Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
edited May 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
Did you know there were actually three episodes of this type, and the third has Daffy undergo a mental breakdown because of frustration at being shot all the...ah screw it, let's get to the bits we remember!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-k5J4RxQdE

1kFQuYj.gif
YizFQiJ.jpg

Bonus:
jTSQFcX.jpg
Be careful where you use your elephant guns!
RMS Oceanic on

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    damn son that was fast
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    *BAM* just like that

fast [chat]
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    whats with the tight enclaves of chinese students in American unviersities

I think they're planning to take over
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Wait, why is it that Tube's post are no longer pink and no longer end with "desu"?
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm the Goddamned [Chat]man!
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Sup [chat]
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    tam and jebry 2x2 lyfe

fuk bogs and dafty
    919UOwT.png
    mods are abusing power agian by continuing to [chat] in closed [chat]

begin the proletariat revolution

bring the corrupt tyrants down
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    so, new computer thoughts

I am really happy everything worked and it booted the first time and all that

jesus christ w8 installs really fast

so far I like w8 -- I'm getting used to where stuff is and how you access it, but I don't mind the start pane at all. it reminds me of chrome and how it shows you the 8 websites you visit most, and how that is easy for me because odds are I'm probably hitting one of them. I don't interact with a ton of programs so it works for me. also I was talking with chu and it's funny how it's disorienting not to have a start button in windows at first, but I'm used to not having one in osx and having no problems with it

I like my new monitor but I have two gripes in that 1) it sits really low and there's no way to adjust it higher and 2) it's a big ass monitor on this slender little stem and it wobbles and that's irritating

my biggest frustration so far was installing office 2013. it has this really cool install thing where it like, streams to your computer and you can start using it like a minute after it starts streaming. which I think is awesome and will totes be the future of how shit installs, I hope. HOWEVER it's fucking frustrating that you can't install it where you want (I don't need office on my SSD) and you can't customize what installs and what doesn't (like, I don't want to install access or outlook but haha fuck you).

@gooey @donkey kong @spool32 @organichu @ludious @21stcentury @a5ehren @irond will
    Casual wrote: »
    mods are abusing power agian by continuing to [chat] in closed [chat]

begin the proletariat revolution

bring the corrupt tyrants down

abolish the wage system, etc
    919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote: »
    tam and jebry 2x2 lyfe

fuk bogs and dafty

Damn, I totally should have made it Dolan Season.
    Gooey

OUT FOR DELIVERY
    MAX DONT AHVE WOOBBLY MONITORS U FUK
    919UOwT.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Every thing lost. Spent $200 on a night where I knew no one and met no one cool. FML
    evilbob wrote: »
    Every thing lost. Spent $200 on a night where I knew no one and met no one cool. FML

Expensive night. Where'd you go?
    MAX DONT AHVE WOOBBLY MONITORS U FUK

bogs

bogs pls
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Suddenly the Stern Show temporarily became what everyone imagines it to be. I totally missed what triggered this. Spoiler tagging because it's morning time and people may be eating.
    One of the guys spontaneously volunteered to have a beer poured into his butt.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

so far I like w8 -- I'm getting used to where stuff is and how you access it, but I don't mind the start pane at all. it reminds me of chrome and how it shows you the 8 websites you visit most, and how that is easy for me because odds are I'm probably hitting one of them. I don't interact with a ton of programs so it works for me. also I was talking with chu and it's funny how it's disorienting not to have a start button in windows at first, but I'm used to not having one in osx and having no problems with it

I like my new monitor but I have two gripes in that 1) it sits really low and there's no way to adjust it higher and 2) it's a big ass monitor on this slender little stem and it wobbles and that's irritating

my biggest frustration so far was installing office 2013. it has this really cool install thing where it like, streams to your computer and you can start using it like a minute after it starts streaming. which I think is awesome and will totes be the future of how shit installs, I hope. HOWEVER it's fucking frustrating that you can't install it where you want (I don't need office on my SSD) and you can't customize what installs and what doesn't (like, I don't want to install access or outlook but haha fuck you).

@gooey @donkey kong @spool32 @organichu @ludious @21stcentury @a5ehren @irond will

Glad you like it. You can get third party monitor stands and/or arms that allow for more adjustment.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Skippy, check if the monitor has VESA mounts. If it does, you can buy a replacement stand for it that does every adjustment. I had to do this after buying my crazy Korean IPS panel because it came with a little plastic stand that didn't even really do tilt.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Excellent to hear it all came together so smoothly!

