Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I just gave away a DoTA2 one, I know someone else who will also take one if you want to send one my way on the steams
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I'm an ibrony.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I do hope it converges and gives an invertible Hessian...

:winky:

not sure why :winky:

(it didn't converge :()

I don't know it just sounded sexual to me
    vspgsp.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    that

that was sarcasm spool

we do not have reasonable arguments about things
    919UOwT.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will is jealous because he sucks at drawing

i understand that the trick is to get the picture like 90% done

and then move on to something else

this is a work of art
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    Hey Mazzyx

Can you hook a brother up with some Torchlight 1?

Note that I am as white as the day is long.

Sure, it has been sitting in my steam inventory for like 2 years.

Just send me your steam id.
    falasig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    i was kind of excited for dota 2

and then i read the dev log

apparently the mission was to recreate dota and preserve all the frustrating, nonsensical fiddly bits

but update the graphics

fuck

that
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    that drawing style is wildly unappealing to me

stones, glass houses
    kidding!

anyway here's a comic from strip search

tumblr_mm9rpvsm3q1rfaliro1_500.jpg
    xlh6c3.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    nooooooooooooooooooo

aaron went out all last night to take his mom out for mothers day

tonight he works late

my labia hungers

There is plenty of food in your apartment, just feed it.

.... a cucumber is like a dollar right
    I
    And they should sell condoms nearby.

i can't get cucumber pregnant, can I????

is this where pickles come from??????????????

Actually, I wonder if you just left a cucumber in their long enough...

it's how watermelons are made!
    $7.50 seems like a good deal but I am in a game playing rut right now so I'd probably not play it after buying it.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    wait, evan soltas is blogging at wonkbook?

evan soltas the undergraduate?

I am a failure :|
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    i literally just queued for a game of dota2
    the queue popped and i said "hrm...no" and declined
    i have become a monster and that which i hate
    i hope in the next quake they get rid of all the frustrating, nonsensical fiddly bits like bunny hopping and rocket jumping!!
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    steam gave me a couple 75% off coupons for Total War: Shogun 2. PM me if you want one.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    @SammyF

Just pm me your steam name I gotta head out for a bit.

@Sarksus
    I will send you the coupon. It is a good game, get 15 hours and you made bank off of it.
    falasig.png
    I do hope it converges and gives an invertible Hessian...

not sure why :winky:

(it didn't converge :()

I don't know it just sounded sexual to me
    vspgsp.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    wait, evan soltas is blogging at wonkbook?

evan soltas the undergraduate?

I am a failure :|

Let's not start this! We'll all get depressed.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I am very not happy about the IRS targeting people based on their politics.

Somewhere I have a clip of Obama joking about people getting audited... It's not funny now.

There's a slightly broader problem here where recent evolutions of campaign finance laws have caused a proliferation of 501(c)(4)'s that engage in political campaigning, and the FEC has been effectively neutered as a regulatory agency with respect to those 501(c)(4)'s, and so the only way to keep them anywhere approaching above-board is to check their taxes to make sure they are behaving in a way in which they are entitled to their 501(c)(4) status, and moreover there are many, many more right-leaning 501(c)(4)'s that were started over the last couple of years than left-leaning 501(c)(4)'s, and establishing any policy in which the IRS wants to check those new 501(c)(4)'s for the purposes of ensuring that current campaign finance law is being observed without auditing every 501(c)(4) started in the last couple of years (including those non-political 501(c)(4)'s) will require a delimiting criteria that is inherently political in nature.

Having said that, I acknowledge that this particular implementation of a policy sucks balls.

No one of this stuff matters - it's a distraction to talk about it.

If you have a nonpartisan rubric for closer scrutiny, you just follow it and you'll over sample conservative groups if there are more of them applying. They did not do this, and instead used keyword criteria based on the name of the organization. They specifically went after small-govt and tea party groups because of their politics.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    I have something to say about this IRS thing, I'll just head over to the Obama thread and-

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

say it here

we'll have a well-reasoned and respectful discussion about it!

