Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Big slabs of steak are meh.

Now, slice that steak up, get it some seasoning and toss it into some tacos?

Would be tasty.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Any meat that is cooked unseasoned or without sauce will be fairly dull.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    tyrannus - I saw the most scrub tier audited financials. They might as well have been written in crayon. There weeee inconsistencies within single paragraphs!

Also, I was talking to an accountat at a big four firm the other day who never heard of 409A. And he was advising on executive compensation!
    the IRC's big enough!

you can't tell me that you knew about IC-DISCS when i told you about them

but yeah deferred comp fuckin sux

83(b) is pretty balla though
    tyrannus on
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Big slabs of steak are meh.

Now, slice that steak up, get it some seasoning and toss it into some tacos?

Would be tasty.

I was going to say I was revoking your right to live on this Earth, but can you really call what you're doing living?

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    guys

no meat is stupid

but if someone doesn't like something, whatev, that means more for the rest of us

here is Jack Stack

jack-stack-bbq-super-sampler-del0511-lg.jpg

end of discussion

edited May 2013
    why am I not eating BBQ right now

edit: also you can't end the discussion about delicious food!!

there are limits to your mod powers
    tyrannus on
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    flap flap flap

dive

QUACK
    tyrannus wrote: »
    tyrannus - I saw the most scrub tier audited financials. They might as well have been written in crayon. There weeee inconsistencies within single paragraphs!

Also, I was talking to an accountat at a big four firm the other day who never heard of 409A. And he was advising on executive compensation!
    the IRC's big enough!

I have no problem with someone not knowing about all sections. I sure don't. But if you're going to advise on compensation, maybe you should know about the biggest thing to happen to the taxation of compensation since 162(m)? It was like someone telling you they've totally got your back on investing in US real property as a foreigner, but not knowing what FIRPTA is.

Also, how many individual code sections can claim a 1,000 page treatise about them?

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    jacob the only thing I remember from living in KC as a child is fantastic barbecue

I am super jealous. We have some good places here but they are few and far between
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular

the IRC's big enough!

things no one has said before

• CindersCinders Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    flap flap flap

dive

QUACK

SWOOSH
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    jacob the only thing I remember from living in KC as a child is fantastic barbecue

I am super jealous. We have some good places here but they are few and far between

oh wow, you lived here? when was that?
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    My tacos were delicious! You guys are jerks!
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

the IRC's big enough!

I have no problem with someone not knowing about all sections. I sure don't. But if you're going to advise on compensation, maybe you should know about the biggest thing to happen to the taxation of compensation since 162(m)? It was like someone telling you they've totally got your back on investing in US real property as a foreigner, but not knowing what FIRPTA is.

Also, how many individual code sections can claim a 1,000 page treatise about them?

man I didn't know about FIRPTA

I knew about foreign withholding and how you have a withholding requirement

but not specifically the act that created the reg

the IRC's big enough!

things no one has said before

No, dude. It really is. Getting to start the long term cap gains clock before you actually own the property is baller as hell.

• AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    1992-1993? I was in second grade. Overland Park, so suburbia

Oh, and I remember tornado warnings. Which I hated because the video game TV was in the basement and my mother would commandeer it to put the news so I couldn't play Link to the Past
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Beef is better than chicken if you're cooking both plain but who does that

Chicken is basically the best vehicle for tasty sauces and marinades

Still the best steak will beat the hell out of the best chicken whereas any schmo can throw together a nice chicken dish with not much work or knowledge

Not so much with steak
    CDIOl.png

the IRC's big enough!

man I didn't know about FIRPTA

I knew about foreign withholding and how you have a withholding requirement

but not specifically the act that created the reg

It is such an overcomplicated back up withholding requirement too. Really stupid and technical. Just like 409A, really, but both are exactly the kind of thing you need to know cold in order to advise in those limited areas.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I'm watching Sunshine for the first time.

