Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Ahh... too many damned drugs. Like, I thought Atomika came out a while ago, and remember AR posting since then? Is that wrong, cause I'm like slightly confused and surprised.

Yeah you've got the order wrong on that somewhere :P
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Anyone been at the point where you want to fall to pieces and break down, but you know that you can't, because if you do, you'll never put the pieces together again?

Because that's about where I am right now.

<3
    tea-1.jpg
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Anyone been at the point where you want to fall to pieces and break down, but you know that you can't, because if you do, you'll never put the pieces together again?

Too a certain extent yes. I was in a pretty bad way a while ago. (Due to medical issues and work stress)

Having someone really helped me. Otherwise I probably would have fallen to pieces.

Hopefully you have someone you can rely on? Family/Friend/Partner. No need to go it alone.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular

I have had more times than I care to admit where I only held things together because I didn't know what else to do but move forward trying to hold all the prices together. I also have a bad habit of keeping this stuff completely inside and not talking to anyone about it. Telling people here about the issues we're having with the pregnancy is very new for me. . .

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=lqmORiHNtN4&NR=1

look at janelle monae's gorgeous face and listen to her equally gorgeous voice, for a while.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Okay, I should start getting ready for the Gatsby party. Unfortunately I don't have a tuxedo yet, so I'm torn. I'll be wearing a 3 piece mid-grey worsted suit and I don't know if I should go with a navy and white polka dot bowtie or a black satin bowtie. The latter is basically black tie otherwise, and more formal (and more night club feel) but it seems wrong to wear with a grey suit.

Bah, someone needs to put a cheap vintage 36R dinner jacket on eBay so I don't have these problems.

36R? Now I get why you want to go bespoke.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • iguanacusiguanacus Registered User regular
    something seems broken there Abdhyius, I had to right click and open in a new window for that to load.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ahh... too many damned drugs. Like, I thought Atomika came out a while ago, and remember AR posting since then? Is that wrong, cause I'm like slightly confused and surprised.

If Tube's name change didn't affect already posted comments, that could cause some overlap if reading multiple threads.

But I think it works like Avatars anyway.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    My friend is straight but super cutesy with me and I think it bothers his girlfriend. I don't wanna be that person but I also think she should maybe get over it.

I would say yes, but i give the worst advice.
    But you harbour no desire to jump his bones, right?
    I totally would but not while he has a girlfriend. That would be like a tragedy upon a tragedy. I also make sure to NOT FLIRT WITH HIM.

Fuzzy, you cool.
    She's just being a bit sill - no need to worry about it, she'll cop on shortly.
    Like, my body language is obvious that him being touchy and intimate is not okay because it makes her uncomfortable (but it wouldn't make me uncomfortable if it didn't make her uncomfortable). This has been a weird time in my life. Oh grad school. You so silly.
    3FMmC.jpg
    prest1_4867037a.jpg

This is a picture from the church service that was part of the opening of the bergen pride days.

In it two priests are literally dragging a third priest out of the church.
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013
    iguanacus wrote: »
    something seems broken there Abdhyius, I had to right click and open in a new window for that to load.

I put an img tag on it. ell oh ell.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Okay, I should start getting ready for the Gatsby party. Unfortunately I don't have a tuxedo yet, so I'm torn. I'll be wearing a 3 piece mid-grey worsted suit and I don't know if I should go with a navy and white polka dot bowtie or a black satin bowtie. The latter is basically black tie otherwise, and more formal (and more night club feel) but it seems wrong to wear with a grey suit.

Bah, someone needs to put a cheap vintage 36R dinner jacket on eBay so I don't have these problems.

Well, I want to go bespoke because it just seems incredible in every kind of way. Like, eating artisanal cheese made from your own dairy. The fact that it's hard for me to find well fitting things off the rack is only secondary to that. I rarely need to wear suits, I just like to.
    tea-1.jpg
    On the yellow reflex vest it says "God will not be mocked" and "man and woman he created them"
    xlh6c3.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Back to our regularly schedule programming.