I just think it's extremely problematic for the IRS to be focusing energy based on assumed political affiliation of its targets. It's a huge line to cross in terms of honest government and people's belief in the system. It's terrible PR as well to be hassling the very groups that are motivated by big, stupid, inefficient government.

As we get closer to ACA implementation I cannot imagine a reason why any Democrat would support or defend efforts to prove us right when we say government can't be trusted to deal fairly with people and ought to be strangled as much as possible.

If no one gets fired over this I'll have to conclude that the Obama admin is basically corrupted by political desire to win and views me as an enemy or an impediment, rather than a citizen. This is the line for me, and if we cross it without some consequences for those who were involved, I'll no longer be able to trust the administration to deal honestly in any other circumstance.

@ronya @gooey @sarksus and others.

This is an eminently terrible take away from this.

It is just so incredibly wrong and horrible I don't know what else to say. Obama didn't like what happened, they had already been told to stop it once again.

This is not them making YOU an enemy, nor was it stopping any tea party group from getting charitable status under the law.

I just.

Come on, man.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • TheNomadicCircleTheNomadicCircle Registered User regular
    So anyone know the required number of applications for a good percentage of acceptance? I'm currently at 8.

Its not that I don't fear acceptance my writing skills, language and marks are top notch, I currently have 3.78/4.0 GPA, so I think I'm in a good position to get in somewhere but I need to feel secure.
    DON'T DO IT MAZZ YOU'LL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
    that drawing style is wildly unappealing to me

"This doesn't look anything like like Moon Over June at all!"
    vspgsp.jpg
    that

that was sarcasm spool

Geth, calculate @gooey sarcasm level
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    So anyone know the required number of applications for a good percentage of acceptance? I'm currently at 8.

Its not that I don't fear acceptance my writing skills, language and marks are top notch, I currently have 3.78/4.0 GPA, so I think I'm in a good position to get in somewhere but I need to feel secure.

expand your options and apply to other countries too then
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

college? work? dating sites?
    political [chat] hatefuck imminent

prepare emergency ky dispensers

initiate plan bravo uniform tango tango
    919UOwT.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    P10 wrote: »
    i hope in the next quake they get rid of all the frustrating, nonsensical fiddly bits like bunny hopping and rocket jumping!!

yeah but bunny hopping and rocket jumping are fun

creep and tower denying are not
    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited May 2013

Somewhere I have a clip of Obama joking about people getting audited... It's not funny now.

There's a slightly broader problem here where recent evolutions of campaign finance laws have caused a proliferation of 501(c)(4)'s that engage in political campaigning, and the FEC has been effectively neutered as a regulatory agency with respect to those 501(c)(4)'s, and so the only way to keep them anywhere approaching above-board is to check their taxes to make sure they are behaving in a way in which they are entitled to their 501(c)(4) status, and moreover there are many, many more right-leaning 501(c)(4)'s that were started over the last couple of years than left-leaning 501(c)(4)'s, and establishing any policy in which the IRS wants to check those new 501(c)(4)'s for the purposes of ensuring that current campaign finance law is being observed without auditing every 501(c)(4) started in the last couple of years (including those non-political 501(c)(4)'s) will require a delimiting criteria that is inherently political in nature.

Having said that, I acknowledge that this particular implementation of a policy sucks balls.

If you have a nonpartisan rubric for closer scrutiny, you just follow it and you'll over sample conservative groups if there are more of them applying. They did not do this, and instead used keyword criteria based on the name of the organization. They specifically went after small-govt and tea party groups because of their politics.

but keyword criteria is how the IRS operates here, for practical reasons:
    1) The core issue here is that the IRS was using the term “tea party” and its associated language as a flag for organizations that might be more political than the 501(c)4 designation permitted. As Juliet Eilperin writes, this kind of category-based approach to choosing which applications require more scrutiny is typical for the IRS. It’s even used in individual tax returns. The question was whether, when it came to the 501(c)4 groups, the only kind of political activity being rigorously screened was conservative political activity. Was tea party language the only red flag? Or did other kinds of politicized language set off alarm bells, too? If so, what was that language?

the question is the balance of the keywords used
    ronya on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    one of my best friends is gonna be on national radio!

also his song is gonna be played on the same radio

http://www.nrk.no/urort/Laat/426454/default.aspx

morten.jpg&w=704
    xlh6c3.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

Apply to every school. It's the only way to be sure.

