Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »

Sometimes you have to just laugh. Watching the ’round-the-rump path that global asset managers have taken to arrive at basic Keynesian – pre-Keynesian indeed – understandings of macroeconomics is one of those times. From Mike Dolan:
    “Bizarrely, despite all this debt issuance there is a shortage of bonds,” said Alan Higgins, Chief Investment Officer at British private bank Coutts, adding there were plenty of signs of what he called “leakage” within the more conservative fixed income funds to higher-risk securities as a result.

. . .

What’s more, this bond drought on the investment markets has added to growing concern about a shortage of high quality collateral – typically top-rated bonds – pledged and repledged within the financial system to raise cash.

So, what you seem to be saying here is that when the households all try to pay down debt, banks have no one to lend to and have to load up on government bonds. If governments don’t produce enough bonds then yields will collapse as billions of savers all chase the same few borrowers. What’s more this could actually have perverse consequences for system wide liquidity and the functioning of capital markets.

It's almost crazy enough to make sense.

I would love to borrow a couple thousand dollars to repair my credit but my credit is too poor to borrow anything.

flight to safety

you're not safe :rotate:

the government is, though
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    macbooks don't even offer a 17" screen, what is this a laptop for ants
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    http://www.comicchameleon.com/

I hope this is good.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Ok so if

NEWCASTLE win or draw and

TOTTENHAM win and

There's one go as l or none in the united game and

Everton win and

There's four or more goals in the city game I actually came out ahead.
    todo:

estimate the VAR for the whole period on differences, to see how much lags to include. ideally fewer. nope ten lags

log-likelihood-ratio-test for nonlinearity nope too many lags. I am starting to notice a pattern.

log-likelihood-ratio-test for granger causation.

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    realtalk: i will never buy a 13" laptop ever again

15" or i feed
    919UOwT.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    I am going to buy a fancy new drawing tablet at some point soon.

Buy a cintiq

Tell them to use bags of cocaine for packaging material and to send a solid gold pen
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My first laptop was 17".
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    What an odd process this song being in my head has been. Woke up with just the lyrics, "On the wings of the night" with a partial melody in my head. Went to work, googled it and it turns out it was Pink Floyd's "On the Turning Away" which I'd heard on a b-side marathon last month. Youtubed it, loved it. Wanted better quality, so I went to amazon an bought the MP3. Been on repeat for the last 40 minutes or so.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular

Sometimes you have to just laugh. Watching the ’round-the-rump path that global asset managers have taken to arrive at basic Keynesian – pre-Keynesian indeed – understandings of macroeconomics is one of those times. From Mike Dolan:
    “Bizarrely, despite all this debt issuance there is a shortage of bonds,” said Alan Higgins, Chief Investment Officer at British private bank Coutts, adding there were plenty of signs of what he called “leakage” within the more conservative fixed income funds to higher-risk securities as a result.

. . .

What’s more, this bond drought on the investment markets has added to growing concern about a shortage of high quality collateral – typically top-rated bonds – pledged and repledged within the financial system to raise cash.

So, what you seem to be saying here is that when the households all try to pay down debt, banks have no one to lend to and have to load up on government bonds. If governments don’t produce enough bonds then yields will collapse as billions of savers all chase the same few borrowers. What’s more this could actually have perverse consequences for system wide liquidity and the functioning of capital markets.

I would love to borrow a couple thousand dollars to repair my credit but my credit is too poor to borrow anything.

flight to safety

what's the solution then? go balls crazy with spending and issue more bonds?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • TheNomadicCircleTheNomadicCircle Registered User regular
    I think this might me my second theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEp9MCQlAa4
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

. . .

flight to safety

I am safe, but the metric to use to determine risk lags behind my current situation.

Old debt damaged my credit and erased my equity, but I've righted the ship.

I just can't make any headway. :( With a cash infusion, I could eliminate old debt, repair my credit, and refinance current debt at a dramatically lower interest rate, which would make me even more financially stable.

grrrr.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I have a 17" laptop for work, I hate it

when I am sitting at a desk I use a monitor

I wish this bitch was a 2lb 13" little wafer of a thing instead of this giant box I have to lug around
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I'm super bummed out today. Yay for being grumpy.
    It really frustrates me that the only option I have for a loan is an extremely high-interest predatory lender.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    It really frustrates me that the only option I have for a loan is an extremely high-interest predatory lender.

my work lets me take a loan against my 401k, do you have that option?
    13" served me well, but next time I'll do 15". 17" was my worst laptop experience, but that was a 2007 Gateway, with year-appropriate components. I want Apple or Samsung to do a 17" super-slim laptop in a year or two, with a high dpi screen. All 17" machines in the market now are elephants, and I'm never again carrying a slab that big.

