Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    my bed feels kind of empty tonight.

get ye some magazines and fix that.

are you saying I should jerk off

is that what you are saying

do you want me to jerk off on your command

is that what you wish

yes

okay but don't report me if I send you pictures
    xlh6c3.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    it's really good that there's permissions discipline being enforced here, but there's also a tradeoff in what is being banned

and if your software model is, I'm sorry to say, so clumsy that you cannot assure users that your own base operating system is going to be capable of meeting core needs, and your company has a proven track record of pulling support for workflows from newer versions of software - like the damned start menu - then I am hardly going to be enthusiastic that you are trying to break the long-entrenched practice of there being tons of undocumented Windows API calls for programs to exploit
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    About the availability of apps, the Surface RT (the cheaper ARM tablet) will only run apps that meet these requirement. The Surface Pro (with the pen, the one gabe has been raving about) is a full version of windows 8 with an i5 cpu so it will run anything normal windows will.

I have a surface RT tablet (work gave us all one last year) and while the selection of apps was downright sad at first, around Feb. it really started to pick up and there's a quite a bit in there now and the incoming rate has really picked up.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    man

this has been a rough day full of anger and despair and depression

tomorrow i will take an adderall and code for 13 hours, i think
    also I feel that it should be noted somewhere that one of the bar girls' boobs looked very good today. I contemplated mentioning it as a thing to be noted in the bar logs but decided against it.
    xlh6c3.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I might go to sleep soon too. Wake up early, gym, shower, do my terrible section of our final report.

But I have to be somewhere to start drinking at 3pm. That might be a challenge.

See this was my plan!

Get up super early like 4am or 5am, and then either go biking or rollerblading, do some light free weight stuff, make some breakfast and have a whole day to do whatevs

Instead I wake up after two hours and I both wide awake and yet so groggy I feel like I've been kicked in the head
    sigtk.jpg
    also I feel that it should be noted somewhere that one of the bar girls' boobs looked very good today. I contemplated mentioning it as a thing to be noted in the bar logs but decided against it.

how's this work

especially round? especially jiggly?

is that what you wish

less typey-typey

more jerky-jerky
    sigtk.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I am really tired of these stupid allergies D:
    @mazzyx that video was pretty rad
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    ronya wrote: »

how's this work

especially round? especially jiggly?

mainly through presentation. As in clothes that jived well. Well fitted bra and a nice top, that sort of thing.
    xlh6c3.png

is that what you wish

less typey-typey

more jerky-jerky

I got two hands.
    xlh6c3.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Calling the start menu a workflow is pretty charitable. I would call it fishing in the wreckage of an oil platform.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    Get on my level.

Tt3AQwJ.jpg

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.

is that what you wish

less typey-typey

more jerky-jerky

I got two hands.

Oh... you don't need them both?

Disappointed Abdy

Dis. Appointed.
    sigtk.jpg
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Calling the start menu a workflow is pretty charitable. I would call it fishing in the wreckage of an oil platform.

workflow.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Maaaannnnnn
    Harvey's death. Holy shit that was brutal. Can't even imagine.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Damn you SKFM and your ice cream fields.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).

is that what you wish

less typey-typey

more jerky-jerky

I got two hands.

Disappointed Abdy

Dis. Appointed.

man you just don't jump straight onto the double handed grip

care and attention and time mofucker
    xlh6c3.png
    This movie is going to give me nightmares.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    i still want to learn programming

can solve more problems that way
    we are nothing

but dust
    xlh6c3.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    That is why users are monsters.
    ill fitting bras are one of the greatest minor tragedies in the world.
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013

is that what you wish

less typey-typey

more jerky-jerky

I got two hands.

Disappointed Abdy

Dis. Appointed.

man you just don't jump straight onto the double handed grip

care and attention and time mofucker

EFFICIENCY, BRO

I gots other things to do

my D understands that
    HappylilElf on
    sigtk.jpg
    android would be a lot less tolerable if I couldn't install my own launcher
    Forgot to add, from a programmers point of view there are a few things that are actually way easier than win32 apis in the new runtime.

Dealing with input that could be mouse, touch or pen all at once is way easier. It has a unified input model for all of them rather than separate apis. And that includes more complex stuff like multitouch gestures (which are hell of not trivial to do the math for yourself).

And all the restrictions for windows store apps really do not affect games. DirectX is not restricted at all. And the integration points with the OS are actually a bit simpler than before. No need to write your own message handler. Just listen to a few events (and you can abstract that way to make porting to / from win8 easy).
    efficiency and sex - any kind of sex - are not words that go together at all
    xlh6c3.png
    Rose Byrne's face is permanently set on 'sad puppy.'
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Rose Byrne's face is permanently set on 'sad puppy.'

I would agree more than I do but she is also like super good looking which is confusing to associate with puppies
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013
    Forgot to add, from a programmers point of view there are a few things that are actually way easier than win32 apis in the new runtime.

Dealing with input that could be mouse, touch or pen all at once is way easier. It has a unified input model for all of them rather than separate apis. And that includes more complex stuff like multitouch gestures (which are hell of not trivial to do the math for yourself).

And all the restrictions for windows store apps really do not affect games. DirectX is not restricted at all. And the integration points with the OS are actually a bit simpler than before. No need to write your own message handler. Just listen to a few events (and you can abstract that way to make porting to / from win8 easy).

whoever's been leading this effort at Redmond must've struggled mightily to get the GFWL/etc. teams to shut the hell up
    ronya on
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    efficiency and sex - any kind of sex - are not words that go together at all

If you have kids they will
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    FUCK I WANT ICE CREAM SO GODDAMN BAD.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    edited May 2013

whoever's been leading this effort at Redmond must've struggled mightily to get the GFWL/etc. teams to shut the hell up

hehe, luckily GFWL is gone. At least as a brand. There is just integration APIs to work with Xbox live now. So you can (with permission) get the users xbox live profile if you want their info or to show their avatar. Or to setup multiplayer sessions.
    RiemannLives on

I've been struggling mightily for years to have the GFWL team murdered

So... step in the right direction I guess?
    sigtk.jpg

hehe, luckily GFWL is gone. At least as a brand. There is just integration APIs to work with Xbox live now. So you can (with permission) get the users xbox live profile if you want their info or to show their avatar. Or to setup multiplayer sessions.

christ

you just know that as soon as some more office politics swings the balance up in Microsoft HQ, the store is going to get screwed
    also speaking of sad puppies

I found a girl slumped down almost asleep in her chair and I nudged her awake and asked hey you okay? (and that bouncer undertone of "...because I think you're really not and I may be about to toss you out now" fully intended) and she perked up and was all yes I am fine! and she was tired and adorable and I felt like I was throwing rocks at a sleeping puppy or something

so I just kept half an eye on her hoping she didn't slump down again so I'd have to do it again and asked another to tell her to like, not sleep or go home to sleep because I just did not have the heart to do that myself
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.