Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    That sounds like a pretty reasonable situation, Siobahn

I was kind of hoping for at least word of a chair having been tossed, even as an aside, TBH

Well, everyone involved is or seems to be a reasonable person.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Kissing is wonderful because it means you are with someone who wants to kiss you.

Not necessarily.

bit late with this but I wanted to pick it up

anyway, related story from a girl I know

she celebrated her birthday on friday

and she got very drunk

and was badgering a buddy to drink more beer at some point

so he took a deep sip of the beer

then open mouthed kissed her while holding her so she couldn't escape and gave her the beer back.

she thought this was an odd thing to do for a man with a girlfriend.

good way to say "no, shut up, I don't want more beer" clearly, though!
    xlh6c3.png
    gave her the beer back as in CPR mouth-to-mouth but with beer.
    xlh6c3.png
  • HerrCronHerrCron Registered User regular
    And the bar is stocked aside from gin since they ran out of the local distillery one and I really want to try them. I can pick it up tomorrow. Also, a cocktail shaker.

Buy my local gin. The glorious gin is all the gin anyone ever needs.

They're based out of Evanston and have old timey images of the World's Columbian Exposition for their labels. It's like...the opposite of kryptonite for me.

Table flipping is a dying art
    sig.gif
    iguanacus wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure out the correct way to ask since she came out the other day, but I can't seem to 100% get it. Was the AR/Atomika born male or not? I only ask because I'm trying to get some older posts straight in my head from her and I'm just not sure if she was re-writing them from the perspective of somebody who wasn't out or what. Sorry if I'm using the wrong terms here, but the trans label has so much under it's umbrella it's hard to be sure what we're talking about. Take it to pm's if desired.

Born male annnnnddddd trans and that's about as specific as it's possible to get.

Not like, out of much reason except the fact that this stuff is really hard to figure out even in the thick of it.
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Kissing is wonderful because it means you are with someone who wants to kiss you.

Not necessarily.

and she got very drunk

then open mouthed kissed her while holding her so she couldn't escape and gave her the beer back.

gross and awful
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Not necessarily.

and she got very drunk

CREEPY AS FUCK!

no necessary because if she jerked her head away the spit muddled beer would have spilled everywhere and nobody wants that.
    xlh6c3.png
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I'm going to really miss Atomika. Logging in and have the notification of her good-bye message today was one of the biggest bummers I've had in a long time.

I really get the marital self-imposed ban issues and how complicated those things can be. My wife and I have had fights / issues about much less complicated things and I've left boards to keep things together.

I just hope she and her wife can work everything out and get through this / get what they need. It sucks not having her here, but that little bit missing from here every day (EDIT - not to downplay her contrib to the board) is a small price to pay if it helps her and her wife get through what I'm pretty sure is one of the more difficult / complex things anyone would deal with.

Ha

I cannot describe the weird emotions that came with my good bye message.

But they were weird.

I hope everything works out too, and I do think leaving the forums is a good idea in this particular situation.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    When someone tries giving me a beer and I don't want to drink the beer I just don't take the beer. I think my way is better.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    My friend is straight but super cutesy with me and I think it bothers his girlfriend. I don't wanna be that person but I also think she should maybe get over it.
    3FMmC.jpg
    (I get how it sounds creepy but it wasn't!

gross though? Yes.

Hilarious? Yes.)
    xlh6c3.png
    In other words, fuck this gay earth.
    3FMmC.jpg
    wish I was there.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Cronotrigger is incredible, no doubt, but I think FF6 edges it out. Any of that, FF6 or FFT are totally acceptable choices for best Japanese RPG ever.

I thought that FF6 made better use of its ensemble cast, though Chrono Trigger had the better setting.

And I just replayed FFT, and I think it suffered from not having a consistent, distinct enemy like Kefka opposing you throughout. I honestly couldn't name most of the guys who end up with Zodiac Stones.
  • iguanacusiguanacus Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure out the correct way to ask since she came out the other day, but I can't seem to 100% get it. Was the AR/Atomika born male or not? I only ask because I'm trying to get some older posts straight in my head from her and I'm just not sure if she was re-writing them from the perspective of somebody who wasn't out or what. Sorry if I'm using the wrong terms here, but the trans label has so much under it's umbrella it's hard to be sure what we're talking about. Take it to pm's if desired.

Born male annnnnddddd trans and that's about as specific as it's possible to get.

Not like, out of much reason except the fact that this stuff is really hard to figure out even in the thick of it.

Thanks, helped.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    My friend is straight but super cutesy with me and I think it bothers his girlfriend. I don't wanna be that person but I also think she should maybe get over it.

Or you guys should have a threesome.
    tea-1.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    That was not the movie I was expecting.

