Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Boobs are the best.
    PPBBBBBBBBBBFFFFTTTTTTTT

This is why I am supporting a measure to put estrogen in the water supply.

why bother there is already a ton of soy in our foods
    919UOwT.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    http://www.businessinsider.com/north-carolina-may-ban-tesla-sales-2013-5
    North Carolina could ban Tesla from selling its cars if a bill designed to eliminate "unfair competition" becomes law.

'lectric cars are witchcraft.

I'd be surprised if only NC did this

Oil industry is heavily subsidized by the government but the Electric cars are the ones who are committing unfair competition?

Does not compute.

it is longstanding american tradition for entrenched industries to fight new technologies that would replace them with all of their might

The "unfair competition" they're complaining about is the fact that Tesla doesn't have any 3rd party dealers. It's apparently a big deal to people like the NADA, so it isn't just a "wharbl gharbl oil" thing.

North Carolina has no significant oil industry, but some really powerful car dealers.

How is this unfair?

"How dare you find a way to sell direct to the consumer so you have better returns while we are stuck paying for third party lots! We'll totally make it so you have to be just like us!"

Like, how does that not also affect direct warehouse retail?

"We have to pay to restock our shelves via third party retail outlets! That's totally unfair that you don't have to spend as much because you have your own storefront!"

I still don't get it.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    It is apparently really hard to find a website that has speedrunning tricks for Quake

PlanetQuake is dead and SDA's Quake pages don't work so hot anymore
    JKKaAGp.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    After the conversation the other night about how the world is terrible I have been looking up some stats. Apparently only 57 million people die every year? I mean, that's a lot of people, but out of 7 billion people that's not too bad. 1.29 billion people live in poverty. That's a lot :( Apparently 920 million people are malnourished.

And then there are other things, like war and healthcare, and Republicans!

It doesn't feel as hopeless but man, I wish shit was better. I need books about poverty and hunger that aren't depressing.

You should watch more ViceTV, should suck all that hope from your bones.

Hey guys, what's today's episode about.... oh... child suicide bombers and the prevalence of political assassinations in the phillipines.... thanks.

Vice is a show that actually does good stories.

But then they ruin it with their god damn moralizing and preaching which drives me up a wall.

Yes this shit is fucked up. That is blatant and we get that. Stop preaching at me.

I haven't finalized my opinion of ViceTV yet.

I watched 3 episodes. I think part of it is because this is a lot of shit I study anyway. So it doesn't come across as shocking or surprising to me. And I rather just have the story and to make my own judgments on what should be done and not be told about it through a very skewed lens.

The stuff in it is very important and I am glad more folks are learning about it. But I just don't do well when people preach to at me.
    falasig.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    North Carolina could ban Tesla from selling its cars if a bill designed to eliminate "unfair competition" becomes law.

Oil industry is heavily subsidized by the government but the Electric cars are the ones who are committing unfair competition?

Does not compute.

It's not targeting electric cars (wink wink).

The bill is targeting car companies that bypass the standard dealership model and sell directly to consumers without the middle man. Now, it's not at all a coincidence that the one company that does this is a major electric car company (whose business model would be severely hurt if they were forced to use dealerships). But the propaganda won't be played that way at all. It'll be "Most American companies don't have the resources to sell cars on their own, because that's not how it's traditionally done. You don't want Ford to close down because one company is able to use Obama's money to unfairly bypass the traditional structure, do you?" I'm sure electric car elitism will play into it, of course, but it's not like that's all the propaganda will be using.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Boobs are the best.
    PPBBBBBBBBBBFFFFTTTTTTTT

Not nearly enough, clearly.

Look at all these boobless people.

It sickens me.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Boobs are the best.
    PPBBBBBBBBBBFFFFTTTTTTTT

This is why I eat nothing but bull testicles and replaced my bodywash with androgel.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what to say in response to reason or logic being ineffective for depression. I mean that sounds right, in many cases it does appear ineffective, but I was able to control my depression without medication. Does that mean I never had depression despite being diagnosed with it? Am I just a person responding naturally to stimuli that would make anybody sad?
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    It will be worth the increase in random strokes.

It is kind of like that movie Batman Begins.
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    I mean that's you your choice to reject the percentages pants.

But the percentages are likely from researched and informed sources so I have a tendency to side with them.

I hear what you're saying but in my experience that's not how doctors/medical researchers work. As a rule they will generally refuse to give % chances because it implies a greater degree of accuracy than exists.
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I wonder what would happen if Sarksus had boobs...
    Boobs are the best.
    PPBBBBBBBBBBFFFFTTTTTTTT

This is why I eat nothing but bull testicles and replaced my bodywash with androgel.

