Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Wait how do I equip shit to my adventurer

This Louie guy is the worst

You have to equip it before they set out into the dungeon. It takes up actual space in their total inventory too, but you can tit them out pretty well.

Sometimes they will want to buy stuff in your store, like a weapon or armor -- sell them something good for cheap because it will become one of their default items.

Then one of them will inevitably buy a shit dagger or something when you're not paying attention and replace a better it with it.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    culinary school, so tempting, so not a good idea
    NO.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacob, love the new XP so much. So much.

isn't it great?

Yep. Redid my character sheet. It's 90% the same. But with Sanctum (Own), Gnosis 3 and two more dots of Resources. Because Gnosis 3 was insanely expensive under the previous rules.

It's really interesting how it no longer penalizes people for getting really good at their preferred thing.

Also, DaveB clarified Arcane XP - you guys will be able to get Arcane Beats through pursuing Obsessions (Arcane Aspirations, basically, but he thought that sounded dumb so went with Obsessions instead).

Wait...now I need to read that.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

trying to teach food how to read and count was a noble goal but bound to end in failure

There's an awful joke about cannibalism in there somewhere.

"The welfare of each of us is dependent fundamentally upon the welfare of all of us."
    "This country will not be a permanently good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a reasonably good place for all of us to live in."

"There is not a man of us who does not at times need a helping hand to be stretched out to him, and then shame upon him who will not stretch out the helping hand to his brother."
    -Theodore Roosevelt
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular

trying to teach food how to read and count was a noble goal but bound to end in failure

I continue down the path of learning by trial and error
    NO.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

It's not a bad idea if you are a debauched wealthy socialite who wants to learn how to cook legit fancy meals without actually wanting to pursue that career

Because cooking is one of those things where it's hard to learn the top-level stuff since there's TOO MUCH information available and it is hard to parse and evaluate all of it without expertise
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Jacob, love the new XP so much. So much.

isn't it great?

Yep. Redid my character sheet. It's 90% the same. But with Sanctum (Own), Gnosis 3 and two more dots of Resources. Because Gnosis 3 was insanely expensive under the previous rules.

It's really interesting how it no longer penalizes people for getting really good at their preferred thing.

Also, DaveB clarified Arcane XP - you guys will be able to get Arcane Beats through pursuing Obsessions (Arcane Aspirations, basically, but he thought that sounded dumb so went with Obsessions instead).

Wait...now I need to read that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRPG/comments/1dfrlx/new_release_wod_godmachine_chronicle/c9q89pn
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Oh shit @Tav I didn't realize that guy from Slayer had actually died. D:

That sucks. I'll mistakenly listen to some more Anthrax in tribute.
    I think Reign In Blood is around here somewhere...
    camo_sig2.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    D: Friend who messed up her shoulder playing rugby just posted the xrays on fb.
    ft z
    It's not a bad idea if you are a debauched wealthy socialite who wants to learn how to cook legit fancy meals without actually wanting to pursue that career

Because cooking is one of those things where it's hard to learn the top-level stuff since there's TOO MUCH information available and it is hard to parse and evaluate all of it without expertise

Yeah I just slowly learn stuff on my own. I can't make sauces except roux for Mac and cheese
    NO.
    me neither, sig, but at least roux is something you can do a ton with
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Welp I was doing good in Gradius III hard mode until I died on the sevent boss. Then I couldn't get any further because trying to beat a boss like that without any of your powerups on hard mode is like standing in front of a tank with a slingshot.
    true, but like reductions and aolis! howww
    NO.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    One thing I really look forward to from GTA V is that
    the one dude straight up says he enjoys the criminal activities

It feels like there won't be as much of the whole brooding protagonist who goes on about all the terrible shit he had to do yet ends up committing mass murders anyway
    CDIOl.png
    or wtf is an aromatic
    NO.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Aioli = slightly runny mayo with stuff in it. Mayo is dead easy to make, even easier if you have an immersion blender.
    dporowski wrote: »

Aioli = slightly runny mayo with stuff in it. Mayo is dead easy to make, even easier if you have an immersion blender.

Oh that must be why I failed at it. now I have an immersion blender
    NO.

It feels like there won't be as much of the whole brooding protagonist who goes on about all the terrible shit he had to do yet ends up committing mass murders anyway

I don't want it to be as zany as Saint's Row but I would definitely welcome a bit more of a sense of fun

or even just, if it wants to go serious, it needs to commit and do it right and not half-ass it. GTAIV had serious problems with you'd do a mission that had you beat a man to death who was begging for his life or something and your guy would talk about what a monster he was and then the mission would be over and you'd be outside of a fast food restaurant named after a vagina
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    or wtf is an aromatic

Two contexts: First, "stuff what's smelly, like herbs". Second, the big ones are onion/celery/carrot/garlic, stuff that when cooked adds a punch of flavor to the dish.

If you're serious about needing the basics, then http://www.amazon.com/The-Elements-Cooking-Translating-Kitchen/dp/1439172528 is freakin' good. "Twenty" (same author) is also really nice, goes into how and why you can use things like "salt" to get all sorts of effects.

I also like "Ratio", but that's a different thing he did, more about "breaking down recipes" than anything else.
    dporowski on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    @RiemannLives

So far it seems pretty stable. Admittedly I haven't exactly taxed it since after a few early bitch slappings I went only 3 opponents and on Easy to get a better feel for how the game plays but it's been just fine performance-wise so far.

