Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Worst book in HS that was sold as a 'great book' was 'The Fountainhead'.

Fuck you. Worst book ever.
    steam_sig.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    you are already bread

lunch time
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Also, Passenger could be using a different version of Ruby than the one you actually set up if you moved to a new distro that had an older version already set installed

Today I had to write my own Array#rotate because woo Ruby 1.8.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    In Marseille, d'Aubigny and Serannes gave dueling exhibitions, sang and told stories in inns. When dueling, d'Aubigny dressed in male clothing but did not conceal her biological sex, which served to increase interest in her. While in Marseille it is said she joined the music academy of Pierre Gaultier, singing in the theatre under her maiden name.

Eventually, she grew bored of Serannes and became involved with a young lady. When the girl's parents put her away in the Visitandines convent in Avignon, d'Aubigny followed, entering the convent as a novice. There she stole the body of a dead nun, placed it in the bed of her lover and set the room afire to cover their escape. Their affair lasted for three months before the young lady returned to her family. D'Aubigny was charged in absentia—as a male—with kidnapping, body snatching, arson and failing to appear before the tribunal. The sentence was death by fire.

Ah history.

La Maupin is the bestest
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    running through FF VIII again i'm amazed at how much easier i'm finding it, bosses i remember repeatedly kicking my ass are giving me no trouble at all now

as much as i would like to think it;s just because i am now x10 more leet at gaming than my 12 year old self it probably has a lot more to do with the fact 12 year old me found the junction tutorials absolutly incomprehensible

if you understand how they work though it makes the game a little take-the-piss-easy

like, "all my chars have HP in excess of 2000 and the boss can only deal damage of 160 at a time assuming i don't use protect spells" easy

i think the difficulty curve will catch up to me eventually though and i'm looking forward to it, it's another FF i never completed because of a near end game boss i couldnt get past because i never learned how any of the junction stuff worked...
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Worst book in HS that was sold as a 'great book' was 'The Fountainhead'.

Fuck you. Worst book ever.

I think the only book I sparknoted and didn't actually read in high school was that Aldous Huxley piece of shib
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    Where the hell has The Fountainhead on a school reading list? Did you grow up in an undersea city forged by the will of one incredible man?
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I was reminded of this.
    MrcEx2Z.jpg
    Splendid jetpack dreams of the Apatosaurus named Brontosaurus.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fist of the North Star is like 20% recap episodes and clip shows.

No really. The show is fun to watch if you like sort-of 80's-90's B-roll action shows, but each show is only like 12-15min long of actual show while the rest is recaps. A lot of early Naruto was like this too. Made it almost unbearable.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun show, it's just I remember two, maybe three stretches in the later half where several consecutive episodes were spent explaining what had happened up to that point.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    running through FF VIII again i'm amazed at how much easier i'm finding it, bosses i remember repeatedly kicking my ass are giving me no trouble at all now

as much as i would like to think it;s just because i am now x10 more leet at gaming than my 12 year old self it probably has a lot more to do with the fact 12 year old me found the junction tutorials absolutly incomprehensible

if you understand how they work though it makes the game a little take-the-piss-easy

like, "all my chars have HP in excess of 2000 and the boss can only deal damage of 160 at a time assuming i don't use protect spells" easy

i think the difficulty curve will catch up to me eventually though and i'm looking forward to it, it's another FF i never completed because of a near end game boss i couldnt get past because i never learned how any of the junction stuff worked...
    Let me put it this way.

It won't.

Also if you really want to break it, use diablos no-exp.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    FF8 is extremely easy if you don't level up. Ever.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Where the hell has The Fountainhead on a school reading list? Did you grow up in an undersea city forged by the will of one incredible man?

I only had to read Anthem but a lot of my classmates had to read The Fountainhead.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    brave new world was fine

it was about doing hella drugs in the future
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Okay, I can't tell if this is satire or not:

http://www.reductress.com/doves-sketch-artist-leaks-drawings-of-the-women-who-actually-were-ugly/

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I just abused selphie's limit break rapture move to insta-defeat every boss.
    Because I'm a dirty cheating whore.

Let me put it this way.

It won't.

Sadly I never finished it either, I think early on in disc three was scratched in an unskippable cinematic so I couldn't get any farther.

I hated the draw system though.

It is?
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I'm having the same thing in FFVI. Nothing is any trouble.

Everything dies to the same recipe too: Celes, use runic. Edgar use drill, Sabin use aurabolt, Locke, you stand there. Don't hurt yourself.
    When I start my next FF8 playthrough, I'm tempted to do a full-level run.

Basically once I get the Airship, everyone is going to level 100.

Let me put it this way.

It won't.

ohhhh

what does that do?

why? does it scale enemies strength to your level?

FF games dont usually do that do they?

