Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    ...There are a lot of people screaming outside.

All I can hear is the wind trying to knock redwoods down on top of our power lines.

I give us a thirty percent chance to have power in the morning.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc you're the boss of Recettear

Should I be aiming for maximum profits in a completely new game, or just trying to level my merchant rank with the pin bonuses

Level your merchant rank.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

Should I be aiming for maximum profits in a completely new game, or just trying to level my merchant rank with the pin bonuses

I have played like two or three times and each time I just went for dollars. I haven't tried to really go back at it to min max the hero love or pins or whatever.

Fuck that hipster mage NPC get money
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    tele...health

We can call a toll free number and her health advice from a doctor/nurse.

#Ontario #FreeHealthCare #GODLIKE

I feel like doctors hate this.

Doctors here have you sign contracts that forbid you from seeing anyone else except them including walk in clinics

Doctors up here although free are quite the assholes sometimes.

Wat

I've never heard of this

I doubt it's even remotely enforceable in any court
    CDIOl.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Level your merchant rank.

So just selling at base value?
    turtlesig.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    It's an honour to be nominated.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Really, just focus on keeping your combo high. Don't be afraid to sell at a loss occasionally, it'll increase the amount of money the person has after a while.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    holy shit Feral that is a tiny baby!
    tele...health

Doctors here have you sign contracts that forbid you from seeing anyone else except them including walk in clinics

Wat

I've never heard of this

I'm pretty sure he's confused his mobbed up weed doctor for his medical one.
    Thinking about recettear makes me want to play it.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    holy shit Feral that is a tiny baby!

and a ridiculously hot girl <3
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    tele...health

Wat

I've never heard of this

I learned that my electro place is in the same building as a pot club.

This explains the guy near the entrance always asking if I'm going down in the elevator.
    Shivahn wrote: »
    tele...health

Wat

I've never heard of this

I learned that my electro place is in the same building as a pot club.

This explains the guy near the entrance always asking if I'm going down in the elevator.

Or he's insane.

Stay away from that dude.

Or buy weed from him, shit, what do I know.

(What if he's satan and that's just his favorite joke?)

I should sleep, I'm getting too silly.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Oh my god this Vikings show is almost unbearably cheesy

History channel

You are a liar
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Good morning [chat].
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    My sister's kitten has apparently fallen in love with the girl who lives upstairs. She likes cats and thinks he cute but she's not into him that way. Poor kitty, not even a year old and he's been friendzoned.

History channel

You are a liar

Did you think it was about real Vikings?

Like that falcon video, some history channel executive priducer ninja'd a camera into the helmet of a Viking (after baking use of a time portal).

I think I just created a new tv show!
    edited May 2013
    evilbob wrote: »
    My sister's kitten has apparently fallen in love with the girl who lives upstairs. She likes cats and thinks he cute but she's not into him that way. Poor kitty, not even a year old and he's been friendzoned.

Create a reddit account for kitty?

Geth roll 1 d10

8+ I stay up peppering chat with nonsense and listen to young people enjoy the first decently warm Saturday night of spring.

Geth does not answer my prayers. I can take the hint, bed time.
    Caveman Paws on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

History channel

You are a liar

Did you think it was about real Vikings?

Like that falcon video, some history channel executive priducer ninja'd a camera into the helmet of a Viking (after baking use of a time portal).

I think I just created a new tv show!

I thought it might be understated historical drama

NOPE

throbbing string music, CG backgrounds, visions of gods, absurdly good looking actors

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Maaaaaan

What's with this twenty item limit for my backpack

I want to hoard this dungeon's loot

*flips table*
    turtlesig.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    LOOT EVERYTHING
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Jacob, love the new XP so much. So much.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Workin on Sunday morning

Eez boolsheet
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »

isn't it great?
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The biggest twist I can think of in the gaming world is that the Durango is the PS4, and Sony and Microsoft are now working together.
    Maaaaaan

What's with this twenty item limit for my backpack

I want to hoard this dungeon's loot

*flips table*

I never felt like any of the shit I looted was even that valuable

Hmm

Replaying recettear basically ensured at this point

I wonder if there is some overly-detailed wiki out there
    @desc Justin wanted me to inform you that under the new God Machine rules you can make "cook nice food for everyone" an aspiration and get XP for it
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    sweet blaise is on chopped
    NO.
    @desc Justin wanted me to inform you that under the new God Machine rules you can make "cook nice food for everyone" an aspiration and get XP for it

Oh I see

*strokes white cat in overlord chair*
    Phew. Trying Gradius III on hard. SNES games don't fuck around on hard difficulty.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    The biggest twist I can think of in the gaming world is that the Durango is the PS4, and Sony and Microsoft are now working together.

lol thats some M Night Shamalan shit right there.

isn't it great?

Yep. Redid my character sheet. It's 90% the same. But with Sanctum (Own), Gnosis 3 and two more dots of Resources. Because Gnosis 3 was insanely expensive under the previous rules.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

isn't it great?

Yep. Redid my character sheet. It's 90% the same. But with Sanctum (Own), Gnosis 3 and two more dots of Resources. Because Gnosis 3 was insanely expensive under the previous rules.
    Wait how do I equip shit to my adventurer

This Louie guy is the worst
    turtlesig.jpg
    desc wrote: »

Oh I see

*strokes white cat in overlord chair*

it is the best

you are going to be so happy and you don't even know!
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    black garlic looks cool
    NO.
    Wait how do I equip shit to my adventurer

This Louie guy is the worst

Well you did basically have to give him free stuff just so he could get his adventure's guild card. What did you expect?

isn't it great?

It's really interesting how it no longer penalizes people for getting really good at their preferred thing.

Also, DaveB clarified Arcane XP - you guys will be able to get Arcane Beats through pursuing Obsessions (Arcane Aspirations, basically, but he thought that sounded dumb so went with Obsessions instead).
This discussion has been closed.