Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I think I am a bit hungover. EEEK

Beer festival good then?

Pretty good. Then of course we compounded the problem by going out in north London, then in Balham.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    D: Friend who messed up her shoulder playing rugby just posted the xrays on fb.

I've dislocated my shoulder so many times that I don't even want to see what the x-rays would look like.

One of these days, I'll be rich enough to get it fixed. Wait, no. Probably not :-p

"The welfare of each of us is dependent fundamentally upon the welfare of all of us."
    "This country will not be a permanently good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a reasonably good place for all of us to live in."

"There is not a man of us who does not at times need a helping hand to be stretched out to him, and then shame upon him who will not stretch out the helping hand to his brother."
    -Theodore Roosevelt
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Bloodsport is such a great Batman Beyond episode
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    Well. I usually keep this part of my life separate from online, but I broke up with the girl I've been dating for the past month or so. She was amazing and all that but she was highly flirty with other people and loved to do all of that directly in front of me and I am highly jealous.

I dunno.

She was really great. All my clothes smell like her now and I don't know what to do.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also to think of Saints Row I'm really disappointed with the direction they're taking it in that you're fighting off aliens or some dumb shit

Hell, if they wanted to really stretch it, I feel like Team America: World Police would have been the perfect note

Your merchandising empire has stretched all over the world and now you ruthlessly protect your brand across the globe

That kind of shit, not this weird super-powered alien mess

Saint's Row has gone to a place where I'm not really interested in following

my jam is definitely the middle-of-the-road melodrama like Sleeping Dogs or the more down to earth parts of San Andreas. I mean, the fun of these games is in the mayhem you can cause, so I don't really want the story to be rubbing my face in what a monster my character is, but there are ways (like having really hateful bad guys, the way San Andreas did) to kind of make that acceptable and palatable while still having some dramatic stakes.

Saints Row 2's story hook was all on the villains

when they fucked with Carlos and Aisha you knew they had to be put in the fucking ground

it was da bes
    override367 on
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also to think of Saints Row I'm really disappointed with the direction they're taking it in that you're fighting off aliens or some dumb shit

Hell, if they wanted to really stretch it, I feel like Team America: World Police would have been the perfect note

Your merchandising empire has stretched all over the world and now you ruthlessly protect your brand across the globe

That kind of shit, not this weird super-powered alien mess

Saint's Row has gone to a place where I'm not really interested in following

my jam is definitely the middle-of-the-road melodrama like Sleeping Dogs or the more down to earth parts of San Andreas. I mean, the fun of these games is in the mayhem you can cause, so I don't really want the story to be rubbing my face in what a monster my character is, but there are ways (like having really hateful bad guys, the way San Andreas did) to kind of make that acceptable and palatable while still having some dramatic stakes.

Saints Row 2's story hook was all on the villains

when they fucked with Carlos and Aisha you knew they had to be put in the fucking ground

it was da bes

That Texas Funeral was incredible
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    Well. I usually keep this part of my life separate from online, but I broke up with the girl I've been dating for the past month or so. She was amazing and all that but she was highly flirty with other people and loved to do all of that directly in front of me and I am highly jealous.

I dunno.

She was really great. All my clothes smell like her now and I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry, Eddy.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I dunno.

Sorry to hear it.

Honestly?

Laundry. Then your clothes will smell like your clothes. In my experience, this sort of thing is a distinct help.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Also since im moving soon I wanted to see my option for internet.

The guys I'm with now offer me for $50 a month (Im bundled with my cable and phone so I got a "deal")

14Mbps up
    2Mbps down
    125 GB cap

These other guys who would be internet only for the same price offer me either

Cable
    30 Mbps down
    2 Mbps up
    200 GB cap
    and an unmetered usage window from 2-8am everyday

OR

DSL
    25 Mbps down
    10 Mbps up
    300 GB cap

Im going to have to convince the lady to let us switch.

See if you can check what actual speed you'll get on DSL. It drops off surprisingly quickly with distance from the exchange.

To the extent that my "up to 20mbps" connection is more like 1.3 down, 0.2 up because I'm on the very edge of my exchange's coverage.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    This is just bad news all around today huh

Well!

