Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Don't you know it's Friday?!

We have our staff meetings 3pm on Friday. whyyyyyy

This should be an OSHA violation.

I'll answer my own question: It's because we're a help desk and that's when all the clients have left (because their bosses don't inflict cruel medieval torture on them) so it's a pretty free time for everyone.

But, dammit, I'm a dev, not one of the help deskers, I shouldn't need to go. :(

But what if they need to you to explain in progress stuff to the help deskers so that when they get called about it they can have some excuse as to why they don't have any way of helping the customers currently?
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaah!!! I have a hiccup that won't stop!
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Trying to gain weight and what do I do?

I lose half a pound this week

booooo

Use moar butter

apparently I need to

I feel like shit today. my lifts were garbage, my shoulder is hurting, and whatever it is that causes shin splints is doing it's thing in my forearms

and on top of it

I don't even weigh as much as I did last week
    JKKaAGp.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    You need pizza.
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Zelda tutorials are like a transcendently perfect example of how not to do a tutorial.

Fucking 45 minutes of poorly localized shitty dialogue from annoying characters telling you how to do insipid tasks that anyone with half a brain will figure out in ten second of free play. Unskippable. Painfully un-immersive. Just awful.

Tutorials should take the form of a more integrated ramping up of gameplay and involve some actual challenge or content. Especially for games that aren't hard to control!

Call me crazy but I actually enjoy that part of the game. I like that there is phase of nothing really big happening. Just doing some mundane shit to get into character and then having shit start to happen. It helps me get into the shoes of a hero who isn't really prepared to be a hero or whatever.

I like having that section in lot's of different kinds of games actually.

That's totally fine and something to give merit to, but even that immersive-process can be built rigidly (as in wrong).

That's true. I mean if you stripped the 'tutorial-esque' bits from that part of the game it certainly would not decrease my enjoyment one bit.
    archer2.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular

Two weeks ago I had someone schedule a conference call at 530. That was annoying as fuck
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    You know, one of those little cans of sweetened condensed milk have about 1600 calories.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    The WiiU is actually really awesome.

I wish EA and others would give it a chance and release some shit for it.

Miiverse is amazing and half the time I am on the thing I am not even playing a game.
    sigvf.jpg
    redx wrote: »
    You know, one of those little cans of sweetened condensed milk have about 1600 calories.

Yeah, if you wanna commit culinary seppuku.
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    "Remember @DaemonSadi that you can press Y to open the menu."
    *looks at the screen*
    "WHATEVER THAT MEANS."
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Have you tried punching yourself in the solar plexus?
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!

booooo

Use moar butter

apparently I need to

I feel like shit today. my lifts were garbage, my shoulder is hurting, and whatever it is that causes shin splints is doing it's thing in my forearms

and on top of it

What is it that you want to gain weight for?

Once I gave up the idea of 'bulking up' and just accepted that I was of skinny build I became much happier with my work-out progress. I just focus on keeping up some nice muscle definition. Sure I may only weigh 135 but I gots all dat definition and I look damn good with out a shirt.
    archer2.png
    Protein shakes after workouts and between meals, brosef
    sigvf.jpg
    Also, eat all the meat.

all of it
    sigvf.jpg
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Haphazard wrote: »

Have you tried punching yourself in the solar plexus?

Ayup, it is fused to my spine now.

Hiccup one* that battle, though.

*won! Goddamit!
    Haphazard on
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Also, eat all the meat.

all of it

But I have so much meat right now.
    Cinders on
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

Don't forget to blend a cooked chicken breast and lentils into the protein shake

MORE PROTEIN FOR MORE GAINZ
    I went to McDonald's cuz I was hungry while I was out doing errands and I have little will power. I blew almost my entire daily calorie budget with that meal. McDonald's is insane.

Don't forget to blend a cooked chicken breast and lentils into the protein shake

MORE PROTEIN FOR MORE GAINZ
    BIG MAN

NNNGH

sigvf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I went to McDonald's cuz I was hungry while I was out doing errands and I have little will power. I blew almost my entire daily calorie budget with that meal. McDonald's is insane.
    10 piece chicken nugget is ~550 calories

Just eat one of those and it isn't too bad.

Anything else are you're fucked.

TehSpectre on
    sigvf.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The WiiU is actually really awesome.

