Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    This test prep app is judging me
    reeJVpD.png

79u6rTE.png

LIFE LESSONS

What is this for it seems pretty basic actually.

It is just basic maths for people like me who forgot all that stuff after high school

Obviously I know how I set up a gog damn direct proportion but I'm just reviewing my fickle memories

I just figured it was something tricky because I could fucking understand it.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Hey, does anyone want 75% off Shogun 2 on Steam?

i have a coupon i don't need. Shoot me a PM if interested.
    no but sometimes my genitals smell strongly of waffles

Blue waffles?

How does it feel to destroy a relationship, Kags

And Chico never went down on cass again.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Trying to decide whether to go out tonight. Haven't had a relaxing night in since Thursday last week! There's a big thing going on down at the lake, I guess there will be fireworks and stuff, but you have to take the bus down and due to the weird place that I live it's a 20 minute walk to the nearest busstop. Alternatively there is a '90s trivia pub quiz, but I really can't stand to drink another night. Uckkkk.

So that's where I'm at.

Just drink water?

But I also know if I go I'm going to eat a ton of crappy bar food to fill the void of not drinking and I don't wanna do that either! Last time I went to pub trivia I was sober and the DD and it wasn't really fun.

At least you got a good story out of it.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    (Phys.org) —A team of researchers from the U.S., Taiwan and China analyzing tooth regeneration in alligators reports that a similar process might possibly be instigated in humans through artificial means

Throw out your tooth brush!

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2013-05-alligator-dental-regeneration-tooth-humans.html#jCp
    one step ahead of you
    Per3th.jpg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have a blister the size of my finger on my finger.

It is both unsightly and uncomfortable!
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    God bless designated drivers

Bless their innocent, pure hearts
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Seriously, it comes with experience. I'm really good at playing the body language game, but it took a lot of study and practice. Especially since I was an online poker player primarily, and played bigger online than RL for a long time. The hand shaking is very common, and just thinking about other factors ha how good your hand is could help.

Reading books like Mike Caro's Book of Tells might be interesting if you like that sorta stuff. I didn't really g that route personally. I went with a broader psychological route, but I did read the book, and it's definitely a good synopsis of a lot of things... If a bit dated now.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to go out tonight. Haven't had a relaxing night in since Thursday last week! There's a big thing going on down at the lake, I guess there will be fireworks and stuff, but you have to take the bus down and due to the weird place that I live it's a 20 minute walk to the nearest busstop. Alternatively there is a '90s trivia pub quiz, but I really can't stand to drink another night. Uckkkk.

So that's where I'm at.

Just drink water?

But I also know if I go I'm going to eat a ton of crappy bar food to fill the void of not drinking and I don't wanna do that either! Last time I went to pub trivia I was sober and the DD and it wasn't really fun.

At least you got a good story out of it.

That part was fun. God I laughed so hard. But the rest of the night was me being really annoying and asking if we could go yet while my friend drank herself to shitting.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular

sure, but i will literally never use it

i'll use it if no one else does and give the game away next March...
    I guess nobody should probably google blue waffles.
    _J_ wrote:
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Raven here's what you do

Go out
    Get white girl wasted
    Eat all the greasy bar food
    Shit in a grate
    Post in chat about it the next day
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I too have one of these.

Valid until 24/5/2013 05:00:00
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Y?
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Seriously, it comes with experience. I'm really good at playing the body language game, but it took a lot of study and practice. Especially since I was an online poker player primarily, and played bigger online than RL for a long time. The hand shaking is very common, and just thinking about other factors ha how good your hand is could help.

Reading books like Mike Caro's Book of Tells might be interesting if you like that sorta stuff. I didn't really g that route personally. I went with a broader psychological route, but I did read the book, and it's definitely a good synopsis of a lot of things... If a bit dated now.

Yeah, I got a copy online for a couple bucks. The pictures are hilariously dated.
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Mortious wrote: »

I too have one of these.

if you don't find a taker...

Fuck it, i'll take it... and buy it and give it away.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

Y?

What is read cannot be unread. Think of it like the Ark of the Covenant of STDs.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i won a poker tournament in college. i remember the winning hand i was like ok which is higher a flush or a full house, who won

guy was so mad because he was mega serious about the whole thing

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Raven here's what you do

Go out
    Get white girl wasted
    Eat all the greasy bar food
    Shit in a grate
    Post in chat about it the next day

Y'know

I liked the idea I suggested

But this one has potential too ...
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I too have one of these.

Sure. Are you on my Steam list?

If so I'll throw it over the fence ifwhen I get home.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    This test prep app is judging me
    reeJVpD.png

79u6rTE.png

LIFE LESSONS

What is this for it seems pretty basic actually.

It is just basic maths for people like me who forgot all that stuff after high school

Obviously I know how I set up a gog damn direct proportion but I'm just reviewing my fickle memories

Wait, this exists? How much and where?
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I um

think I have everything all connected
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    If you're really serious about poker, Super/System 2 and Barry Greenstein's Ace on the Rver are excellent books.. I learned with The Theory of Poker, and mostly 2+2 stuff initially, and the theory is still the strongest of the lot imo. It has a lot of solid theory in it. It was a bit disheartening to meet David Sklansky, though, and why I recommend the above books ahead of his since they're more current and written by successful pros. Also a little more approachable. Thetheory is a bit dry, and reminds me of reading textbooks.