25 minutes in, they've decided to go get the other bomb from Icarus 1. What is going to happen for the rest of the movie?!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Beef:Chicken is as Pie:Cake for me where the first requires a bit more effort and know-how to make right and if done well will be better than the second, but the second will reliably come out good every time
    Rear Admiral Choco on
    CDIOl.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    i doubt we're still on watch chat but this is what I have

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=34098921

my one accessory that's a tiny step above bottom tier

I like the metal band look, I don't think I could wear a leather band or anything not metal
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    guys

no meat is stupid

but if someone doesn't like something, whatev, that means more for the rest of us

here is Jack Stack

img]http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/vg/jack-stack-bbq-super-sampler-del0511-lg.jpg[/img]

end of discussion

I love how when I googled that I already had multiple hits on the site, because you've brought it up before. :-P

It looks incredible. When I was in Kansas City for a job interview a few years back, they were assholes and wouldn't let me choose any place to eat. I got off the plane, got on a hired car to the office, ate lunch in their cafeteria, and was sent back to the airport as soon as the day was done. What the hell's the point of visiting Kansas City if you can't get some of that barbecue?
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

25 minutes in, they've decided to go get the other bomb from Icarus 1. What is going to happen for the rest of the movie?!

space madness.
    xlh6c3.png

Oh, and I remember tornado warnings. Which I hated because the video game TV was in the basement and my mother would commandeer it to put the news so I couldn't play Link to the Past

hahaha that sucks

if you guys had stuck around longer she would have learned not to care about tornado warnings. tornados know not to touch down in johnson county
    Tax chat is the best chat.

edited May 2013
    704(b) can suck a dick

also did you see what they're doing with de-minimus partners and special allocations?
    tyrannus on
    I missed watch chat? Come on guys! Was anyone legit?

Me now:

imagehandler.jpg

That is one of my favorite movies ever for so many reasons
    704(b) can suck a dick

also did you see what they're doing with de-minimus partners and special allocations?

I did not. Link? Are they actually going to tackle guarantees payments?

also hello

fun-ish night at hulen tonight

lots of people, eventually

a ton of spaniards

who, by the way, seem like a sexy people overall

also shared a cab home with a girl who I am pretty sure kinda really wants to take a cab home with me in another context

which... kind of makes me a little sad. She's a nice girl. Bit of a grey mouse but nice. She should find somebody. Somebody not me.

also six hours until I have to get up if I'm gonna make the dugnad tomorrow. Which... hrm.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also hello

a ton of spaniards

also shared a cab home with a girl who I am pretty sure kinda really wants to take a cab home with me in another context

which... kind of makes me a little sad. She's a nice girl. Bit of a grey mouse but nice. She should find somebody. Somebody not me.

also six hours until I have to get up if I'm gonna make the dugnad tomorrow. Which... hrm.

Wtf is a "grey mouse"?!?
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    704(b) can suck a dick

I did not. Link? Are they actually going to tackle guarantees payments?

this is a thing from awhile ago

http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/News/20127070.htm
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Hello folks
    guys

no meat is stupid

here is Jack Stack

img]http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/vg/jack-stack-bbq-super-sampler-del0511-lg.jpg[/img]

end of discussion

I love how when I googled that I already had multiple hits on the site, because you've brought it up before. :-P

It looks incredible. When I was in Kansas City for a job interview a few years back, they were assholes and wouldn't let me choose any place to eat. I got off the plane, got on a hired car to the office, ate lunch in their cafeteria, and was sent back to the airport as soon as the day was done. What the hell's the point of visiting Kansas City if you can't get some of that barbecue?

Oh man, that is some bullshit.
    also hello

a ton of spaniards

Don't let them fool you. They have no money. That whole country is going to collapse, and they're seeking any port in a storm.

hahaha that sucks

if you guys had stuck around longer she would have learned not to care about tornado warnings. tornados know not to touch down in johnson county

We moved from Ohio, so we were used to it and it wasn't exactly panic mode. More just her being a mom with 3 kids and a husband who always seemed to have to drive home during the worst of the rain, hail, and wind

I guess we moved there in '93 actually because I just remember that during our move we crossed over the flooded Mississippi on a bridge that should have been far, far above the water but looked more like a causeway. That was interesting.

also hello

a ton of spaniards

Wtf is a "grey mouse"?!?

you don't have that idiom?

Not totally sure how to explain it. Gimme a sec.
    xlh6c3.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    So, good news and bad news.

Good news, I'm setup in my new basement home with all the boxes and furniture around, got my internet working and my computer with me in bed, almost all is right with the world again.

Bad news. The mover guys accidentally put my bed together wrong and when I went to sit on it to get changed into some PJs the one part of the frame snapped clean off and now my bed is slightly diagonal... I've had to shore it up for the time being with some blankets and shit and we'll need to get it fixed now so that's great.

All in all though, I'm glad to be over with today and think I'll settle into some chat and Neverwinter before catching some sleep.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    wXbpmeTl.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.