. . .

flight to safety

what's the solution then? go balls crazy with spending and issue more bonds?

the neutral response here is to just issue a ton of bonds, yeah

raise debt for the sake of raising debt. the yield is still below expected inflation.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Buy a cintiq

Tell them to use bags of cocaine for packaging material and to send a solid gold pen

http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-tablets/intuos/intuos5-touch-small

I'm thinking about this.
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    I'm suddenly realizing how obnoxious I must have been when I was pessimistic 100% of the time / younger. I'm arguing with someone like this yet again and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013

. . .

flight to safety

I am safe, but the metric to use to determine risk lags behind my current situation.

Old debt damaged my credit and erased my equity, but I've righted the ship.

I just can't make any headway. :( With a cash infusion, I could eliminate old debt, repair my credit, and refinance current debt at a dramatically lower interest rate, which would make me even more financially stable.

grrrr.

check other banks in your state? my impression is that the US overflows with little banks
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I think i made a breakthrough.

i'm depressed because I don't have school to go to anymore. Meaning i don't interact with people anymore or have anything to get up to.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Today's PA comic sucks.

The art is terrible today. Just looks really weird.

Buy a cintiq

I'm thinking about this.

Ooh the current gen looks so classy. I have a 3rd gen that Iove but it is not as pretty as these.

That looks nice. Size looks very workable.

I consumed my entire retirement savings trying to save my house from foreclosure when I was out of work in 2009. Then I took a job that pays about 15% less than the one I got when I bought the house, so I can't afford to contribute to a retirement fund now.
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm suddenly realizing how obnoxious I must have been when I was pessimistic 100% of the time / younger. I'm arguing with someone like this yet again and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

at least you got better!
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

at least you got better!

I embrace hope and strive for people to rise above shitty behavior and practices.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

Buy a cintiq

I'm thinking about this.

Ooh the current gen looks so classy. I have a 3rd gen that Iove but it is not as pretty as these.

That looks nice. Size looks very workable.

for some reason that has 3 1/2 stars and the medium has 4 1/2 so im vaguely considering the medium

since its only a hundo more

i dunno though *bites fingernails*

also im intimidated by how fancy these things are
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Look Geth, one day, IT'S GOING TO BE ME.

the algorithm that geth uses to pick who starts the next chat is basically a popularity contest

so i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you

>:{

kiss kiss

It's kiss kiss kiss, not "kiss kiss".

Jeez, I hope @simonwolf comes along and snatches your wig

i only kiss twice

a third kiss would make you fall in love with me and i cannot deal with yet another smitten female who is a slave to her urges

Gurl plz
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    there are a lot of prepaid monthly plans that offer 4g now

I wonder what the best is because AT&T charging aprox 50% more monthly than the statutory rate is ridonk
    Spool if I were rich I would invest in you. I would only charge you 1% interest but there would be one catch:

You would have to answer the phone any time I happened to call. I'd say something like, "Tell me one thing that's awesome about taxes and you have to sound enthusiastic when you say it." Then when you did I would hang up and you could back to re-fi-ing.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I stopped by the mall downstairs for lunch, and on my way back to the office elevator the security guard was too busy chatting with someone to check my ID. I ended up walking right by him, unvetted.

If anyone ever wants to sneak into the US Marshall's building, I know the best entrance!
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    today's annoyance:

having a logging issue. Normally I can get tickets that have virtually no back ground information (ie, the first tier helpdesk literally records no information beyond a name, an email, and a phone#) and I can fix tickets that come in and then call the user to tell them their problem is fixed or tell them they need to figure out their own shit because we're not causing it. Now I need to call the user to figure anything out, and I can't prove we're not causing any problems if that's the case.

sucks
    Spool if I were rich I would invest in you. I would only charge you 1% interest but there would be one catch:

You would have to answer the phone any time I happened to call. I'd say something like, "Tell me one thing that's awesome about taxes and you have to sound enthusiastic when you say it." Then when you did I would hang up and you could back to re-fi-ing.

Sold.

"The best thing about taxes is all the lesser nations we're able to invade because of them!"

I consumed my entire retirement savings trying to save my house from foreclosure when I was out of work in 2009. Then I took a job that pays about 15% less than the one I got when I bought the house, so I can't afford to contribute to a retirement fund now.

hmm

have you considered becoming a pirate?
    Spool I thought you were going to start a company or something

hmm

have you considered becoming a pirate?

a certain kind of pirate
    On damn, it is good. On an iPhone 4S. Oh no.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think i made a breakthrough.

i'm depressed because I don't have school to go to anymore. Meaning i don't interact with people anymore or have anything to get up to.

Yes this is bad things 21st!

Depression feeds on inactivity. :(
This discussion has been closed.