That was not the ending I was expecting.

Bravo The Cabin in the Woods, bravo.
    falasig.png

Thanks, helped.

Haha, I'm glad because otherwise I'd start grasping at straws trying to explain :P

I would say yes, but i give the worst advice.
    But you harbour no desire to jump his bones, right?
    sig.gif
    HerrCron wrote: »

I totally would but not while he has a girlfriend. That would be like a tragedy upon a tragedy. I also make sure to NOT FLIRT WITH HIM.
    3FMmC.jpg
    although I did think about it

I mean first reaction was hahaha ew

but then like hey some dude pumping beer into my mouth with his mouth? of course that's gross to me.

but... girl? Hm.
    xlh6c3.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Anyone been at the point where you want to fall to pieces and break down, but you know that you can't, because if you do, you'll never put the pieces together again?

Because that's about where I am right now.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Made a bunch of food expecting coworkers to come over so we could work on a training session. They don't come over so we get to eat tons of food. Nomnomnom.
    radroadkill on

Thanks, helped.

Haha, I'm glad because otherwise I'd start grasping at straws trying to explain :P

These kind of things are almost always kinda murky, but her state of being is her own, ya know? Just wanted to make sure I had at least a semi-correct narrative for her post history.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    If I can assert my straight white male privilege for a moment and make everything about me, on the plus side, I did not bat an I when Atomika came out, once I figured out what happened. "I guess Atomic Ross is a woman now. I hope it goes well for her" was my initial reaction. That's a p. big deal for me.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
    Anyone been at the point where you want to fall to pieces and break down, but you know that you can't, because if you do, you'll never put the pieces together again?

If you're under enough stress/despair to feel that way, then you might want to talk about it with someone!

3FMmC.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Made a bunch of foo expecting coworkers to come over so we could work on a training session. They don't come over so we get to eat tons of food. Nomnomnom.

Your profile pic is so fitting for this post.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.

I'm not sure if I've ever been there.

I know that I've never stopped moving forward with regards to transition because I remember being stuck and knowing if I stop I might not be able to start again? I'm not sure if that's the same. Either way : (

We're here.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

This is basically how I feel every minute of every day. I get through it by setting realistic goals and managing my own expectations.

Am I going to get a job soon? No, probably not, but I can put in X amount of applications and call Y companies.

Am I going to lose a bunch of weight really fast? No, but I can eat smaller portions and less fat and go for my runs and do my free/body weight routine every day.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Made a bunch of foo expecting coworkers to come over so we could work on a training session. They don't come over so we get to eat tons of food. Nomnomnom.

Jealous.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    Back to our regularly schedule programming.

Someone drove through one of the gates to my community today. This happens every now and then. What are people thinking when they do this? Would they drive right over a security guard?

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
    I want to get one colored lens. A blue colored lens.

in a slightly different shade of blue than my natural eyes.

and then go around and look into people's eyes a lot.
    xlh6c3.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Ahh... too many damned drugs. Like, I thought Atomika came out a while ago, and remember AR posting since then? Is that wrong, cause I'm like slightly confused and surprised.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    Back to our regularly schedule programming.

Someone drove through one of the gates to my community today. This happens every now and then. What are people thinking when they do this? Would they drive right over a security guard?

Gates fault for not getting out of the way of its betters?

If you're under enough stress/despair to feel that way, then you might want to talk about it with someone!

Relative in hospital.
    xlh6c3.png
    If I can assert my straight white male privilege for a moment and make everything about me, on the plus side, I did not bat an I when Atomika came out, once I figured out what happened. "I guess Atomic Ross is a woman now. I hope it goes well for her" was my initial reaction. That's a p. big deal for me.

Nah, that's legitimately cool and I'm glad you're willing to change like that.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Okay, I should start getting ready for the Gatsby party. Unfortunately I don't have a tuxedo yet, so I'm torn. I'll be wearing a 3 piece mid-grey worsted suit and I don't know if I should go with a navy and white polka dot bowtie or a black satin bowtie. The latter is basically black tie otherwise, and more formal (and more night club feel) but it seems wrong to wear with a grey suit.

Bah, someone needs to put a cheap vintage 36R dinner jacket on eBay so I don't have these problems.
    tea-1.jpg
    redx wrote: »
    Ahh... too many damned drugs. Like, I thought Atomika came out a while ago, and remember AR posting since then? Is that wrong, cause I'm like slightly confused and surprised.

Yeah you've got the order wrong on that somewhere :P
    HerrCron wrote: »

I totally would but not while he has a girlfriend. That would be like a tragedy upon a tragedy. I also make sure to NOT FLIRT WITH HIM.

Fuzzy, you cool.
    She's just being a bit sill - no need to worry about it, she'll cop on shortly.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.