happens to coincide with the total time from here to the deadline enter, one project or maybe two half-finished projects or one project and a convincing picture of another project that will fall down when you touch it leaves.
This discussion has been closed.