I wish EA and others would give it a chance and release some shit for it.

Miiverse is amazing and half the time I am on the thing I am not even playing a game.
    i feel like this is probably important
    Per3th.jpg

booooo

Use moar butter

apparently I need to

and on top of it

Once I gave up the idea of 'bulking up' and just accepted that I was of skinny build I became much happier with my work-out progress. I just focus on keeping up some nice muscle definition. Sure I may only weigh 135 but I gots all dat definition and I look damn good with out a shirt.

I want to be stronger

my goal weight is 140-150. The idea is to get up to 150 and cut to somewhere between 140-145

I enjoy lifting and pushing myself, it's not a chore to go to the gym
    JKKaAGp.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    WTF, trying to sign into UPS so it'll let me set my pickage to will-call pickup -- I try my password a couple times, doesn't work, hit the request new password button, attempt to sign in with new password.

YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN LOCKED FOR TOO MANY UNSUCCESFUL LOGIN ATTEMPTS PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

effffffffff yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu p s
    10 piece chicken nugget is ~550 calories

Just eat one of those and it isn't too bad.

Anything else are you're fucked.

I don't even like their hamburgers. They're incredibly bland. But I felt like a burger and I didn't want to spend a lot. SO MCDONALD'S.
    Like, the ketchup and onions are more flavorful than the burger. That's what I taste when I bite into it, and then underneath is a vague burger flavor.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    I got my iPad mini today.

It really is the perfect size.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

:winky:
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
    i model my calorie budgets after congressional budgets

i eat nothing but shit but also occasionally starve myself for no good reason
    Per3th.jpg
    edited May 2013
    When I want a burger I do the local Kreckel's or I grill (or learn how to grill rather, still don't have it down yet. :P ). McDonald's has decent milkshakes though.
    EriktheVikingGamer on

booooo

Use moar butter

apparently I need to

and on top of it

I want to be stronger

my goal weight is 140-150. The idea is to get up to 150 and cut to somewhere between 140-145

I gotcha. I mean it's also very possible to get stronger without actually gaining more weight.
    archer2.png
    Feral wrote: »

The size is fantastic. I love the size of the Nexus too. 7 inches or so is really nice.
    I wish the iPad Mini was more metally and a bit heavier though.
    i gotta go out and get my hair and beard trimmed up all nice for organichu but i'm tired and don't wanna go anywhere

i was even planning on going to that concert tonight but i'm putting it off until sunday i guess

or maybe tomorrow

hm
    Per3th.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Hahahahah
    8f495e88f5fff52daf90046a07945596-the-sims-career-ladder.jpg
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Also, I got my iPad Mini as part of a corporate incentive deal so fuckyeah

fuck paying MSRP
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

This should be an OSHA violation.

I'll answer my own question: It's because we're a help desk and that's when all the clients have left (because their bosses don't inflict cruel medieval torture on them) so it's a pretty free time for everyone.

But, dammit, I'm a dev, not one of the help deskers, I shouldn't need to go. :(

But what if they need to you to explain in progress stuff to the help deskers so that when they get called about it they can have some excuse as to why they don't have any way of helping the customers currently?

Nah, I'm basically around to develop side tools for the people, I help everyone else do their jobs but they don't need to know anything about what I do and I don't need to know any of the functional stuff that goes on at the meetings.

The help desk deals with two programs. One I used to develop for, but currently don't have access to either the code or the database. It's a big and complicated enough program that I can hardly work on memory. The other program I've never done any kind of development for, so I have absolutely no understanding of the technical or functional sides.

So I go to private meetings with the heads of the help desk where they tell me the tools they want developed, and then later I go to the staff meetings where I smile and nod and pretend I have any idea what they're talking about with all of their accounting nonsense. :)

booooo

Use moar butter

apparently I need to

and on top of it

I want to be stronger

I gotcha. I mean it's also very possible to get stronger without actually gaining more weight.

I don't want to weigh what I do now
    JKKaAGp.png
    I remember Mortimer
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Hahahahah
    8f495e88f5fff52daf90046a07945596-the-sims-career-ladder.jpg

Unfortunately, Mortimer died the very next day. After doing a cannonball off his diving board, he realized there was no ladder out of his pool and had to swim in circles until he drowned.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Beep Booper Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Geth status