Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I had to send Aaron to the 24hr pharmacy cause the infection is in my kidneys now :(

Cass, you should be at the hospital if its spreading

Called telehealth and spoke to walk in doctor

No hospital for now but antibiotics must be taken asap
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I had to send Aaron to the 24hr pharmacy cause the infection is in my kidneys now :(

Yeah this sounds like something a doctor should be around for.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Today I rolled my ankle when I had to climb a fence to get an arrow that went way off course (see my earlier post re: worst day of kyudo I've had in a while)

but I also participated in some amateur community assistance by fixing a waterway cover that had apparently been knocked into said waterway on the edge of an old lady's farm plot

tomorrow is a public holiday and if I can, I am going to go eat the nine-tier Evangelion burger

but for now, gonna play some vidja and think about burning Cathars

If you dont document with many pictures/video this I am seriously going to find a way to punch you in the junk.
    bloodyroarxx on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Asymmetrical armor is stupid. Why would anyone ever want two radically differently-sized shoulder pads as they went into melee combat.

you always lead with a certain shoulder? formation or something?

because it looks rad?
    NO.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular

Wait what :c

Bladder infection that stems from faulty thyroid

if your kidneys are now hurting, maybe hospital time?
    NO.

Called telehealth and spoke to walk in doctor

No hospital for now but antibiotics must be taken asap

FUCK TELEHEALTH

I would be dead if I listened to those idiots.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I think the main challenge with the question is figuring out exactly what the point of life becomes when you have the option to relive moments or the entire thing.

Would you just try to build your ideal life? What would you do afterwards, then? Just let yourself die?

I think you'd eventually either realize the futility of chasing that perfect life or, after achieving it several times over, find that the next thing to do is to apply the ability to building not just a better life but also a better world.

i don't really think that there is a perfect life. just different things you can do.

and while it's a nice thought that you'd eventually dedicate yourself to making a better world, like bill murray did in groundhog day, it doesn't make sense. if his 24-hour life had no meaning outside of its frame, the 24-hour world it inhabited didn't either.

But the 24 hour period gained meaning as soon as he progressed past that day, giving lasting consequences to everything he did to help those people.

So if you were trying to make the world better, you'd eventually have to commit to your decisions and stop using your weird power, effectively sacrificing yourself to the hope that you made the right decisions and that everything would now turn out for the best even after you died and could no longer watch over everything.

i mean it's a weird hypothetical, because we're asking if whether, after decades of living the same day, you'd become more attached to exulting your temporary life or enriching the lives of the temporary people surrounding your temporary life.

and i guess it's in some ways sort of the same choice you make in regular life, ultimately. to what do you dedicate your finite life?
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Asymmetrical armor is stupid. Why would anyone ever want two radically differently-sized shoulder pads as they went into melee combat.

So that the other industrial wasteland gladiators will be distracted by your frenetic style as you duel with sharpened car axles
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    If you don't preserve any extra information from your save then it barely even counts as happening; you're just going to relive those moments and make the same decisions

Or, if there is a random determinant factor because thought is affected by micro-level random fluctuations or whatever, you'll be basically rolling the dice without any knowledge that it is any different

Having knowledge would make it a really weird, almost hellish punishment kind of experience

I was imagining something like a videogame, where you remember in-game text that you read and have a rough idea of how things will progress, but you don't retain skills and certain things unfold differently.

And I think you'd give up on the whole thing long before it became a hellish experience.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    This save slot thing just seems like a pain.

Would rather have immortality
    tele...health

NO.
    If you save scum too much will EM know
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

historically? Because you are holding a shield. Or the guy next to you in a phalanx is.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    So It Goes wrote: »
    tele...health

We can call a toll free number and her health advice from a doctor/nurse.

#Ontario #FreeHealthCare #GODLIKE
    god why do I keep trying this apricot beer

now I feel nauseous
    NO.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    didn't someone mention that you can update the neverwinter crafting skills via phone app or web page?

yo!

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    which by the way is a dumbly spelled world

should be natious. or nawshus.
    NO.
    This hypothetical is weird and doesn't meet my standards for ridiculous hypotheticals

Instead I will say that neurological determinism is rad and y'all is bitches
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Today I rolled my ankle when I had to climb a fence to get an arrow that went way off course (see my earlier post re: worst day of kyudo I've had in a while)

but I also participated in some amateur community assistance by fixing a waterway cover that had apparently been knocked into said waterway on the edge of an old lady's farm plot

tomorrow is a public holiday and if I can, I am going to go eat the nine-tier Evangelion burger

but for now, gonna play some vidja and think about burning Cathars

If you dont document with many pictures/video this I am seriously going to find a way to punch you in the junk.

