Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Creeping people on a board is weird to me.

I think I did it when I was younger. But now it seems weird.

What does that mean in this context?

I am not even sure anymore. What do creepers do on message boards these days?

I am not even sure what it means.

Well I mean, mostly I'm trying to figure out what creeping on a forum member means.

Like having a crush on a forum member? I've done that. Several times! It's how I got together with my last girlfriend even!

Doing that without letting them know you have a crush on them?

Printing out their avatar and pasting its face on a mannequin?

Cuz I get the sense that "creeping on" sometimes means "being attracted to in a romantic/sexual/crushy manner," and I don't think that's creepy, I think it's normal. What you do with it could be creepy, but. I mean yeah, I do that from time to time.

Or constantly.

You know, one of the two.

My guess it is more who one post towards someone. Like making inappropriate or unwanted statements. That type of thing. Kind of the uncomfortable advances thing just on a board.

Not so much the liking someone on a board thing.

Mmm, yeah. Then that is no good.

If everyone is not comfortable stop.

But I don't think anyone here has done anything like that recently.
    Elldren wrote: »
    I'm nervous

Don't worry I'll be gentle

What's the word for a reverse prophet?

Historical revisionist?
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular

Well I mean, mostly I'm trying to figure out what creeping on a forum member means.

Like having a crush on a forum member? I've done that. Several times! It's how I got together with my last girlfriend even!

Cuz I get the sense that "creeping on" sometimes means "being attracted to in a romantic/sexual/crushy manner," and I don't think that's creepy, I think it's normal. What you do with it could be creepy, but. I mean yeah, I do that from time to time.

Or constantly.

My guess it is more who one post towards someone. Like making inappropriate or unwanted statements. That type of thing. Kind of the uncomfortable advances thing just on a board.

I'm nervous

Historical revisionist?

That's two words
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    I'm nervous

'bout what?

game

Basketball?
    turtlesig.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Alright, gonna try this Stardrive game.

You see my ship designs from yesterday?

No.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    i have the feeling that i should be asleep

i have a more interesting feeling that i have started another game of thrones episode
    Lh96QHG.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    attack on titan is a weird title for the show anyway
    it seems like it should be "kill all titans" to me since they aren't going for a literal translation at all

A literal translation would be "Charge of the Giants." Which so far makes a lot more sense.

It is just a really strange choice in translation.

Yeah, Attack on Titan is pretty obviously written by a Japanese guy that didn't have the best grasp of English. Because the Titans are attacking, there is no location named Titan being attacked.

People in the west are just running with that as the name for the show because its the already existing English subtitle for it.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Re Drinking: I'm actually kinda proud of myself.

Realized that I'd been cracking beers nearly every night for way too long and shut that shit down. Aside from going out to see bands haven't had any booze in a couple of weeks.

Although the nicest parts are actually the money savings and the reduction in calorie intake :P
    sigtk.jpg
    Vanguard wrote: »

Or constantly.

I'm nervous

Historical revisionist?

That's two words

Not according to me ;)
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    I'm nervous

I'm anxious.

Now we wait for rest of the seven dwarfs of woe.

Is stress one? Because I'm totally here. >.<
    工事中
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Banana chocolate chip muffins done, cooling

Cranberry-orange muffins in oven, baking

Eating the orange I grated zest from along with one of the banana muffins, feels good man
    CDIOl.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Alright, gonna try this Stardrive game.

You see my ship designs from yesterday?

No.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26775962/#Comment_26775962

This is one of them.

The Vulfar(wolf race) ships look like old WWII subs.
    falasig.png
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Hahaha it sugars fuck you
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    yeah i drink a great deal less now

i still get pretty rowdy when i do it just happens less frequently. and im slightly skinnier as a result!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I posted this earlier but since it's perhaps the greatest work of art of all time I'm gonna post it again.

30ihnk0.jpg
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Or constantly.

iwill climb on top of you in the night and settle like a tiny rain cloud.

Psh

pussy climbs on me every night.

Then gets me all wet.

It's kinda gross.

Fucking cat. You're not a dog.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hahaha it sugars fuck you
    Drinking very night is the sign of adulthood

True fax
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    goddd I reaggravated my quad goddd
    NO.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I'm nervous

I'm anxious.

Now we wait for rest of the seven dwarfs of woe.

Is stress one? Because I'm totally here. >.<

I"m tired!
    NO.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Up in horsey heaven, here's the thing you trade your legs for aaaaaaaaaaaange-el's wings.
    And once we've all saaaaaid good bye-e you'll take a running leap and you'll learn to flyyyyyyy
    Lh96QHG.png
    I posted this earlier but since it's perhaps the greatest work of art of all time I'm gonna post it again.

30ihnk0.jpg

my parents cabin on the lake has about four of those (small) plastered to the walls and framed.

in one of them a cheating dog is handing an ace to a friend under the table with his paw!
    NO.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I am watching the Attack on Titan.

Titan seems like an odd way to translate 巨人 which is pretty much giant. In fact it is the name of the Yankees equivalent in Japan.

I figure it is to make them unique, kind of different compared to a straight up giant. But it is still an interesting translation.

titan is more menacing and badass than giant certainly

Titan is the class of ship I use for galactic genocide

My last game I didn't get past cruisers. Didn't need to.

Vulfar, armies of gnats killing everyone!

I don't think I've played a game yet where I've needed to get past cruisers

On the other hand it's fun to be able to place a titan in orbit around every planet a race has, declare war and wipe them from the galaxy in one fell swoop.

Does it take forever? Yes. Does it put my income a couple hundred in the negative? Absolutely.

