Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I recently swore off games w/o auto save function. Yet I have spent the last two days putting hours into New Vegas for the umpteenth time.

PC gaming, and its mod community, may destroy me.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Goodnight Abdhy, and everyone. Off to bed for me as well.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    I've had a donut, two cups of coffee and three beers to eat today. Now I need to eat four of something...
    h1DI1.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    I've had a donut, two cups of coffee and three beers to eat today. Now I need to eat four of something...

Colly birds?
    turtlesig.jpg
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    I recently swore off games w/o auto save function. Yet I have spent the last two days putting hours into New Vegas for the umpteenth time.

PC gaming, and its mod community, may destroy me.

You can save anywhere in NV.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    went to a roller derby match tonight

that was a thing
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    If life had a save function, but you only had one slot, would you keep one save at the beginning so you can relive all of your life or save as you go along so that you can avoid losing progress in the event of sudden death and pull a groundhog day whenever you want?
    Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2013
    Irond Will wrote: »

that was a thing

A good thing? I liked the movie Whip It, but I'm not sure if I could stomach roller derby if I wasn't invested in the story of a rookie who's finding her own way and learning to believe in herself, and also she's Ellen Page.
    Robos A Go Go on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular

that was a thing

brawlin
    NO.
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    If life had a save function, but you only had one slot, would you keep one save at the beginning so you can relive all of your life or save as you go along so that you can avoid losing progress in the event of sudden death and pull a groundhog day whenever you want?

Every seven years, because I figure that's about how long it takes to realize that you've done something wrong and are on the wrong path.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I'm assuming you replay with a random set of choices for the next round, or something like that.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

The first thing is the smart play.

No one would do it.

First romantic relationship would blow that out of the water.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular

21st birthday. Still young enough to change the course your life is on if it goes awry, still old enough to drink.
    h1DI1.jpg
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    actually the pieces they're going to be playing are really good. So it might actually be very enjoyable.
    which

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byebhcvS3f0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDjE6H5HqWk

and the 5th

the moldau is legit

sounds like a good concert
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular

one save at 16, that's it
    NO.

that was a thing

A good thing? I liked the movie Whip It, but I'm not sure if I could stomach roller derby if I wasn't invested in the story of a rookie who's finding her own way and learning to believe in herself, and also she's Ellen Page.

i thought it would be kind of like a professional wresting show, with like a couple punk bands or something

but nope

it's a lot of competitive burly ladies on roller skates playing something close to a real sport, complete with confusing rules and everything.

it was a good time, but i can't see it being a regular thing for me
    So It Goes wrote: »

that was a thing

brawlin

definitely some tough-looking ladies for real

that was a thing

i thought it would be kind of like a professional wresting show, with like a couple punk bands or something

but nope

it's a lot of competitive burly ladies on roller skates playing something close to a real sport, complete with confusing rules and everything.

it was a good time, but i can't see it being a regular thing for me

but were there fights!
    NO.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular

The day before my wedding
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

one save at 16, that's it

yeah that's probably a good call.

maybe 14 so i could get into a good college if i wanted
    We had to stop having mixers with the womens rugby team in college because they were outdrinking and subsequently preying on many of our younger players
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular

Do you remember everything from past lives after you reload? If so, I guess the first one, keeping an old save file, would be the best one. If not, it would be the worst; you'd basically erase yourself from existence and restart from nothing. In fact, if you can't remember anything fom past lives, the entire save thing is useless except as a protection against random events, so it would make sense to save often.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    We had to stop having mixers with the womens rugby team in college because they were outdrinking and subsequently preying on many of our younger players

:bz
    NO.
    I was thinking about booting up SC2 but I feel you guys could probably entertain me more!

GO!

*sip*
    NO.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

that sounds so terrible :rotate:
    Except that, depending on your view of the nature of the universe, if you simply go backwards and don't have anything to change your actions, you'll simply keep doing the same thing regardless

which would really make the whole thing null and void
    turtlesig.jpg
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Except that, depending on your view of the nature of the universe, if you simply go backwards and don't have anything to change your actions, you'll simply keep doing the same thing regardless

fuck determinism
    NO.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Neverwinter is back up for any nerds who were playing earlier.
    I was thinking about booting up SC2 but I feel you guys could probably entertain me more!

GO!

*sip*

I did this earlier, thought it was worth a laugh, if you do not know what Bible Black is don't Google it its so very NSFW and you are better off not knowing
    playing Game Dev Tycoon, made a School Sim

:(:(

2vt4700.jpg

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

these days, determinism is pretty firmly in the realm of pseudoscience.

Even the many-worlds-interpretation of quantum has been pushed out to the far fringe. Has no evidence whatsoever in favor and requires discarding or replacing concepts which are backed by evidence (such as conservation of energy).
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    desc wrote: »
    Neverwinter is back up for any nerds who were playing earlier.

im at work, but thankfully I put 2 18h skills on before I left
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I would Groundhog Day so hard that I would probably lose touch with normal, continuous life.

And maybe develop weird attitudes towards other people, since I'd know that they'd be reset 24 hours after every interaction.

But I figure I'd gain a lot of knowledge in the meantime, and that would help me learn how to use the ability more effectively,

And then I could do the other thing and accumulate lots of life experience before going back to start.
    Robos A Go Go on

that sounds so terrible :rotate:

They told us it made them uncomfortable
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I usually don't regret any of my decisions, even the bad ones. Like I have no interest in reliving high school and doing it better, or anything like that. I'd use it to keep myself alive.
    I regret every single decision I've ever made
    turtlesig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Wtf, broar, please don't tell me neverwinter levels skills like eve online
    Sarksus wrote: »

they do
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    So I had an experience coming home from electro.

I pulled up to a red light and a car with two youngish men pulled up next to me. They talked between themselves a bit and then I heard one say "holler at her!" and the other say "That's a guy, dude." And then they talked some more and I couldn't hear it.

So that whole thing makes me feel a little weird. I should probably expect more of it.
    Sarksus wrote: »

they do

at least you can earn the ability to do 9 at once
This discussion has been closed.