Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    eAsNDlY.jpg

awww yiss, inter-silverware romance.

Not in my plate!

• override367override367 Registered User regular
    when Im being strict in what I eat (2/3 veggies minimum, etc) my depression gets worse

its weird
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to say in response to reason or logic being ineffective for depression. I mean that sounds right, in many cases it does appear ineffective, but I was able to control my depression without medication. Does that mean I never had depression despite being diagnosed with it? Am I just a person responding naturally to stimuli that would make anybody sad?

i wouldn't be so sure that you were "controlling" your depression. it's a funny thing - it comes and it goes and there really isn't any way to rationalize it away.

there are definitely lifestyle changes you can make to help treat it, or mitigate some of the damage it could cause to your life. but that's not really the same thing as "controlling" it.

I dunno, I did something that changed how I lived and all of the negative things I thought about myself went away. Now I have self-confidence and self-esteem and I think I'm great. For awhile my depression completely receded and I'm still no longer beholden to the things that I suffered from while I was depressed that first time.

But now it seems to have come back in a different form. I thought that this time I would need medication to treat this because I wasn't sure what decisions or logic could work this time, but after reading statistics on death rates, poverty and hunger I do feel less hopeless. I'm still going to get treated, but I'm not sure if that's viable long-term.

exercise, especially frequent aerobic exercise, has as big an effect on depression as medication. Preferably do both but if medication is difficult because yay US healthcare exercise is still an option.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Awww yay! One of my exes who was rather shy and awkward has found herself another boyfriend and he is a cutie.

Looks like she has kept up with fencing and lost some weight too.

So hopefully big confidence boosts for her all around. :D

(I have been on a catching up with my exes spree on facebook for some reason).

^^stalker
    worrisomeSig.jpg
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    i cant believe i wear two fucking dental nightguards and clench and grind so hard while I sleep my teeth still hurt too much to eat anything harder than a strawberry

Idk what to doooo
    i cant believe i wear two fucking dental nightguards and clench and grind so hard while I sleep my teeth still hurt too much to eat anything harder than a strawberry

Idk what to doooo

Are you super stressed or something?
    worrisomeSig.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    grocery shopping

red onion for the salmon rolls and tartare

lemon for the tartare and the aioli

and tortellini for tonight.

Eggs are sitting in water to get to room temp now. I will make tortellini and then make the aioli.

and make the tartare and the rolls on thursday.

unless the money won't get here before then because I am afraid I will be too broke to buy salmon.
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013
    Hope I get to work out and roll today. I got put on another project to help out short term. It's high profile/visible so my fitness and training goals may still have to suffer
    Dynagrip on
    worrisomeSig.jpg
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Ugh this is so frustrating. Read in a variable from a config file. It's a path to a log file. Pass that variable as an argument to another program which it uses as the path to write it's logs. Then I use that exact same variable to open the log and read it. Problem is that the log is pretty clearly not being updated since it has the wrong date and the command line options shown in the log don't match what I used at all. So far I've narrowed it down to my variable being changed via dark magics, the log file is somehow write protected, or the program that's supposed to be writing the logs is broken.

Works completely fine on my system and other test systems, but it doesn't work at all on the machine I have to pester IT dudes to get stuff for me from. I feel bad that they have to deal with my crap, but whatever, I'm pretty confident in my logic.
    mom_day001-small.jpg?1368512607
    xlh6c3.png
    Man, Gamefly has Battlefield 3 Premium for $10

On one hand, Gamefly

On the other hand, CTF and BF4 beta access if it looks cool

On the other hand, I don't care that much about BF3 anymore

On the other hand, consumerism
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    fuk dreams get paid fyi hth
    919UOwT.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    wat is 'hth'
    oh and I also got powdered sugar because I realized I will have spare egg whites so coconut macarone time
    xlh6c3.png
    cooking is fun
    xlh6c3.png
    ronya wrote: »
    wat is 'hth'

'hope that helps'

hth
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I have something to say about this IRS thing, I'll just head over to the Obama thread and-

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have something to say about this IRS thing, I'll just head over to the Obama thread and-

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

say it here

we'll have a well-reasoned and respectful discussion about it!
    919UOwT.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hth
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

pm me your opinion, if you're willing

I am p curious
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »

based on these pictures

i would reconsider
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    nooooooooooooooooooo

aaron went out all last night to take his mom out for mothers day

tonight he works late

my labia hungers
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    If you really want to know how you unconsciously feel about something, try stating your opinions on it while mentally reciting a phone number. Your conscious mind will be distracted so your statements will be less self-deceptive.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

I don't know who that person is.

But I would prefer to argue with you over ACA than listen to their vapid babbling for another page.

And thanks to vanilla's ignore feature, I don't have to!

Lh96QHG.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

You know what you and I have in common, @spool32?

I have no desire to post in a politics thread right now, either.
    Winky wrote: »
    If you really want to know how you unconsciously feel about something, try stating your opinions on it while mentally reciting a phone number. Your conscious mind will be distracted so your statements will be less self-deceptive.

wat
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I need more small math problems I can use as programming exercises for the coding workshop I'm leading.

The Josephus problem was pretty nice.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

the republican strategy is being super effective re: benghazi and the irs thing
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    They stopped selling the bottle taco bell chipotle sauce around here. I've been unable to find a similar replacement for it.
    Shit goes so well in eggs.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    mksQP6x.jpg

I would've ended up like Pepper Ann had my dad not shown me the way.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I don't care about the IRS thing. I have nothing to say over it.

I am a little sick of wiretapping anything with a pulse, though. But welcome to the new normal of the 21st century I guess.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

905 415 9874...905 415 9874...905 415 9874...905 415 9874...

ANGELINA JOLIE IS DUMB AS HELL FOR CUTTING HER GOODIES OFF
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    nooooooooooooooooooo

tonight he works late

my labia hungers

There is plenty of food in your apartment, just feed it.
    running another MLE. time to wait.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

say it here

we'll have a well-reasoned and respectful discussion about it you dirty racist conservative randian 1%'ing gaybashing zealotous republican

8->
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

based on these pictures

i would reconsider

OH SNAP.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am very not happy about the IRS targeting people based on their politics.

Somewhere I have a clip of Obama joking about people getting audited... It's not funny now.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    nooooooooooooooooooo

tonight he works late

my labia hungers

There is plenty of food in your apartment, just feed it.

If only surrealitycheck were here to meld these two thoughts together with some sort of image that combined foodstuffs with labia.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

say it here

we'll have a well-reasoned and respectful discussion about it!

i hope you and your loved ones dies in a housefire you racist motherfucking moocow

This discussion has been closed.