Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    RAVEN

THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING

EAT SOME ICE CREAM

Hi chat

Today has been a thing

and a half
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    FUCK I WANT ICE CREAM SO GODDAMN BAD.

Buy some?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    don't toss rocks at sleepy puppies, abdh
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    efficiency and sex - any kind of sex - are not words that go together at all

If you have kids they will

no kid ever died from a few unsupervised hours

xlh6c3.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes best TOTP everrrrr
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Forgot to add, from a programmers point of view there are a few things that are actually way easier than win32 apis in the new runtime.

Dealing with input that could be mouse, touch or pen all at once is way easier. It has a unified input model for all of them rather than separate apis. And that includes more complex stuff like multitouch gestures (which are hell of not trivial to do the math for yourself).

And all the restrictions for windows store apps really do not affect games. DirectX is not restricted at all. And the integration points with the OS are actually a bit simpler than before. No need to write your own message handler. Just listen to a few events (and you can abstract that way to make porting to / from win8 easy).

whoever's been leading this effort at Redmond must've struggled mightily to get the GFWL/etc. teams to shut the hell up

hehe, luckily GFWL is gone. At least as a brand. There is just integration APIs to work with Xbox live now. So you can (with permission) get the users xbox live profile if you want their info or to show their avatar. Or to setup multiplayer sessions.

christ

you just know that as soon as some more office politics swings the balance up in Microsoft HQ, the store is going to get screwed

always possible. The thing is though the biggest pushers of this have been the most entrenched, most powerful interests in the company. IE: Ballmer and Sinofsky.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular

Hard to maintain the mood with a screaming baby though
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    don't toss rocks at sleepy puppies, abdh

man when I can't even say "...you can't sleep here." to someone falling asleep in a bar when I'm the bouncer do you think I'd be able to?
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013

Hard to maintain the mood with a screaming baby though

I'll just make sure to put some bourbon in the milk bottle when it's time to do the freaky deaky with the baby mama
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Loren Michael on
    2ezikn6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    RAVEN

YOU HAVE NOT YET AGREED WITH MY POST PERTAINING TO THE CONSUMPTION OF ICE CREAM

I CAN ONLY ASSUME THIS IS AN ERROR ON YOUR PART
    BeNarwhal on
    also after we were closed I found a wallet and quickly checked the card for a name and went outside and asked every girl I didn't know if their name was Henriette somethingsen

until one said "...yes? Why?"

and I went "because *produces her wallet out of my sleeve*" and her face lit up and it made me happy.
    xlh6c3.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Raven do not purchase ice cream. Buy gelato instead.
    tea-1.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod

That is fantastic.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Buy some?

Can't. Feral diagnosed yesterday that I have shame and control issues regarding food. P accurate.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    hm. I bet I could make super low calorie ice cream (or whatever you call ice cream that has no dairy in it) with this sugar free squash.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    hm. I bet I could make super low calorie ice cream (or whatever you call ice cream that has no dairy in it) with this sugar free squash.

My friend sent me a link today about making banana ice cream using only bananas. Wouldn't that just be frozen bananas?
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

My friend sent me a link today about making banana ice cream using only bananas. Wouldn't that just be frozen bananas?

yes
    xlh6c3.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iLtUDyWjDQ

this is right now's theme music
    xlh6c3.png

Frozen bananas mushed up
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    man

Buy some?

Can't. Feral diagnosed yesterday that I have shame and control issues regarding food. P accurate.
    dude i also have an ice cream problem

a surrious ice cream problem

ICE CREAM

(today i had froyo, but it was good froyo, and that's in the same category as ice cream)

ive had lots of ice cream things

too much ice cream

ice cream milkshakes froyo gelato
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    #froyolo
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    I can play no more Scrabble this evening

I get my butt kicked badly enough when I am sober

And tonight is Saturday and not a night for sobriety
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Sorbet.
    hmm, neverwinter down.

THink I'm too worn out from all that yard work for programming.

what to do....
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I made eggs in a basket for the first time today. It was pretty awesome, I don't know why I haven't tried it sooner.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    hmm, neverwinter down.

THink I'm too worn out from all that yard work for programming.

what to do....

Brave and the Bold on Netflix yo
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ok purchased and downloaded Stardrive

Maybe a shiny new 4x game will help me go to bed early

(haha....hahaha.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*twitch*)
    sigtk.jpg
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Beautiful day today. +23 outside. Spent the entire day outside.

Heading back out soon. Just downing a few beers before I hit da club.

Won $50 at the lottery machine, too. Awesome day overall!
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    Ok purchased and downloaded Stardrive

Maybe a shiny new 4x game will help me go to bed early

(haha....hahaha.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*twitch*)

someone in chat posted a review video of one of the later beta versions. Looked very promising but said it needed some real optimization. Had severe perf and stability issues in the mid to late game.

Could you @ or PM me if you find they have fixed these problems before launch?
    My nephew came to visit this evening

Not unassisted, mind you - his parents brought him

He was in his swing when I got home

I crouched down to get a closer look at him

He smiled

I nodded approvingly

So now we both know where the other stands

Sorbet.

You shut your whore mouth and we shall never speak of this again.
    tea-1.jpg
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    Got me a benzo and a cup of decaf earl grey, and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUIu6w8lTkE

chill
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    No Laker can ever be awesome.
    I need to buy a moka pot.
    tea-1.jpg
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Raven do not purchase ice cream. Buy gelato instead.

That picture insisted is of gelato.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
    my vague feelings of melancholic desire for things I'm not sure what are have become too vague. Time to sleep.

also officially, fuck the dugnad.
    xlh6c3.png
    gelato is godamn ice cream.
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.