Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    tele...health

We can call a toll free number and her health advice from a doctor/nurse.

#Ontario #FreeHealthCare #GODLIKE

I feel like doctors hate this.

Doctors here have you sign contracts that forbid you from seeing anyone else except them including walk in clinics

Doctors up here although free are quite the assholes sometimes.

buh

NO.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    The scene where Bill Murray gets out of the news van and talks to the state trooper was filmed on the Amstutz Expressway under the Grand Avenue overpass just outside of downtown Waukegan, IL.

Huh. I drive over that overpass every day.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc I just found out something wacky

You can not only steal narrative right from another player with a scene card, you can just straight up make a new scene entirely with one

this changes things drastically

MEANWHILE IN PARIS

Also apparently you don't need to make a scene with your main dude, you can just throw whoever you want in there

like someone could play the templar card and then play the templar while you and me do our main guys, for instance

I feel like this is something I want to do
    turtlesig.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    contract to see only one doctor??

I'm boggling
    NO.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I like the ethical questions that come from time travel or looping

Do people and their suffering still have ethical value if you're going to reset anyway? If a person has no memory or trauma from suffering, is the transient experience still morally problematic? Does morality even have any meaning when people are in a time loop and will be reset?
    I have never seen such a contract

Seems ludicrous
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    I got Neverwinter installed, but I must sleep

Tomorrow is time with family but I might get on late
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

Do people and their suffering still have ethical value if you're going to reset anyway? If a person has no memory or trauma from suffering, is the transient experience still morally problematic? Does morality even have any meaning when people are in a time loop and will be reset?

i think the fundamental question is whether resetting destroys the universe and creates a new one, or whether it just removes you from it.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

I'm boggling

If you see another doctor you are not giving your "primary" doctor the money for seeing you. So they want you to sign a contract that if you break you have to pay a fee.

I'm boggling

for real

that is some bullshit

you should call your equivalent of a congressman

ridingsmate or parlimentarian or whatever.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I will fight you about leather straps Will

Why not just wear a plastic Casio!!! It's anarchy

Watches should be as heavy and unwieldy as possible, to keep time from slipping away

metal straps are nothing more than a heavy-handed metaphor about being shackled to a schedule.

Damn. Heavy handed

Well done
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Irond Will wrote: »

i think the fundamental question is whether resetting destroys the universe and creates a new one, or whether it just removes you from it.

Like you just disappear from that timeline and everyone goes about their business as though you mysteriously vanished? This seems unsatisfying

My hypothetical would not go that way.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

EM this post is just my post about cheating except you spelled it out and made the implications more accessible.

You are the Da Vinci Code to my Foucault's Pendulum.

Or maybe I am, because I simplified the implications into a base sexuality that has mass appeal.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Groundhog Day is so sad.
    the part with the homeless guy
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Awww, fuck da club. too tired for dat shit. Might go for a late night stroll tough.
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg

I'm boggling

If you see another doctor you are not giving your "primary" doctor the money for seeing you. So they want you to sign a contract that if you break you have to pay a fee.

like uh that sounds illegal?
    NO.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Falconry best sport / hobby / pet ownership
    oh my

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XNL9F2Urqs&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s

someone strapped a camera on a peregrine falcon

Holy FUCK this is awesome

I actually exclaimed in surprise when he dove for the duck because it was exactly the sudden maneuver I expected but the speed was still shocking

Jesus
    oh my

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XNL9F2Urqs&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s

someone strapped a camera on a peregrine falcon

too much flapping

not enough soaring

c+

would not falcon again
    nausea

the body's revenge
    NO.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    UdLnWNZ.png
    h1DI1.jpg
    tomatillos kind of smell like vomit when you think about it
    NO.
    Sig

Stop thinking about puke
    Sig

Stop thinking about puke

I cut up so many tomatillos earlier!
    NO.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Sup nerds.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    ...There are a lot of people screaming outside.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular

if I lived in the country I would hells of raise horses and falcons

and maybe owls
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    That was a helluva sloppy dive attack, rookie.
    falcon4.jpg
    Go back to school.
    *Top Gin Anthem*
    tomatillos kind of smell like vomit when you think about it

have you ever eaten a raw tomatillo?

it tastes like an apple
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

and maybe owls

Add one savannah cat and I'll approve this list.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    my poly folks have a new kitten

923240_10201006544782828_1040851103_n.jpg
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    UdLnWNZ.png

Oh, so I shouldn't eat half one day, sneak all but one slice during the night, then finish it off for breakfast?
    Feral wrote: »

and maybe owls

and eat a lot of peaches
    he is the perfect temperament

he plays when you want to play

when you lay down, he keeps playing for a few minutes but when he figures out that you're sleepy, he'll come cuddle with you

he likes to sleep in the crook of your arm

he also likes to carry his toy mousie in his mouth, and he's already learning to fetch
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    desc you're the boss of Recettear

Should I be aiming for maximum profits in a completely new game, or just trying to level my merchant rank with the pin bonuses
    turtlesig.jpg
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    Goddamn.

If any of you watched that video embedded, do yourself a favor and watch it full screen.

That dive was absolutely incredible.
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
    UdLnWNZ.png

Oh, so I shouldn't eat half one day, sneak all but one slice during the night, then finish it off for breakfast?

A pie a day something something diabetes.
    h1DI1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.