Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    when i was still going to parties taking a decent red and finishing it by myself was my fave way to drink

fairly economical, delicious, and classy as fuck if someone was down for a swig
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have the weakest abs. It was pathetic how I struggled to bring my shoulders up during crunch time today. It's all just jelly down there.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Creeping people on a board is weird to me.

I think I did it when I was younger. But now it seems weird.

What does that mean in this context?

I am not even sure anymore. What do creepers do on message boards these days?

I am not even sure what it means.

Well I mean, mostly I'm trying to figure out what creeping on a forum member means.

Like having a crush on a forum member? I've done that. Several times! It's how I got together with my last girlfriend even!

Doing that without letting them know you have a crush on them?

Printing out their avatar and pasting its face on a mannequin?

Cuz I get the sense that "creeping on" sometimes means "being attracted to in a romantic/sexual/crushy manner," and I don't think that's creepy, I think it's normal. What you do with it could be creepy, but. I mean yeah, I do that from time to time.

Or constantly.

You know, one of the two.

Hitting on and trying to flirt with people that aren't interested basically.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I am watching the Attack on Titan.

Titan seems like an odd way to translate 巨人 which is pretty much giant. In fact it is the name of the Yankees equivalent in Japan.

I figure it is to make them unique, kind of different compared to a straight up giant. But it is still an interesting translation.

titan is more menacing and badass than giant certainly

Titan is the class of ship I use for galactic genocide

My last game I didn't get past cruisers. Didn't need to.

Vulfar, armies of gnats killing everyone!
    falasig.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    I thought I could drink half a bottle of red wine two days ago.

I am now drinking tea.

I look forward to making the wine mistake again sometime next year.

That is not a large quantity of alcohol.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

Titan seems like an odd way to translate 巨人 which is pretty much giant. In fact it is the name of the Yankees equivalent in Japan.

I figure it is to make them unique, kind of different compared to a straight up giant. But it is still an interesting translation.

I found a 4000 word rant written as a Platonic argument the other day, in which a fansub group member explained why they were changing the name from 'Attack on Titan' to 'The Eotena Assault'

I took a good, long hard look at my life choices that day
    turtlesig.jpg
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Hm... lunch was about 1.5 hours ago.

Already hungry again. :(
    工事中
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    J/ k I am way drinker than I should be

I had one drink this evening! Observe:

Equal parts dark rum and Godiva cappuccino liqueur. Shake with ice, pour into rocks glass. Add half a shot of half n half, and several coffee icecubes. Stir and drink.

The coffee icecubes fucking make the drink, it's so good.

I had four

Observe: three lagunitas and a Budweiser
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular

Well I mean, mostly I'm trying to figure out what creeping on a forum member means.

Like having a crush on a forum member? I've done that. Several times! It's how I got together with my last girlfriend even!

Cuz I get the sense that "creeping on" sometimes means "being attracted to in a romantic/sexual/crushy manner," and I don't think that's creepy, I think it's normal. What you do with it could be creepy, but. I mean yeah, I do that from time to time.

Or constantly.

My guess it is more who one post towards someone. Like making inappropriate or unwanted statements. That type of thing. Kind of the uncomfortable advances thing just on a board.

Not so much the liking someone on a board thing.

Creepin' is when that part of your brain speaks up

The part that knows best

And it says "Huh, that's a pretty creepy thing to say/do towards someone you don't actually know, dude"

And then you do it anyway.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

Equal parts dark rum and Godiva cappuccino liqueur. Shake with ice, pour into rocks glass. Add half a shot of half n half, and several coffee icecubes. Stir and drink.

Sounds tasty
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    attack on titan is a weird title for the show anyway
    it seems like it should be "kill all titans" to me since they aren't going for a literal translation at all
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I had four

Observe: three lagunitas and a Budweiser

I even mix my own drinks at home.

What have I becommmmme
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Evening chat

Hey Broar!