You can accelerate time a lot though (I stopped hitting "+" once it hit x10 and went back down to something more reasonable) so I wonder if the performance problems people were hitting were related to cracking the game speed up in a game with max opponents and universe size.
    sigtk.jpg

I hope this means that upon reading that post, you yelled "AIOLI!", put your fists in the air, and then immediately bought an immersion blender on Amazon

I hope this means that upon reading that post, you yelled "AIOLI!", put your fists in the air, and then immediately bought an immersion blender on Amazon
    hehe no I got it for my boyfriend at Christmas
    NO.
    I like the notion of GTAV returning to San Andreas, and it's neat that they're focusing on Los Santos (the best city) but I really would not mind a couple expansion pack dealies restoring San Fierro and Las Venturas. I don't suppose that's at all likely though, given GTAV seems to already be incorporating a good chunk of the countryside in between the city centers.

I wonder if they'll include that tallest building that you could drive a vehicle into, have it appear on the roof, and then drive off into the sky.
    camo_sig2.png

I don't want it to be as zany as Saint's Row but I would definitely welcome a bit more of a sense of fun

or even just, if it wants to go serious, it needs to commit and do it right and not half-ass it. GTAIV had serious problems with you'd do a mission that had you beat a man to death who was begging for his life or something and your guy would talk about what a monster he was and then the mission would be over and you'd be outside of a fast food restaurant named after a vagina

I think it's kind of hitting a note that is basically exactly what I want in that it'll probably be a bit more dramatic than San Andreas and the first two Saints Row games but not so much as GTA IV

That's only given quite limited information, mind, but still it really does look like they're taking most after Ballad of Gay Tony which was far and away the best part of GTA IV
    CDIOl.png
    I find the best way to learn advanced cooking stuff (not that I'm particularly advanced) is to ask people in person or online who are experienced in the field. Podly for example. BeNarwhal had worked and does currently work doing kitchen work as well.

Then experiment, in a very scientific way, like trying to make a difficult sauce multiple times in a row. Expensive though, sometimes.
    Also to think of Saints Row I'm really disappointed with the direction they're taking it in that you're fighting off aliens or some dumb shit

Hell, if they wanted to really stretch it, I feel like Team America: World Police would have been the perfect note

Your merchandising empire has stretched all over the world and now you ruthlessly protect your brand across the globe

That kind of shit, not this weird super-powered alien mess
    CDIOl.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I think I am a bit hungover. EEEK
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Also to think of Saints Row I'm really disappointed with the direction they're taking it in that you're fighting off aliens or some dumb shit

Hell, if they wanted to really stretch it, I feel like Team America: World Police would have been the perfect note

Your merchandising empire has stretched all over the world and now you ruthlessly protect your brand across the globe

That kind of shit, not this weird super-powered alien mess

Saint's Row has gone to a place where I'm not really interested in following

my jam is definitely the middle-of-the-road melodrama like Sleeping Dogs or the more down to earth parts of San Andreas. I mean, the fun of these games is in the mayhem you can cause, so I don't really want the story to be rubbing my face in what a monster my character is, but there are ways (like having really hateful bad guys, the way San Andreas did) to kind of make that acceptable and palatable while still having some dramatic stakes.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so uh. this is my second time failing out of college.

not sure how to deal with finals week knowing that I won't be returning.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

Giantbomb's little preview addressed this in a smart way. The 3 protag system lets you do this well since one guy is a nut so his solo stuff can be over the top insane style crimes where the other 2 can be laid back with more grounded crime stuff.
    Right, I don't mind being a criminal, but I want my enemies to be much worse than I am so that it feels great when they get their come-uppance
    CDIOl.png

Giantbomb's little preview addressed this in a smart way. The 3 protag system lets you do this well since one guy is a nut so his solo stuff can be over the top insane style crimes where the other 2 can be laid back with more grounded crime stuff.

Have they confirmed if it's gonna be co op yet?

It seems like it'd be weird not to, but I can't find any "yep, gonna be co op" anywhere.
    camo_sig2.png
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular

Oh man that's awful. My sympathies.
    Also since im moving soon I wanted to see my option for internet.

The guys I'm with now offer me for $50 a month (Im bundled with my cable and phone so I got a "deal")

14Mbps up
    2Mbps down
    125 GB cap

These other guys who would be internet only for the same price offer me either

Cable
    30 Mbps down
    2 Mbps up
    200 GB cap
    and an unmetered usage window from 2-8am everyday

OR

DSL
    25 Mbps down
    10 Mbps up
    300 GB cap
    and an unmetered usage window from 2-8am everyday

Im going to have to convince the lady to let us switch.

Have they confirmed if it's gonna be co op yet?

It seems like it'd be weird not to, but I can't find any "yep, gonna be co op" anywhere.

They didnt talk about co-op but it seems like the story will have none but it sounds like there will be multiplayer content to help recreate that stuff.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I think I am a bit hungover. EEEK

Beer festival good then?
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Bogart wrote: »

Oh man that's awful. My sympathies.

Nah it's not like some awful unfortunate circumstance. I made a lot of bad decision.

I appreciate the sympathy though.
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
This discussion has been closed.