But my god is it satisfying

Summon the remanent mothership. Last time I did it took a couple titans to fight it off. Thing was tough. Also fun to watch my giant ships to get into it with something their size.

I am almost afraid to keep playing because the more you play the more you face your own ship designs. And the scarier they become.

Hah, you bring up a slightly worrying point with the ship designs.

I still haven't gotten past playing on Easy. Initially because when I started I tried a couple of Normal games but couldn't get a handle on the economy before getting wiped out but at this point mostly because I want to play around with all the different races (or more specifically their hulls) before I start actually playing the game.

However the completionist in me has been dragging out these games for far too long because oh my go that's a barran ultrarich but I've got terraforming so I'll just colonize it and waste a bunch of time bringing it up to snuff before wait there's another one ok I'll grab that one too etc etc

Might be painful when I finish off the plant people game, bump it up to Normal and have to face all of my own ship designs D:
    HappylilElf on
    sigtk.jpg

Or constantly.

Psh

Then gets me all wet.

It's kinda gross.

That was sexy until the final line.

I managed t drink smo e water and brush my teeth

Clearly nt dru k enouh
    So It Goes wrote: »

Punch it! Show it who's boss!
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I'm nervous

'bout what?

game

Basketball?

10 seconds left

they have possession

It's a 2 point game

again
    joffrey, you a bitch
    Lh96QHG.png
    Shivahn digs water sports
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Or constantly.

Psh

Then gets me all wet.

It's kinda gross.

That was sexy until the final line.

If you reparse "fucking" differently it can still be sexy.

I mean if you're a furry.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular

Went to youtube looking for a clip of Wrex talking about Shepard having a quad. Left empty handed.
    tyrion is like my dad

the only good man out of a family of shitasses

and he has a weird accent
    Lh96QHG.png
    i have the feeling that i should be asleep

i have a more interesting feeling that i have started another game of thrones episode

I have a feeling that you should pause and watch this

http://youtu.be/vgQidVzdneE
    NO.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular

Or constantly.

I'm nervous

Haha I totally thought that was Elendil

Whoops
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Drinking very night is the sign of adulthood

True fax

Also obesity, diabetes, loneliness, depression, foul breath&B.O.

I'm just ashamed I get smashed on wee amounts of wine. Ignore me.

Went to youtube looking for a clip of Wrex talking about Shepard having a quad. Left empty handed.

I appreciate the effort
    NO.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Tony Allen

MVP

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Western Conference Finals baby!

WE COMIN' FO' YOU LEBRON
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I am watching the Attack on Titan.

Titan seems like an odd way to translate 巨人 which is pretty much giant. In fact it is the name of the Yankees equivalent in Japan.

I figure it is to make them unique, kind of different compared to a straight up giant. But it is still an interesting translation.

titan is more menacing and badass than giant certainly

Titan is the class of ship I use for galactic genocide

My last game I didn't get past cruisers. Didn't need to.

Vulfar, armies of gnats killing everyone!

I don't think I've played a game yet where I've needed to get past cruisers

On the other hand it's fun to be able to place a titan in orbit around every planet a race has, declare war and wipe them from the galaxy in one fell swoop.

Does it take forever? Yes. Does it put my income a couple hundred in the negative? Absolutely.

But my god is it satisfying

Summon the remanent mothership. Last time I did it took a couple titans to fight it off. Thing was tough. Also fun to watch my giant ships to get into it with something their size.

I am almost afraid to keep playing because the more you play the more you face your own ship designs. And the scarier they become.

Hah, you bring up a slightly worrying point with the ship designs.

I still haven't gotten past playing on Easy. Initially because when I started I tried a couple of Normal games but couldn't get a handle on the economy before getting wiped out but at this point mostly because I want to play around with all the different races (or more specifically their hulls) before I start actually playing the game.

However the completio ist in me has been dragging out these games for far too long because oh my go that's a barran ultrarich but I've got terraforming so I'll just colonize it and waste a bunch of time bringing it up to snuff before wait there's another one ok I'll grab that one too etc etc

Might be painful when I finish off the plant people game, bump it up to Normal and have to face all of my own ship designs D:

My last game I was on normal. It isn't much harder. You at least face frigates though which is nice. The bigger fleet battles are pretty awesome.

My first game was just as humans. They were one of my two early neighbors. Being Vulfar which are better at early aggression than teching I attacked early.

I ran into a fleet of miniguns, my Terran base fighter. They had twice the guns of a normal fight and damn they hurt. My Vulfar outnumbered them though.

But now I am afraid of facing my bomber fleets. Those things are scary.
    falasig.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Tony Allen

MVP

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Western Conference Finals baby!

WE COMIN' FO' YOU LEBRON

you going to get dunked on
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Next challenge: the first letters of every sentence spell something. I don't think this one will be too hard, I just have to think about it beforehand a little bit. Can't see it being too difficult. Even though long messages will be tedious, that's for sure.

To be fair, it's probably not the most graceful way to communicate, and it's harder to show where one word starts and another stops. Obviously I could use paragraph breaks to indicate new words, but that seems a little too easy, no?

Still, that might be my best bet, or this might get downright cumbersome. Even this first attempt is proving more taxing than I had initially imagined. Eventually I'll have nothing more to talk about, even with this fairly simple message.

Yet I will persevere, for that is my trademark. Or I could give up. Usually that's what I'd opt for, but in this case I'm most of the way there, and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, so screw it!

Seriously, this is taking ages. Is it even worth it? God I hope so.
This discussion has been closed.