You'll prolly need to get a book or soemthing for the monitor. Did you look to see if it's missing some rubber feet on the bottom?

Also I'd just go get LibreOffice instead of MS Office. It's free and you can set it up how you like. Assuming google docs won't do the job!

Also, you should look through their (anemic) app store and find the Steam Tiles app. Lets you, obviously, make double-size tiles for your steam games appear on the metro UI.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

I hate you for getting a first attempt boot.

i hate you so much because it proves how awful i was at the one special accomplishment i was proud of.

>: (

(But seriously, that's nice to hear.)
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey

OUT FOR DELIVERY

ALERT! ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

LONG-RANGE LOW-FREQUENCY SONAR DETECTING INCOMING SUBAUDIBLE IMPACT ON THE WEST COAST.

INITIATE PLAN BRAVO ALPHA SIERRA SIERRA. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

"mr president, we have a situation."

"get me the el-wire phone. we've got to get dscgui on the line. NOW."
    919UOwT.png
    I don't know if it's the ssd or w8, but it started installing and it was like, hold on configuring some shit

and then it restarted twice, and I was expecting NOW we'd get to the install

but it was like nope lol welcome to windows start doing your stuff
    Quote-iquette states you remove the @'s when quoting a post, duders.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

Shitty sports bar and gambled. Effectively spent all that money on five beers.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    where did you guys get a win 8 that's good

because ive had it on 4 devices now and its been terrible for a myriad of reasons on all of them, my biggest bugbear is how it takes longer than any previous MS OS to boot up if you have a dual boot setup

but if you get rid of the dual boot you have no way to access the F8 menu for safe mode and shit if something goes wrong, because Microsoft are terrible
    override367 on
    edited May 2013
    I am randomly reaching out to people within Whole Foods that might be able to help me talk to someone who will get me an interview for this position. My latest effort:
    [Person],

Hello! I want to work for Whole Foods.

That was pretty blunt I guess. But I don't really know anyone at the company and I've fallen in love with a job description. I want to interview for this job, but I don't have anyone to speak with about it! I'm a step away from posting in the Chronicle's Missed Connections section. "Saw you on LinkedIn being a great career opportunity. We exchanged looks but I was with a different job at the time. Me: suit and tie. You: knit cap and T-shirt that read 'Capacity Planning'. Call me!"

I wonder if you might know someone at the organization who'd be willing to speak with me about the position? I know it's a lot to ask, and I appreciate any insight you could offer, especially contacts within Whole Foods I could reach out to.

Thanks for your time!
    spool32 on
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

hey if it booted first time thats a win right there
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Gooey

OUT FOR DELIVERY

ALERT! ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

LONG-RANGE LOW-FREQUENCY SONAR DETECTING INCOMING SUBAUDIBLE IMPACT ON THE WEST COAST.

INITIATE PLAN BRAVO ALPHA SIERRA SIERRA. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

"mr president, we have a situation."

"get me the el-wire phone. we've got to get dscgui on the line. NOW."

Phone the UK PM, he needs to issue Attack Warning Red!

Shitty sports bar and gambled. Effectively spent all that money on five beers.

Well, poop.
    Quote-iquette states you remove the @'s when quoting a post, duders.

They don't have to remove mine. I kind of like it.

char_6992.jpg
    I don't know if it's the ssd or w8, but it started installing and it was like, hold on configuring some shit

Win8 is kinda crazy fast with the install. I spooked me too, the first time.
    I didn't know failing to boot the first time was a thing that happened to people.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

Yeah, i installed off a USB drive to an SSD and mine did that to me too. I was astonished. I was prepared for a 20 minute process like every other OS install and it was over in 3 minutes. The tech side of Windows 8 is awesome. That fucking boot time, man. I straight shut down the computer all the time because it boots faster than my Lenovo laptop wakes from sleep.
    dkmouthsig.png
    U WILL RUE THSI DAY SKIPPYY

U WIL AHVE A MARKDELY LES RICH USER EPXERIANCE
    919UOwT.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Look Geth, one day, IT'S GOING TO BE ME.
    ixmidIVARgq4hd6x6VKPCTorw79eXNdNo09sT-YBl2s?size=1280x960#.jpg

Happy babby!
    edited May 2013
    Mim wrote: »
    Look Geth, one day, IT'S GOING TO BE ME.

the algorithm that geth uses to pick who starts the next chat is basically a popularity contest

so i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you
    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    Don't go to sleep angry with your spouse. It just makes for a shitty next day. Today is exceedingly shitty.

It doesn't help that I can't get this damn Pink Floyd song out of my head.
This discussion has been closed.