I wonder how bald and angry someone would become if they did this.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    The idea of an entire group-representation organization composed of nothing but greasy-haired, cutthroat car dealers is

Well it's pretty terrifying.
    network_sig2.png
    Mim wrote: »

You'd probably enjoy it :P

More things to play with is always good.

Mastectomy.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what to say in response to reason or logic being ineffective for depression. I mean that sounds right, in many cases it does appear ineffective, but I was able to control my depression without medication. Does that mean I never had depression despite being diagnosed with it? Am I just a person responding naturally to stimuli that would make anybody sad?

I believe there was a study that showed normal cognitive function is effectively an optimistic distortion of reality.

It won the 2011 most-likely-to-be-cited-by-kids-smoking-behind-the-highschool-gym award for outstanding science.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    The idea of an entire group-representation organization composed of nothing but greasy-haired, cutthroat car dealers is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Lets be honest. Sarks has moobs the unfit bastard.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

Yeah but boobs are better.

They are like round moobs with 300% more nipple.

Mastectomy.

No way. I'd make you wear tiny bikini tops 5eva.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

Does not compute.

It's not targeting electric cars (wink wink).

The bill is targeting car companies that bypass the standard dealership model and sell directly to consumers without the middle man. Now, it's not at all a coincidence that the one company that does this is a major electric car company (whose business model would be severely hurt if they were forced to use dealerships). But the propaganda won't be played that way at all. It'll be "Most American companies don't have the resources to sell cars on their own, because that's not how it's traditionally done. You don't want Ford to close down because one company is able to use Obama's money to unfairly bypass the traditional structure, do you?" I'm sure electric car elitism will play into it, of course, but it's not like that's all the propaganda will be using.

God damn GM.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Is it a coincidence that liberals happen to be the ones eating all the tofu?

Are they liberals because their tofu-induced estrogen makes them effeminate, or do they promote tofu to effeminize America because they're liberals?

Or is it a vicious cycle?
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular

Something something Mitt Romney something
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

Yeah but boobs are better.

They are like round moobs with 300% more nipple.
    big dark areolas
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    As a liberal

Fuck tofu.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

Are they liberals because their tofu-induced estrogen makes them effeminate, or do they promote tofu to effeminize America because they're liberals?

certainly a vicious cycle

does this question even need to be asked
    919UOwT.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

They do publish one of the two major pricing guides for used cars.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

Tofu is running U.S. politics.
    network_sig2.png
    eAsNDlY.jpg

awww yiss, inter-silverware romance.
    eAsNDlY.jpg

awww yiss, inter-silverware romance.

Not in my state!
    network_sig2.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

i wouldn't be so sure that you were "controlling" your depression. it's a funny thing - it comes and it goes and there really isn't any way to rationalize it away.

there are definitely lifestyle changes you can make to help treat it, or mitigate some of the damage it could cause to your life. but that's not really the same thing as "controlling" it.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    sporks are da best
    eatin' da pintos and cheese with da sporks
    taco bell is the best.
    Check out the rack on that spoon.
    lucky mother forker.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2013
    Boobs are the best.
    PPBBBBBBBBBBFFFFTTTTTTTT

i hate to tell you dogg but those ridiculously long eyelashes are never going away
    Irond Will on
  • CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    So wait. Hold up. Selling your product directly to the consumer instead of using a third-party is "unfair competition"?

:rotate:

I don't even
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sporks are great because you can transition from egg drop soup to sweet and sour chicken with no pause.
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Geez that angelina jolie story

that can't have been an easy decision
    I love Erika Moen and I'm thrilled she's doing Oh Joy Sex Toy.
    Irond Will wrote: »

i wouldn't be so sure that you were "controlling" your depression. it's a funny thing - it comes and it goes and there really isn't any way to rationalize it away.

there are definitely lifestyle changes you can make to help treat it, or mitigate some of the damage it could cause to your life. but that's not really the same thing as "controlling" it.

I dunno, I did something that changed how I lived and all of the negative things I thought about myself went away. Now I have self-confidence and self-esteem and I think I'm great. For awhile my depression completely receded and I'm still no longer beholden to the things that I suffered from while I was depressed that first time.

But now it seems to have come back in a different form. I thought that this time I would need medication to treat this because I wasn't sure what decisions or logic could work this time, but after reading statistics on death rates, poverty and hunger I do feel less hopeless. I'm still going to get treated, but I'm not sure if that's viable long-term.
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Boobs are the best.
    PPBBBBBBBBBBFFFFTTTTTTTT

i hate to tell you dogg but those ridiculously long eyelashes are never going away

thank god

8->
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.