Barry is very awesome, and probably the best man still living I've met at the table that'd be considered a "superstar" of poker. At least that's written a book.
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    or wait I guess I have to put the monitor together too

I am tired
    I've figured out that as an ambivert, it's not that I don't love a night in. I love staying in and playing Starcraft or watching TV. It's the nagging thought in the back of my mind that if I were out with my friends I would be having more fun. Drives me crazy.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Finished my second game of Stardrive. I think I am in love with the Vulfar's ships. They are basically submarines. Which in itself is kind of neat. But they are awesome for designing lots of cool set ups. This game is really excellent. I am hoping they add more ways to win which they are suppose to. I actually won via diplomacy this time. And by diplomacy I mean I conquered all but two races who joined me willingly. Some of my ships when they attacked were just awesome. My cruisers when they entered ranged would evaporate equal sized ships.

Also because Vulfar ships have fewer hitpoints but get a bonus based on numbers or a minus if they are too few I built tons of expendable small ships. Very few shields or armor if any at all. So I could just throw them at my enemy over and over again.

And now a few of my ships.

Alpha Hunter- This was my first cruiser. Lots of shields. Not the fastest ship in the fleet. Tons of pd to eat up fighters though and its 5 heavy fusion beams could all fire for at least 4 seconds before having to recharge. Once it hit broadside range the enemy was pelted by lesser weapons but they barely dented the power recharge. This ship also contained some mrls to tie up pd for the fighter support.
    9941EF401F409601448ED57D7DA124D928624808

Here is the alpha in action, sadly I didn't get it with all its beams firing. The frigate behind it is a pack leader my backbone frigate. Cheap but tough and could lay down lots of fire power. The small ships are a mix of my gnats which were a gun, engines and some power and a poor wulfen put into and my kamikaze corvettes. Again guns, power, some power storage. No defense on something that small. They could be replaced so quickly it wasn't worth the cost. Also in there are my bombers. 3 nukes on a corvette with as many warp engines as possible and ammo. They were also cheap and could clear planets quickly.
    47D41801C5888143FB5B368FBBF8251A26DEF642

And sadly I never was able to get any of these in combat. This is the Red Hunter. Using phasors which are more efficient with power and higher damage than fusion beams this ship provides an almost 360 degree of dps and enough power to fire for 5+ seconds. Has pd to keep off the enemies. And it is just a nice looking design.
    599345CC211275C8552B60AC54547AC25BDC9D4B

So that is two races I have ships designed for. The humans were using my fighters when I conquered them. Actually afraid of how powerful they would be if they got to higher tech levels throwing my more dangerous ships against me.

Now the Vulfar have a full set of energy designs to use. I bet they will start being much scarier now to play against.
    falasig.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Y?

What is read cannot be unread. Think of it like the Ark of the Covenant of STDs.

I googled it already.

You were too slow to save me.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

What is this "Show-gun-too?"
    network_sig2.png
    I've figured out that as an ambivert, it's not that I don't love a night in. I love staying in and playing Starcraft or watching TV. It's the nagging thought in the back of my mind that if I were out with my friends I would be having more fun. Drives me crazy.

Get rid of all your friends.

Problem solved.

Y?

Well sometimes cass's vagina hole smells like waffles and I asked blue waffles and now choco has broken up with her forever.
    _J_ wrote:

I too have one of these.

Sure. Are you on my Steam list?

If so I'll throw it over the fence ifwhen I get home.

Nope, i don't have you on my list.

Shoot me an invite when you get home. Here's my steam profile.

You just can't sleep?
    _J_ wrote:

Get rid of all your friends.

Problem solved.

I will after graduation, I promise!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    or wait I guess I have to put the monitor together too

I am tired

um

it's 8pm

don't bitch out
    Hamurabi wrote: »

What is this "Show-gun-too?"

It's a strategy game set in Japan.

You can be Masamune Date and shit.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I flirted with a Korean girl today; she was impressed by how much I knew about Korean history and the two Koreas and stuff. So that was nice.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    edited May 2013
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I flirted with a Korean girl today; she was impressed by how much I knew about Korean history and the two Koreas and stuff. So that was nice.

All i know about Korea is that we saved their asses, leading them to invent Gangnam Style.

CANADA! CANADA! CANADA!
    21stCentury on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    If you're really serious about poker, Super/System 2 and Barry Greenstein's Ace on he Rver are excellent books.. I learned with The Theory of Poker, and mostly 2+2 stuff initially, and the theory is still the strongest of the lot imo. It has a lot of solid theory in it. It was a bit disheartening t meet David Sklansky, though, and whyi recommend the above books above his since they're more current and written by successful pros. Barry is very awesome, and probably the best man still living I've met at the table that'd be considered a "superstar" of poker. At least that's written a book.

I actually got Super System from @Mental Exercise for secret santa! An amazing gift. While I haven't mastered it yet I've given it some serious reading

I mostly fool around with friends, though occasionally I'll head to Foxwoods and win a couple hundred bucks by waiting for the nuts. It's worked every time so far since I'm there so rarely. Wait for the nuts, win a few big pots, get super aggressive and force some folds. Bleed fifty bucks over another couple hours then pack up shop
    y2jake215 on
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Corehealer wrote: »

Are you gonna get a sunshine policy on Dat ass?
    _J_ wrote:
This discussion has been closed.