I applied to one grad program and got in.

There is no percentage of success. Sometimes you spit into the wind and it doesn't hit you in the face, sometimes it does.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

you don't get to pretend to be above-it-all or annoyed when you were egging it on man.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    sporks are da best
    eatin' da pintos and cheese with da sporks
    taco bell is the best.
    Check out the rack on that spoon.
    lucky mother forker.

I must silence you before you thoughts spread like a plague.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    one of my best friends is gonna be on national radio!

also his song is gonna be played on the same radio

http://www.nrk.no/urort/Laat/426454/default.aspx

morten.jpg&w=704

Dat neckbeard.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • P10P10 Registered User regular

yeah but bunny hopping and rocket jumping are fun

creep and tower denying are not
    i disagree and u sux

you don't get to pretend to be above-it-all or annoyed when you were egging it on man.

what are you talking about
    919UOwT.png
  • TheNomadicCircleTheNomadicCircle Registered User regular

expand your options and apply to other countries too then

I am applying to the US, UK and here in Canada. I feel I should apply to Turkey and India for some reason.
    kaleedity wrote: »

college? work? dating sites?

Sorry I mean Graduate studies particular in the field of Pre-Modern South Asian studies, focusing on the Mughals, or Inner/Central Asia focusing either on the Uzbek Kaghanate or the relations of the Turks and China in the 6th-7th centuries.
    I have something to say about this IRS thing, I'll just head over to the Obama thread and-

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

say it here

we'll have a well-reasoned and respectful discussion about it!

I just think it's extremely problematic for the IRS to be focusing energy based on assumed political affiliation of its targets. It's a huge line to cross in terms of honest government and people's belief in the system. It's terrible PR as well to be hassling the very groups that are motivated by big, stupid, inefficient government.

As we get closer to ACA implementation I cannot imagine a reason why any Democrat would support or defend efforts to prove us right when we say government can't be trusted to deal fairly with people and ought to be strangled as much as possible.

If no one gets fired over this I'll have to conclude that the Obama admin is basically corrupted by political desire to win and views me as an enemy or an impediment, rather than a citizen. This is the line for me, and if we cross it without some consequences for those who were involved, I'll no longer be able to trust the administration to deal honestly in any other circumstance.

@ronya @gooey @sarksus and others.

This is an eminently terrible take away from this.

It is just so incredibly wrong and horrible I don't know what else to say. Obama didn't like what happened, they had already been told to stop it once again.

This is not them making YOU an enemy, nor was it stopping any tea party group from getting charitable status under the law.

I just.

Come on, man.

I disagree, and I don't care if Obama didn't like it. I'm sure he's super pissed that this shit came to light!

Heads need to roll or I can't take him seriously at all. If you want your government big and intrusive, and you don't bother to punish it when it does stuff like this, I can only conclude that the behavior will be tolerated again in the future.

oh please
    Lh96QHG.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular

I actually tend to disagree with the notion that "only the facts that are important to me matters" when most people use them, I'm afraid. I am not afraid of money being involved in politics; I come from a state generally referred to the wild west of campaign finance, but we also require full disclosure of all contributions. Abuse of the 501(c)(4) for political purposes will undermine disclosure, and so it's worth taking that seriously, even if doesn't fit conveniently with anyone's sense of outrage.
    that

that was sarcasm spool

Geth, calculate @gooey sarcasm level

geth roll 1d1+8999
    919UOwT.png
    People who have different opinions are talking about them with courtesy and respect!

Hatefuck imminent!
    Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.