Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Cass what if I feel my inner Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels coming out in your campaign.

r u still mad that u cant hack a computer....

WHY WOULD ANYONE SUGGEST ME TO DO THAT

I have one dot! I'm a petty thief!

But mostly my desire for hilarious self-sabotage is rising so of course I had to try.

I promise to not take anyone else down with me except maybe jacobkosh

desc my guy will do lines of ground-up mummy powder off ur broken body

I want to give you something to do! And you found the knife. So the being sneaky bit worked!

It's fine. When in doubt, put him in a really questionable situation. That's my philosophy.

Just wait till you hear the story I have planned.
    Gonna regal the Chief with stories about how you're a criminal idiot savant. You can bypass a security system with the best of them but then you'll bite on the fake Van Goghs and the costume jewelry.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Schooled from birth through college in charleston, south carolina, and I was assigned more of the koran to read compared to the bible throughout public schooling.

Honestly probably should have been assigned more of both. These are important documents to people! Shitloads of context for literature and history, here.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Dude.

I'm not an expert on breast cancer. But doesn't this seem like overkill?

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/2013/05/14/angelina-jolie-says-she-had-double-mastectomy/aaGHkUdzJeknIgNsRUtc4M/story.html

I mean cutting off your boobs (especially when you're an actress and considered one of the most beautiful women in the world) because you are more likely to get breast cancer (but don't actually have it yet) seems super extreme

Unless you are 87% likely and then it's dumb not to.

Like playing Russian roulette with an eight shot revolver and only one of them ISN'T loaded.

It is entirely not worth the risk of metastasis, as sucky as losing awesome body parts is.

if she hasn't already she'll get implants

the only thing she'll lose is the ability to breast feed, but i suspect she's done having kids

Well I mean, even with implants I'd imagine there's something nice about feeling intact that is lost, and that really, really sucks.

But yeah I'm sure it won't be a huge thing and I'm really glad she shared because mastectomies are scary and sucky if you're not a trans guy or something.

oh fully

can't imagine how gutted i'd be if i had to lose my nuts or something

though admittedly that seems a lot worse than a mastectomy
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    Pants, I just wanted to update you if you weren't aware, Angelina Jolie had an almost 90% chance of getting breast cancer.
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Yeah but breast cancer has a ~90% survival rate if found early. So she has a ~90% chance of getting a disease with a ~90% survival rate. Instead of getting increased screening and treating the potential cancer, she just had them cut off (which also would have been an option upon diagnosis). If I had a 90% chance of getting nose cancer with a similar survival rate, I'm not going to cut it off just in case.

Yeah, but the treatment's effect on the body is pretty fucking brutal.

Like, cancer treatment isn't just "take this pill twice a day and it's cured".
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, I can't tell if this is satire or not:

http://www.reductress.com/doves-sketch-artist-leaks-drawings-of-the-women-who-actually-were-ugly/

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

This is definitely satire, and hilarious
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone wanna raid some relics with me tonight?

I would like to but it is a matter of whether I will have time or not.

I will be able to get back to you later about it.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Losing any body part would freak me out. Regardless of what it was.
    digits, limbs, manboobs, the d.
    Yeah all of it would freak my out.
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Pants, I just wanted to update you if you weren't aware, Angelina Jolie had an almost 90% chance of getting breast cancer.
    Explosive Ordinance Disposal
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Yeah but breast cancer has a ~90% survival rate if found early. So she has a ~90% chance of getting a disease with a ~90% survival rate. Instead of getting increased screening and treating the potential cancer, she just had them cut off (which also would have been an option upon diagnosis). If I had a 90% chance of getting nose cancer with a similar survival rate, I'm not going to cut it off just in case.

If your family has a history of dying from it?

And if you can effectively have it perfectly reconstructed? And have the resources that make it interfere minimally with your life?

The hell I wouldn't. 90% survival doesn't mean you don't still have a long and shitty course of treatment.
    steam_sig.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Even neglecting that cancer treatment sucks, I wouldn't exactly be comfortable with a 1/5 chance of dying early of cancer. That's still...incredibly high
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    OUT

FOR

DELIVERY

skippydumptruck Hey! How'd your wife's interviews go?

@visiblehowl

had 3 in pdx, 2 in chi

pdx ended up being too cheap, so I think job's out of the running

chi hasn't called back so we're guessing that's no go too

maybe stuck in tx for the summer : (

D:D:D:

Man I'd rather you move to Oregon than get stuck in Texas for summer. :( Sux duder.

s'okay

austin is not horrible by any stretch, so if we're here for another few months until one of us finds something good, we'll manage : )
    Winky wrote: »
    Hey, anyone wanna raid some relics with me tonight?

I would like to but it is a matter of whether I will have time or not.

I will be able to get back to you later about it.

