Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot I was asleep what's up?

PayPal yo

oh holy shit, rad, thank you!

I am making my order now

Oh thank god it worked this shit is witchcraft

yeah it worked great

card's on its way, will be here tuesday

Yaaaaaaay

thank you cass <3
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Always choose more dialog options. Not even a question.

But here's the thing, what good are bonus dialog options when you don't know the alternative?

I dunno, Freelancer looks cool, since i could just pump everything in pistol like i was suggested to...

Recruit starts with no skill points, which seems dumb to me...
    Starting with no skill points isn't a major problem. You should get enough to get far in the skill bars you care about.

Also, if you get stuck at a boss, remember that you can go and do a different mission area.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    When you complete recruit, it unlocks Veteran, which again has custom dialog options but also gets a bunch of extra character points.

Yeah, i saw.

Freelancer lets you build your own class and recruit starts you off with no skills...

i'll just pick Freelancer and pump all the skill points in pistol.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot I was asleep what's up?

PayPal yo

oh holy shit, rad, thank you!

I am making my order now

Oh thank god it worked this shit is witchcraft

This isn't too far off from the truth.
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    It literally does not matter 21st, the game is incredibly easy... if you use the Pistol. And hand-to-hand. But for real just have a fun time it's not going to get you stuck.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Oh Shadow just left. Fantastic.

The ghost train fight is not gonna be nearly as easy.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Sabin&Cyan BFFs!

• MimMim Registered User regular
    YES. I FOUND ONEEEEE.

my ovaries.

t9W0QGg.gif
    Sabin&Cyan BFFs!

Well Cyan did just lose his family.

Brb writing terrible slash fiction.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Jacob, I'm stumped trying to figure out BJ's long term aspiration. And I assume "Wake up each morning" is not an acceptable short term one?
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    So in San Andreas it only takes 10 of the full-size pizzas to get CJ from full skinny to halfway fat on the fat bar. I might get my Fat CJ playthrough yet.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It literally does not matter 21st, the game is incredibly easy... if you use the Pistol. And hand-to-hand. But for real just have a fun time it's not going to get you stuck.
    In my first playthrough, I used the shotgun and my first mission was in Moscow. Fuck that boss.

Shivahn wrote: »

X+Y+↓+↑

This is the truth of all things Ghost Train.
    I love the Phantom Train music.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Now comes the awkward part I guess. I need to sleep. She's probably asleep. Will we even remember we met?
    Or was it aurabolt due to the holy dmg?

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN BECAUSE I'M FORGETTING.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    Cent

does Kaidan have anything to say about the recording?
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Fick yo gay cearf
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I don't know what is going on but this is already an amazing movie.
    falasig.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I do not recommend getting your kidneys and bladder infected

It sux
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Gah, zoloft keeps making me take hour long naps.
    Shivahn wrote: »

X+Y+↓+↑

This is the truth of all things Ghost Train.

More like △+□+↓+↑ :P

Though I prefer the SNES version, no loading lag! Though no bestiary...

Anyway of course, I'm just sorta screwed. The enemies here are... tough >.>
    Or was it aurabolt due to the holy dmg?

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN BECAUSE I'M FORGETTING.

DOESN'T MATTER, SUPLEX THE TRAIN TO DEATH

Look if I wanted it to be easy I'd phoenix down it and be done with it.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Could never figue out how to do Sabins blitz thing. Rented that game so many times as a kid only to get stuck at the same place each time.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacob, I'm stumped trying to figure out BJ's long term aspiration. And I assume "Wake up each morning" is not an acceptable short term one?

Justin and I were talking about this yesterday and we thought it made sense that one of a character's goals could be "persistent" - something that they do fairly often but could get Beats for over and over because it keeps coming up and is part of their core concept. Like Sinon could have "keep magic from Sleepers" as an aspiration and get a beat every time he burns an evil tome or brainwashes a witness. "Waking up each morning" might be a bit of a gimme since BJ has the power of being a PC but maybe "keep the cabal safe" or something? Fighting monsters or working on the sanctum security would definitely fit that and would give beats.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Seriously, this movie. It is pretty great.

Cabin in the Woods. I will never match Quid so you get my half ass sober version.
    What is going on? Control room? Nice Panties? Cellar? Betting? Oh god.

falasig.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Has anyone played Eador: Masters of the Broken World yet?

Because I can't stop.

It's like Civilization with turn-based tactics combat.

Oh my god.

first google result
    Eador: Masters of the Broken World reviewed – an impressive strategy game as deep as it is buggy

hrm

It is pretty buggy, though patches have been quite diligent and most gamebreaking stuff is gone.

The main thing that remains is karma from shards not feeding back to astral (Which makes some endings unavailable)
    In the major annoyance category there's mostly the AI, which cheats is slow on turns and pretty incompetent.
    And the fact that strategy can get pretty similar.

There's a great game hiding there but even then it's a niche product and they aren't there yet.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

Justin and I were talking about this yesterday and we thought it made sense that one of a character's goals could be "persistent" - something that they do fairly often but could get Beats for over and over because it keeps coming up and is part of their core concept. Like Sinon could have "keep magic from Sleepers" as an aspiration and get a beat every time he burns an evil tome or brainwashes a witness. "Waking up each morning" might be a bit of a gimme since BJ has the power of being a PC but maybe "keep the cabal safe" or something? Fighting monsters or working on the sanctum security would definitely fit that and would give beats.

Makes sense. I do actually have a short term aspiration for him, and a mid-term one but the long term one is likely to end up "Keeping the Cabal" safe. Also, charging dudes so hard they die and go flying is great.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    Could never figue out how to do Sabins blitz thing. Rented that game so many times as a kid only to get stuck at the same place each time.

It took me forever to get the angle-directions correctly on the directional-pad. I was definitely a great game for challenging mechanics at the beginning.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Maybe 5 years ago i played thru ff3 ff4 & ff5 for the first time. Igot halfway thru ff5 before i realized i just didnt enjoy a lot of the underlying game mechanics and quit

So i never made it to ff6 or 7
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    k3mF4ch.jpg?1
    jBEKRTH.png
    Maybe 5 years ago i played thru ff3 ff4 & ff5 for the first time. Igot halfway thru ff5 before i realized i just didnt enjoy a lot of the underlying game mechanics and quit

So i never made it to ff6 or 7

That sucks because FFVI is the only one with characters I really liked >.>

Makes sense. I do actually have a short term aspiration for him, and a mid-term one but the long term one is likely to end up "Keeping the Cabal" safe. Also, charging dudes so hard they die and go flying is great.

Oh rad, did you roll a great weapon fighter?

That game is going to run so much better for me after Tuesday when the new card shows up.

@desc @Elldren @Powerpuppies some thoughts re: new rules and Aspirations
This discussion has been closed.