Someone drove through one of the gates to my community today. This happens every now and then. What are people thinking when they do this? Would they drive right over a security guard?

I thought the cardinal rule of lawyering is "Never ask a question you don't know the answer to?"
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    On the yellow reflex vest it says "God will not be mocked" and "man and woman he created them"

Whew, good thing I wasn't there, it would have been embarrassing to be seen wearing the same outfit
    turtlesig.jpg
    Mortious wrote: »

If Tube's name change didn't affect already posted comments, that could cause some overlap if reading multiple threads.

It did change everything.
  • iguanacusiguanacus Registered User regular

Well, I want to go bespoke because it just seems incredible in every kind of way. Like, eating artisanal cheese made from your own dairy. The fact that it's hard for me to find well fitting things off the rack is only secondary to that. I rarely need to wear suits, I just like to.

Could go red, but that might be a little too Pee Wee.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

Yeah, sort of. It good to find a place where you can let bits of yourself fall to pieces a bit for a while in a sort of controlled safe way. Like, therapists or people you are really comfortable talking to who aren't involved in all your shit. Figure out how you would put the bits back together. Get reinforcement that, like your issues can be managed but it's not a failing that you are stressed the hell out by the situation.

or whatever.

I'm maybe not one to take advise from, as I'm in the process of putting pieces back together.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    Abdhyius wrote: »

If you're under enough stress/despair to feel that way, then you might want to talk about it with someone!

Relative in hospital.

That's just one piece of it. Overall, I feel like I'm always playing the pillar of strength, and my reserves are just about dry.
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
    Wait, Atomika quit?
    turtlesig.jpg
    iguanacus wrote: »

Could go red, but that might be a little too Pee Wee.

I don't have a red bowtie, just a long one. And it has a geometric gold fleur de lis pattern, which doesn't really seem like a good idea after 6:00p.
    tea-1.jpg
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Wait, Atomika quit?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26677603#Comment_26677603

That is the basics.

Also I have the fucking worst timing, but have to go to my neighbor's for an hour. I'll be back!
    correction: not actually a priest anymore

as he has been legally stripped of that title... quite a while ago.
    xlh6c3.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

It did change everything.

I'm pretty sure I just didn't notice, and was thinking of someone else from, like, months ago. Christ, many months.

RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.

Too a certain extent yes. I was in a pretty bad way a while ago. (Due to medical issues and work stress)

Having someone really helped me. Otherwise I probably would have fallen to pieces.

Hopefully you have someone you can rely on? Family/Friend/Partner. No need to go it alone.

That's the biggest part - I don't.

No partner (and that bit is a huge amount of stress in of itself.)

Family - none I can really confide in.

Friends - I've been more in the caretaker role there as of late.
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Man, I have terrible timing.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh dude we should chat at some point... i've got a few hours tonight and may be on tomorrow night
    sig.gif
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Nearing the end of The Wire season 2
    Ziggy, you goddamn dumb fuck.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Nearing the end of The Wire season 2
    Ziggy, you goddamn dumb fuck.

Hahaha, yeah.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

That's the biggest part - I don't.

No partner (and that bit is a huge amount of stress in of itself.)

Family - none I can really confide in.

Friends - I've been more in the caretaker role there as of late.

I've rewritten this post so many times, but I don't think I'm the best person to be giving advice.

You'll always have someone friendly on the forums though. While we won't be able to provide you with much practical support, feel free to bitch with us or just chat about something unrelated and remind yourself that life keeps on trucking.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Is "The Wire" an HBO show?

Yes
    SC2 : nexuscrawler.381

"yes"
    turtlesig.jpg

yes
    xlh6c3.png
    Fuck it, I'm a follower.

Yes.
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    Seriously, someone come eat all the food in this house. And also paint their nails with me.
    yes

yes

yes

YES
    xlh6c3.png
    Seriously, someone come eat all the food in this house. And also paint their nails with me.

I will eat food but I'm not sure about painting my nails.
This discussion has been closed.