You get home too late for me because time zones...

So we should play during the week-ends, i guess?
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

It seems like taking a ~10% risk of agonizing death like you watched your mom do is not something you should accept lightly.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    it's ordnance, damn it

explosive ordinance disposal is when you plant explosives under the halls of parliament
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I thought Angelina's mom died of Ovarian cancer.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

You'd be advised to. Replacing your nose is a shitload easier than going through a round of chemotherapy and then replacing your nose.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Dude.

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/2013/05/14/angelina-jolie-says-she-had-double-mastectomy/aaGHkUdzJeknIgNsRUtc4M/story.html

I mean cutting off your boobs (especially when you're an actress and considered one of the most beautiful women in the world) because you are more likely to get breast cancer (but don't actually have it yet) seems super extreme

Like playing Russian roulette with an eight shot revolver and only one of them ISN'T loaded.

It is entirely not worth the risk of metastasis, as sucky as losing awesome body parts is.

the only thing she'll lose is the ability to breast feed, but i suspect she's done having kids

Well I mean, even with implants I'd imagine there's something nice about feeling intact that is lost, and that really, really sucks.

But yeah I'm sure it won't be a huge thing and I'm really glad she shared because mastectomies are scary and sucky if you're not a trans guy or something.

I doubt she sees her breasts as something 'nice' and that intact feeling gives her anything.

I'd say, with the odds, more likely she sees them as a festering bomb that's going to go off and kill her at anytime, and she's hopeless to prevent it. 87%...

Ok that is true. I know plenty of mastectomy patients do feel that way, but it's probably less common in someone where it's preventative because of such crazy risks. I can't help but project a little bit right here, I think.

It seems like taking a ~10% risk of agonizing death like you watched your mom do is not something you should accept lightly.

it's not even like that.

it's like ,you have 90% risk of having an agonizing treatment and a 10% risk of having an agonizing treatment that fails and kills you on top of that...
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I now have less crazy results!

... but also less exciting ones. hrm.
    famous person makes personal medical decision

public has opinions

?????
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would definitely cut off my nose and then go as skeletor for Halloween every year
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    There's also the sense in which being a beautiful famous actress who gets a mastectomy will positively affect the outlook of women who are going to have to go through it themselves and feel immensely self-conscious about it.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I mean I just wrestled with getting another CT scan and that's a 0.1% increase in risk of contracting a fatal cancer
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dude.

oh fully

They could take my balls In. A. Second. if I had a 90% chance of testicular cancer.

If I was still thinking about having (more) kids, I'd freeze a sample or something. Otherwise...who cares if they are a real pair, or cosmetic prosthetics?

Again - just because survival rates are high doesn't mean it doesn't getting cancer doesn't still suck.
    zagdrob on
    steam_sig.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I would give up most superfluous bits of my body to avoid cancer treatment

if I had to give up something like a limb I'd have to think long and hard about it
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

public has opinions

?????

Well, she wrote an op-ed piece on it, so it's kinda merited.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Skippy it was her boobs. They didn't belong to her they were a national treasure.
    dkmouthsig.png
    I would definitely cut off my nose and then go as skeletor for Halloween every year

tycho brahe
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

public has opinions

?????

c'mon man

angelina jolies boobs were a gift from god to human kind

they belonged to everyone
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    TehSloth wrote: »

public has opinions

?????

Well, she wrote an op-ed piece on it, so it's kinda merited.

ahh
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

wow this is inappropriate as hell dude

you could go as lord voldemort every second year.
    Dude.

oh fully

God I want to input on this as someone who can actually compare the two, but that also puts me in a super biased position, so...

I dunno. I think the thing that'd bug me about a mastectomy in an of itself (well, besides all the other stuff) would be that it's something that's super visible, especially to oneself. Like testicles... I dunno about you but I forget they're there unless they get whacked or something. Breasts I am constantly aware of.

So yeah, I dunno. Either way sucks but it's a different suck with different reasons.
    Skippy it was her boobs. They didn't belong to her they were a national treasure.

CALL NIC CAGE

public has opinions

?????

To be fair she did come out and announce it publicly to news stations

That invites public opinion
    G2Dcf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Okaym what do i do this afternoon.

A) Work on my second card game (But probably fail to do much)
    B) Start working on my tabletop RPG
    C) Start working on my Marvel Heroic Roleplaying campaign
    21stCentury on

public has opinions

?????

Public has opinions because

1) preventative and

2) sexualization of women

basically.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

wow this is inappropriate as hell dude

you could go as lord voldemort every second year.

Must...

Not...

Reference...

Famous dead person...
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    Though most of what I'm hearing is, it was totally her decision and entirely reasonable no matter what she chose, which doesn't strike me as a poor response to her announcement
    G2Dcf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.