R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

I feel like I should retry FFX because 15-year-old me didn't understand the whole ...sphere system thing (I forgot what it's called), so maybe I'll get it now.

I'm betting I won't but it's worth a shot.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    So last night I found out something awesome. The keynote speaker at my masters graduation UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon.

I have 0 idea of how my school pulled this off. My guess it was my Dean who I think knows him from his time as the ambassador at the 6 party talks.
    falasig.png
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

AP English - Catholic High School in Monroe, Michigan.

Summer fucking assignment too. Forty page synopsis due first day of class senior year.

Holy fucking fuckity fuck did I hate that class. Didn't even take the AP test, so it was completely pointless and I could have just taken the normal class and slept through it.
    steam_sig.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, I can't tell if this is satire or not:

http://www.reductress.com/doves-sketch-artist-leaks-drawings-of-the-women-who-actually-were-ugly/

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

neither can I

I tend to lean that it is because of how over the top the drawings are

but the point is valid
    Shivahn wrote: »

Everything dies to the same recipe too: Celes, use runic. Edgar use drill, Sabin use aurabolt, Locke, you stand there. Don't hurt yourself.

I knew this when I played it the first time

I also discovered vanish/doom
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I barely used the junction system at all and I rushed through the game without any issues that I can remember

ffvi is shit easy if you abuse like, anything. I've played through a hack to adjust the difficulty and I mostly enjoyed it, except some of the normal mobs too spongy and some of the boss fights made me actually glad I had bought 60 phoenix downs.
    All I brought was a cup of soup for lunch. I really wish I thought of maybe bringing something to eat with it. I'm going to be so hungry come dinner time.
    I still have to complete 8, 9 and 10 and...12.

and 13..

and I gotta finish Star Ocean.

And MGS4. And Azure Dreams. And after I visit my sister I'm gonna nab Thousand Arms...AND I just got Skull Girls and Journey for the PS3.

Yeah, I need to spend less time on the internet.

Let me put it this way.

It won't.

ohhhh

what does that do?

No they don't. To its credit FF8 tried something rather different with gameplay. Whether you like it or not is debatable.

The closest before that was that the final form of Sephiroth got extra stats for each character you had at level 99.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    bundle install returns happiness, everything's installed. Gemfile looks fine.. .I'm not sure what this bundler/setup file is.

Grrr this is a smidge confusing.

Try
    require 'rubygems'
    require 'bundler'
    Bundler.setup :default

trying this now... I made the change in config/boot.rb
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Elldren wrote: »

It is?

Yep. The enemies scale with you as you level, and the junction system lets you max out your stats while being at low levels.

Omega Weapon only has 100k heath if you are at level 1.

If you are at level 100, he has over a million.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    catching up on the thread

Thac0 - believe it or not, thac0 was actually considered a huge improvement over the previous system, which involved looking up every attack roll on a table.

The Great Gatsby - is a rad book but you need to read it when you're not a stupid fucking teenager

Flappers - want the D

art nouveau - or I feed

Vanish/doom

Vanish/x-zone

Just be careful with the second one becuase sometimes it bugs out and weird things happening. I remember fighting the dream stooges and having vanish/x-zone bug out so I couldn't target them anymore and they were "gone" but they still attacked me every round and it didn't end :(
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

Let me put it this way.

It won't.

ohhhh

what does that do?

Enemies become more difficult the more levels you have.

Whereas your characters scale almost completely off the things you have junctioned.
    So levelling only makes the game harder.

PS every time a enemy has a new spell. draw 100 of it. Cerebus notably has triple. Which when junctioned to your speed gives you 5-6 turns for every one of theirs.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Let me put it this way.

It won't.

ohhhh

what does that do?

Nope. FF8 is the odd one out that does this due to how you draw magic.

Also, this is similar to the reason why I don't think I'd ever actually play through FF7 again. I was already somewhat breaking that game after the first couple of times I played through it. Now? Pfft. Savior Sephiroth would be mine.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    the vanish/kill bugs are fixed in newer versions of ffvi if you're playing them
    Mim wrote: »

I feel like I should retry FFX because 15-year-old me didn't understand the whole ...sphere system thing (I forgot what it's called), so maybe I'll get it now.

I'm betting I won't but it's worth a shot.

the sphere grid ain't hard

it gives you the illusion of a lot of choice and complexity but in reality unless you find craploads of key spheres lying around (i never do) you aren't going to have that many paths to choose from

it's mostly a linear progession for each char with a handfull of forks in the road
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    FF8 was so easy

ULTIMA INTO SWORD
    LIONHEART FOR 255K DAMAGE
    Also, Omega Weapon has level 5 death, so being max level makes him pretty much unbeatable unless you horde invincibility items.
This discussion has been closed.