How's things? :)

meh, getting real sick of a specific coworker who like to lie and throw others under the bus

Idea: Throw coworker under actual bus.

yea that would require a forklift

Idea: Now that you have a forklift, throw bus onto coworker for extra bizarre factor.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    i had some whiskey, a dark belgian and a japanese wheat beer which was actually deliciosu
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    I'm nervous
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Evening chat

Hey Broar!

How's things? :)

meh, getting real sick of a specific coworker who like to lie and throw others under the bus

Idea: Throw coworker under actual bus.

yea that would require a forklift

Idea: Now that you have a forklift, throw bus onto coworker for extra bizarre factor.

like the issue is she got me in shit for something that doesnt even matter to her or at all really. It was seriously a case of here lets get BR in shit when it doesnt concern me or hurt anyone
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    My drinking days are behind me.

I'm like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven.

Right?
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Or constantly.

My guess it is more who one post towards someone. Like making inappropriate or unwanted statements. That type of thing. Kind of the uncomfortable advances thing just on a board.

Mmm, yeah. Then that is no good.

If everyone is not comfortable stop.

But I don't think anyone here has done anything like that recently.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    fuuuuck. i gotta find a job to keep the house. and buy a car.

duno where to start. but i'm awesome at being poor
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Sounds tasty

Coffee icecubes are now a staple in my fridge.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I'm nervous

Hullo nervous, i'm amfe!

:mrgreen:
    Lh96QHG.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    I'm bored
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    I'm nervous

'bout what?
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    I'm nervous

?
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I don't think I've played a game yet where I've needed to get past cruisers

On the other hand it's fun to be able to place a titan in orbit around every planet a race has, declare war and wipe them from the galaxy in one fell swoop.

Does it take forever? Yes. Does it put my income a couple hundred in the negative? Absolutely.

But my god is it satisfying
    sigtk.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I'm nervous

Playoffs?
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    I'm nervous

Don't worry I'll be gentle
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    P10 wrote: »
    attack on titan is a weird title for the show anyway
    it seems like it should be "kill all titans" to me since they aren't going for a literal translation at all

A literal translation would be "Charge of the Giants." Which so far makes a lot more sense.

It is just a really strange choice in translation.
    falasig.png
    I'm nervous

I'm anxious.

Now we wait for rest of the seven dwarfs of woe.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Got my first paycheck for new jorb

Blight a single warhammer mini for $50

Yep
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
    fuuuuck. i gotta find a job to keep the house. and buy a car.

duno where to start. but i'm awesome at being poor

IRS is looking to fill a senior position.

Or constantly.

I'm nervous

Don't worry I'll be gentle

What's the word for a reverse prophet?
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    I'm nervous

'bout what?

game
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Right?

Old

I don't think I've played a game yet where I've needed to get past cruisers

On the other hand it's fun to be able to place a titan in orbit around every planet a race has, declare war and wipe them from the galaxy in one fell swoop.

Does it take forever? Yes. Does it put my income a couple hundred in the negative? Absolutely.

But my god is it satisfying

Summon the remanent mothership. Last time I did it took a couple titans to fight it off. Thing was tough. Also fun to watch my giant ships to get into it with something their size.

I am almost afraid to keep playing because the more you play the more you face your own ship designs. And the scarier they become.
    falasig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Alright, gonna try this Stardrive game.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

Or constantly.

Man
    Almost all of my posts are like this, Shivahn
    Really, sometimes I go to
    Ridiculous lengths just to be a creep, honestly
    You'd be surprised

Mostly I don't mean to but
    Every once in a while I go through huge pains to

Secrectly spell something with the first words in every line which
    Honestly, is a huge pain
    In the ass, but sometimes the
    Validation you receive
    After doing it is just worth it, you know? And if you can make a few people
    Happy, well, that's always
    Nice too.
    Mortious wrote: »

Right?

Old

Time to take Paws back behind the barn to give him to another family.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

Or constantly.

iwill climb on top of you in the night and settle like a tiny rain cloud.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Alright, gonna try this Stardrive game.

You see my ship designs from yesterday?
    falasig.png
This discussion has been closed.