Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Anyone here play Atelier games? Why in the world is everyone based on 3 years. Is super annoying. You feel that you have to continually rush everything.
    I own all the PS2 and PS3 Atelier games.

So that you replay them is the short answer.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    RIFT is going free to play.

I just need to see if it has insane shitloads of quests to see if I want to play it.

It has regular quests, supplemented by dynamic 'invasions'. The game is basically a WoW clone with some improvements.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Oh i think i read Frankinstein too

that i did enjoy

i never stop enjoying the fact that sci-fi as we know it was invented by a lady

throws the next couple of centuries into a stark light really

It's a book about a really lonely creature!

It's like someone wrote a book about chat >.>

But yeah, I love it. I need to reread it. The fact that it was penned by a lady in the 19th century is really cool too.

Though the 19th century had some fucking badass ladies. Ada Lovelace, for example.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    But what's eating Gilbert grape seemed pretty terrible

o_O

He was great in that.

You can be great in a movie and it still stinks

I've only seen chunks and it seemed booooooraaaaang
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

What is this
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Fried Green Tomatoes-esque
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

Fried Green Tomatoes was also a good movie. Your opinions are rat poison.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    OUT

FOR

DELIVERY

@skippydumptruck Hey! How'd your wife's interviews go?
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sarksus wrote: »

I just need to see if it has insane shitloads of quests to see if I want to play it.

It has regular quests, supplemented by dynamic 'invasions'. The game is basically a WoW clone with some improvements.

The way they do classes being (kind of) one of them. Though you can gimp yourself if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    A Bassassin would be a guy who plays discordant notes to disrupt the bass line of the enemy's melody, leaving them disorganized and lost and vulnerable to a Falsetto Assaulto, after which they are treble cleft in twain

The bard in Rift is kind of like this.

On that note, I just saw that Rift is going F2P.
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

What is this

And why does it reload every time I open the page.
    Elldren wrote: »
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

ooooh whatever happened with that game?

It came out and the combat was repetitive. You have to charge tokens for the weapon and the ammo before you can use them. People beat it pretty quick too. I was expecting something with more meat rather than a simplified and gamified FTL.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

ooooh whatever happened with that game?

This was from a review of it. Apparently it has a very annoying interface and isn't all that fantastic generally.
    xlh6c3.png
    spool32 wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

8EZV0h4l.jpg

Bundles installed? Gemfile up to par?

The way they do classes being (kind of) one of them. Though you can gimp yourself if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

Yeah I liked the way classes were done.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    fried green tomatoes are delicious fyi hth
    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited May 2013
    Also that game is called Star Command, for people asking about it. It's an iOS game.
    Sarksus on
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

What is this

star command or something like that. It's on ios, pretty good. Can get hectic but I haven't played too much yet.
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Is there any easy way to tell if an ailment is allergies or a sickness?

Like... if I take Zyrtec and start feeling better will that tell me that I do not have a sickness but instead have allergies?
    I mean, that would probably be a good tell, but if you're in that much doubt you should probably see a doctor

But that requires taking time off work for potentially nothing. I wanted to resort to some self tests before I bothered with all that nonsense.
    archer2.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

that i did enjoy

But yeah, I love it. I need to reread it. The fact that it was penned by a lady in the 19th century is really cool too.

Though the 19th century had some fucking badass ladies. Ada Lovelace, for example.

it's sci-fi!

and hey

i ain't lonely >:V

i'm sociopathic
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    @spool32 actually, that looks like the Bundler gem isn't installed at all.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Cass what if I feel my inner Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels coming out in your campaign.

r u still mad that u cant hack a computer....

WHY WOULD ANYONE SUGGEST ME TO DO THAT

I have one dot! I'm a petty thief!

But mostly my desire for hilarious self-sabotage is rising so of course I had to try.

I promise to not take anyone else down with me except maybe @jacobkosh

@desc my guy will do lines of ground-up mummy powder off ur broken body
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

DUDE THERE ARE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF TALENT COMBINATIONS

*narrows it down to the top 3 or 4 raiding specs*
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

8EZV0h4l.jpg

Bundles installed? Gemfile up to par?

bundle install returns happiness, everything's installed. Gemfile looks fine.. .I'm not sure what this bundler/setup file is.

Grrr this is a smidge confusing.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

that i did enjoy

it's sci-fi!

and hey

i ain't lonely >:V

i'm sociopathic
    i'm both
    Per3th.jpg
    Ludious wrote: »

Fried Green Tomatoes was also a good movie. Your opinions are rat poison.

I think I saw that movie when I was 7. All I remember is a kid getting his arm knocked off by a train? And lots of middle aged women
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fist of the North Star is like 20% recap episodes and clip shows.
    bundle install returns happiness, everything's installed. Gemfile looks fine.. .I'm not sure what this bundler/setup file is.

Try
    require 'rubygems'
    require 'bundler'
    Bundler.setup :default

• CindersCinders Registered User regular
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

What is this

Weird, it was doing that to me with the girl with the big pistols.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Fisting of the north star, however, is an entirely different show.
    I might play some Rift after it goes F2P. I almost never try to optimize my characters in MMOs so the class system was still fun to me, and the rift invasions were good. Guild Wars 2's dynamic events are a more pervasive implementation of that idea, though, so I'm not sure if I'd stick with Rift for too long.
    Cinders wrote: »
    spacecommand.jpg&w=1150

What is this

Weird, it was doing that to me with the girl with the big pistols.

Time for a witch hunt.
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    Oh hey Dan Brown's latest masterpiece is out. I wonder what the [adjective] [profession] [character] does in it this time?
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    However the 80% that is not recap has fun stuff like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po77bJk1DdI
    Bogart wrote: »
    Oh hey Dan Brown's latest masterpiece is out. I wonder what the [adjective] [profession] [character] does in it this time?

[verb]
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    In Marseille, d'Aubigny and Serannes gave dueling exhibitions, sang and told stories in inns. When dueling, d'Aubigny dressed in male clothing but did not conceal her biological sex, which served to increase interest in her. While in Marseille it is said she joined the music academy of Pierre Gaultier, singing in the theatre under her maiden name.

Eventually, she grew bored of Serannes and became involved with a young lady. When the girl's parents put her away in the Visitandines convent in Avignon, d'Aubigny followed, entering the convent as a novice. There she stole the body of a dead nun, placed it in the bed of her lover and set the room afire to cover their escape. Their affair lasted for three months before the young lady returned to her family. D'Aubigny was charged in absentia—as a male—with kidnapping, body snatching, arson and failing to appear before the tribunal. The sentence was death by fire.

Ah history.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    omae wa mou shindeiru
    *explodes*
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    Fist of the North Star is like 20% recap episodes and clip shows.

No really. The show is fun to watch if you like sort-of 80's-90's B-roll action shows, but each show is only like 12-15min long of actual show while the rest is recaps. A lot of early Naruto was like this too. Made it almost unbearable.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Try
    require 'rubygems'
    require 'bundler'
    Bundler.setup :default

Also, Passenger could be using a different version of Ruby than the one you actually set up if you moved to a new distro that had an older version already set installed
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.