I have a feeling I will need to document it so people know that I died as I lived

via a series of increasingly poor decisions
    turtlesig.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I will fight you about leather straps Will

Why not just wear a plastic Casio!!! It's anarchy

Watches should be as heavy and unwieldy as possible, to keep time from slipping away
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

because it looks rad?

I can accept rule of cool for anything, but I find it an uncool look so I dunno.

It just seems like it would feel distracting, but I am also not a dungeon explorer irl so what do I know.

because it looks rad?

right; modern fencers always lead with their weapon hand and try to minimize exposure to the front of their torso.

also didn't those gladiators with nets and spears (i forget what they were called) have only their spear side heavily armored?
    Sarksus wrote: »
    If you save scum too much will EM know

Save scumming would be especially douchey in real life

Oh I fucked up this painting, quick load, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE HANG ON A SEC
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    didn't someone mention that you can update the neverwinter crafting skills via phone app or web page?

yo!

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Thanks Jacob!
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod

maybe it's based on a calculation of your opponents' likely handedness, so you put the big blocky thing on your left side where they're apt to be swinging from?

(it looks cool sometimes)
    edited May 2013
    desc I just found out something wacky

You can not only steal narrative right from another player with a scene card, you can just straight up make a new scene entirely with one

this changes things drastically
    simonwolf on
    turtlesig.jpg

you should reform phonics sig

this could be your calling

we have a lot of unnecessary letters, and a lot of sounds that should be letters.

get on that.

Wait what :c

Bladder infection that stems from faulty thyroid

@Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

ugh that sucks, get better soon
    tele...health

I feel like doctors hate this.
    NO.
    I came in 20 seconds *reload*
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

because it looks rad?

right; modern fencers always lead with their weapon hand and try to minimize exposure to the front of their torso.

also didn't those gladiators with nets and spears (i forget what they were called) have only their spear side heavily armored?

Yeah. gladiator armor was weird though. It was often deliberately less than optimal in order to make a better show.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    tele...health

I feel like doctors hate this.

Doctors here have you sign contracts that forbid you from seeing anyone else except them including walk in clinics

Doctors up here although free are quite the assholes sometimes.

because it looks rad?

Ogkd4XA.jpg
    turtlesig.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I think the main challenge with the question is figuring out exactly what the point of life becomes when you have the option to relive moments or the entire thing.

Would you just try to build your ideal life? What would you do afterwards, then? Just let yourself die?

I think you'd eventually either realize the futility of chasing that perfect life or, after achieving it several times over, find that the next thing to do is to apply the ability to building not just a better life but also a better world.

i don't really think that there is a perfect life. just different things you can do.

and while it's a nice thought that you'd eventually dedicate yourself to making a better world, like bill murray did in groundhog day, it doesn't make sense. if his 24-hour life had no meaning outside of its frame, the 24-hour world it inhabited didn't either.

But the 24 hour period gained meaning as soon as he progressed past that day, giving lasting consequences to everything he did to help those people.

So if you were trying to make the world better, you'd eventually have to commit to your decisions and stop using your weird power, effectively sacrificing yourself to the hope that you made the right decisions and that everything would now turn out for the best even after you died and could no longer watch over everything.

i mean it's a weird hypothetical, because we're asking if whether, after decades of living the same day, you'd become more attached to exulting your temporary life or enriching the lives of the temporary people surrounding your temporary life.

and i guess it's in some ways sort of the same choice you make in regular life, ultimately. to what do you dedicate your finite life?

Also, the question of how to treat others is sort of the same. The people around you may be temporary due to being able to reset, but even in normal life people are temporary.

because it looks rad?

Myrmidons

Mermen

mer something
    NO.

you should reform phonics sig

this could be your calling

we have a lot of unnecessary letters, and a lot of sounds that should be letters.

get on that.

man I wish
    NO.
    So blood dragon is great but I wish stealth were less of a thing

Giant laser dragons make stealth even more important
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    desc I just found out something wacky

You can not only steal narrative right from another player with a scene card, you can just straight up make a new scene entirely with one

this changes things drastically

MEANWHILE IN PARIS
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I will fight you about leather straps Will

Why not just wear a plastic Casio!!! It's anarchy

Watches should be as heavy and unwieldy as possible, to keep time from slipping away

metal straps are nothing more than a heavy-handed metaphor about being shackled to a schedule.
    Whips should happen in games more
This discussion has been closed.