I'm supposed to be at work but missed the bus, phoned to let em know and learned my mentor is off sick and declared fuck it, going home to work on my nursey book thing but now I'm here and not working on it because reasons

It'd be so easy to just do this work and stop being a nervous wreck at all times but I am already a nervous wreck and thus cannot do the work that would make me not so constantly scared

camo_sig2.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Workin on Sunday morning

Eez boolsheet

Sad5 fellow Sunday work slave :(
    evilbob wrote: »
    Also since im moving soon I wanted to see my option for internet.

The guys I'm with now offer me for $50 a month (Im bundled with my cable and phone so I got a "deal")

14Mbps up
    2Mbps down
    125 GB cap

These other guys who would be internet only for the same price offer me either

Cable
    30 Mbps down
    2 Mbps up
    200 GB cap

OR

DSL
    25 Mbps down
    10 Mbps up
    300 GB cap

Im going to have to convince the lady to let us switch.

See if you can check what actual speed you'll get on DSL. It drops off surprisingly quickly with distance from the exchange.

To the extent that my "up to 20mbps" connection is more like 1.3 down, 0.2 up because I'm on the very edge of my exchange's coverage.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    Made it to a cafe. Sitting outside now in the sun waiting for coffee and hst do I see, a middle age man walking shirtless at 950am

Welcome to Britain
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Made it to a cafe. Sitting outside now in the sun waiting for coffee and hst do I see, a middle age man walking shirtless at 950am

Welcome to Britain

how pink is he
    He seemed to be milky pale. It is still early after all
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    *yaaawn* G'd morn'.
    Right, off to feed this cat
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Mooooornin

I just bought Victoria II. Lord have mercy on my soul.
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Mooooornin

It's fun, but I thought a bit too easy? It's really easy to game the... game.
    Bloodsport is such a great Batman Beyond episode

Forest Whittaker is in it!
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Mooooornin

It's fun, but I thought a bit too easy? It's really easy to game the... game.
    You set your own goals, but it's mostly an exercise in being efficient and being able to manage a lot of statistics and spreadsheets. I want to try and make a Fascist Tibet at some point, it should be possible.

--

There's also mods in case you're a bit crazy, one of them generates random worlds and another one I found completely reworked the economy from the ground up. In case you don't like this planet or some such. :P
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
    Apparently we had a paper fight with newspapers on the tube last night
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Ohhh that's why I took a three hour nap today.

Forgot to drink my coffee!
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Facebook seems to have done something that causes my browser to sit at 100% CPU usage whenever I open it up.
    Golly I want a dog. The parks are full of people having fun with dogs and I feel I should join the party.

I think an Alsatian with extra fluffy would be about right
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    Facebook seems to have done something that causes my browser to sit at 100% CPU usage whenever I open it up.

They're using you to mine bitcoins.
    @jakobkosh I may have to read some Doom Patrol some day.
    In 1956, while judging a swimsuit competition, Flex fell in love with and later married a woman named Dolores Watson. He was then approached by a reporter named Norman Grindstone, who was investigating the disappearance of detective Harry Christmas. Harry was "on to something big", as Norman put it, involving the Pentagon, a rash of 32 mysterious disappearances since 1949, silver sugar tongs, and an Ant Farm. Norman found Harry's conclusion about what was going on, and showed it to Flex. Both were horrified by Harry's discoveries. Soon after, Norman Grindstone was seemingly erased from existence. For two months Flex flexed about every muscle in his body to try and turn the Pentagon into a circle. Dolores left him in this time because he wouldn't stop flexing. He failed, and investigated the Pentagon up close. He was captured, however, by the (real) Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and placed inside the Tearoom of Despair.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

They're using you to mine bitcoins.

I would not be in the least surprised.
    This cat is so pleased to see me it insisted in following me to the toilet. Having a cat stand by the bowl looking up is rather disconcerting and not advisable for either of us.

So I took her out and shut the door, which she then forced open. I had to then lock the door
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_llf6z34cvC1qg43p3o1_1280.jpg
    Jacobkosh on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    mornin'
    xlh6c3.png
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I'm sick

yay exam week
    The Filth was some supremely weird shit.
    7am sunday I got my first test call, man they are starting early this week
    If two mods infract someone at the same time, does the universe end?
    Just found a new kiwi owned roastery. Hurrah@
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I really hope Remember Me ends up being good.
This discussion has been closed.